Is it bad that I spend the vast majority of my time alone?

Is it bad that I spend the vast majority of my time alone?

Being alone is good. It fosters creativity

Probably, but I'm in the same boat

Only if you don't want to.

not if you're listening to Hitler speeches :)

Are you bettering yourself in your solitude, or are you slipping into degeneracy?

Are you getting anything done?

Being alone is heaven. Fuck society.

Look around you user. You are not alone. And now go out there and kill a prostitute because you are an asocial failure.

depends

on if youre working on a great scientific or political treatise that will revolutionise human endeavors

or if you spend all that time masturbating and reading pedophile comic books

it is always at times like these, when we perceive the enjoyment of others doing other things, that we get fear of missing out, thoughts about loneliness, etc. you should get tinder or bumble and try to meet somebody. also, if in your alone time you are not working hard towards a goal, then yes, it is bad. if you are thinking constructively, learning, planning, then all is good brotha. if you can master yourself (understand/love) you'll shine way brighter than everyone who doesnt have that gift of wisdom. just don't let yourself turn against humanity. ever.

>you should get tinder or bumble
Fucking degenerate horseshit.

A better way to get a quality girl is through church or meetup groups. Just infiltrate a normie group, be sociable and confidently aloof enough not to put the women around you on a pedestal. That's all it takes. Fuck these (((dating apps))).

define alone

the internet has redefined communications. talking with people online > watching tv alone.

Me too, user. Me too. I would say 95%+ of the time I am not at work is spent alone.

I spend like 90% of my waking time alone. I write a lot though so it's okay, and people are often impressed that I'm a published novelist (regardless of whether or not they enjoy it). So just make sure you are being productive, especially if you're unemployed and filling out job apps every day waiting for work like I am

tis true. but if you present yourself honestly, and only swipe on women who seem to fit whatever your strict standards are, then a dating app is perfect. unfortuantely, we treat it as a 'would fuck' and 'wouldn't fuck'. of course the vast vast majority are caked up slags, and this is disheartening.

>Is it bad that I spend the vast majority of my time alone?
nod rilly :D :D :D

You know who else liked to spend most of their time alone?

I’d rather be alone than around fair weather people. This year I gained more perspective on whom my friends are and those who I just socialize with. Fewer than I thought which is perfectly fine.

This post right here wraps up 2017 for me so perfectly
I lost a ton of friends this year which was really hard. My best friend from highschool basically slow ghosted me. You think you know someone...

In the end, humans are social creatures. Remember that across time and cultures isolation was a punishment. Exile, excommunication, solitary confinement, even Hell is being separated from God. It's not seen as a bad thing for no reason.
That said, I do the same, to the point where a friend asked if I do it on purpose, keeping my non-alone time to a bare minimum.
Some have isolated themselves temporarily and come back with books or artwork or some form of enlightenment. Some have never come back, lost in the desert or the at a monastery.
Having lost my Mother in 2017 I have made more regular contact with my family - I live 2000 miles away - and understand the reason and purpose of family and friendships. I appreciate it a bit more.
Before Sup Forums I was to the Left, and believed the idea that it is the Individual that is primary. I have since come to see that it is the Family that is the true nucleus, and reflects the state of society.
At the very least try to use your time wisely. You might not always have the chance.

Depends. Is your mind of joyful solitude or solitary confinement?

I think you already know the answer to that

Sig thread