Baki Dou 151

the time is come, he is the one who murders all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qO7GFIqFvo8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit-Fighter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't worry, more stuff happens than you'd expect from just these few pages so far

I want to see musashit btfo
post faster
FASTER

>Folded over 1000 times japanese meme

I'm posting literally every 60 seconds ok
you need to like calm down

Sorry man

it's ok
but do calm down, though
high blood pressure is a leading cause of being dead

end scene

>this time is going to happen more stuff than you expect
>its a Musashi kills everyone chapter
Thanks a lot op

more kills than you expect

I get it's that it's meant to showcase Musashi's beliefs by heavily contrasting with the police scene but I don't imagine the patience of some readers is wearing down any slower, case in point

Is Musashi the worst thing to happen to Baki yet?
How will the crapfest be topped?

I honestly think this spree so far will read fine and fast fully translated, there are some great pages and panels and it isn't too dialogue heavy

We already know whose arc is longer, so -

Who's more irritating/bad for the manga: Pickle, or Musashi?

It's pretty fuckign retarded how he killed them all off without them even getting a shot to fire one single time.Why the fuck did they even get so close to himt o begin with,couldn't they have just sniped him from their helicopters?

I guess even Itagaki thought it would be stupid to have Musashi dodge thousands of bullets in mere seconds.Besides that does anyone know why Spinny hasn't posted translations lately?

sigh
piece of shit manga
idiotic writer

Perhaps they finally realized the manga is garbage not worth their time?

It's pretty much their main manga though,perhaps he realized shilling it here is pointless.

>It's pretty fuckign retarded how he killed them all off without them even getting a shot to fire one single time.Why the fuck did they even get so close to himt o begin with,couldn't they have just sniped him from their helicopters?
Read the Book of 5 Rings. The split second is when you decide whether to shoot or run, that#s when he kills you.

And yes, this split second is something everyone has unless years of experience killing people. It useless to un-train this for modern battles, so nobody does it anymore.

Also, keep in mind that at a distance of 8 meters or below, a melee weapon > a gun. According to police, at least.

I concur,Itagaki is a bigger hack than Oda.

Why is everyone so mad?

>does anyone know why Spinny hasn't posted translations lately?
We have, silly; I think we put up a chapter yesterday, even
119 is primed for release whenever

the reason why it's *slower*, though: one of our redrawers disappeared (he's probably in this thread, though!) and the other one has temporarily lost his internet connection; we're kinda working around that stuff
I've got stuff typeset up to like chapter 123 - once the redraws are done, we can get to releasing those chapters. They *should* have been released already since there's few redraws (except for in 122, I think) - we all agree on that - but shikata ga nai lol

Once again, I have to inquire in these threads: if anyone is a redrawer or knows a redrawer or where we can get a redrawer, please, let me know. The help would be much appreciated - even just a recommendation.

I actually read book of five ring and that scene still makes no sense.

Posting it for any of you lazy fucks that don't wanna read.

youtube.com/watch?v=qO7GFIqFvo8

>I actually read book of five ring and that scene still makes no sense.
Then you didn't understand it. American, right?

I love how Musashi always triggers Sup Forums because he is not edgy or black enough. If it was Oliva or a robot, Americans would cream themselves.

Audio reading isn't reading

That's bullshit,i don't believe you're Spinny without you posting any random Baki page that's even remotely related to your post.It's your trademark at this point.

That's why i said i only posted it for the lazy cunts that don't wanna read.

Guess that must be it. He's not really doing anything else than Pickle at this point, no, he actually got KOed several times already.

Must be an American thing to hate Baki Dou, I dunno.

Why don't they use a stun grenade

Americans are triggered by two things:
>Powerful guys who arent black
>Old shit being superiour to new shit
Musashi is both.

give me a break, I'm not particularly awake

You already have 3 posts shittalking Americans to this point,why the obsession?

I misunderstood, then. I thought you were saying that *you* had 'audio-read' the Book of Five Rings.

Because the writing is so fucking bad, its unbelievably tiring to read this crap.

I'm not buying these posts are made by different people.

Because they are not, i fucking bet that poster is either a Swede or german that got triggered by americans on Sup Forums and came here to vent out.

I have a great idea. After Musashi kills this group of cops, Itagaki should have them send an even bigger group and have Musashi kill them too.

What the pacing of baki always this slow? I sort of feel it got worse as Baki the grappler went on and then just became ridiculously slow during the Yujiro/Baki fight at the end

Are you implying that americans dont have shit taste?

I am convinced now,anyways i gotta thank you for shilling Baki so far on Sup Forums up until now,you are basically the only reason the series is still alive,I have no idea where you could get a redrawer but i do hope you get one soon.

Americans do have shit taste,but there is no reason to assume that everyone who disagrees with you is an american.I am one of the posters that you disagreed with and i am an eurocuck.

>Was the pacing of baki always this slow?
No, it was faster, as you said. The Oliva arc, for example, was 78 chapters long. The Pickle arc was ~90-100 chapters. Yuujiro was the 'final boss', and he got about as many chapters as Musashi has had so far; and Baki hasn't even shown up for his real fight with Musashi, yet.

Thank you for the sentiment, at least, friend.

Didn't knwo the Oliva arc was that long, maybe because I block out the whole Che sideplot

What was even the point of Che?

So yeah, nice to see this thread up because boy do I have to unpack some shit. Same user who has been reading through the entirety of Baki and I finished 'Son of Ogre' and man do I have conflicting feelings on it. I've read a decent amount of battle shounen and I'm more than familiar with some of the things that can go wrong with writing constant fights with an increasingly eclectic cast but I really have/did enjoy my time with Baki the Grappler and I don't mind waiting for the slow trickle of chapters to finish out for that. That being said Part 3 became a chore to read at times and I found myself liking the story more whenever Baki wasn't around more than anything else. There were just more interesting stories being told with conflicts like Biscuit vs Che and Retsu vs the world of boxing.

I mentioned it last time but the sheer amount of plot details that get dropped in this series bother me. I get the point of giving each character their gimmick but why imply that Biscuit was going to be humbled and learn Judo if he's just going to stick with his 'Muh Muscles' gimmick all the time? Why start a side plot where a pirate Retsu works his way through the heavy weights of the world if you're not even going to show off the fight against !Usain Bolt? I'm getting this gripe out of the way first because man did it kill me a little when I finished the last volume and felt like things were just cut.

I don't fucking know either because he and Olivia never really finish their conflict. We got a free invitation to his island and never go there. He's just chopping trees again I guess.

The thing about Oliva's arc is that, while seeming like 78 chapters, it feels like it's 150 chapters

>why imply that Biscuit was going to be humbled and learn Judo ...
See, I didn't personally read it like that. I saw it as him being reminded that there are other ways to be strong. Would've been a lot funnier if it had been Kaku who'd done it, though.

>Why start a side plot ... if you're not even going to show off the fight against !Usain Bolt?
Like you said: I think that was cut - but I don't think it was cut by Itagaki. I imagine that the editors knew that the manga would sell better if it was just focusing on Baki vs Yuujiro near the end - after all, it is 'their' manga, and having a Retsu chapter cutting into the climax every now and then might piss off a lot of readers. We know that the editors can have extremely strong influence over Itagaki: the Convict arc only exists because an editor wanted Itagaki to do something more interesting than what he had initially planned, and gave him the idea[s] for synchronicity and crap. So, it's not too far of a stretch to imagine that he wanted to include the Bolt fight but couldn't, due to publication constraints. Alternate, and much briefer, theory: somebody above Itagaki might've thought that Bolt would sue if they showed the fight, and told him to just offscreen it.

You mentioned your thoughts on the first and the third arcs of the third series, but what did you think of the monolith in the middle; Pickle?

So we get to the actual plot of SoO and it's not really that focussed. We start with Baki doing image training trying to properly prepare for the fight with his father that was promised in the previous part. That's fair, his father is setting the date so he has time to get ready. Cool

We have some kid that will be hanging around Baki? No problem. The audience gets a free perspective character. Baki abducts the president so he can get put in the Black Pentagon and fight with Biscuit? What? Why not just call up Unchained and ask him for an invite? "Baki goes to Prison" was a fun idea but that was just weird. Then you have Che who I really liked because he's got that pirate swagger but how the Prison fight ends reflects what I don't like about this Parts arcs; Strong openings with weak endings where Baki's "victory" feels unearned. I do not believe for a second that Biscuit's punches didn't flatten Baki and he just hallucinated the whole fight afterwards.

Baki learning prison culture, Us the readers seeing Che beat down people, The big fight between the first and second, and learning of Biscuits dark (and fat) secret was engaging. But when it came down to the actual fight between Baki and Olivia I half expected there to be an always Sunny in Philidelphia title card of "Baki fucking dies". No way he's going to beat that wall of muscles. But not only does Baki do it, but over the course of the arc he manages to reprimand Biscuit for living his life "chained" as opposed to his title of "unchained". I think Baki was a little arrogant with how he goes about proving that ideological point but like father like son I guess. It's just weird because last arc was all about how "people don't lose if they don't admit defeat" but Biscuit just smiles at Baki in the end and lets him go instead of walking back through the wall and flattening him before carrying his waifu back to bed

>Pickle
Imma get to him, just slow at typing this out. Also making breakfast

Stop talking with yourself.

The only person doing that is the one who was going off about ethnicity or whatever.

But user, it's just you and me in this thread. And I don't exist.
--
So Baki leaves Prison and we move onto the man from out of time. Fun fact. I didn't read Volume 10.5 until after I had finished the series so Pickles came out of left fucking field for me. One minute I'm watching Baki have tea and talking about Jurassic Park. The next minute we have a literal cave man and then Pickles is balls deep in some unfortunate anchorwoman and that was when I knew things were going to be insane.

And man do I love Pickles as a character. He's just some goofy, out of time hunter. Yes it makes no sense that cavemen fought dinosaurs when we never existed at the same time, but I can ignore that little factoid if it means watching every great martial artist in the series break into the same compound in increasingly extravegant ways. Watching Doppo just walk out of a T-Rex statue was amazing. How did he get there? How long was he waiting? Did he have himself mailed there? Gaia made sense he's a master of camoflague, but Doppo did some next level shit.

Retsu probably solidified himself as my favorite character during the Kaioh tournament, but I loved his shadow walking and the comment about everyone having played MGS hit the nail on the head. This arc started off really strong and I think it's the only one in this arc to really deliver on a satifying number of fights. But I'm going to break that down into a second post because this is where the rollercoaster ride of Imagination begins.

But our current dilemna is that Pickles isn't eating and everyone else wants to fight him because they can feel the primal strength within his body.

As a short aside, did anyone else notice the weird case of 'Pendulum chin' going on in this part? It really stuck out and now I can't not see it whenever anyone had a monologue. It's bizarre because this is also where I started to notice the "turtle Lips" thing I see Musashi doing whenever he cuts anything (Yuujiro does it first in his fight) and of all the quirks of the art this is the one that triggers me the most.

What if there's a Fight Club twist and Baki and Musashi are the same person?

I mean seriously, think about it.

but we've already seen them in the same place at the same time
or are you implying that they somehow share a hivemind-like mental space

So this is the part of Baki that I've heard about in whispers but I hadn't seen it myself. This is where the power of Imagination ramps up to 11. Pickles vs Restu was a good fight, Kung Fu vs Apex Hunter, with the stakes of being devoured was tense and I'm glad the powers at be didn't kill retsu, and him losing a limb actually stuck. Pickles was set up as a terrible opponent because loss could mean death. And when he drops into his animal stance you know it's time to run. I liked it.

Then we get to the glory that is the Super Sonic Punch. Retsu going to train Katsumi, and then Kaku showing up to reinforce that training, all so Katsumi could take proper revenge against Pickles was amazing. This is probably the hilight of the whole of Part 3 for me. Fighting in a stadium filled with all of the Branch members was a good move. I remember from the last arc when Doppo's students helped to corale Dorian to the amusement park and it reminded me again of how massive his following is.

But Katsumi doing Image training to "increase" the number of his joints is the dumbest thing I've read in some time and I ate it all up with relish. I couldn't stop smiling. And This arc was a lot of development for Katsumi because when he first showed up at the military base he got (rightfully) punked by Yuujiro. I'm glad that the payoff was that his efforts were rewarded and Pickles acknowledged him as a worthy opponent. Yes he lost, because in reality, after all the damage he did Pickles just went to sleep. But that moment of respect meant a lot

Pickles is presented as a force of nature, he's kept well characterized and we're still learning about him. So far I'm really invested in this arc. Then we get to Baki vs Pickles and things get even more insane in a good way.

With all this brutality, is Itagaki building up the no forgiveness for Musashi angle? Does he want Baki to kill him in cold blood?

No thought's on Jack's fight?

There was that line in the last chapter about 'not allowing Musashi to be called a hero'. And yeah, I think Musashi is going to be Baki's first kill, as a means to segue into one final Yuujiro vs Baki rematch.

Our hamma boy is growing up so fast.

It has been less than 200 volumes, and he is already on to his first prey.

>There was that line in the last chapter about 'not allowing Musashi to be called a hero'
I think that was about not allowing him to gain popular support which could turn into political power. Like that story we had earlier about Shibukawa's master.

>as a means to segue into one final Yuujiro vs Baki rematch
Do you really expect one? There has been no build up at all for that in all of Dou, neither of them seems to care anymore.

They are resting for now. But it is their hamma blood and hamma destiny.

You know what I forgot his fight but thankfully this is after Katsumi so I'm still taking it in order. I read this two weeks ago and am skimming volumes to get an idea of what I was thinking.

Jack vs Pickles was interesting because I still haven't Seen Jack in Baki Son of Grappler aside from his initial appearance in the tournament announcement but I know he's Baki's half brother and a madman who is willing to roid up, and undergoe surgery to fulfill his father's wishes of getting a worthy fight.

He's also pure carnage and the fact that he put the fear of Death into Pickles and managed to fight him without being devoured was good. He and Pickles "kiss" plus the resulting beatdowns are brutal. Taking Pickle's ear and getting him angry for the first time. Damn. "There are some things you just don't eat" At first I thought that was because he was filled with Drugs and Pickles could sense them in him, but nope. It's because he's poised to kill whoever approaches him. Tokugawa is happy that when Asians age they get shorter.

Jack vs Pickles was reminiscent of the previous arc where "losers don't lose if they don't admit defeat". He put up a good fight in the arena and even though he lost he made a strong impression because he was willing to kill his opponent even in a state of unconsciousness. However, he also gets made out to be a sore loser when he keeps going after Pickles and his humiliation afterwards might lend to how he's not a "pure" (in the sense of intentions) fighter. Being strung up as a display of defeat was the final nail in the coffin for his ego it seems because after that I only remember Jack crying. Wheras Katsumi received a prayer and respect, Jack was a trophy to be displayed in the worst way possible.

I am looking forward to whenever the Part 1 translations get to the Jack Hammer fights. I guess I'll lose the impact of the reveal of his connection to Baki, but I still don't know what the fight will be like.

Musashi was shaping up to be the only person with whom Yuujiro could have a good fight. If Baki killed Musashi, I'm sure he'd be at least somewhat pissed. But no, pragmatically, I expect there to be some specific reason for Yuujiro to rage at Baki once again. Or, now that I'm thinking about it, it could go the other way: Yuujiro saves/protects Musashi after the latter's killed like 1,000 people, Baki goes apeshit, and launches into a serious fight against Yuujiro to put a stop to the nonsense.

>Tokugawa is happy that when Asians age they get shorter.
?

>I guess I'll lose the impact of the reveal of his connection to Baki
Since his very first fight it's incredibly obvious.

So now we get to Baki vs Pickles. The latter having learned that he can fight without eating because "these Little big men" are worth treasuring. I also think this is when we find out that Einstein can start cloning T-Rex meat so they can start feeding Pickles the frozen meat they still have and not endangered species. Or people.

Einstein is bizarre because he was so zealous about protecting Pickles and doing anything to keep him alive FOR SCIENCE!, that it's weird they never tried to feed pickles the food he was fighting when they found him. Nope, humans are worth considering first I guess. Having read volume 10.5 I have to assume it came out after Pickle's arc because otherwise everyone should have known that he really just wanted to eat some T-Rex. Nobody thought to do that first? Ok at least it gave us a scene where Pickles shares his meat with Baki. I feel like Katsumi deserved it more but he's laid out in a hospital and Baki could use some food too.

Anyways, this fight is interesting. Coming off Retsu, Katsumi and Jack, I had to wonder what tricks would be pulled to allow the tiny Baki to do anything against Pickles. I was a little dissatisfied with Baki vs Olivia but this might turn out better.

But this whole arc we've been seeing that Baki is very similar to his father and likes to provoke people and it rears it's head in a bad way. I forgot to mention when this happened with Olivia but Baki is really a "little Demon" in his own right and for a while now part of my dislike for him is because he reminds me of the man who killed his own Wife.

Just a joke, If he had been taller he would have been killed by Jack's last attack. Technically everyone gets shorter as they age but the stereotype I've grown up with is that Asians get it the worst.

Well then. Never mind.

Only if you're Japanese, really. We don't really have a way of translating the fact that "Hammer" is written as "Hanmaa" in kana.

one subconsciously tries to question the imposition of the author concerning "he is stronger than an army, or modern weaponry". this is the first real time an attempt to satisfy that has been made, aside from Speck that i know of.

and its true, a weakness of modern infantry is close quarter confrontation. you cannot implode upon your formation with guns, or you'd just end up shooting your team. we can actually say that if these martial artists were to close the gap on an infantry team only using guns as means of offense, their victory wouldnt seem unrealistic. granted, minutes of strategy wouldve offered better defense, but the author preceded that with the story about the 20th century grandmaster that was taken down by enclosure and water hoses, from a distance

baki can be cheesy, but it's definitely national treasure level

Oh, that totally reminds me; I don't think this is really known or established anywhere:

Jack's 'fighting style' has him described as a "pit fighter", which seems to mean or refer to absolutely nothing until you find out about this guy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott

So, Jack's wild and seemingly formless fighting style is actually based on Tank Abbott's street fighting style. It's also (presumably) where the line about Jack having no official fighting record comes from; as Tank Abbott purportedly fought in hundreds of street fights before getting involved in MMA stuff.

oooh nicely said. yea one could say that the difference between musashi and the modern warriors is that he lives in a different world of confrontation, one that doesnt account for hesitance. so while one might expect confrontation to be riddled with hesitance by both parties, musashi himself forgoes hesitance, which probably makes him almost invisible to most people, who's reactions would account for an amount of hesitance in the actions of others. musashi becomes an amoral force of nature, instead of a human force of violence. shinigami

yujiro calls musashi impure, because he claims to have money and fame as a motivation. but that isnt the musashi that anyone knows. he is colloquially known as a master of consideration. an artist, a scholar, a buddhist philosopher, etc. he is still walking the line between the cold blooded predator and the warm blooded master, and its the swordless cutting technique that lets him. his entire body and intent is to kill with impunity, but the kill does not happen

either way, baki arcs can definitely get boring af. if they arent going to using yujiro more, id like to see an arc where baki focuses on the softer arts, despite us being forced to think he's already mastered them. an arc where gouki can be revered as a master and not a footnote

Baki provokes the fight and it's on. It's weird that Baki has the upper hand at this point. Stomping Pickles and even getting a choke hold in. But then Pickles takes a leap and this could only get better if that caveman had discovered the the Kinniku Buster at that moment.

The fight then goes back and forth. Baki lands a gentle punch that is able to rattle Pickle's brain and circumvent his stiff neck. And the author is good at showing that the "magic" Baki is using to actually do damage is different than what the other fighters up to this point have tried, direct blunt attacks. Instead Baki aims for the types of attacks that don't have conventional defenses, or ones that Pickle's isn't equipped to deflect with his superior body. Even then though it's not enough. Pickles on the other hand is wrecking Baki and it's clear that he had the advantage the whole time. A lot of playful mockery of Baki happened this fight. Then the Benda and now it's Pickle's turn to be humiliated.

Then there is the imagination stances. This was cool. This is the big payoff to those introductory chapters. Being able to make your oppnent not only feel the source of your attacks, but also see the image of them superimposed onto you is anime as fuck and I like it.

>"Hanmaa" in kana
Ok, that's cool to see. Would Japanese readers intepret "hanmaa" as "hammer" still or would it still be obvious to them.

>minutes of strategy wouldve offered better defense ...
The problem is that virtually any tactics that can be followed by ordinary humans will be drastically outpaced by Baki-level superhumans. If Musashi is strafing between the tanks at just 200 MPH, even special forces-type soldiers can't be expected to keep up with him. If they suddenly choose to all back away at once, he can just rush them at 200 MPH and force them to stop shooting because of friendly fire. Even if they spread out as much as possible, the man's still moving at totally unprecedented speeds; they can't start shooting if he manages to reach their first ally before they've already started.

Honestly, I think next chapter must be where the helicopters come in, given that they're the last panel of the chapter. Now that I think about it, the usage of guns on helicopters could be compared to the usage of the firehoses on Morihei Ueshiba.

Even disregarding that, his exchange with Yujiro made it evident.

There's a game called Pit Fighter from before that guy debuted.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit-Fighter

Yes, but virtually every fighter in the series is based on a real person. Stands to reason that Jack would be, too.

Yeah, just showing that he didn't invent the term.

Who are Retsu and Hanayama based on, anyway?

Ok, trying to move a bit faster on this because play by play takes forever. PIckles overall is a fun arc. Good fights, the right amount of anime fighting wankery. And his final form was grotesque and cool. Baki makes Pickle's experience a creature he's never seen before and further develops the concept of modern techniques. My only real complaint is that Pickles is so much stronger than Baki that this is another installment in "Baki fucking Dies" yet he doesn't.

I do like this though because it's reminiscent of what I liked about fights in Baki the Grappler. Baki shares in his opponents way of life and they both form a mutual bond through their adversity. Pickles is much like the giant ape, even seperated by a language and culture barrier these two understand each other.

Skipping ahead, Baki wanting to have a normal dinner, and getting his father to show up at his house was surreal. I was curious what would want Baki to have the man who killed his mother over, and why he was attempting to get to know Yuujiro in the capacity as a father but it makes sense to a degree. Baki doesn't know anything about this man who has been a monolithic figure and he's never had a normal family relationship.

Him asking his father to do the dishes and them playing Rock Paper Scissors was tense. All the stuff in the background about the friendship treaty with the U.S. and why nobody can go after Yuujiro with just a gun is pure nonsense but whatever. The strongest creature alive knows no logic, only dominance. Then we move into the big fight.

>m4/16 type charging handle on an mp5

well retsu has a title so surely he shares that title with his inspiration. whoever the young heir to chinese mysticism would be. a very scary thing for him to have perished in this story, considering his responsibility. its apparent why motobu as a shinobi would feel obligated to protect japanese royalty from their own bloodlust

I'm going to front load all this in case I decide to not drone on too long by saying that Baki vs Yuujiro is a confusing mess of a fight. This has been hyped up for a couple of hundred chapters and really, the whole series had been building up to this moment and what I read was awesome, but quickly the air was let out of the balloon as I realized that Baki was never going to beat his father. And the conclusion felt really off as Yuujiro hands off the title because he realizes it's become meaningless. And Baki admits his defeat and everyone shakes hands.

Please someone help me make sense of this because I'm so confused about why not being able to properly salt imaginary soup made him pass on the title?

There was Baki's encounter with Hanayama's subordinate before this fight to show us the next Image based technique, and I like this guy but he showed up too late to really get the screen time I felt that he deserved. Retsu also was doing his fights before this but as pointed out, the real draw is Baki vs Yuujiro so for whatever reasons exist, that plotline was scrapped and we go to dine at the skyscraper.

The world is holding it's breath as the strongest creature alive and his son meet once again for dinner. Then Yuujiro decides that he hasn't properly disciplined his son ever and after Baki once again provokes a fight we take a dive out a window and things get weird.

something something custom model mumble mumble special forces

So what happens here, and why I think this fight could have been better is that Baki keeps having to change the rules to try and weasel out a win but Yuujiro is still to fucking strong for him.

His best move was the Gokiburi Dash and it only works once. And his only other significant action was to exploit the 0.5 second window to knock out Yuujiro briefly. The rest of the fight devolves into

>B: I'll use this technique
>Y: I'll do it better
>B: I'll use the quick draw technique
>Y: I'll give you a handicap and tell you when I'll hit you
>Onlookers: Holy shit this is going to come down to [Insert skill name here] and [Insert description of what skill requires]
>B: Actually hold up let me use this other thing instead
>Y: Ok, I'll just beat your last minute cheating as well

I hope nobody gets offended that I don't like this fight but it just didn't feel as good as it was pumped up to be. Honestly even if Baki was interested in being the "Strongest creature alive" and not just beating his dad it would still be impossible given the way he's written. In the last Series, when Baki no-sold that one Kaioh I thought that was the author telling us that he's already transcended normal martial arts. His father high fiving him and them each defeating their opponents made me think that I had already missed something in Baki the Grappler that resulted in Baki definitevly earning his title as strongest fighter in the Underground circuit.

But every main fight Baki had this series made me realize that he's still not in the Big leagues yet. He didn't really defeat Biscuit although he managed to tackle him through a wall and manifested his Back Muscles. He didn't beat Pickles, a creature Yuujiro wanted to fight. And when he fights Yuujiro It quickly became clear that he was never going to give Yuujiro the fight he wanted, nor make his father regret anything he did to his wife or his other actions.

The moment where Yuujiro looks Baki in the face, then does pic related is the moment where the fight ends. He has some realization and that's when he decided to end things.
\
But what did Yuujiro get from Baki? What made him content to pass on the title? The fight couldn't have been that enjoyable to him? He was always in a dominant position save maybe once or twice, and even then.

At least Baki's will to fight never left but then you just have Yuujiro standing in the street commenting to himself. Maybe that's why he gave his son the title; to reward his efforts. It's just an off way to end the conflict.

Anyways, thanks OP for your contributions to translating this series, you and your group have done a great job. And thanks to the thread for putting up with my ramblings for the past couple of hours. I'll still be jumping into Baki Dou later in the week but in pursuing this series I got forwarded over to Kengan Asura and I've been reading that as well. That series feels very 'Baki-esque' if that's a word and I"m interested to see where it goes.