Christianity General /cg/

It's time for the first thread on Christianity for the year 2018!

Have you remembered to read your bible and accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and savior?

Here's a valuable resource if you need to read from the Bible:
biblegateway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrsQ1tc-2wk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Join the One Holy Apostolic Church

bump for the LORD!

He has done great things.

>tfw living in a pagan country

bump for our Christian bros

>catholics
>pagan

begone heretic

Not an argument, commie.

not an argument, presenting commie-made "icons" not approved by the church.

what's fun is this though

Begome Gadolic :DDDDD

I converted 3 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I highly recommend any lurking anons who are unhappy with their lives make the jump to becoming Christian, you won't regret it. Humans were created to worship God, every suffering you endure stems from ignoring your purpose.

>he thinks every protestant church is the same

amen

they are all the same: heresy is all the same. It comes from the devil.

whatever protestant denomination you are, you are a heretic, because you don't recognize apostolic succession, and you don't believe in transubstantiation.

PRABE JEBUS

Woohoo

I'm good as heretic. You on the other hand are praying to some queen of heavens, transforming your god into a waffle and then eat it, praying using anal beads, praying to dead people and other crap. You are blaspheming against living God.
>inb4 le faggot priests in swedish churches xD

Daily reminder to stop bickering between Christians and focus on the more important things we have to deal with

Daily Reminder: Protestants are kike, not Christians.

Why should I work with blasphemers and idolators?

>misconception
>misconception
>misconception
>misconception

You are the blasphemer here. You are breaking with the tradition of the early Christians and the Church Fathers. Even the bible you use was made by us.

Because if you don't your children will be converted to Muslims. Seems like a fairly strong case to me.

Then tell me about this tradition. When exactly Apostles were raping kids?

Reminder that Martin Luther is in hell according to St. Padre Pio

>implying that's church cannon
>implying the church condones that

i'm not catholic anyways, but raping kids is a personal sin not a systematic allowance. It's like me saying that "when did Luther allow fathering children and raping them" just because some pastors did it?

>the year of our lord 2018
>not being a Gnostic

According to my ass, John Paul II is in hell too

>i'm not catholic anyways
Then why do you protect this heresy? Are you liberal? Or maybe communist?

>Polish
>betrays his cultural roots by becoming a Protescum Evangelical mouthbreather

Sad!

catholics > (most) protestants

catholics got lost in Scholasticism which led them astray. They also got lost in their understanding of Peter.

I was born a christian but i lost my faith (happens when it's reduced to a just a tradition) and came back to our Father after a long journey of sin and depression. I suggest anyone who is considering conversion to read as many of the Church Fathers as he can first. The life of a Christian is harder than most people know, but it's totally worth it.

I think it's so silly to go around raging about "raaaar Catholics are heretics" when Protestant Churches marry gay people, ordain gay ministers, teach that "Jesus just said to be a good person, it's about the vibe man" and generally treat the faith like a fashion accessory that should be molded to the times. There's no point to this at all, what are you going to achieve? We know Christianity as a whole is in a dire state, that includes Catholic, Orthdox and Protestant Churches, our nations are under siege by Islam and you decide the best thing to do is turn and start swinging wildly at the only people you have as allies against the tide.

We are warned against persecutors sure. But the bible also worries about infiltrators and threats from within too.

If the foundations are rotten, why should I build on them? Catholicism never did anything good for this country, vatican always betrayed us and condemned for literally everything we did. Shut the fuck up and pay debts.

And do you think I approve fag marriages and female preachers? This is something we can't control, but it's still in better shape than centrally controlled catholicism, with literal communist and chinese lobber pope.

Since my red pilling on the jews, on Moloch/Saturn cults and the history of Christian European history, Ive since found a new appreciation for the religion. I want to start reading the bible, but I want to avoid any kike interference, like Schofield reference influences and zionist shit. Where should I start?

KJV

Fair enough. Wasnt sure how deep kike infiltration might have gone. Thanks, my perogie pal

I've become entirely convinced of credobaptism desu. Considering joining a Baptist church

Fuckin A, thanks man

Praise Christ !
Have a blessed day , anons !
Give God the glory in Christs name !

Amen!

Amen

Thank you user, God bless

Shitposter confirmed.

S nami Bog!

I'm a non-trinitarian and you are ALL heretics. But Jesus is still Lord, you saturnalia-worshipping, mysteries religion-following, nominal believing anons.

Is that you, JW user

DEUS VULT

That is an amazing painting, absolutely beautiful.

Apostolic succession is not Biblical.

The Old Russia that I miss so much

Not gonna lie. The Bible does have some cool stories if you bother to read them.

so that's why all the church fathers disagreed with it

The denominational fighting continues on needlessly. If you have a disagreement, go into your arguments. If you want to have a more centralized thread try focusing it on the denomination or branch.

May you welcome Jesus into your heart this year anons and enjoy his amazing peace and love!

ecumenism is cancer tho

Not KJV. It's very poetic but definitely changes due to interpretation, and the language is old enough to cause confusion: ie, James says God is pitiful (because you know, he has pity).

It really depends on your level of commitment. An online interlinear Bible (with Greek or Hebrew below the English) isn't too far out there. Beyond that, use Bible gateway and compare. Biggest thing beyond that is to get some good historical background info. Good luck. Catholics really are synchonistic and protestantism is just Catholic-lite.

No, but I read with them for a while. I admire their studious nature, too bad half of its studying Watchtower.

Deus vult

Denominations in cooperation or seeking greater cooperation between denominations is ecumenism. I'm talking about having proper discourse so you can discern which denomination is right and which one is wrong.

DEUS VULT

>actually hoping for that on a mongolian basket weaving forum

It does happen. I have arranged it often.

>POURS BLEACH INTO EYES

That's assuming that they're posting in good faith with an actual argument. I'm skeptical of anyone who barrels into Christian Generals and starts shitposting about Catholics being heretics because it reeks of people just trolling and looking to divide Christians. I've never met a genuine Christian who is more interested in shitting on other sects than leading others to their own.

Also happy new year Wolfshiem, good to see you're still around here

They were wrong on it because they teach for doctrine the commandments of men.

>yeah i'm better than all of the church fathers

nice logic there bud

...this is a strong point. Ill rescind my statement.
Happy new year to you too man. God bless you.

The Bible nowhere teaches Apostolic succession whatsoever, so they can't possibly have gotten it from there... that means they are teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. Very simple logic.

How do you find your purpose

Same here, everything just makes sense... not only the Bible but big questions have meaning. The Holy Ghost is powerful.

Acts 8:17 has been interpreted by the church fathers as the beginning of apostolic succession.

>inb4 that's not my interpretation
that's why there are 30k different protestant denominations

True, Also
2 Thess 2:15

"Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours."

There's more, but I'm tired.

>falling for Catholic propaganda
Gnostics are unironically the best thing Christianity has ever produced

Okay, even the most baseline Christian would know that getting the Holy Ghost doesn't mean you become a new apostle. That's absurd. We all have the Holy Ghost (at least I hope that you do). And it's not even saying that the apostles are transferring the power to transfer the Holy Ghost, it only says that they are transferring the Holy Ghost itself.

A successor for Judas is arranged in Acts, as is the priestly ordination form of the laying on of hands mentioned in Paul's letters.

Commandments of Men doesn't mean "outside the Bible" inherently but rather means it's devised from man rather than inspiration by the Holy Spirit. As the Biblical Canon is not provided directly by Jesus nor said explicitly in the books of the Bible but rather established through church proclamation then by your own view the Biblical Canon would be the commandment of men.

Apostolic succession is unanimously attested to until the 16th/17th century. It is oral teaching provided under apostolic authority, which is the same authority that declares the Canon.

Can someone explain me the gnostic meme? How did it find it's way to Sup Forums?

May Christ have mercy on all of you. Happy new years.

Oops, I meant...

""Then they prayed, “You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen to take the place in this apostolic ministry from which Judas turned away to go to his own place.” Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles. ""

Acts 1:24-26

That has nothing to do with Apostolic succession, and the Catholic argument that this isn't simply referring to the fact that most people in those churches got the information contained inside the epistles through oral preaching by a pastor, but that they actually preached secret information that was never written down inside the epistles but only transferred orally -- is absurd.

That's never how God preserved His word, and the idea that he would preserve extra-Biblical information only through oral preaching is nonsensical. The passage is clearly saying that what's found in the epistles, some people will here through "WORDS" -- not through actually physically holding the epistle and reading the words on the pages like we are.

Give glory to God. Love and care for one another. It really is that simple.

>The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrsQ1tc-2wk

/s4s/ I believe. le demiurge memes probably originated from there.

did you read what I said? I said that the church fathers interpret that verse this way. You may interpret it differently, but that's how the church fathers did it. And these people actually have spiritual experience and some of them died for their faith. Others performed miracles. These people aren't lazy shits like you and me, but heroes of the faith. I think their opinion matters more than all of ours combined.

ah thanks

Gnosticism, roughly, is the view that God is entirely transcendent and what created reality is not God but a lesser and imperfect thing called the Demiurge. It's failure in creation is why suffering exists. Gnosticism is a complete rejection and hatred of the material world for the "pure" transcendent world which is pictured as attainable through secret knowledge.

It's circle treats itself as edgy and cool so people get attracted to it. It's a /x/ meme.

I've debunked the false Matthias doctrine before, but to begin with, Matthias isn't an example of supposed Apostolic succession, because he's literally just a replacement for Judas. It shows the importance of having 12 apostles in those days, partly to represent the 12 tribes of Israel, etc. The apostolic office ended with the death of the apostles. The Bible never, ever on any occasions mentions or even hints at the apostles appointing successors through an unbroken line of transferring powers -- and it's even more obvious from the fact that when Paul was writing to Timothy, telling Timothy that his days were short, he never even mentioned apostolic succession... Wouldn't that be a major thing to mention when he's about to die, and he called himself the "last apostle"?

And there's one very important story that almost definitely debunks the idea of Apostolic succession: that's when the apostles come to Jesus and tell him that they rebuked a man for casting out demons in His name, because "he was not one of us", and Jesus quickly retorts by telling them, "Don't hinder him, for he that is not against us is for us."

He's literally telling the apostles not to rebuke someone for casting out demons etc. just like they did.

Which version of the bible is best to read and adhere to, just the king james version?
Also what is the main difference between Catholicism and Orthodoxy? I don't intend to start needless shitposting but I don't really understand what one believes differently other than recognition of the pope or something

Moreover, some of them are the immediate disciples of the apostles and collectively are all the major figures in the early church period.

Okay, but I don't hold "church fathers" to any authority whatsoever. I have access to the exact same information as they had and I have a Bible in my hand that I can read and see whether what someone teaches is right or wrong, based on what the Bible says. As I've demonstrated, there is no Biblical basis for Apostolic succession. And I can point to many heresies that the church later backed away from, that major "church fathers" believed in back in the day.

Paul warned of false preachers and false prophets creeping in and spreading heresies ALREADY IN HIS DAYS, so to say that a church father believed something and therefore it's true makes no sense.

The idea that there should be no suffering is utopian, and childish. YHVH is the father, Christ is the son, and salvation comes from the holy spirit.

Gnostics are gullible to say the least.

What's really sad is how you spend so much time and energy arguing when Scripture is against you; your argument is with God, not any of us.

No, I'm spending a lot of time on this because I care about the word of God and people believing in correct doctrines. And I have to tell you, I learn TONS of things just from having discussions with Catholics and Orthodoxs -- because it makes me go through the Bible even more and look for answers.