What's the consensus on Space Patrol Luluco?

What's the consensus on Space Patrol Luluco?

I thought it was great but they could have done more with it
More Midori v Luluco over Nova stuff would have been good because it was a fun dynamic.

Maybe go into more depth with the big bang and Ogibuki stuff + the blackholians with their love of valueless trash because it was really interesting and funny but to me it wasn't made entirely clear (other than it obviously being a metaphor for how mass-entertainment dumb cartoons can still have value)

But basically I though it was really good

It doesn't need depth. It was just Trigger having fun and doing their thing.

In my opinion, it was perfect.

>consensus
No such thing here.

I thought it was pretty bad, big disappointment.

why

I didn't like that most of it was a big reference to Trigger shows, I didn't think the humour was very good, I thought the art and animation sucked, I'm an Imaishi fan so it felt like a let down.

Best thing Trigger's done since Inferno Cop

I had a lot of fun with it. Many people complain about the crossover arc as "Trigger fellating themselves". But I have no problems with it because
1)Luluco was made to celebrate Trigger's anniversary. Thus, it's not strange for the anniversary show to look back at the studio's past works
2) It foreshadowed Luluco actually being Trigger-chan. When the show went full crossover arc on us including even Inferno Cop, it isn't strange for the protagonist to end up being the studio's mascot

>MC is the studio mascot
>anime is made to celebrate the studio's anniversary
>complain about the crossovers and references
Every time

Would you watch a prequel Cowboy Bebop-esque anime about JUSTICE-san and Luluco's dad?

fair enough
I haven't watched most of the other Trigger shows but it didn't bother me. also I hate Kill la Kill
the humour amused me greatly and I thought that its inordinate and irreverent approach to storytelling was weirdly refreshing
I love the line where she tells nova that he can take her heart over and over again, but if it's without her permission then it's a crime.

It was a fun little show, though I think a bit overrated by Sup Forums. At least back then, when it aired.

I think that's a stupid thing to do in the first place, me finding the crossovers and references bad aside

no

Why is it stupid without your bias for crossovers and references?
If an studio wants to make an anniversary show crossing over their works where the MC's their own mascot, who are you to tell them it's inherently stupid?
Also, Japan loves their crossovers
See, stuff like Project X Zone, Nitro Blasterz, Carnival Phantasm, Super Robot Wars, the Queen's Gate PSP game, Marvel vs Capcom and many other stuff

Dude, I just said I don't like it thus I don't like the show, don't get all defensive.

I don't mean depth as in being deep or whatever, I mean just extrapolating on the ideas and exploring them more

can't wait for TRIGGER GIRLS

>that's a stupid thing to do in the first place, me finding the crossovers and references bad aside
>me finding the crossovers and references bad aside
You were clearly implying you have some other reason besides personal taste to dislike crossovers and references and find them stupid.

It's cute. I loved it.
Luluco has good reaction images.

AOTY 2016.
It made up for Kiznaiver being an awful pile of shit.

I prefaced everything with "I think" precisely cause I know people liked it and that's fine for them.
But basically a company dedicating resources to something masturbatory strikes me as stupid, especially given Trigger's age and number of low effort projects. Nothing there to celebrate.
When I say the references are bad, I mean that in this case they didn't seem creatively or interestingly executed. I don't hate crossovers or references.

I'd actually agree with you if Luluco had been a full length show. But it had 7 minute long episodes and as you say, the art style and animation weren't impressive for most of it, so it's not like they dedicated a lot of resources

Any TV show is a big investment of both money and time.

Very Comfy Series, but honestly its not meant to be anything more than fun

It's enjoyable, but the "romance" is the worst aspect of any Imaishi show.

I wanted to rape Nova-kun