Greetings Sup Forums!

Greetings Sup Forums!

This is my first time on this board, and I have come before you all today with a question that which i do not possess the knowledge to answer. You see, I am a self-proclaimed "urban explorer". I go into abandoned buildings, quiet little stores, and places off the beaten path, simply to see what there is to see. Recently, I was exploring the innards of an abandoned shipping company that went out of business back in the early 2000's. Inside, I found, I shit you not, around 8-10 whole PALLETS (not boxes) full of old anime and hentai VHS tapes and DVDs that had been abandoned. There is easily over $10,000 worth of videos sitting in that building. The pic is of just what i could fit in my back pack, which was a fairly small sample. I watched one, Twisted Tales of Tokyo, the disk works fine, the video itself is garbage (poor animation and even worse voice acting.) My question to you is is there a market for this? I priced all of them, and a few are actually going for decent prices, but are people buying?

Thank you for your time.

I apologize for the sideways image

Too long didn't read.

Probably not. A huge majority of people outside of japan either pirate or stream it from netflix/crunchyroll. Out of the few people that actually collect physical media, a majority of them would only be interested in BDs. You'll be lucky if someone will take the anime on VHS from you for free.

tl;dr I found some old anime/hentai, will people buy it?

Well poo. alright! no loss regardless. thanks, user.

Do you have something called "Serial Experiments Lain" on VHS? I'd buy that off of you if you did.

I take that back. If you're able to find a complete series of a popular 100+ episode series such as Ranma or Sailor Moon, you might be able to make $30-50 per collection on eBay. You won't get anything for the hentai or less popular shows though.

I do not, but i had planned on going back this weekend, so i could look (assuming this thread is still up.)

Where the hell did you find all that?

In most cases a dollar each to collectors with their nostalgia goggles on. Aside from the odd thing that disappeared.

VHS tapes are pretty voluminous, but I can see myself fondling the casettes for Gunsmith Cats or other fond memory from my youth.

shut up retard

abandoned warehouse. where does anyone find anything?

I'm sure that there's always some buyer for something.
The question is more if you think it's worth holding onto those things long enough to some day sell them at whatever price they might be willing to pay.

Well, If the thread's not up and you do find it, send a message to throwawayjohndoemail at gmail. Thanks.

>going back this weekend
>(assuming this thread is still up.)
Good lord

My plan was to put the "rarest" of the bunch on ebay, just to see if i get any bites. If no one wants it, ill probably dump them off at goodwill.

There's a bunch of people that mit be interested, in fact, there's a guy that runs a store in my city (not the us, sorry) that paid a lot for a cassette containing some old anime music, and was watching some VHS when I entered the store one time. So if you search in social media for groups of collector and such, or put them in an auction, you could sell them easily. Good luck.

Upload all that shit onto nyaa or something.

Also post pics when you get the rest of it

Thread won't last that long here, just make another. Could you try to take pics of everything there? I'd might be interested in some of it.

How about this, Ill go back this weekend, get one of each video, then just post a big gallery some time next week?

Make sure that what you do is legal in your area, though.
Just because the warehouse has been abandoned might not necessarily mean that appropriating the discs might be okay.
It's better to be really safe than sorry.

That works fine. Is it just VHS and DVD? Is there anything else like Laser discs or merchandise?

there's 1 CD-ROM. "Ranma 1/2 screen saver". I grabbed that as more of a novelty.

why would an abandon shipping company hold goods. you would think they would return/ship it to the original owner before closing down

And to think, we have an entire buyfag thread for this specific purpose.

Your first time here OP, and you fucked up. Lurk more.

The original owners probably went bankrupt before it could be returned.
OP does mention really old stuff. There's been lots of companies that ceased existing in the meantime.

I only ever see people posting about toys there

It's a buyfag thread. It's for buyfagging.

The buyfaggers do sometimes talk about how to acquire/buy anime discs and show it off.
But not very often.
Little figurines and associated merchandise is more preferable.

oops

He's not exactly buying anything.

dumb newfag poster

Got any pictures of the place?

That's a goldmine right there. Is that a Maze DVD uncensored version? I'm missing that one one my collection.

You lucky bastard, take that shit and sell it there's always collectors who will buy it including people on this board.

What the fuck is wrong with all you faggots? Fuck off OP and never come back you fucking retarded mouthbreather Lurk more

Animated classics, Votoms, Slayers, and La Blue Girl will probably make you money from collectors. I wouldn't expect to sell boxes full, but it could be nice pocket change.

Nice find, user.

>t. butthurt warehouse owner

You type like a faggot.

Stop trying to fit in, idiot.

Can anyone recommend any sites for these? I am absolutely inexperience in this sort of thing. Also, thank you to all those who took the time to give me their 2-cents on the matter.

That'd be a good episode of pawn stars, desu.

Sup Forums has an allergy in recommending things and the word recommend itself. It's a slippery slope.

or try google

>DVD
that's a vhs, babby-user

I realized that right after I posted. Too good to be true.