Zaregoto

New BD today. Why no threads ever? IS this truly neo-Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

zaregoto-series.com/#news
youtube.com/watch?v=XFnrnF_v5MI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck Watanabe.

nyaa out yet?

Everyone stopped watching or giving a shit about this.

Shinbo + Watanabe designs ruin it for me.

I'll watch it when it's finished
Don't have the memory for a monthly show

Impossible to maintain any interest/hype for a series that gives you 25mins of content each month.

still no nyaa out, so

This, especially being a mystery story.

Loosing interest is common nowadays, pleb.

>implying Zaregoto was EVER well known on Sup Forums
>or anywhere on the English-speaking net
It's always been niche as fuck outside Japan. And the anime is doing an awful job at bringing in new fans because of how mediocre it is. Releases an ep once every blue moon, has awful pacing, most of the interesting parts of conversations are cut, has none of the sense of atmosphere that made the novel engaging, the director is a no-name Shinbo knock-off who fails to emulate Shinbo's sense of style and aesthetic at all, only adapts the first and worst book in the series. Also the OP and ED are unfitting both for whta the novel was and even what the show is.

Yeah. The release schedule defeats the purpose of the show.

zaregoto doesn't closely have the fanservice require to keep my attention too long, the plot is kinda good, but i don't have too much time to spend on threads about it, there are better threads around

Anon155166707 out.

well you failed of 11, user.
Still miserable though

I'm actually enjoying the release schedule, I feel like it allows the episodes to be more densly packed with WORDS without the story as a whole feeling too slow. I enjoyed the wait for most of the Katanagatari episodes for the same reason.

Granted I already read the book ages ago, so there's no mistery component for me.

The first volume was boring. Even the second volume was quite dull until Aikawa Jun showed up and was all like
>Yes, yes, very good Ii-kun. HOWEVER

It feels like an audiobook version with some illustrations here and there, but without Ii's narration which makes it worse.
>its a kalafina singing the same exact song again episode

It's the slow pace and heavy sense of atmosphere that makes Zaregoto so great. If you just find that boring, I don't think it's the series for you.

well, its boring shit anyways
ep4 spent half of it talking about that stupid "locked room" situation with the paint, that by ep3 I just assumed no one talked about it because it was obvious

The second volume is the best in the series. Like most things nisio writes it goes to shit in later volumes.

>tfw Commie never
Maybe I should learn Japanese

Holy shit I totally missed the fact that it's getting an adaptation
>tfw lived long enough to see zaregoto animated
Is it going to be successful enough for us to see based greengreengreen or cute zigzag on screen?

Rest of the series delayed:

Volume 6 26/04 → 31/05
Volume 7 24/05 → 28/06
Volume 8 28/06 → 26/07
zaregoto-series.com/#news

How are they having production issues with creating 1 TV-quality normal-length ep per month?

Theyre doing gatsu s2
New monogatari series
Its normal to have issues when your workforce is spread thin.

Don't forget the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=XFnrnF_v5MI

sales until now are pretty good, but with ova you never know

>2nd volume
I still don't get the ending.

Which part of the ending?

The x/y thing.

I really hate that this also has Watanabe designs. I don't even hate Watanabe, but they're really over-using him.

There was some weird penmanship involved, but it made some amount of sense. You can even google it as an image.

No one actually does. There are several theories amoung Jap fans. Best guess is that it links into how Mikoko kept mentioning her birthday throughout the book, and if you write X/Y in really fancy cursive and titlt it, it can look like a date. So for some reason she left her birthday date at the scene of the crime.

>school room shot
>swimming pool shot
>countryside buildings shot
>school girl wearing school uniform shot
>slow romantic music with guy talking
Somehow I have a feeling this is a high school romance that I have zero interest to watch.

The only reason I see Watanabe being used for that Toho is because the person who commissioned Shaft for the movie is a fan of Monogatari. He probably wanted the same character designer from his favorite series to do it.

I read Zaregoto recently after reading Monogatari, and does Ii seem very similar to Sodachi to anyone else? Their heavily atmospheric and introspective narrations where they mostly just hate themselves and pay little attention to the outside world. Their backstories of being people who used to believe themselves to be great geniuses but got knocked down into self-loathing after series of tragic events. Their basic character premises of people who are actually very normal humans in ability, but think completely abnormally and have zero boundaries, which makes them threatening. They seem very similar to me.

Nisio keeps recycling the same material he's got, wouldnt surprise me if he put ii in monogatari.

>three IPs
>overused
Hell, someone else technically took over for Kizu too

I didn't associate Sodachi directly with lii-kun but I sometimes think she felt more like a zaregoto character, but being a "nice misunderstood girl bound by a sad past but working to move on" makes her more of a monogatari character for me.

And the most notable aspect of Lii-kun from what I read was how he is a dishonest detective that changes the setting and twists the truth throughout his investigation while Sodachi is an honest detective that stages a play/riddle in which the actual truth can naturally reveal itself, but frequently backfires.

Even both are self-loathing, don't care about collateral damage or underhanded methods, unreliable narrators in terms of remembering events around or when talking about themselves, their intentions and modus operandi are very different.

>spoiler
I'm assuming why Ii is like that is explained in the later books, right?

>Lii
It's spooky E, his initial.
Also he's more Kaiki to me.

_No
He's ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NISIOOOOOOO