What does Sup Forums think of anime as a medium?

Does it have any effect on any culture whatsoever? Is it just a children's hobby or does it actually influence things in the world? Is Japan in the right for making such things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42hBg4jys
typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rider_of_Black
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a Male btw, just a warning

Post Hideri-chan please.

I like it, normies think it's gay and creepy. I am 34, married, working a pretty manly job. I still watch it, I don't care what people think. Some people fuck dogs, who cares.

Just when you thought FATE couldn't get any worse they came up with this faggot.

It's just pixels bro, at least Japanese pixels are brighter and doesn't have as many brown ones

He doesn't really do anything gay, he just has pink hair.

yeah....so wanna fuck it?

Except when he walked out of the shower

Nothing wrong with it as a medium but it is prone to corruption just like any mass media platform (((they))) are slowly clawing their way into the industry.

I like watching more serious, sci-fi anime. You can pull off really cool scenes that just aren't possible with live action. Plus anime girls are cute.

LITERAL CARTOONS THERE IS NOTHING REDPILLEDABOUT WATCHING THIS SHIT IN YOUR 20S YOU MANCHILDREN

You take that back Mister

>women are actually feminine
>no forced diversity
>only Japanese people, no niggers or muslims
>cool fantasy/sci-fi storylines
>sometimes quite thoughtful and introspective

It's a respectable medium.

What is her name? Just seeing her gives me a huge boner

Shut up gay nigger.

Non-Jewed, therefore automatically superior to most Western media (propaganda). It has a major homosexuality problem though. Japan thinks homosexuality is quirky or funny because they haven't had it pushed on them.

>her
it's a him and his name is astolfo

The Japanese have remained pure and untainted by (((them))). Never forget.

Sup Forums likes anime.
r/the_donald invaders (cyber rapefugees) hate it.

n-no bully

Honoraryans.

Holy shit

Fucking honorary

Two rooms with Anime enthusiasts
>You look inside the first and see normal people watching Fist of the North Star and One Punch Man, where people get blown up with punches
>You look inside the other and see overweight losers jerking off to Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya and Boku No Pico

All you gay pedos stay on your side of the anime/autism spectrum

cartoons are for children only soyboys watch cartoons.

Absolute dogshit, same generic artstyle, same lazy as fuck animation, same handful of tropes over and over again, same creepy atmosphere of sexualizing underage characters for an audience of manchildren.

As a medium it's fine but the industry is risk averse and has fallen into only pandering to japan's genetic trash.

I think it might actually be a eugenics program to stop low quality people from breeding, working in conjunction with other factors to ensure they die in/from their own misery instead of becoming a tax burden as an elderly citizen.

>lazy as fuck animation
There's such a variation though, plenty of good ones, more of the generic ones. Still, the "west" doesn't produce anything like it with the exception of the Avatar series.

Anyone?

I hadn’t watched anime since maybe 7th grade, but I got really sick a few months ago

I went on Netflix and watched the new Berzerker prequels. I unironically fucking loved it. Great writing, good character development, nice art.

I wouldn’t go around shilling anime or something, but I think it’s pretty good. I also watched the whole deathnote series when I was sick and really thought that was cool

Then you have stuff like cowboy bebop which is really stylistically amazing.

I’d take anime over western cartoons for sure, but anime can get really gay really fast

I think that whatever Asanagi draws makes my dick diamonds.

>What does Sup Forums think of anime as a medium?
Anime hasn't been worth a shit since the early 90's.

Anime is ultimate retarded gayshit. Every degenerate faggot who watches anime has to be gassed.

>Great writing, good character development, nice art.

All I got from it was some cuck watching on as his girl is demonicly BDSM raped into a traumatized childlike state.

I guess that's the nice art?

I don't see it as any worse than "adult" cartoons in the west like South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad etc. If anything it's less detestable than those because the ones I've seen don't really push the liberal agenda. Admittedly, the only anime I've seen is Jojo, Berserk, Hokuto no Ken, and My Hero Academia.

Anime is the only redpilled media form left on the planet telling stories of actual heroism while the west is stuck in disgusting virtue signaling.

Yeah that was some intense shit

He has this girl who he’s in love with, but his ally used to love her, but now he’s fallen into a shriveled prune and he’s just seething with jealousy at the lowest point a human can be while she fucks the new alpha leader

So he goes insane with jealousy and takes revenge by raping her in front of the guy and then wiping her mind clean as revenge. Literally the worst thing you can do to two people in love

It’s good shit. Probably a lot of stuff about human nature in there, kinda reminded me of some Shakespeare type stuff

If you enjoyed those, you'd like One Punch Man

Watch Wolf's Rain. It is a take on the European mythos of the cyclical nature of the world of death and rebirth. A moving story that is heavily influenced by 19th century European romanticism to its core and which would NEVER be made in the modern west. It's made by the same studio which made my hero academia.

Chino-chan is so cute... I wish I had a gf or daughter like her.

>You look inside the first and see normal people watching Fist of the North Star and One Punch Man, where people get blown up with punches
You look inside he first and see 14 year olds who circlejerk the most entry-level basic anime in existence**
>You look inside the THIRD room and see patricians indulging in Gunbuster, Getter Robo and Gaogaigar, separated from annoying normalfags and smelly losers

anime turns men into femboys, exhibit a: this entire website

The fact that japs can make cartoons with a littl depth and we have cartoon makers in American just shitting out the most tasteless ugly boring nihilistic garbage imaginable makes me slightly depressed

I want good art

First they think its funny, then they get hard, then they turn to faggots.

pol is a christian board you degenerate fuck.
do you think jesus would've been in his fat larping ass watching anime and fapping to drawings of children, or would've been out there redpilling people and working his ass off for himself and for society?
pick one and only one

>Jesus
Imagine being such a cuck that you worship a dead kike.

I've been preforming self study Japanese simply because I'm placing my gamble that citizenship will loosen up in the next 30 years, and it will give me an opportunity to escape from the trash pile that the Western world is becoming. I suspect that incoming strife with the norks will create this opening, and that Japanese speaking westerners stand to profit so long as they have good credentials.

To that extent, I treat anime as the most really available medium for context while learning. I watch it not because it's particularly good or helpful, but at the very least it helps with vocab. Most anime is complete trash, and I stick almost entirely to recommendations from personal acquaintances. I'm considering doing halfassed translations for 4koma on Sup Forums for the experience, but I've still got a ways to go.

It's a cartoon, user.

Let it snow letty!

Christ was a sandnigger and there's none of those in Anime

It is escapism for an entire generation of Japanese men and women who find their life situation to be oppressive and hopeless. They watch anime because there is still a sense of goodness and a wholesomeness to it in productions which aren't specifically tailored to be otherwise. It brings viewers back to better days in their lives, usually during their school life. This is why it has grown in popularity abroad. It's a pixelated form of hope, something which has been by and large stripped from most people's lives, which is why so many find it intoxicating and addictive. People crave goodness and purity (children, wives, family, a fulfilling life) and instead their faces are smashed in wage slavery, loneliness, evil, decay, and the hedonistic rule of Global Semitism.

Anime is spiritual crackrock for the lonely. That's not a praise of anime, by the way. That's an indication of how low modern existence really is. You should be hugging your children and laughing with your wife right now instead of discussing animated artwork.

>What is JoJo's bizarre adventure
Do you even watch anime?

It's technically not, here take my hand, Anon2.

Is Avdol a Muslim?

this is what I'm talking about. it's just modern nihilist, decadent culture. the "nothing means anything anyway so why should I care if somebody rapes my wife" culture.
I'm not a nazi but friendly reminder Hitler was a christian.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42hBg4jys

>It's technically not
It technically is.

Cartoons are a vast medium which anime is a part of. Subset theory user.

A lot of people here seem to underestimate anime, seeing it as mindless escapism despite it's numerous positive effects. It's not a coincidence that the great rebellion against todays postmodernist thought structures startet on an anime image board. It's probably the reason many people on here managed to break their brainwashing they've undergone since childhood in the west.

Your brain soaks up everything it sees and is especially sensitive to societary values that are displayed by others. Nobody wants to miss a rule or taboo and be expelled from a community. During ancient times this could have meant your certain death. In a country that promotes high individualism and low social cohesion the only place to look for values are modern medias, the internet and television.

Now Anime comes into the game. Japan is a country that's mostyl free from leftist and marxist propaganda and it reflects in the content their people produce. By watching anime instead of western productions it shields you from the underlying values of most modern movies and tv series: depression, nihilism, lone wolf mentality and leftist societary values like hedonism, promiscuity in women and lack of personal responsibility.

Did you ever see an anime protagonist not taking action, having nothing to fight for or not caring about their friends? Did you ever see anime women that weren't loving, caring and supportive? Yeah, me neither.

These ideals are something most people yearn for and that's why anime has been rising in popularity for the last decade. Modern Television delivers less and less of this, so people are switching to an alternative that satisfies them. Of course you shouldn't spend all of your time watching them as it's no use to have the right mindset, when you don't exercise it. Putting your energy into a job and a family is the most important thing, but healthy doses of your favorite animes help you keeping your conviction and motivation.

TL;DR Anime shields you from marxist brainwashing and promotes strong conservative values.

Yes and the series started in England, too. Lol, he hasn't seen the show. How much of a loser can be if he has to lie about watching an anime series to fit in

Yeah look at all those "Christian" symbols
Use the search bar

I always understood it to be a culture thing. Japs like craftsmanship. They enjoy laboring meticulously over tiny details. Like building a ship in a bottle.

Drawing all this shit out it takes a level of artisanship and mastery. Making a live action film wouldn't take as much effort and to them, be less rewarding.

That and getting a squid to tentacle fuck a school girl is alot harder to do in real life.
Especially after they unionize.

wasted get

Exterminate all moe shit.

>Use the search bar
What does that even mean?

>they're not christian because they used runes for some of their shit
user, I don't...

>77777

Apparently Kek agrees with you.

That you should come up with your own opinions and not do things based on what a Brazillian basket weaving forum thinks.

>Some
The Swastika isn't Christian user.

I find anime either boring and bizzare or creepy and disturbing. The fanbase is terrible too. To be honest the only reason why I have ever even seen any is because my ex-gf watched it and made me do it.

That's not a male. It's actually a girl cosplaying that male you had in thought.

naw man, I like conservative animes but they're the vast, vast minority.
most animes are based on modern, "western" ideals.
oversexualized underage whores, disgustingly beta males, blood and gore everywhere, all kinds of fantastic new age bullshit

Bitch, I don't ride Sup Forums's cock watching their top 100 Anime list. My favorite series are FotNS, DBZ, and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, and I don't need to watch region locked anime in traditional Chinese because I'm not a contrarian cynical asshole looking for parental authority that they never had in real life

t. ai gf

oh, I guess the nazis are hindu then. my bad

It is a male, with a dick. Fag.

Indeed

> My favorite series are FotNS, DBZ, and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
You ride the cock of youtube's 10 10 anime lists

Sven gets it. Chino-chan is the perfect woman, I'd gladly die to be with her.

>I always understood it to be a culture thing. Japs like craftsmanship.
Maybe in the beginning, when it was still Disney-esque in quality. All the old pioneers now loathe the medium because they know what it now represents. It's just a business now. It's a business run at a frantic pace with people burning out in ten years or less, animators committing suicide or taking to drugs, and scripts that have become derivative because products will sell regardless. People want that quit hit of hope and happiness that is completely absent from their lives, and the quality of the high doesn't matter, just as long as they can stay 'up'. They'll get to see their waifus in action again, and for thirty minutes at a time they'll forget the stagnant drudgery of their real lives.

I saw some top 10s and they never include popular shit because they want to be original

I hate traps in anime cause you never see anything, they sound like a girl, dress lime a girl, act likes girl. The only thing gay about it is the fanbase that draw him with dicks

In what way is Fist of the North Star worse than any other anime?

if you watch a lot of anime you probably don't have a gf and that's sad

>unironically wanting to see drawings of naked men who like to dress as a girl

what animu is that pic from, user-sama?

Hajimete no Gal

I think it has an overstated influence for you, given that 90 percent of the population either doesn't like it, hasn't heard of it,or is indifferent.

I like it in that it allows to make scenes that wouldn't translate well to live action, and that it generally handles maturer themes than "cartoons".

That being said, I absolutely hate anime tropes (tsundere women, good drama and pacing wrecked by nosebleeding men staring at tits, japanese high school culture, endlessly repeating exposition, giving the villain time to gather his power while the protagonists look on in terror).

It's a vector for homosexuality, and many other mental disorders.

It's also a powerful tool, and worth fixing.

It's a vector for yellow fever

Isn't that the point of liking traps

this fucking thread is gay but i like it

>self-studying to live in grorious nippon
>thinks more lax citizenship requirements will benefit him and not the people he's escaping
>thinks anime is worthwhile study aid for vocab
>has close circle of anime pro friends
>would do translations of the easiest and most available jap written works but he's "got a ways to go"
Dunning-Kruger weeaboo spotted.

>christian
>country literally "urgay"

Its not gay enough

It's not a male. Look up fate/apocrypha

It's a male, of course I've watched it.

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rider_of_Black

>thinks more lax citizenship requirements will benefit him and not the people he's escaping
I don't see how it would. Nips aren't entirely fond of Bix noods and spics.
>thinks anime is worthwhile study aid for vocab
To the extent that it is readily translated and provides visual/lingual context relative to the core 6k. Other than that, I'm aware it's garbage filled grammatically poor nonsense.
>has close circle of anime pro friends
When did I imply that?
>would do translations of the easiest and most available jap written works but he's "got a ways to go"
My grammar is poor and I've gotta start somewhere. I've got nothing to defend there.

fugg u didn't fall for the bait :DDD