2000: Global warming is happening!

>2000: Global warming is happening!
>2017: Ha, Drumpf doesn't know global warming means it also gets colder.

Why didn't they immediately call it "climate change"? Was it always "climate change" but society preferred "global warming"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_London
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Air_Act_1956
startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=poles melt&cat=web&pl=opensearch&language=english
theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scientists-discover-91-volcanos-antarctica
science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/07aug_southpole/
nature.com/articles/nature10915
sci-hub.la/10.1038/nclimate2568
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the Earth is getting warmer, globally.

Overpopulation is happening

The Earth gets warmer.
The poles melt.
Huge slabs of ice drift into the ocean.
Oceans rice.
The ice slabs cool the water.
The cold water gets carried throughout the west via the gulf stream.
The now cold gulf stream does not heat up Europe and the east coast of North America as much.
As a result, Europe and the east coast of N.A. get colder.
Everywhere else gets hotter.

See that wasn't so hard was it?

>le globe maymay

Just two more days until it snows in Florida, permanently blowing out global warming fags forever.

use blacks as bioweapon
warm planet with roads and parkinglots
promote ineffective methods of cooling earth while suppressing simple effective methods like painting stuff white
sea levels rise
blacks drown
paint stuff white
free land available for global israel

This pretty much

The cold water from the north pole melting could push down the gulf stream and rerout it

I'm not criticising the theory, I'm saying they created a PR problem.

Global warming and climate change are both correct. The GLOBAL climate will increase overall whilst some areas will definitely get colder. Sorry you brainlets cant understand a simple concept

woah roland emmerich on our little sorbian basket weaving board!

Global warming and climate change aren't synonyms and they aren't interchangeable. The distinction is actually pretty easy and straight-forward.

Global warming is the increase in global mean surface temperature over the last couple decades that can be observed from every direct measurement instrument as well as from a number of indirect indicators.

Climate change is the change in climate parameters (precipitation, cloud properties, carbon cycle, ocean overturning etc.) that accompanies an increase in temperature.

>the color black attract the sun
>niggers are black
>therefore we need to get rid of all niggers

Then it is a non issue. They peddle global warming as if the world is going to explode into a hot ball of gas. This is how (((Stephen Hawking))) puts it. The fact is global warming doesn't exist. We are moving through space. Our whole solar system.You are a true brainlet if you think the ambient temperature will stay exactly the same constantly.

because they underestimated how dumb as fucking dogshit climate change deniers are who think dramatic weather isnt an indicator of the planets weather changing dramatically

>2000
Try at least 1970, but even further back shit like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_London made people think up Things like: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Air_Act_1956
But hey 2004 was that retardo movie 'the day after tomorrow' where it got so cold the fuel lines in active helicopters froze over and made them crash.
>Why didn't they immediately call it "climate change"? Was it always "climate change" but society preferred "global warming"?
Stop projecting your own ignorance onto 'they' ya bongoloid.

Global warming cannot be proved or proven right now. What can be proved is global "fouling". Stop worrying about some mild summers or cold winters, and start to pay more attention to whether your local river is full of gay frog turds, your forests are full of non-biodegradable litter and your insect population is dying off. Distraction is the name of "their" game. Stop driving your fucking car you fat, weak lazy poisoning fuck.

renaming it climate change is damage control because the global warming hysterics were proven to be wrong by reality

global warming would be beneficial for us so it is very unfortunate that our impact on the climate is much smaller than the hysterics think

>This guy thinks the planet is stationary in space
Global warming kikes are total brainlets "Muh temperature should remain exactly the same year after year for centuries". Just about as ignorant as it gets.

>climate continuously changes since the moment of earth’s formation [i.e. before man]

Really makes you think

"Global Warming" was rebranded as "Climate Change" when the globe stubbornly failed to warm as predicted by the settled-science "models". "Climate Change" is a more robust brand name because it can be invoked whenever the weather changes.

U don't know science. Wow. Doesn't surprise me. Your more upsessed with chipping ur teeth away.

>Your more upsessed with chipping ur teeth away.
The fuck does this mean?

>The poles melt.

Evidence please.

This is the real problem it was predicted with massive globalization and multinational megacorps back in the 1970-90s

Sadly we will never make a sustainable offworld colony before this shitheap implodes.

Hopefully moonbase and Mars will be habitable by then

nobel peace prize winner al gore said the poles have already melted 5 years ago

DO YOU HATE SCIENCE?

startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=poles melt&cat=web&pl=opensearch&language=english
lui

Al Gore was wrong, that's an inconvenient truth.

See pic. The ice caps haven't melted.

>doesn't include one of the most important factor to why the ice is melting

theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scientists-discover-91-volcanos-antarctica

Let's just take a random example as an illustration: the CO2 lags temperature by X years" point.

Clearly, there is no case here. It's obvious from the paleo-record that this pattern of Antarctic temperatures preceding the CO2 increase is due to an interhemispheric seesaw response to AMOC slow-/shut-down. When boreal mid-latitude summer insolation causes ice sheets to retreat and freshwater to be injected into the North Atlantic, the local overturning slows down, leading to a cooling of the Northern extra-tropics and a warming of the Southern Ocean. A warming Southern Ocean then feeds back on sea-ice extent and the austral westerly jet, which in turn promotes vertical ocean mixing and the CO2 outgassing that's thought to be largely responsible for the CO2 increases during glacial termination in the very first place.

So yeah, any moron who can pronounce the words "CO2 lags temperature" can think of himself as out-smarting over 100 years of climatology, but try to condense the mechanism I summarized above into a three-word-talking point.

Even if it were manmade China contributes the majority chunk of global pollution, so why is it they aren't being hampered constantly by these pseudo-environmentalists?
Only majority white countries are targeted.

science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/07aug_southpole/

The polar icecaps on mars have been melting for years. Man-made climate change is worse than we thought.

yeah and what's your point?

its not my chart so I dont know for certain but I assume it was included because global warming hysterics use these charts to "prove" how CO2 caused global warming in the very distant past even though CO2 lags temperature, not the other way around

the point is to disprove exactly what you then go on to say: A lag between CO2 and temperature in Antarctic ice cores does NOT show that CO2 didn't cause deglacial warming because it's a unique regional response that is in fact crucial for the glacial termination because of the mechanism I outlined above.

It's just pure confusion to point to Antarctic ice cores as evidence against the importance of greenhouse gases.

>strawman
>ITS JUST PURE CONFUSION
>more strawman
see this is the problem with global warming hysterics. no science and facts and evidence, just bullshitting

>You: CO2 lagged temperature so it didn't cause global warming
>Me: Not true because of this dynamical interhemispheric mechanism. Also here's a journal reference which literature says the exact opposite in the title
>You: STRAWMAN!!!

responding directly to your point and explaining why it doesn't follow from the observations isn't a strawman

so you are saying that CO2 is the reason for the interglacial warmings even though CO2 lags temperature?

truly stupid

>Mfw waterworld in our lifetime

yes, for the precise reasons I explained above: CO2 only lags temperature in the austral high latitudes because of AMOC-SMOC seesawing. That's why CO2 leads temperature everyhwere else (as well as in the global mean).

Get real.

okay then go ahead and show me evidence that CO2 caused the interglacial warmings

I already did, why do you have to be told everything at least twice?

nature.com/articles/nature10915

In fact, this has been demonstrated by statistics

sci-hub.la/10.1038/nclimate2568

>oceans rice

Are you actually fucking retarded?

>nature.com/articles/nature10915
right at the beginning of that publication it contradicts your claim

I already said this myself here dumbo. New information is so threatening to your worldview that you can't even read the words. I don't see a point in talking to you any further.

It is? What's the temperature?

When global cooling happens do some areas get hotter? ignorant nigger.

It's pretty fucking cold in Texas

>heh heh heh, fuck all your data and research, I found an inconsistency in language

>guess this disproves the absolute fact that the rate of global heat records in 2017 was 3x the rate of cold records, as it's consistently been in line with our emissions

damn 99% of scientists globally btfo by some kid on Sup Forums how will they ever recover

>All these people saying OP is a retard for denying climate change when he made a semantic argument regarding the commonly used vernacular surrounding the public face of the issue and has made no statment dismissing the actual phenomena

The lack of basic reading comprehension people have on this board never ceases to astound me.

>"Why do people still call this thing X when Y seems to be a far better descriptor?"
>"Lol you're a retard for not thinking X is real!"

You would probably have a better time making this thread on /sci/ desu.

I looked at the rest of the study

they reconstruct global temperature and pic related is their source data that they use to reconstruct it

these are 80 proxy records. with some of them warming begins more than 25 thousand years ago, some less than 15 thousand years ago, for some warming has peaked 10 thousand years ago and for some the warming still continues to this point

Even if there is a warming trend that isn't unnatural. There have been cold and warm trends in history. We just came out of the mini ice age in our brief existence on this planet. Climate alarmists will always freak out about the new made up apocalypse unfortunately.

here the proxies are differentiated

black dots are temperature records from the proxies, blue are the CO2 records they use

note the one that I marked with a red arrow. see that one? of all the proxies it has the best fit to the CO2 record. and the reason for that is that the CO2 records are from the antarctic and said proxy is antarctic glacial core temperature

so basically what you do is reconstruct temperature via pollen and other shit, completely ignore any questions of accuracy, and then use ice core co2 records even though ice records and pollen records clearly do not fit each other and then use the pollen as evidence that CO2 preceded temperature

>The now cold gulf stream does not heat up Europe and the east coast of North America as much.
>As a result, Europe and the east coast of N.A. get colder.
>Everywhere else gets hotter.

Wait seriously? I didnt know that, does it mean cooler Summers for us East coast fags eventually as well?

also, they picked this range very very carefully

just when they cut off the record CO2 keeps rising while temperature actually declines

jesus h christ. Any idiot knows, as it gets hotter in the summer, the earth is going to try to correct it by getting colder in the winter

holy ham on a fucking planet.

Is it not obvious to the most common of intellects?

Then what is going to happen is either 1. It's going to get too hot to correct, because the earth cannot cool itself trying to correct the heat pattern
2. it's going to get colder, because the earth cannot warm itself to combat the extreme cold cooling the earth from the summer months

fuck. Really people.

climate change is real, Look at the fucking intensity of storms. In the last 50 years. Shit, 70 years ago, a cat 4 hurricane was unheard of.

Now it's a regular occurrence.

So, during the ice ages, we had areas of the earth which were unprecedentedly hot? Are you serious? Sounds to me like you are of the most common intellect. And global IQ which you match is roughly 80.