Mfw starting today i get 14 dollars an hour

Ontario raising its minimum age. Now get 14 dollars an hour. This is progress it's sad to see some places still have the minimum wage 7 dollars an hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/economy/seattle-minimum-wage.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No progress to see my Tim hortons coffee price raised up for unschooled retard like you

That comment implies you are schooled and make a good living. In that case you shouldn't mind paying a bit more for your degenerate drink so the underprivileged people can have more income. You are very unpatriotic and selfish.

I worked hard to those privileges, you don't so get over it

So why you complain faggot? Pay your coffee and shut the fuck up

I did work hard my entire life. You however didn't work hard at all and still got privilege. Get over it and pay extra for that degenerate unhealthy drink.

Enjoy while it lasts raising min wage is the quickest way to kill small business.

>works hard
>makes min wage
Sounds like you never passed high school

I work for McDonalds. I think they'll be fine.

I did just barely

Not making coffee at home....

> that medium pizza will be $38.70, sir

My wage increase was about 20% so at the very MOST it will be a 20% price increase. However it won't be because a lot of the cost is in supplies and trasnports which will cost the same.

god for you, however, it's the mentality, your kind is and always will be a losers, no amount of crying to the daddy government will help you with that.

you could make 200k/yr and still wouldn't be able to save shit and be broke when you hit 65.

Nothing you can do, you were just born this way, might as well kys

If I understand you right, your pink slip hasn't arrived yet.

Good, now I don't have to tip anymore since your all so flushed with cash now

This,. plenty of places here have already announced their restructure to meet new costs.
Reduced business hours and low level positions erased.

If you think that the bulk of the cost of producing that cup of coffee comes from the wages of the kid at the cashier, then you're the one who's unschooled in business and economics.

starts the whine o meter....now.

I will wait and in 2 years wait for you to realise how bad raising a minimum wage is.

LOL.......want more money, get a better job. Get more skills, don't expect the government to prop up your wage and think the government fixes anything.

you are obviously young and havent figured out yet, whatever a government touches, breaks.
Because they don't give a shit about you, and if their ideas break the system. They don't care, because it does not effect them.

Even if everything in price goes up. They en corporate themselves, so they get their entire paycheck back, with tax write offs. you don't. Enjoy paying more for food rent and luxuries while working less hours. Which will effectively make you no better off than yesterday

retard

also I live in croatia and make more money than you do as a software engineer (around 45k cad).

top kek

>Now get 14 dollars an hour.
But it's canadian money

R A R E

no idiot. There are people down the line, that will get paid more.
Gas will increase. Labor costs increase. It wont' be just 20%. see, your so stupid, you are only thinking of yourself
what about ALL your co workers.

fuck, people like you are just dumb. Don't see beyond your nose, until it's too late.

So people like me who are very financially responsible and good with money will be broke by 65 while crybabies like you who can't handle money and are financially irresponsible won't be?

HAHAHA

keep whining, higher min wage is the future you whiner

> get a better job. Get more skills
You can't do that

>Because they don't give a shit about you, and if their ideas break the system. They don't care, because it does not effect them.
Crybaby libertarian alert

>Even if everything in price goes up. They en corporate themselves, so they get their entire paycheck back, with tax write offs. you don't. Enjoy paying more for food rent and luxuries while working less hours. Which will effectively make you no better off than yesterday
Keep whining

The minimum wage increase
Cost of Utilities, Rent, and Insurance in your area slowly increase.
People who worked to save up money to get ahead are now back down
You can buy a bit more weed and alcohol for a year.

wow good work.

Anyone who thinks raising minimum wage helps the working class and the lower working class simply has never held a job for a extended period of time.

>you can buy a bit more weed and alcohol
So things i don't buy? LOL. Only the 1% of the 1% think min wage increases won't help.

im not whining, i am giving you pearls here. But your too ignorant to see it. *shrugs.

Yeah it's gonna be funny when we lay off 3/4 of our part time staff because they're not worth 15 bucks an hour. Especially because they were all in favor of the increase.lol

>work in accounting for one of largest textile companies in canada located in toronto
>employ hundreds in distribution and manufacturing
>paid employees based on production with many making upwards $15-18 per hour for best workers
>forced to up bad/lazy chinks and shitskins minimum wage by law
>end up firing the shit workers regularly and hiring new shitskin or chink to hopefully find one that will work
>min wage increase means hard workers make same as shit workers
>no incentive to ever work hard again
>expensive to just test new workers and find out they are shit
>good workers half assing and taking breaks because just making min wage regardless of how hard they work now

Brilliant work. We are going to close all manufacturing aspects of the business now and move them to china where slave labour will make our clothing for us and then finish a couple stitches at the very end to call it manufactured in canada and collect our tax breaks now. Canada loses several hundred jobs, we make more money in long run and China benefits again. Oh, and we will raise prices on sweaters and other goods to go along with the increased cost of living that minimum wage increase will cause. You can thank PM cuckdew.

Surly this will help with your inflation.
>mfw the Canadian dollar was on par with US.

If you are on minimum wage then you won't be able to do anything past paying rent and utilities you cuck. But that is assuming you are living on your own. Which I have doubts based on how you type, your flag, and the fact that you are getting your first job at mcdonalds.

You will spend your money like a nigger on vice and pointless hobbys like video games/food. You will not save shit, and you will enjoy a comfy bet at your parents house while people who where working up there paycheck and saving are now set back.

Guys, you cant' help this idiot.

He's obviously young, he thinks he knows it all.

raising that minimum wage is going to fuck everything up.

tool and dye started off at 15 an hour. Think someone who has a college degree is going to accept that now, you fucking idiot.

Hell nah, they are going to be asking for 20.

EVERYTHING is going to go up in price. And within 3 years. Everything will be as expensive with 14 dollars an hour> As everything is now, at 10 dollars an hour.

Fuck....god damn, son. You are one dense mother fucker.

>So people like me who are very financially responsible
>works in a coffee shop

Nigger, not only do I make more money than you (in Croatia of all places lol), I probably save more per month than you do.

>Getting paid $11
Glad to see Canada is catching up with the US. Hopefully you'll become developed within the next 100 years.

I have $2 a gallon gas and renting a home will set you back ~$600 a month.

How about you?

14CAD = 11.15 USD

Not to mention this, It was funny to see my company cut like 10 people just after the min wage jumped here in AZ. I demanded my yearly review and got my raise immediately, since i had a bargaining chip of being the sole provider for the IT help desk.

tomorrow you'll be unemployed earning $0/hr

nope, now the price of housing and rental properties will go up.

And so will gas. Because as soon as their is more money in circulation. The more everyone will charge for it.

And due to increased overhead because everyone that was taking care of property, pumping gas ect. was only getting 11 an hour. Now they are getting 14 an hour. That cost has to pass onto the consumer.

Idiot boy hasn't thought this all out.

he lives for the now. Hence why he's working at mcdonalds.

Don't drive, live 10 minute walk from the place I work.
My apartment with utilities is $500/mo, food is another $500 (but I eat out a lot) I make about $2k after taxes + i get some bonuses at the end of the year.

What's that in American? Like a Happy Meal per half hour?

>he thinks killing small businesses is okay
kys

we don't need a service sector ffs my dogs are always hungry

>Don't drive, live 10 minute walk from the place I work.
>My apartment with utilities is $500/mo
I said a house, not a broom closet. How are you going to raise a family without transportation and room to grow a family?

This is why the American South will always be the most grounded place in America because the average plant worker can still afford to raise kids and buy a home. Jews hate it.

>blame the workers for shitty ancap bureaucracy

its generally bad for us to be on par with US because its then not economically viable for our largest trading partner (US) to trade with us. it actually hurts our economy to be on par with you and policy pushes our dollar down typically. We generally want around 80 cents.

I can't stand you fucking retards. Wages is a method of UNEQUALLY distributing value based on skill and merit. You are asking to be paid more for the same shit coffee spilling job you were doing for 11$. The new value given to the lower skill class will be taken from middle skill class meaning that the people who are actually developing their value to society to be valued for the wage exchange are losing the benefit of developping their skills further and subsidize the unskilled workers. In time the prices of goods will increase to accomodate the newly available numbers of dollars in the lower skill class causing the erosion of the buying power of the lower and middle skilled classes.

"Is Seattle’s boom driving the loss of low-paying work, or is its minimum-wage increase to blame?

Micah Simler, whose window-washing business in Seattle has three employees and 15 contractors, said he had already been paying much more than $15 an hour because of the local economy, not the wage law.

“Seattle is in a boom time right now, and I’m competing with construction companies” and many other businesses for employees, he said..."

So, in effect, a healthy growing economy does not need to impose a minimum wage, as the need for workers will drive up the wages needed to keep them. A higher minimum wage in a stagnant or distressed economy will result in less employment at minimum wage rates.

nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/economy/seattle-minimum-wage.html

Booze is taxed out the ass so yes those people contribute more.
In Canada booze is sin tax.

this man gets it!

suuure

sure buddy

sure buddy

you obviously are young. Only elementary schoolers have this logic

You make more money. I however am more responsible with money

well today i get the raise

>middle class people will be poorer
Good. Middle class are parasites I hope they become more poor. They are absolute petite-bourgoise trash and I hope every single one of them gets poorer

>to make 18 an hour
>work place makes no comment on increasing our wages

hmmm

>$14 CAD = $11.15 USD pre-minimum wage hike
>$14 CAD = $9.50 USD a year or two from now
Good luck Canadabros.

You just lost 3$ purchasing power in a single day

How do I move to the south and find a factory job.
Twenty ged and living in new England with nothing to my name.

I guess that makes sense from a (((macroeconomics))) view. I always assumed being closer or higher than the USD would equal more buying power, and therefore better economy.

In Toronto literally every small business is owned by Asian supremacists who bring their extended families over to do jobs that students could be doing.

it's a 2bedroom apartment, about 60m^2, more than enough for me (in fact I don't use like 20% of it), you can go raise your family and let them get race mixed with mexicans, i don't really plan on having kids.

Dont forget 45% income tax and 15%ish HST/provincial sales taxes for most provinces!

underprivileged implies that there is a level of privilege that all should have, negating the concept of privilege in the first place. Work harder, study more and improve yourself wagecuck. Hell, just being the "guy who knows how to operate the forklift" would increase your take home by 50% (but my bet is you can't pass a drug test).

Here's the solution:
>Don't fucking live in one of the 3 scummiest cities in Canada

>work harder
>study more
I did that all, all of it in highschool. Didn't help much. Meanwhile assholse like you who haven't worked a single day in your life are making tons of money

I get paid like $38/hr in a part of the country where min wage is $7/hr

How does it feel having no education, no skills, no bargaining power, etc?

>assholse like you who haven't worked a single day in your life
When I was 18 I was making almost $20 an hour working on a ranch with 10,000 heads of cattle. You're doing a job a machine can (and likely eventually, will) do.

If YOU are the one who doesn’t understand that one of the largest line items of a budget is wages YOU are the one who’s unschooled in business and economics.

Take your liberal indoctrination African dance therapy degree and shove it up your ass, maplenigger.

Well that's your privilege since you got hired there. I sent out applications everywhere and never got hired

Good, you probably deserve it.
Let me school people on Toronto, in which it will be the GTA that makes over half of these people getting raises....
We have basically no small business with employees.
90% of small business like corner stores, restaurants, dry cleaners, etc are all family owned and ran.
There are really not many people who make minimum wage not working for a huge conglomerate or family business.
Ontario is becoming nothing more than sub divisions and smart centers.
They raised the price of coffee from $2 a large to $2.15. Pretty sure that extra $4.50/month isn't going to kill any one.
I'm good with it. Because up until now, a single man, working min wage can't even afford rent in this city. Never mind food or entertainment.
Regardless of un-education, someone working, not collection welfare, putting in an effort, working 40 hours a week, should be able to live.
Even at $14/hour, any single mom with 2 kids will clear $2100/month, more than these fucks will still get, even with the raise.

Thats like 2 usd though. Besides how shit must your life be to get paid minimum wage?

you are unschooled in business and economics. Get out of here you uneducated liberal

stfu you uneducated in business and economics you retard

I don't know how to answer this question. If i say my life is good everyones like "ohhhh ok" but in a way like "holy shit im glad im not that guy" but when i say my life is bad they're like stop complaining. So you tell me.

>Minimum wage
>Progressive
Enjoy your higher prices and increased poverty, commiefag
>>/leftypol/

It's going from 10.50 to $14, which is pretty big.
At $10, you basically clear $375/week, now it will be $500. That's huge. Basically like getting a free week pay every month.
Close to $400US/week. Our dollar is close to 80cents.

they are increasing it because your leaf money is being inflated

14.00 CAD = 11.09 USD

Some parts of the U.S have had over $11 for like a year now.

lol fascist get the fuck out you Nazi

>some parts
HAHA

Ontario has the most debt of any state or province in the world

14 canadian dollars per hour? That's like 9 something euros per hour. I would not get up from my bed with that kind of shit salary.

This.

I stopped buying my coffee(s) at Tims because it worked out to 4.50$ a day which runs to about 120-140 a month. Making coffee at home runs about 40-50 a month so I save almost 100$ a month, and that was last month. I'm not sure what Tim's prices will be when they raise prices in the coming weeks.

will this shit affect the maritimes economically?

I think I heard somewhere that after health care and education interest payments on our loans is our 3rd biggest expenditure.

This province needs to eat a bullet.

40-50? How much coffee you drink?
Cost me 2 jars for $10/month.
Or is this like a Keurig?
Tims moved from $2/large to $2.15, I went this morning.

Many single moms work as servers and get 20-25 an hour with minimal taxes. Plus their taxable income is so low they qualify for more gibs.

Single moms are a cancer.

I'm in Ottawa. 1.75M 2.00L 2.25XL and that was last week. Haven't checked today's drive-thru prices.

I usually went to Tims twice a day(i like my joe) so 2 coffees a day adds up if you do the math. It was simply unsustainable and while I like the convenience it's simply too expensive not to make coffee at home.

Meme flags were a mistake

>toronto
>meme flag
>paid the absolute minimum required by law

Everything here checks out.

Checked.

I have a buddy who worked at best buy for 3 years to get up to 15 an hour. He just lost all those wage gains and his purchasing power took a hit.

Granted he should have done better than fucking best buy, and he knows that, but still sucks for him because he has a kid now and is having his heels nipped by parasitic leftists..

That's why we need a nuclear war, so people like you and me can have some in the after math killing these degenerates. It's going to be so fun getting that last laugh killing somebody you know was a liberal before the war. It certainly won't be hard to pick these people out either. Smashing their fucking skulls in and raping those single mothers to death while their shit skin children watch in horror.

I'll get at least one I promise you that... Just one before someone gets me.

You are joking? In restaurant's wages make up approx 1/3 of all costs

Food prices have already icreased over 50% in two years how much more will they climb now that every retard at the gorcer is paid 14$

no hes probably some retard that thinks franchises have CEOs and coffee is a 2000% markup

im retarded

Why don't you get a better job than minimum wage?

EXACTLY. Only 1/3 of all costs so basically nothing. RETARD

Because you can't unless you're born into the aristocratic elite. This book explains it

Works both ways.
I am a surveyor, all the second men get between $14-17 depending on skill level or education. (To start, ending wage is $36/hour)
They now all get $18-21, since nobody is going to pound stakes all day in +40 or -30 for minimum wage, or even close to it.

>no counterarguements
S U U U R E B U D D Y

And the other two thirds is spread amongst food, supplies, admin costs, rent/lease and other expenses. Meaning Wages are the largest percent category of costs.

Course you make minimum wage, So I wouldn’t expect you to understand things like basic economics and fiscal responsibility.

>didn't get hired cuz I'm unqualified
>waaah person who who got the job obviously has privilege
Pottery

Your minimum wage has just gone up by nearly 1/3. So its basically nothing isnt it.

Yeah and now the world is going to shut down because prices and wages won't be adjusted