Things you hate in Manga and Anime

Things you hate in Manga and Anime.

> Characters reset after every chapter

> The MC is a fag

exact same formula of plot with similar bad guys every episode with the same quoted sayings each time with the same ending cut scene after they win the battle then returning back to normal to prepare to do it again next episode.

> overpowered character is knocked out or conveniently out of the picture when the bad guy shows up

Why do japs hate kissing so much?

So basically Pokémon.

Im getting tired of underdog characters. They come off as cowardly and self centered rather than endearing.

>the OP music is perfect, but in the middle of the season they decide to change the music to some extremely generic engrish fujo crabcore shit

you do not know my pain

>sameface
>literally every manga by that person

>A situation is set up to make readers/viewers believe that a recurring trope within the show is being subverted only to execute it in typical fashion again
>The MC has no romantic development moments at all, making him/her seem flat as a character
>Things are lazily explained away using video game mechanics
>Shitty, obvious use of 3DCG
>No subplots
>Fight Choreographies being lazy battles of WHO CAN THROW PUNCHES AND KICKS FASTER as well as beam struggles in a series where the characters are supposed to be experienced martial artists
Probably missing a few.

Asspulls that we don't get to see put in ahead of time.

Like One Piece is doing one right that I think will be interesting to see: the whole "Let's turn their trap into OUR trap" idea is interesting because it's essentially what WOULD be an asspull if they didn't show the meeting between Luffy and Capone first.

You can still have dramatic stakes if you throw a wrench into the plan but it's worth at least showing the audience what the protagonist's plan is

Welcome to anime and manga.

> 1 minute takes a whole episode

Harem series that don't end in a harem.

Stop reading and watching bad ones

Shonen introduces a boatload of characters with neat designs and only makes 1/3 of them relevant while the rest are simply background decoration.

That goes for any genre really. It's really annoying when the author cant develop characters because there's too many.

>your gun
>AND YOUR OTHER GUN

> ending is rushed because the series isnt selling

>MC doesnt pick a girl because its actually a self insert and the writer wants them all

Especially the mechanic girl. At least one got to stick around

Love interest is a bitch and the demure, loyal side character is ignored.

Characters doing illogical and purely shit that works because plot armour

I hate friends of the main character. I guess i just like loners.

I hate when they're complete faggots. If you don't want to write a real character because they'd be "competition" for the MC then you might as well make the friend a girl or a trap.

> series is axed after the last chapters turned into yaoi

why?

I am all for some slapstick comedy, but I hate it when every slight sexual slip up ( panties, boob grab or nudge ) is handled in this overblown "HYAAAA" shit.

I remember grabbing a girls boob in PE in middle school and it was just "Ouh, sorry" "No problem".

never saw a single anime where character's powers was realisically portrayed and competitive.

> interesting and thought provoking concept
> starring high schoolers

every fucking time.

Yeah, same. Also that gay bullshit where guys can't fucking resolve themselves to confessing. None of that stopping halfway every damn time, go all out or give up.

Being an adult sucks, the japanese especially have lives that are not something they want to think about when trying to escape reality. If I could I'd wish for eternal youth.

> no-tits wins

Aww, man. Don't get me started. I know many Anime rely on the constant "Will they end up together" shtick, but for me it only works one or two times after that the MCs would be retarted to not know whats up.

nozoki anna gets my cock so harddddd, the penultimate cuck scene had me diamonds for weeks

Thats whats wrong with our own culture and Japans. People should be learning how to grow old and not the other way round.

This is due to the death of religion which emphasized personal responsibility and encouraged iniation rites in which boys would become adults.

Asked my Japanese friend about this, apparently the whole "asexual" culture comes from the nips thinking that studies and school should be more of a priority than sex or dating. They're living in a stereotype and they're killing their population because of it.

I don't follow in the religion argument.
So people in religions don't want to be younger again?

Nonsense. My country has the most promiscuous women bar none, and our birth rates are still shit.

> When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

Let me guess, Swede?

Dubs prove me wrong I guess, must be his family then

Yes user, humans are robots

Close, Finn

Come on man, post the WHOLE quote.

Promiscuity has nothing to do with the birthrate. Promiscuity is just a side effect of a selfish culture in which family values are not encouraged. With abortion, contraception and divorce at play; promiscuity has no net gain.

Pokemon never gets tiring though
Other anime do

So there we have it, asians prioritising school over sex and dating has no effect whatsoever on the birth rates.

> Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Oh never mind it was some bible shit, I thought you were quoting CS Lewis, who said:
>Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But the on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development: When I was ten I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

>When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Do you think cultures with high birth rates encourage those? I never knew Islamic countries were so open and free when it came to sex.

Sup Forums

Why are you arguing with me? I was making the point that the Japanese aren't killing their birth rates because they're focusing on school instead of sex and dating, you absolute spanner.

>High schoolers trapped in a video game or another world

im bored

nothing worth reading atm

lately i'm actually more annoyed about the fan than the series it self

>giving legit criticism about why i think a series is shit
>y-your an idiot, it's just how the author is! you can't criticize that!
>every nisiofag ever

Well find something more productive to do. Learn moonrunes or something.

When religion was mainstream the fear of death was not as intense as now.
Current society is having a hard time trying to accept that life is meaningless and death is always near, so they idolize youth.
Well, at least that's what Houellebecq says.

I just follow the boobs and see where they take me

Learning moonrunes would be a lot more productive than reading that shite.

Dude, fuck that. Growing old sucks, you get weaker, slower, time moves faster, and you start forgetting shit, and all that is accelerated if you work long and hard hours The only benefit of aging is the chance to gain experience, but even that usually is replaced with merely becoming bitter and not actually developing as a person. Maturing in the sense that society sees it is just bowing down and settling for a mediocre life. I don't care for growing up, at least in mind despite it being inevitable in body, if it's something which will only serve to perpetrate this world which demands people give up happiness and freedom to become a docile and domesticated shell of a person. You can glorify adulthood all you want and say that it's only my own limited perspective which makes me view it this way, but for all but the lucky, it is not pleasant in any way. And to me there is no purpose to maintaining the order in society if it does not lead to the individual being happy. Most religion is nothing but a spook to brainwash gullible people into behaving in a way that keeps the status quo of society intact, if you'll forgive my edge.
>muh real women
Whatever fag.

Ignorance is bliss is a saying for a reason, ya know. Religion at least gave people something to hold onto so they don't break.

Problem is the majority don't give a shit about being productive nor do they have a reason to.

Knowing moonrunes would help with his boredom though. A lot.

We dont know why they put yaoi shit in their mangas either user

Its also about learning to accept life.

People are unable to accept the reality thats presented to them in a godless universe. That goes for atheist aswell who cling onto moral truths and an idea of purpose. Ignorance is bliss.

They're weak people if they think there is a grand design to any of it, be that religious or not. I personally don't really care, all I'm interested is to have fun with the time I have.

And my fun mostly consists of fapping to lolis and shitposting on the boards.

The society is full of faggots obsessed with "meaning".

>tfw my (ex)gf asks me if I have a waifu, to later get mad and shout "how can I compete with her"
>tfw chuckling and saying "you cant" pushed her over the edge
fuck 3D wymen

Dunno, I think meaning is something all people should decided on for themselves, there's probably no grand design at work in the universe so it's on you to decide how to live your life.

In all my life have never i read something that is so bad it just skips right past the part of the circle where it becomes good and lands on the exact same point where it started, as in being bad.

When I realized nothing can objectively have meaning, because inherently meaning is an empty concept, I was fine with it. I think it's pretty close minded if you can't imagine there being reasons to live if you don't have your lifes meaning dictated to you by someone or something else. What does it even change about life besides your own awareness of reality?

The thing is, you don't know that. You can't assume you have all the information about the universe or about yourself.

Raising a child properly in a first world nation is fucking expensive and a big commitment that is enforced to a degree. Third worlders don't give a shit because they can make a dozen, exploit them as part of their workforce and the strongest ones might reach adulthood lmao.

Well gee thanks for agreeing with me.

I think ti's the realization that even if there was some grand machination at work, there's no such thing as absolute meaning. Meaning is in the mind of those who assign it to something, no more and no less.

I sometimes wonder how people can find it easy to accept that material existence can exist in and of itself.

Some people need a reason decided on by a outside factor otherwise they grow roots and waste away, living is hard is when you actually have to think and take responsibility for yourself.

It's merely human arrogance and shortsightedness which leads people to assume nothing can come about without a sentient driving force similar to mans own mind. The idea of a mind at work making the universe move is simply humans glorifying the sentient mind and mistakenly assuming that because we create things by our intelligence, everything must have been. In reality, sentience is likely just a very tiny part of the universe. It's just very easy for people to project their own human nature onto the rest of reality. Of course, because anything is possible it';s not completely out of the question that a sentient mind created the universe, as we cannot know everything for certain, but it's much more logical to assume that it is only a human concept created because humans are relatively simple minded. Because humans find sentience important to them, and because it's all they know, they get the notion that the universe must reflect this sentience of theirs, when really it's nothing more than a random event which was really very likely to happen in a universe as vast and with as many variables that could potentially form sentience as this one. Now I could be wrong, but based on what I know about the universe it makes sense ot me.

Occam's razor would dictate that you're right.

You're also right because I agree with you, and me being right makes me feel good.

Still doesnt answer the question of why there is something rather than nothing. It seems to me the only way that this universe can exist is due to something which transcends our reason. Science will only show how deep this question goes

>posting such a best girl

You can keep asking "why" forever and not get a final answer is the thing.

why stop asking though?

Holy shit

I want to rub my dick on her thighs

But human reason, relative to most people IS the idea that a sentient being must make stuff, which is why so many people make the mistake of assuming that human sentience must be reflected in the design of the universe. If you really believe that it is something which transcends human reason then you wouldn't think it would be a human-like god. Most people reason that because humans have only had experience with stuff being made by humans, or sentient beings, then the universe itself must be made by a sentient being. Because it's hard for many people to comprehend that there might not be a "why" in the sense that humans always look for a designed purpose for things. But the truth is, the universe doesn't need to have been made by someone or something, the fact that it exists is why it exists, nothing more. If you do follow the reasoning that things must have a purpose or a creator, then a being created by nothing just puts you right back at square one. If you can believe in a being that was not made by any reason or purpose, then why can't you just believe that the universe itself is the entity which exists without a person or reason behind it??

>When a thread about manga/anime cliches quickly turns into a serious debate/discussion about philosophy

I love Sup Forums

I wish my gay ass wouldn't fuck up punctuation. I didn't actually intend to overdo the question marks.

Let me break this down

> Matter is contingent
> The Universe is causal in nature

Can this material universe exist of its own accord? Why do you rely on you own mind to make any judgement?

>Why do you rely on you own mind to make any judgement?

Especially in a universe which for all we know is deterministic.

Because what else can you rely on if you can't even rely on yourself? Yeah, you'll probably fuck up and be wrong about things because we're imperfect but what other choice do you have?

How someone not accept a universe existing without an origin, but they can accept a supernatural being that exists without origin? Alternatively, if you do believe entities can exist without origin or reason, why can't the universe itself exist without origin or reason? No matter how you look at it, the sentient being is just an extraneous thing added on because people project sentience on the rest of reality.

That's just how I see it.

side characters with permanent chibi faces
fucking tragic to look at em

/lit/ is leaking pretty hard in this thread.

I'm an Sup Forumsand other japanese culture boards purist.

I'm not seeing anyone call me a shitter for daring to read sci-fi and fantasy schlock only people going full deep which is fine and still better than shitposting about sales.

I hate it when a good ending is forced into being a bittersweet ending simply to be edgy

To propose another question doesnt negate the first. God is not bound by natural law; the Universe is.

So where did that god come from?