Had to be saved by the west cause they were the only ones who liked it

>had to be saved by the west cause they were the only ones who liked it

Why does japan have such consistently shitty tastes?

>Why does japan have such consistently shitty tastes?
Weebs and chinks are the primary demographic for a reason (they buy the shit).
America and it's vassal states are too small of a source of sales (ignoring companies like funimation) to have any meaningful impact on the direction/content of animemes.

"Saved" by the west

the 2nd season was alright but it would have been better off not having western demands laid on it

The whole show should have been westernized to suit our tastes. No mechas, or less weight on them. More gadgets.

Of course, that would bring about a problem with the thematics being brought in the form of Bigs but it's nothing they couldn't handle.

Well, it's still the only anime I watch over and over again. Aside from Miyazaki's best films.

Big-O is in a decidedly western setting. Hell he's fucking Batman without the mask. So of course it sold better here.

It would've been better off if they didnt have to go full retard with the bigs

I would've loved if the series were just about Roger's negotiation/detective work

I was just grateful it actually got a 2nd season, not a lot of anime get that chance

Like any medium, the more niche shit doesn't sell as well. Shows like this do better in comparison to Japan in terms of percentage sold to other anime because the people who are watching anime over here are already niche hobbyists more likely to go for sub-niche dark psychological stuff like this

Couple that with the fact that it's basically Bruce Timm: The Anime and it's obvious why it caught on better over here.

>The whole show should have been westernized to suit our tastes. No mechas, or less weight on them. More gadgets.
Batman: TAS already exists

And was undoubtedly a major influence on Big O.

>tfw no Big O anime setting without the mecha

I love all the noir stuff but I'm not really a fan of the mecha parts, they feel so forced.

Haven't seen a Big O thread in awhile

While it's here, could someone please explain the ending to me? I think I was too young when I saw it to understand it

I liked the Bigs and the various giant threats because they were a climactic, bombastic way of exploring the underlying mystery of the city and the way elements of the past can come back in prominent, dangerous ways. They make for fun action and cool symbols.
>saved by the west
I think the second season is pretty good, but it's significantly worse than the first and only made explicit what the first season always kind of implied. It's still a fun watch, but it only builds up to a kind of obvious meta-statement.

Honestly, the way mecha were handled in Big O was probably my favorite thing about the show. It managed to incorporate a 1930s-1940s art deco setting into a genre that was decades past its era, and still feel like it was a serial film from that period.

I want to hug Dorothy

>you will never hold your android gf

wtf was the reveal?

the ending was a clusterfuck.

"I never intended ending."

That's why I hate anime.

This meme needs to end. If you prefer western-style entertainment, there's a board for you:

You can have an ending without revealing the mystery, so I'm not sure what he meant by that. I don't think season one's ending was a terrible place to leave the story, though.

(You) need to end

>implying you could lift her

I'd get /fit/ for Dorothy

Roger is the protagonist the likes of which we need more. Fuck high school foreveralones isekai`d to hell, give me a competent dude in a suit solving shit.

I can't remember too well but

Everything was like a virtual reality where only the spy thief woman was real, I

/m/, is that you?

>you absolutely have to be /m/ to watch shows about giant robots

Now that this Big O thread, can we agree that Dorothy is very cute?

Well, who`s up against her? Only the disgusting turboslut.
So she wins by default.

Different culture.

Beggars need to learn how to appreciate what they get.

You're one sad little thing.

Based Chiaki.

She's very cute.

The cutest

Looks like Japanese batman.

HRRNNNNNGGGGGG

big o was pretty shit

Firs season was gr8, second was shit

Because of this one anime that wasn't popular?

Even better, Iirc sunrise provided animation help on Batman:TAS

I want Dorothy to be my daughter

Fucking this.

The tomato twist wasn't a bad one. In fact, it was cool. But I would have preferred if it was a failed human ambition, like people living in the clouds because they tried to colonize space, failed, and repurposed Lagrange colonies for the high atmosphere. The tomato thing tried to recreate people, but ended up doing its own thing in the end.

But Americans are the reason it ended up that way. Similar to the Godzilla thread where people were hating on Shin because it didn't have big monsters. Season 2 tried to be too edgy and have too many big robot fights. Big O existed as a nuclear option for when negotiations broke down. There needed to be negotiations first.

For a mecha, Big O really has a lot of style. Mecha first emerged really in the 1960's and 1960's style mecha don't look anything like Big O. Big O manages to look more retro, while simultaneously more futuristic, than Mazinger Z. The proportions are similar to those 60's-70's mecha but the finish is like a polished Rolls Royce.

This except gooks are also the part of the primary demographic too, regardless of what nips in Sup Forums wanted.

All that means is the ending isn't supposed to be spelled out for you. Most writers design an ending even if they don't intend on revealing it. It's only the shit writers like J. J. Abrahms who throw random shit together because they know Millennials will invent the ending for them.