twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no sequel

Is Evangelion still the best anime?

>all that cgi

so shin godzilla is kaimen right?

>all anno does now is remake old series

how far the mighty has fallen

>how far the mighty has fallen
The man just saved one of Japan's biggest icons. How high are your standards?

His standards aren't high. He's just pretending to have high standards.

Will this be in 3.0+1.0?

>saved

Sorry, but the only group saving Godzilla is Legendary.

It would have twenty fucking years ago if people didn't decide to have such massive boners for a certain pair of underaged girls.

Is that the one where Godzilla looks retarded?

Comedy isn't your forte, user.

G '14 was middling at best. No more inspired than the tired entries of the Heisei and Millennium eras.

Godzilla actually has monsters to fight in the Legendary's verse. Meanwhile 'Shin' Godzilla is defeated by... fire trucks...

You mean science and the ingenuity of man? Like how he was in the Original?

Yes

That's him as a baby.

Go back to Sup Forums or /m/
Shin was a masterpiece tho

Still looks like shit

Kaiju movies are trash

Ah. You're one of those guys who judges entire films by the quality of its fight scenes? Everything else be damned, right?

I liked it. I thought the ending was kind of weak though.
I don't think I would've liked it as much if I hadn't seen it in a movie theatre though.

>Toho doesn't own other monsters
I know this isn't Sup Forums but it should be common knowledge that Toho owns a shit ton of other monsters. What does Legendary own, King Kong? The alien bats from the 2014 Godzilla? I'll stick with gigan and mechagodzilla.

Godzilla films are never REALLY about Godzilla user.

>I thought the ending was kind of weak though.
Explain further. It was great.

They have rights to Mothra and Rodan at least, with maybe King Ghidorah.

Shin Godzilla was a great kaiju film and 2014 was a good monster flick.
I like both of them in different ways.

>science

Sorry, the 'science' in Shin was mega bullshit

Might as well have been on the level of magic

Science that is consistent within its own setting is still science, even if it isn't realistic to our world. "Science Fiction" is a genre for a reason.

Right, I'd forgotten that they licensed those. But Toho still owns them, so they aren't characters that Legendary has the exclusive rights to.

For a culture that allegedly can no longer understand the yamato damashi, the very cultural spirit blown to smithereens by the atomic bombs, Japan seems eternally butthurt by being raped by a Fat Man and Little Boy

>2014 was a good monster flick
no it wasn't, it was boring as hell and the only interesting character died 30 minutes in

>make best kaijukino ever
>autistic weebs still bother him to make more evuhgaylions rehashes

Yes, I am someone who judges the quality of giant monster movie by the giant monsters.

I bought the 4-disc 4K version from Amazon Japan. I've already ripped the 1080p version, but not the 4K version.
The jews decided that to even playback 4K blurays, you need a bluray player that supports AACS v2.0 (the mechanical hardware they use to interface with the disc is identical), and a CPU that supports Intel SGX (Kaby-Lake).

Basically, until they crack AACS v2.0, to even play 4K video on your computer, you need to buy a $400 bluray drive from Amazon Japan, and a new computer from this year.

And no, I don't have an external 4K bluray player or 4K video capture card.

I do plan on doing my own subs, but if there are already good subs out, I'll just download those instead.

The Fukushima disaster was defeated by... yep you know it, firetrucks.

There are more to giant monster (films) than giant monsters. Try to appreciate the whole package. Not just one element.

in b4 all humans suck meme

And the oxygen destroyer was so realistic right?

Evangelion Doragon by KyoAni when?

the power of laser class

I'm sorry, if I want to watch a movie about Fukushima, I'll watch a documentary.

If I want to watch a movie about a giant lizard, I'll watch Godzilla vs something.

All solo Godzilla movies are awful, including the original.

as a massive evangelion fan, i agree with OP. the series never needed a shit-tier reboot, all it did was tread on the legacy of the original and rehash the story in a shittier way. about the only thing good about the rebuilds is fleshing out kaworu and shinji's relationship. im not a fujoshit, but i think it was handled much better and in a more realistic fashion than it was handled in the original series, because shinji barely had a reason to care about killing someone he met the day before.

even then, 3.0 is a piece of schlock garbage that has no reason to exist. hell, all of the rebuilds are. on the other hand, i thought shin gojira was great, and i would like to see anno making more of that rather than keeping a 22 year old series on life support.

>not Tabris with Space Godzilla

>including original
Jesus what a shit taste

>including the original
Get a load of this turbo-teen.

kill yourself faggot

>All solo Godzilla movies are awful, including the original.
Ebert? I thought you were dead.

What is Sup Forums favorite Godzilla movie? Mine is Godzilla GMK

I just downloaded Sup Forums's subs.
Very nice.
Questionable choice for the main font, and I don't really like how they wrapped the subtitles to the middle ~1/3 of the screen, but that can be fixed.

I fucking loved this movie so much

I never would have believed two hours of Japanese bureaucracy could be that entertaining.

I bet you think that Seven Samurai was the greatest film of all time. Hipsters.

I want this

>Liking the worst era of Godzilla history
>Praising Legendary one
Really makes you think

>people think this looks stupid

Good thing that Shin Godzilla has some of the best scenes of Giant monsters fucking shit up in the franchise then

This Godzilla is more about Fukushima

christ how will i recover from that one?

now get off Sup Forums you underaged faggot.

No, though it is good and worth the praise. I just find your lack of taste amusing.

I know people call each other pleb around here a lot, and that's a shame, because the word has lost some impact when it should be saved for people like you.

This is b8, stop replying

Real talk it's actually Shin Godzilla. The original is a close second though.

I smell a capeshitfag

My top 3 is

Final Wars
Shin

This one because my first Godzilla

1) Gojira/King of the Monsters
2) Shin Godzilla
3) Mothra vs Godzilla
4) Monster Zero
5) Ghidorah
6) GMK
7) Godzilla vs Hedorah
8) Godzilla 2000
9) Godzilla vs Biollante
10) Godzilla vs Gigan (guilty pleasure)

>the worst era
>contains Mechagodzilla, one of the most critically acclaimed and fondly remembered

I wish you started thinking to begin with.

Anno really made me feel bad for Godzilla-chan

Vs Megalon will always hold a place in my heart, if only for causing pic related to exist.

You do realize that GvM is single handily responsible for a great deal of Godzilla's poor reputation in the West, right?

Well obviously they are
America keeps crying about 9/11 even though it wasn't even 3000 deaths

As of 3.0, fuck no.

I still love it, even if it is really goofy

> Unit-02

So it'll just get shredded by the enemy?

So it Godzilla were Asuka then it would be defeated by a powerpoint show?

What happened to the Sup Forums threads?

So a literal scene from the Terminator was awarded with praise?

Except we don't. Hollywood doesn't make 9/11 movies, and the military already went to the middle east and broke everyone's shit

Godzilla has always been an anti-nuclear message with a lot of self-deprecating undertones. Even in the original, Godzilla was and is always treated as a punishment for Japan's arrogance.

>He's serious

youtube.com/watch?v=k4gODyZKE1Q

One movie is 30 years old, the other is from 2016

Aren't planes still less expensive on 9/11 for no reason other than superstition?

Actually, given the presence of the Oxygen Destroyer in the original, it might instead be a sort of dialectic on whether Japan should itself get an atomic bomb.

Even if Japan remains as pacifistic as their new Constitution forces them to be, the threat of the USSR and USA going to war is still out there and Japan would invariably be caught in the middle. Japan could easily become a nuclear power if it so desired, given its economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities. It could have even developed nuclear weapons in WW2 had it not been so resource starved the entire time.

The ultimate point of Godzilla 1954 was "Even if it takes having an atomic bomb to stop another atomic bomb, that's still not worth it." Weapons of mass destruction are horrible and Japan itself knows exactly why based on strategic bombing campaigns and getting nuked twice.

Godzilla 2016, on the other hand, deals with several different issues. Government incompetence, nuclear power plant disasters, disaster response, US participation in helping Japan with its problems, and the looming threat of North Korea. Unlike 1954, 2016 is far more optimistic. Not outright saying that Japan should get a nuke, but instead saying Japan should rise to the challenges - with USA support, but with Japan leading the way in the region.

In 1954, the tone was 'we'll all be fucked but we'll rebuild afterwards', and in 2016 it was 'our leaders are bad right now, but the future is bright thanks to the youth of Japan.'

>less expensive

Air travel fees have had a 200% increase since 2001, and no, there's no secret 9/11 discount

We only really talk about 9/11 on 9/11 and that's more general remembrance than crying afoul.

Plane tickets are always cheaper in September because less people are traveling. Summer is vacation months, and September to October are low travel months due to nothing going on. In November and December they spike again for holidays.

tl;dr, Anno is still a faggot

Spielberg's War Of The Worlds and Cloverfield has some metaphors of 9/11 I guess

9/11 is only influential because it showed how to animate skyscrapers falling

Will Urobuchi outdo Anno?

I would be pleasantly surprised if he did.

I really, really liked Shin.

Saved? What about leaving it alone and do your own thing. Get anno's dick our of your mouth.

>this is what annodrones actually believe

terrorists probably figured out that 9/11 was the day of cheap plane tickets and were operating on a budget for some reason

Is the twist that godzilla is actually a person

I'm tired of this meme
Not funny anymore

urobuchi will copy anno like he already did with madoka.

half of that fucking movie was reused footage that couldn't have been more obvious. Like literally used daytime scenes from a Ghidora movie for a fight IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Your tastes in even the Godzilla vs movies are SHIT.

I'm expecting Expelled from Paradis with Godzilla.

and Anno copied time looping and world lines from a certain anime series.