Tap 4, Play this

-1, your turn Sup Forums

You need a target, dumbass.

I win.

The [0] is the best ability, noob

This

Your turn.

go ahead, tap her. make my day

You don't tap to activate planeswalker abilities, plus you can't kill planeswalkers with Royal Assassin. How does this interact with Aqua-sama?

I'll play a Bazaar of Baghdad, discarding a Stinkweed Imp, a Phantasmagorian, and a Dread Return to draw 2 cards. Then I'll cast Gitaxian Probe with Phyrexian mana, putting me down to 18. Instead of drawing, I'll Dredge 5, for 3 Narcomoebas and two Bridge From Below. I'll then return Phantasmagorian to my hand, discarding two copies of Bridge from Below and a Flame-Kin Zealot. I'll sacrifice 3 Narcomoebas to Dread Return, returning Flame-Kin Zealot to the battlefield and spawning 12 2/2 Zombies. The zombies become 3/2s with haste from Flame-Kin Zealot. I then attack for 36 damage.

So Megumin is Red and Darkness is white and Kazuma green? Wiz/Vanir black?

What does this card even do? Like, what are the possible change to the game could be made by both players skipping a turn?

>-1
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? HAVE YOU NEVER PLAYED BEFORE? LISTEN TO THIS user

Master.
No action in Minion phase.
4 transfers to Crypt.

I play fuzz Cuddles, make a worker and level Jaina to midband. I exhaust her to deal 1 damage to your Tech 2, destroying it. Then I patrol Fuzz Cuddles in the Squad Leader position and end my turn.

Dreadbore her useless, 50-IQ nopan wearing anus

Now I need a Megumin-edit of Pyroblast/Red Elemental Blast.

Megumin is definitly red. Aqua is elementally blue, but nowhere near in hell philosophically blue, she's more Green with her resistance to change, constantly willing to go back to the order that was before.
Darkness would have some red with her, as she gets dragged way too much by her feelings, so she's WR/Boros.
I would argue Kazuma is at least some black too due to life-stealing and theft, staples of the black color-pie. Besides his colorscheme, there's very few things green about him, green would honestly despise him.

Fuck, wrong pic

i like mine better

Wiz is likely blue/black. She seems to have alot of detention spells, control, and sheer elimination. Plus, she's a lich, which is thematically black.

That's one ugly foiling

It might have some implications during five turns, but I'm not entirely sure how skipped turns interact with that since, to my knowledge, it's less of an official rule and more of a TO thing.

So a Wiz card would have cumulative upkeep?

She's not literally Lich... though thematically, the discard effect would play in. If you consider her powerful ice magic, she'd probably have an ability like:

X, T: Discard X cards. Tap target creature with toughness X or less. That creature loses all abilities as long as it remains tapped, and does not untap as normal as long as ~ remains tapped. You may choose not to untap ~ during your untap phase.

I'd have to workshop it in gatherer a bit to make sure it's airtight, but that's basically how it'd go.

I was referencing her destitute shopkeep thing costing the player for keeping her.

They become 3/3's and if you swing flamekin like you should its 39 damage. Otherwise happy dredging friend, teach them mana using fools a lesson.

I legit never seen anyone play this game, yet people say is more popular than yugioh, how come?

There are a few things. The chief ones I can think of would be phasing and suspended spells

Mainly because it isn't total shit. Just mostly shit.

I mean whether the game is better than yugioh or not, doesn't answer the main question, why is it more popular according to the people that play it, yet I have never seen a person play it?

I don't know why you wouldn't have seen anyone play it. Personally I feel there's more strategy in M:TG but it does fall into the same trap of being pay to win.

Card games like Yugioh and Magic aren't extremely popular like Soccer or Baseball. But those that do play card games likely play Magic. It's easy to play, complex in strategy and just overall fun.

Yugioh was popular a couple years back, but not anymore I guess, don't know about baseball and soccer cards mostly just remember people collecting them, not the same thing to me, since they barely even play with them.

She might have Rimescale dragons effect which throws ice counters on shit and that shits locked down as long as she stays on the field.
then i'd throw cumulative upkeep of something like BBB because fucking christ, she eats through money and mana like nobodies business.

-not so fast!

>It's easy to play, complex in strategy
That doesn't make sense by the way

>not brainstorming
it's like you actually have below average intelligence.

Yes it does, you're just stupid.

After returning my my steel golem to hand. on my turn I play immortal coil and tap my Bazaar vendor to give you the immortal coil. I also play Tormod's Crypt and Exile your entire Graveyard. if you have no responses I win the Game.

>Bazaar vendor

bazaar trader*, it's been awhile since i ued this deck.

>fall into the same trap of being pay to win.
huh?

Then play Codex.

Now that I think about it, an Aqua legendary creature card is pretty hard to design, everyone else flowed naturally for the most part but I'm stumped what an Aqua card should be.

>pay 2 Stocks
>look up 3 cards from top deck and take 1
>place Climax card pay the cost
now I deal 4 damage to you
>hope you still have Climax card left
>And say good bye to your Lv3 precious waifu caurse she's fly to da clock

>And if you think this is over
>How about I deal 5 more damage toy you sir

>Aqua
>Jace edit
The game has water-based planeswalkers and you choose the one whose specialty is mind magic

>suspended spells
But time counters won't get removed since the upkeep will be skipped as well, right?

Won't this card allow a person to draw their entire deck and play it?

>Dorkness
>9/15
>Indestructable, defender
What else?

Well a least we're on the same page

Darkness

Defender, Indestructible
Prevent all combat damage dealt by [Cardname]
T: Change the target of target spell or ability targeting you or a creature you control to [Cardname]

Was there a keyword that lets a creature block any number of targets? I don't bloody remember. Though it feels wee bit broken to have that with indestructable

No, they never keyworded it.
Darkness isn't exactly a good enough blocker to warrant it, Swarms of cabbage/insects can get past her, her taunt is only marginally effective and intelligent beings can tell she's offensively useless.

That's actually a really cool effect. I love simplistic designs like this. I'd sooner expect this to be 2 or 3 CMC, but overall it's pretty great.

>9/15
I'd make it 5/7

Exalted 3 + vigilance

She stupid strong and stupidly tougher. Giving her some wurm/colossus stats seems accurate to me

>Ainu god of thunder
>Green/white

That's not for darkness right? Why would she have offense keywords?

Right, forgot that Flame-Kin got haste as well. Haven't played dredge in a couple years (had to google some combo parts)

I'm surprised there's minimal sperging about Jace period

>Tab , seduce target CREATURE creature

Cause she charges alone, exalted only works if you attack alone.

>Defender
>Attacks

Defender is gay. Give her hexproof then.

She can't hit shit despite being fucking strong. Defender is the closest thing outside of making your own rules text

>That doesn't make sense by the way

Of course it does.
Things that are easy to learn can allow for a wide variety of strategies, take a look at chess. You can learn how to play it in 10 minutes but you can also train for years and still have room to improve.

> -1

You're literally Aqua, user.

There's always a target, because the card itself is a valid target.

This was top of the new rules FAQ in fecking Planeshift.

Sup Forums what are your thoughts on the Amonkhet thing? I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it

That should be a colon, unless "destroy target insect" is a cost.

>Aqua as Jace

I don't play creatures, you lose card to det sphere though.

Could just use "X can't attack" instead

Except Jace isn't a creature, so it isn't a valid target

Megumin

T: Tap all untapped lands you control, deal X damage to target opponent and all creatures without flying he or she controls for each land tapped this way. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery

So here's my take on an Explosion mage. I don't want the player to be able to control their spending so instead of a usual pay X do X I decided to lock down the player's access to their lands. If you use it you give up on having tricks on the opponent's turn.

doesn't MtG have 'at the end of turn' effects?

If a turn is skipped it simply does not happen

613.1b Effects that use the word "skip" are replacement effects. These replacement effects use the word "skip" to indicate what events, steps, phases, or turns will be replaced with nothing.

I know as much. If there are 'at the end of turn effects' then this skip can help in some cases is what I was trying to point out.

Woah, still playing silly card games for kids? its time for you to get a job

If both your and your enemy's next turn is skipped it doesn't really help you with end of turn/upkeep triggers since the steps simply don't happen.

There are a few decks that win by skipping your own turn indefinitely though ie. Chronatog Stasis

They're garbage. Looks like something wizards would've printed in the 90s that would be ridiculed today.

>-1
Aqua stop shitposting you retard goddess.

Tap workshop ancient tomb, pay 2 life swing at Jace?
Wait how did you only play 4 mana I've got two thorns of amethyst and a sphere of resistance out. JUDGE

If you skip the turn it doesn't count for Serra Avenger.

2 explores

Megumin 1R
Creature - Human Wizard
T: Megumin deals 5 damage to each other creature and each player.
Megumin doesn't untap during your untap step.
0/3

Vanir 2WB
Enchantment - Aura
When Vanir enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature an opponent controls for as long as you control Vanir and attach Vanir to it.
If Vanir would leave the battlefield, exile Vanir with 2 time counters on it and it gains suspend instead.
Enchanted creature gets +2/-2 and attacks each turn if able.

Wiz's Shop
Land
T: Add 1U to your mana pool.
Cumulative upkeep - put a -1/-0 counter on a Wizard you control.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls a God or Cat creature, sacrifice Wiz's Shop and all Wizards you control.

I might just open up Magic Set Editor and try to make a set for the hell of it. Coming up with new cards and trying to keep them balanced and interesting while fitting a theme is really fun. I'd like to think all of the above cards could see play in modern, at least.

Darkness 1GW
Creature - Human Crusader
Defender
T: Darkness deals X damage to target creature and X damage to itself, where X is the number of creatures your opponents control minus the number of creatures you control.
0, say "Lalatina": Switch Darnkess's power and toughness until end of turn. Darkness looses defender and deals 3 damage to you.
1/6

Shouldn't Vanir be an artifact with living weapon variant?
>A keyword ability that creates a creature token and then attaches the Equipment with the ability to that token

Megumin is definitely Red/Blue because she is constantly working to improve upon her explosion magic, and improvement/study is a very blue trait.

I wrote it as an equipment at first, but it seemed more elegant to have it be an enchantment. The idea is to have him keep coming back from the grave and nabbing opponent's creatures, and that's more of an enchantment thing. Actually it needs have "Enchant creature and opponent controls" as its first line.

Now that I think of it, 1R for a creature with that ability is stupidly overpowered. UR, legendary creature, with 0/1 power/toughness might be fair.

>boardwipe with a body
>5 damage to both players
>recurring
>dies to bolt

Solid sideboard material for burn

You're now seeing Izzet as a group of comparatively insane chuunis

You mean you didn't always see Izzet that way?

I saw them more as mad scientist, not maddo scientisto

She's slightly blue, but keep in mind that she rejects all other magic except for the one she's passionate about, which is very non-blue.

Legendary is a definite yes, and 1 toughness is alright as well. I think the cost should be RR because this card is very very red and shouldn't be splashable