twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>RT
Proofs?

It's out already?

Everything about it is shit, that's why

Early screenings

literally on their front page

56 on metacritic, too, it's not looking so good

How is this Sup Forums-related, exactly? Fuck off.

>based on an anime, which is based on a manga
>Sup Forums - Anime & Manga

gee, I wonder

Rotten tomatoes works differently then Metacritic. RT simply devides reviews into "positive" and "negative"

So a bit more then half the reviews are "positive"

It's an adaptation, bound to be critically compared to nostalgia and source material, not that I've seen it myself either.
>Critics Consensus: Ghost in the Shell boasts cool visuals and a compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson, even if the end result lacks the magic of the movie's classic source material.

I suspected early on that despite how far cg has come along in movies, it's not likely you can get quite the same feel as anime, the medium itself is basically extremely stylized, still might watch it too just to see how they decided to adapt it.

>what went wrong?
everything went right

Sup Forums.org/rules#a4

All according the keikaku.

Singaporean here. Just watched it today, it's pretty decent. The plot is a resounding meh but the cinematography and CGI are legit great.

I'm also surprised that they did a great job on Batou. His dog from Innocence appears here.

It's better this way.

>what went wrong?

3D

Koukaku no Pandora was fun at least.

>compelling performance from Scarlett Johansson
This is so untrue. Her character felt nothing like the original. Also what the fuck was up with her hairdo ? It's hideous

Did they bring some of the chinese cartoon songs back?

Reading the reviews right now

The tomatoes all say it stays true to the anime/manga background.

All the rotten tomatoes say its an action movie that is visually stunning and that it lacks political correctness.

I don't know..

I plan to watch it tonight or tomorrow so I will see where I stand.

It looks like a cheap cosplay wig, seriously

Imagine if Dragon Ball Evolution tried doing Goku's hair accurately

Thank god this sacrilegious piece of garbage is getting shit on like it rightfully deserves

lefties media and their agenda of whitewashing
nothing else.
the same thing that happend with iron fist.

This grill should have been Major tbqh.

>The tomatoes all say it stays true to the anime/manga background.
Isn't the entire plot of the movie some government conspiracy shit about the major and her friends being kidnapped as kids and getting turned into cyborgs?

Not any major one. But they didn't include the dubstep remix either, thank goodness
They're lying so fucking hard, it's unreal

>compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson
ScarJo can't act for shit. She's literally a fucking wax statue in every movie she's in.

The chanting from the 1995 movie is there.

1995 was perfect. I'm glad this is bombing so they don't try anything else in Hollywood

Super oil nigger horse cocks. He fell from grace.

60% and it will be fresh.

>stays true to the anime/manga background.
probably people that watched it once like 20 years and then never watched anime ever again

Too late.

imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

It's not bombing. It's not even out

Rotten tomatoes reviews don't mean shit when it comes to sales. Plenty of movies have got much worse reviews than these early GiTS ones and been a huge success.

From scanning a few of the reviews, they turned it into a more regular action flick and shied away going full in on the philosophical ponderings on transhumanism, even though it's still there, making it an ok watch, but it lacks impact to stick out of the crowd, apart from the visuals. It's too slow for the action crowd, but not ponderous enough for the intellectual scifi crowd

Also, there's a passive agressive undercurrent on these reviews about their perceived injustice regarding the casting of ScarJo instead of some unknown japanese actress (ignoring that there's no big name Hollywood actress with Japanese roots to support that budget). Basically the movie isn't outstanding enough to drown out the yapping. Kinda like the Netflix Iron Fist.

user I think they meant the feeling of the manga/anime. Not a 1 : 1 remake of them.

I'd guess it'll do well enough in sales, have we had many cyberpunk-ish movies lately? Some people might go see it simply because its there.

It will probably sell a lot regardless of it being good or bad. I wonder which classic they're planning to rape next.

The beige stealth suit makes her looks fat but I thought she looks pretty spot-on as Motoko most of the times. She looks great in tank top and her SAC tactical suit.

I don't know whether I have low standard but this movie does a great job washing off that stank Arise left behind.

>Classic
Lol

No, for some reason Hollywood doesn't give a rats fuck about Cyberpunk movies. We need more of them. Much more.

>intellectual scifi crowd
almost had me

You can't adapt an anime into live action! How many times has this happened and it turns out to be shit?

It depends I guess.

If you worship the 1995 movie then this movie may not be for you since it shares more common roots with the TV series.

someone in the last thread brought up the complaining "Asian erasure" thing being mostly pushed by non Asians. I can confirm that, though we do have our morons like the dumb #cancelcolbert cunt suey park or the other retard complaining about iron fist being white.

But generally speaking, it's mostly hipster pseudointellectuals with grandiose Savior complexes (can be any race: only requirement is being a smug douche) and not Asians complaining about this.

No we don't.

Fuck off.

True, the movie is doing well in Singapore. Lido was crowded today. I suspect it will be the same thing in most Asia territories since literally every weeb I know has watched SAC and worships it to no end.

>there's a passive agressive undercurrent on these reviews about their perceived injustice regarding the casting of ScarJo
to be honest this is the problem with it, not because of 'le whitewashing in hollywood', but because she's a fucking terrible actor and she's fucking ugly too.

Sup Forums.org/rules#a4

kill yourself you fucking faggot

JUST

I think it's something best taken in doses, a continuous stream would make it less exciting I guess.

I want a sequel so bad because they did a good job establishing Section 9 and Batou have a good chemistry and banter with the Major.

Most reviews I've read/seen said ScarJo did a pretty good job with the role, just that the movie itself is kinda run of the mill, as far as plot goes.

Trusting and caring for Rotten Tomatoes is basically the same as basing your opinion on MAL reviews. It's retarded.

Not gonna lie, I may have unconsciously reduced my expectation after the abortion that was Arise.

Because those script writers were blinded by money.

The asian markets have their own film studios, production quality might not be as high as hollywood, except for martial arts movies, but for the most part I'd guess most asians don't give a shit about whitewashing, I certainly don't, but I'm a weird fuck as a 6'4 chinese dude, I don't identify with anyone. Just cast good actors and give them a good script.
In my opinion, Scarlett Johansson from the few times I've seen her is just ok, not outstanding but not a bad actor or anything. But again, that might be attributed to the script not given her much to do or say to judge.

The Gits movie wasn't even that good.

I actually don't get the Iron Fist thing. Danny is white in the comics, and it kinda serves a visual purpose since he was an outsider to the asia inspired K'un Lun. It would also dilute his relationship with Luke Cage.

i dislike how they changed his background, they should've gone true to the source material, his time in the army and full cyberization there is important

Apparently the show's kind of not good and Dan's "too white" in the "looks like he took a karate class for a month and now spouts zen sayings and stuff" kind of way.

58%
THANK
FUCK!

please flop please flop please flop
>please flop please flop please flop

3DPD shit belongs on Sup Forums, where the rest of the shit goes.

Probably won't flop user. This month of April is kinda of a drought to where there is no competition for it. At best, it'll be Resident Evil tier.

the purpose of the threads regarding this movie is mostly to compare them to the source material. they belong here

I'm pretty sure the yelling about whitewashing would have been irrelevant if the series itself had been great. Problem with it is that it has a slow as molasses start and focuses entirely to much on the whole wall street corporation business. Main focus should have been on the kung-fu and milked all the beloved tropes of those old eastern flicks we watched as kids. Instead we got the shitty "muh company" procedural shit for most of the first half of the series. Also, the main actor doesn't sell the character very well, especially at the beginning. Again, had they delivered a great series, I'd wager the whitewashitflinging would have been a non-issue.

You don't mess with Perfection, OP

the original ghost in the shell isn't even that good

No asian is going to complain about this because they have an embellished opinion of american cinema and especially someone like ScaJo. They're the last fucking people you should ask about whether this was good casting or not.

It's shitty casting just like turning Roland from the Dark Tower into a fucking black guy for no fucking reason. Idris Elba might be a good actor but he's a shitty pick anyway.

>tfw this is probably going to sell well because there isn't literally anything better to watch on cinemas right now

Hopefully it won't flop. If it's at least a financial success, then they'll try it again and sooner or later we'll get an adaption of a property that'll be great. A shitty movie doesn't diminish the existing material, whereas a movie that never gets made has no chance at achieving greatness at all.