Hunter x Hunter sucks

No, I'm not going to watch X amount of episodes waiting for it to "get good." If they can't hook me in the first few episodes then really they failed to accomplish what an anime is supposed to do. The characters are just so bland and shallow. After watching two episodes and glancing at the wiki anyone could summarize them perfectly.

Leorio is the stereotypical anti-hero motivated by greed.

Kurapika is the "my clan got murdered so I want revenge" guy. In other words, blonde Sasuke.

Killua is a Gary-Stu assassin. Started training at 3, entered a tournament at 6. Come on. Putting kill in his name makes it even worse. Reminds me of anime like "Kill la Kill" that try to be all dark and edgy but mostly only appeal to dorky 14 year old girls.

As for Gon, he should just become a meteorologist. The only interesting thing about him in the first couple of episodes is that he predicts the weather. Big deal, I can do that with my arthritis. Then for some reason when Leorio and Kurapika are about to get into a fight, which in this anime I guess just means glare angrily at each other and spout angry remarks, Gon talks down to the old sea captain trying to act all wise and stuff. It would have been a lot more believable to have the old sea captain use that line, it felt forced and out of place to have a 10 year old kid spouting words of wisdom to someone much older and more experienced than him.

Hunter x Hunter is a battle shounen with very few battles, and the few it does have are terrible. Fans excuse this as focusing on story and dialogue, only those consist entirely of tropes and stereotypes which are common in other anime, and often done better.

>his last thread got deleted so he's trying again

"They"
Can someone fucking clarify once and for all who "they" are? I'm tired of you all playing the pronoun game.

No, I'm not going to read X amount of words waiting for your post to "get good". If you can't hook me in the first few words then you really failed to accomplish what an OP is supposed to do.

It's okay user, you don't have to like it, plenty of other anime out there.
However, you should keep in mind that HxH doesn't actually suck, you're just shallow and probably dead inside.

You falling for your bait had me until
>Come on. Putting kill in his name makes it even worse. Reminds me of anime like "Kill la Kill" that try to be all dark and edgy but mostly only appeal to dorky 14 year old girls.

>Won't finish 148 episodes.
>Calls it shit.

What's the the huge amount of HxH bait threads lately?

Its literally marysue x marysue with a side of gayness

The whole thing is pretty shit except for the dodgeball episodes and politics arc. But even the politics arc still had to focus on the little white haired faggot who suddenly has a sister who can grant him any wish
Aside from the gay shit it was kinda comfy to watch

I don't know, but these threads in particular are the same faggot who uses the exact same image and the exact same style of OP every time. Yet every thread gets 100+ replies every single time without fail.

>Leorio is an anti-hero driven by greed
That's objectively wrong don't say you know the series if you've only watched a few episodes

>Leorio is an anti-hero driven by greed
Also it peaks with York New and it's only downhill after that.

But that is the most accurate sentence in this whole thread.

Spotted the 2011fag.

>Leorio is the stereotypical anti-hero motivated by greed.
Literally kill yourself.

I don't like hxh either but you need to calm down. You're taking things out of proportion and ignoring what hxh actually did right.

>only those consist entirely of tropes and stereotypes which are common in other anime

Yeah, like that trope where the bioengineered villain learns the value of the human soul and the purpose of strength and refuses to fight the "good" guy, who after genociding 99% of his race forces him to fight because of political pressure on him, fails to win, nukes himself, causes the villain to lose his memory and humanity, only to regain it and decide to spend the remainder of his time with a little girl as he and the remainder of his race dies from radiation.

Or the trope where the main character spends the climax of the story having a staring contest before sacrificing all of his potential to commit murder and then becoming irrelevant to the plot.

Or the trope where the characters introduced in the beginning as the secondary characters are irrelevant for 70% of the story.

Basically every series.

Whats your point? You literally picked out the shittiest parts of the show to prove its not like other animes

0/10 bait.

>animes

r u telling me you liked the ants

I don't get how people like you can put a great deal of effort into disliking something. If I don't enjoy something I don't go out of my way to write a thesis as to why I don't like it, I just forget about it completely and utilize my time to focus in on the things that I do actually enjoy. Congrats OP, you are autistic.

The Chimera Ant Arc is the greatest story ever told in the animated format.

XD