How likely is that we are the most intelligent species in the universe?

how likely is that we are the most intelligent species in the universe?

>solar system old as fuck
>mammal traits lead to higher intelligence

Other urls found in this thread:

simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pretty likely just cause our planet hasn't been destroyed yet by some other beings launching shit at everything.

ITT: ironic morons who never researched flat Earth or philosophy 101

>how likely is that we are the most intelligent species in the universe?

Absolutely 0% chance of this. Zero.

Lmao no. Not even the smartest beings within the Solar system.
OP, do a strong psych like DMT to get the scoop on where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

We live in an ancestor simulation created by our descendants, so yea.

What do u know about the smarter beings

aliens will be closer to starship trooper bugs than star trek. Mammalian intelligence is required to get to the point of self-awareness and our definitions of higher thought, but a very successful organism may just be able to expand its natural animal habitats into the cosmos. Tyranids/Space Arachnids/Xenomorphs= yes, space elves = no. ants though are an example of how castes and advanced """"social""""" structures can be formed even without an advanced intelligence.

>how likely is that we are the most intelligent species in the universe

In the infinite expanse that includes everything we represent an extreme. ...

If something like stars and planets are uncountable how can you ever encounter a global extreme?

not God/nature intelligence. manifest material (tech) intelligence is what I mean.

is there more to this?

Zero percent.
All you need to argue for is the existence of the same conditions as earth, somewhere, for a longer period of time.
Practically a given.

You don't even need to consider the possibility that an alien civilisation might have developed in a different, more efficient way, which is highly likely.

Intelligence as we measure it isn't even fair or objective. We have monkey brains adapted to relating three dimensional spaces so we can climb trees and communicate about it. You get into really lovecraftian shit when you start considering what forms intelligence would take for creatures adapted to non-earthlike conditions.

This isn't politics.

>interdimensional beings are our nexus between our animal plane and higher levels of awareness
>no need for spoken language, all communication is telepathic
>no defined physical form, although they can morph into something you'd recognize
>can read and absorb all of your thoughts and past experiences, down to your very first memory on Earth
>they can add said past experiences and memories to something akin to a Universal Knowledge Database
>they don't mind being asked question but don't love it either
>they are neither friendly nor hostile

simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
The way particles function at quantum levels
Double slit experiment
CERN

fuck off. solar system is one of the earliest in the universe. im not talking about multi-verse fags.

I wasted 2 hours watching Jacobs latter because you retards said it was kino

Fuck you all, it was complete trash

It took you the full length to realize it wasn't kino

A programmers way of seeing the world. Simulation v. real is semantics.

Rare Earth Hypothesis tho
>the origin of life and the evolution of biological complexity
>sexually reproducing multicellular organisms on Earth
>(and, subsequently, human intelligence)
>required an improbable combination of astrophysical and geological events and circumstances.
>complex extraterrestrial life is a very improbable phenomenon and likely to be extremely rare

I really doubt that there is any 'intelligent' life out there, life sure, but intelligent no
it's a kind of sad and a little grateful reality that we get to be a part of

pic related

half your species have imaginary friends.

neat

>having all your sperg moments and socially awkward interactions uploaded to a Universal Knowledge Database for eternity

Traps are gay user.

are we talking at this moment? maybe we are at present, plenty could have played out in the history of the universe, or could in the future.

I'm pretty sure that everything already happened and we are just watching it unfold now. I have far too much deja vu too often for that to not be the case.

also faggots, in the grand scheme of things, human history will be here and gone within the blink of an eye, there's zero chance we have a future that goes beyond this planet.

yes, if we could take a snapshot of the universe. what are the odds relative other galaxies?

deja vu easily explain by brain stem function /r/tard.

yeah, sometimes I get the sense that reality feels waking up from a dream where you're suddenly recalling what you were dreaming about and there are some parts that really stick out and others you just can't put your finger on. The parts that stick out are the deja vu and the rest is just life. Maybe that's just metamemory though and maybe it's similar to dream recall that it generates that feeling.

Actually there are several other lifeforms that can fill our niche on this planet. Any planet we can determine to have similar conditions to our own should also have life at some stage of development. Intelligent life is not really rare, sorry you don't get to feel special.

You would have learned this stuff if you got an actual STEM degree rather than one in women's studies.

It doesn't matter because we will never know.
Assuming there are other intelligent species, a fact you will never prove; every solar system is effectively quarantied from every other by the laws of physics. There is no practical way to visit or communicate with even our closest neighbouring star systems. The distances are simply too vast.

Jacob's Ladder.

Yeah, I know there are "scientific explanations" but often it's not just a feeling, there are also details.

This a good way to put it. Really made me think.

Brain stem function like breathing?

Seems pretty unlikely. There's a mind-boggling number of solar systems and planets out there that could potentially support life.

how likely it is that we were not the first primates to evolve intelligence?

Then how come gays don't like them? Checkmate, atheists.

so basically - convergent evolution. Which describes conditions of life not the conditions for life

the odds that both those conditions are repeatable in some convergent way makes more than one intelligent life in the universe that much more unlikely

Then say technologically advanced m8, because tbqh you're ruining our chances with every new post you make.

Hey OP; In terms of the universe, we're the hicks in the stix...
Pray to God we stay that way, because a higher order of intelligence would do well to exterminate us as a species. Not only do we pose an imminent threat to ourselves, we will threaten them instinctively as they are an invasive species...
Think about it, what if the most precious thing in the entire universe is liquid water? We are 90% water.

also, I hope you figure out a way to kys with that actual STEM degree

It's almost a literal impossibility.

If scientists are correct about the approximate age of the universe, and we were to take into account billions of galaxies, each containing perhaps 100 billion stars, and a certain percentage of those stars and their solar systems are conducive to supporting life as we know it, and evolution of micro-organisms begins in some primordial ooze, given the fact that our galaxy and star are not nearly among the oldest then it would become a mathematical certainty that there have been other species which existed on other planets in far away galaxies whose entire existence has already come and gone, perhaps even before humans came to exist, and in that time could have indeed come up with engineering/technological marvels we haven't come close to replicating yet.

It's also completely possible that nobody has developed technology to essentially make them omnipotent and allow them to travel across time and space in the blink of an eye. It's also entirely possible that they have developed this capability but have not had time yet to explore this area of the universe, or haven't found anything sufficiently interesting or stimulating to warrant their presence here.

fair enough

yes, also make sense other things preprogrammed. look at animals

leaf fag

What's scarier, being the only intelligent species in the universe or not being that.

Only good answer ITT. Dis nigga gets it

>human beings
>intelligent

0 chance of that pal.

My turds are smarter than 99% of Sup Forums posters.

t. Tyrone

Go back to sucking dick, faggot. It's not my fault your daddy widdled your prick.

how is not among the oldest (habitable) solar systems?

>the most intelligent species in the universe is slowly killing itself by mixing with niggers
That's quite depressing.
Thanfully the chances of that being the case are very low.

Why didn’t you just say...The Drake Equation dummy?

>when being a virgin drives you hate anybody who isn't

thanks for keeping the spirit of the word faggot alive

>projecting

Maybe if you weren't such a smarmy cunt you'd get laid for once.

Pleb

doesn't matter since all we know is inherently limited by our experience so what we know as intelligence might be completely worthless

This, look into it

You see, this is what's wrong with modern logic. We are the only known planet to host life. Therefore, it's near 100% likely that we are the most intelligent species. Science is the study of observable phenomena. Quit thinking that because there are large masses of stuff that it's the stuff you want it to be.

Blade Runner 2...greatest sci fi of all time. Nut’n even close. I hear the youngsters didn’t turn out for it...too bad. They were probably busy making socks stiff.

If you have any capability to comprehend how stupidly huge and empty the universe is, you'll realize that there are likely countless civilizations within it, but due to the sheer vastness of space it's most likely that none of them have ever met.

>projecting
maybe if you too

>Science is the study of observable phenomena.

Oh ok, let's just throw all the parts we can't directly observe into the trash, then.

The Drake Equation...do the math...the odds are near 100% that your dribble is pure turd mucous

still good to think about, no?

Fag knows what he's talking about.

i think that the reason that we exist is because the characteristics of an atom are just so.
For this reason I don't think there are aliens in that i dont think the atom is so versatile it could create two different kind of intelligence

There was something I read awhile ago about how an interstellar species would just instantly annihilate any lesser intelligent species sending out radio waves (like us) with a space shuttle sized object travelling around 50% C. Considering that hasn't happened either there are no significantly more advanced civilizations for at least 100 light years around us or aliens are either incredibly peaceful or advanced enough to not be threatened by us.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...you don’t think very well do you?

Says the phaggot who knows nothing about the UFO phenomenon.

Theyre here, the military and CIA knows it

The french even know it (see Cometa report from 99)

We are someones property

not an argument. The atom is limited in its ability for high complexity patterns like a human

Because it's less than five billion years old in a universe that's over thirteen billion years old. Also we don't have any fucking rocks from extra-solar planets so no real way to know how old they are.

As simply one of many examples consider human intelligence and a computer. Consider a quantum computer. One biological based and one silicon based or??????

We're probably one of the dumber ones. One day some alien race will take over Earth and laugh at us. They probably already do.

>how likely is that we are the most intelligent species in the universe?

0%

but computers were created while human brains happened.
the probability multiple high level intelligence "happened" is low

correct

difficult to imagine an advanced intelligence that doesn't have a mammalian foundation (i.e. physiology, lifespans, group dynamics etc.) dinosaurs would have never have advanced!

How the fuck are ants going to build interstellar space ships or survive the vacuum of space and spread to other solar systems? Use your head. The most absurd, asinine suggestion I've heard of this year.

exactly, for this reason I think if there are aliens they are probably a little human like

Maybe intelligence is not required to survive in the Universe. So i think the chances could be higher than we estimate.

Nonsense...I simply gave you an example here on earth so you could see that it is indeed possible. It doesn’t matter that the computer is the invention of man...it’s completely different than the human brain and yet it exists in our world where the atomic structure of atoms isn’t the same obviously but similar.

Tyranids aren't bugs, they're an intergalactic ecosystem. They're also ridiculously intelligent to the point of consistently defeating a galactic empire that blows reality apart as a strategy.

100%
God created the universe to support Man, the rest of it is just sterile empty space.

Diaperfag too.

Retard alert!

Mathematical niggerism, It's based on presumptions and not observation.

Very likely
Life itself is rare, complex life is unlikely and intelligent life is almost impossible..

the computer will never evolve on its own, neither will anything other than humans in this realm
its something like an evolution of realms for ones that are capable of bearing life in the sense that the life has no perception or effect by these other failed realms

Define intelligence. In all probability a giant dust cloud in space with a shitload of random currents could mimic brain activity in humans. Could have a semblance of self, could be as "intelligent" as humans. Or moreso.

>Neanderthals

why are you in every thread

Worked out pretty good for Einstein though didn’t it? His theory of gravitational lensing was eventually proven correct as were his ideas about ripples in space time. All math baby! SNAP!

I label you as retarded!

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Given the size of just the observable universe, not even the whole thing, just the parts we can see, and an ever-increasing time scale, anything with a non-zero probability (re: everything) passes from possible to inevitable.

Tyranids are intelligent though, it's just a very alien intelligence.
But they're able to create strategies.