Why don't Gen-Z kids or younger Millennials care about cars anymore, Sup Forums...

Why don't Gen-Z kids or younger Millennials care about cars anymore, Sup Forums? I was driving my younger cousin around recently (he doesn't even have a license yet despite almost being 17), and we passed a rare classic car on the road. I pointed out to him that such a car probably cost well over $100,000. His response:

>That's dumb. You can't even put TV screens in those old cars, because their electrical systems are all fucked-up. What a waste.

They see cars as computers on wheels rather than objects to be enjoyed for aesthetic purposes. "Car culture" has been a big part of life in North America for over a century (the comic strip Gasoline Alley poked fun at car culture and its importance way back in the late-1910's). Will Gen-Z kill it off? Why are they failing to uphold the car culture tradition of their ancestors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pimrJXErWgk
youtube.com/watch?v=JOVDehMkJMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably because they know they'll never afford cars like that because boomers fucked up the economy.

Dog I'm a gen x'er and I could give a fuck less about cars either. No what kind of cars I love? The one that I own that' was affordable, reliable, meets my family's needs, and isn't a money suck. The moment any of those things change I'll look to replace it with another boring SUV that meets the same criteria. Since we're all getting raped by the economy Jew these days... Spending money on fancy cars is about #342,671,458 on the list of priorities to spend money on.

They're not terribly interested in buying cheap junker cars and fixing them up in the garage like previous generations used to do, though. They have little interest in such things.

New cars are soulless plastic boxes intended for high gas mileage transportation appliances. The ones that have some kind of character are $50,000 and up. Young people can't afford $50k cars.

Classic cars? Those are the cars of their parents and grand parents who bought them at a premium to relive their younger days. Because they paid a premium they expect anyone else interested in the car to also pay a premium ontop of that because its a "cool car". Great, I could buy a 1970 Plymouth barracuda for $100,000 or pay off most of a mortgage.

Its the problem of all the older generations finally having money, spending a shitload on curios and relics because thats what they idolized when they were younger, Gen Z doesn't care as much about these cars, nor do they have the money to buy them. The exact same thing happened 50 years ago to the ford coups, model Ts, 45 Olds. Interest in these cars faded big. The ones still available in good condition are going for $25k. Just wait 4 decades and these $100k cars will be the same price as a Honda Civic. And the same question will be pondered again; why spend that much money on an unreliable antique when you could buy something modern, safe, reliable, and less costly to operate.

Does he understand that certain things are for utilitarian/aesthetic purposes?
He sounds consumed by his technology.

what are you talking about you dweeb

tfw under 30 and in love with my supercharged v8

>tfw 21 and love older cars
>tfw born in New York Shitty and can't get an older car without getting butt blasted by tests and inspections.

You can rent classics. Drive any old 911 from 70's to 80's

>commute by car
> 1 whole hour from the closest nog free and homeless free suburb during rush hour
>sitting in traffic
>Gas or electricity if you have a PHEV
>Car insurance
>Registration

vs

>Rapid Bus
>25 minute commute due to dedicated lanes
>$1.50

>V8
Kys

Cars are for niggers atm

Ethnostate is our number 1 priority...

>Car culture
something only boomers like
just like fucking retarded sport ball

t. 1.4 liter diesel cuck

anything with weight is now a liability

My brother has 5 restored pre WW2 Packards.
They were the American Rolls Royce.
They will not fit in a standard garage...YUGE !!!

Car culture is gay

you're honestly a loser if you care about cars much more than as a device to get you from point A to B. This is the only thing I see in a car I don't care too much what it looks like as long as it's not some woman colour or a mini cooper or something. As long as it gets me to my destination without eating up a tonne of fuel that's literally all I care about.

Can't afford insurance on one. It's like 2k per year here . Even if I could afford it, it just seems like such a scam, like the fact that you are forced to by it just irks me

if you dont like cars you probably grew up eating soy

Government rent seeking doesn't help. Too many rules, regulations, fees, fines, checkpoints, etc.

>pay your mileage tax in contraband sporks.
>have your royalty marry a nigger.
>let muslims rape your kids.
>draw the line at V8s because you're the product of consanguinity.

I was really into cars until I rode a sport bike for the first time havent looked back since

>no what I ...

Can you even into education.

Petrol

Driverless fags will take over soon. Then you'll be begging for car culture.

Becuase they don't get paid shit and are lucky to get an internship with a yearly stipend. How the hell do you expect them to give a shit about $100,000 cars?

it's because the younger generation lives in cities. it's hard to get by with cars in big cities, so they use public transportation, thus negating the need of getting a drivers licenses thus making them have no interest in cars.

I have my eye on a 1950's rat rod for sale near me for 4 grand. I might have to save up for it. That or a loan.

Pic is just a sample.

Also hi /o/

If you're a guy thats not into cars/car culture, then you're a fag that likes dicks instead

Some care about cars, just their cars suck.
Subarus and Hondas.
Old stuff is hard to figure out if its anything more than a cold air intake and catback exhaust.

Dad used to Street race in Flint Mi and was part of the underground car culture of the midwest. I grew up in it. It's very rare to meet people like that. most new gens just dont get it. They dont know what it mans to be a man, work hard, and have a bad ass ride like that.

>my cousin is a fag so everyone else must be

>havent looked back since
oh a biker that doesn't shoulder-check, what a fucking surprise

You sound like an old boomer who hates "the young folks." Also, what fucking purpose would one have owning a car that's decades old?

>1970 Plymouth barracuda for $100,000
Im an old car guy but new hemi is best hemi for $100k Millennials dont have the skills or desire to fix old things up but asking them to dump six figures on some old shit a Drag Hawk JEEP SUV could blow the doors off is ridiculous

I like cars but I don't obsess over them. I can appreciate a classic, but I don't want to restore and maintain one.

i can easily replace any replaceable part in a pre-1990 vehicle, save for assembling a transmission, but just try to fucking do anything with a modern car. shit sucks and definitely not a fun thing to do on a sunday afternoon with a beer.

>Jaun's are literally flooding your country along with muzzies
>Jews literally whip your ass
>Niggers

It's alive here, people out racing every weekend.

>you're a loser if you like something past its function

You must be a pretty swell guy, user.

My basic test for whether or not I'll probably get along with you: Did you watch Top Gear (the real one with Clarkson/May/Hammond), and/or do you currently watch the Grand Tour.

Basic test for whether or not you're a qualified adult male is if you can drive a vehicle with a standard transmission. Everything else was easy mode invented to enable women and gooks to operate vehicles with the rest of us non-retarded people, shitting up the roads and causing massive amounts of accidents.

You're over-generalising, OP. I'm 18 so fall under Gen Z, and when I was in school cars were still very much a topic of social discussion

This topic will lead to war in the future. Leftists will ban manual driving within 30 years. Can't believe there's anyone on pol who is anti-car.

Why the fuck are there so many 35+ year olds shitting up this board?

Nah bro your dad was blowing niggers in the alleyways. The cars were a front.

where's the lie?

This. Also this applies to everything else in this world thats currently going out of business like newspapers. They keep hiking the price of the nypost and daily news, but no one buys that shit anymore. The 45 to 80 year old generation are living in an alternate reality. They think people will still buy their 800k dollar houses(asians will eventually)

Because they either have no interest in cars or are only about the sporty fast cool cars. I'm a millenial, as much as I loathe saying that, but I love classic and old cars. My favorite by far has to be the '57 Chevy Bel Air 4 door. Put that sucker in sea foam green or a bright red with white, slap on some matching fuzzy dice on the mirror and you have one snazzy car.

Cars have gotten much less user friendly in their aspirations to become 'green vehicles'. It's going to get worse as they become more and more computerized.

If Electric cars become a thing, it will be the death of the enthusiast automobile.
>Whoops, the cars computer can't authorize that modification because of regulations with your highly volatile explosive batteries.

cars cant be fixed by yourself anymore, fixing a car is more like fixing a broken hard drive now instead of the good ol days when we could drop an engine, replace a few peices and then put it back in, in a single day in the parking space.

if you try to take my manual truck from me, you die. I don't care who the fuck you are. We /o/ now.

this. new cars are literally made out of plastic and styrofoam. very few are attractive, they are modeled for aerodynamics instead of style, all cookie cuter and boring, there's nothing cool about them. they all have milk carton sized engines with none of the balls of older cars. i don't expect every car on the road to be a pony car/muscle car or supercar, but ffs they need to get it together.

make cars cool again.

It's not worth fixing old cars anymore unless you are rich like Jay Leno. Even he has trouble fixing old cars that he has to 3D print parts he can't find.

>cars are expensive
>insurance is expensive on anything until you hit 23-25
>low job opportunities = less disposable income
>draconian law enforcement sucks whatever possible enjoyment there could be driving on the street (points/license suspension and subsequent dramatic insurance increase)
>track days cater to rich boomers who pay $400-600 a day for one
>working on cars kinda sucks (being real, 70% of people just do it because either you pay a flunky who went to tech school $120/hr to do it while he makes $15/hr or you suck it up and do it)
>urbanization = less of a "need" to get a driver's license when they can take public transportation/bike/uber everywhere

Its more the 3rd point, op's question can also be "why don't young people have careers/move out of their parents house". plenty of millenials love playing racing games and watching automotive youtubers. its just insane how much money this hobby can suck out of your wallet. plenty of young people love motorcycles though.

Cars need roads, and I'm not very fond of roads

Cars are a literal waste of energy and materials

car ownership will approach 0
there will be fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to be rented out on demand for close to nothing

I love driving, but I purposefully avoid it because I live in the city and driving is such a stressful nightmare. Everybody is a braindead fucking moron because licenses are just passed out to anybody with an IQ of >40. Plus, everybody these days is a zombie staring at their phone the whole time instead of focusing on the road. I live in an apartment complex so I don't have a comfy garage to work on any cars in. I yearn to move out of this shithole and to a nice comfy rural area where I can drive on winding, empty backroads all night.

>cars cant be fixed by yourself anymore,
I have a habit of only buying older 90s model cars. They may only last a few years, but at least I can still wrench on them.

Best car ever was my 85 Benz 300 turbo diesel. I have lawntractors that are harder to work on.

You have to have a job to own a car. Poltards take the bus or get a ride from mommy or daddy and will never know the feeling of a b18 with a PTE 6766 Turbo on E85.

>ride a bus with well over 2k usd in tools
Might as well wear a sign that says NIGGERS in north minneapolis durring rush hour.

People just don't have money like they used to and government forcibly extracts what little they do have

I believe in that too. Cars are way too expensive

1. Some of us are actually trying to afford a house soon.
2. A fuck ton of us are but can't afford a house with extra car space for a beater, or to properly build a car. I do live in California
3. Any cheap manual rear wheel drive car has gotten the "drift tax"

that car looks like it was made for a woman

Mostly because trade skills have been cut from public school programs like shop class in favor of funding faggot shit. Kids today are told to go to college no matter what so they never develop any practical skills that all men should know. This is because (((they))) want a society that is disposable and distracted. Cars are appliances... broken? Take it to someone and get cucked on the repair or just throw it away and get new. Washing machine broken? Buy a new one. Fridge compressor broken with a $140 replacement part? Just buy a whole new fridge.

This is affecting men 100 times more than women. Women were always useless and never interested in such things (they weren't expected to be) nor were they relied on to fix or build (husband is man of the house and he maintains the home etc).

Car
>Freedom of movement
>Can drive anywhere you want and stop when you want
>Can lock up your shit inside of it and carry large items with ease
>Paying registration once a year doesn't break the bank
>Paying under $150 a month for basic insurance, not expensive basic living expense
>Insurance gets cheaper over time and there are things you can do to get cheaper insurance (high school/college kids can get student discounts for good GPA etc).
>Gets you laid, no date wants to ride the bus
>people masturbate on bus

The costs of a car are cheap and the benefits are great. You

PuliKEK Transporation
>At mercy of transportation routes and schedule
>Can't stop and go where you want, need to plan around routes
>no guaranteed seating
>Niggers, homeless and spics occupy the bus 99% of the time
>Smells like shit
>Can't carry large items without hassle, can't even move furniture easily.
>If you fall asleep you can miss a stop and be delayed severely
>Need to guard your possessions from shitskin thieves
>repels women

Bus
youtube.com/watch?v=pimrJXErWgk

Car
youtube.com/watch?v=JOVDehMkJMk

Simple choice unless you intake too much soy.

B15... You have to go back.

you miss the point of the car beyond it's utility.

a car isn't just a tool to get you somewhere, it is a creation of ingenuity, something that reflects the genius of the human race for it to exist in the first place. it is something to take pride in, some cars are beautiful works of art. we didn't have cars barely 100 years ago. now we have vehicles that can go over 200 mph. you are taking what the car itself is, for granted.

but what should i expect, you probably ride around on kangaroos.

>90s kid
>couldn't care less about cars

Canada’s economy has been broken and we are being colonized and culturally and racially genocided and paying for it! Soulless chinks ruling over a balkanized mess is our future, looks runderfol!

Maybe because kids these days don't want a shit box that has trouble climbing a hill due to its poultry 110hp. Didn't have access to a 12 Rotor rotary motor back in 1956 did you? Fuck you grandpa, back to your model T.

Lol, fuck cars, I hate driving, it is so anti-human. God damn America's design, I have lived there for 3 years nearly and it is made for the automobile, you can't walk anywhere unless you live in the city, and you can't walk anywhere in the city, unless you want to get killed by niggers.

I vow to run every autonomous cross country truck off the road and rob it untill a driver becomes manditory.

The same thing could be applied to anything

You sound like a fag. Cars are awesome.

Sorry bro. You wasted your money on the car Jew hoping to get pussy like life is some boomer advertisement fantasy. Go buy an actual hobby instead.

I love cars, though. All us 90s kids grew up on Cruisin USA, The Fast and the Furious, etc.

nah I tend to reality instead of fetishizing a hunk of metal that almost everyone has nowadays. Car fags I've known tend to be almost faggots, they forsake gf's for drifting with da bois and would fuck their cars if it was anthropomorphic enough I have no doubt.

Ironic that Muslims began Germany's lorry culture

I honestly didntimd paying the high taxes when Canada was 90% white.

But now? I'd rather just fuck around and not work than have over half my income going to subsidize shit skins that hate me and want me and my people dead

A lot of major cities on the west coast like LA have shit public transportation and you are fucked without a car. I don't know what you are talking about. I lived in CA which is the largest automobile market in the US and kids cucked by soy diets and bitch-made feminist programming from public schools wouldn't drive until 20. Yet they live in a place where if you want to work or go to school you pretty much NEED car and having no car essentially handicaps you because you are stuck. People here for wagecuck jobs ask "Do you have transportation?" because they don't want to hire some bitch who can't drive to work on time.

You should know how to maintain a vehicle and other common machinery as a man. Men need to be able to fix and maintain not buy new or be cucked by a repair bill. That is what women do. I've had to help several millennial cucks do basic things like jump their car battery, check their oil, and put air in their tires. They are clueless they don't know how to use tools or figure out basic problems that aren't on a college or SAT exam.

This is one of the gayest threads ever. Cars are a great white man activity and extremely useful skill set to know about. BUT car guys are generally kinda gay and weird. Any man who is anti car is a faggot plain and simple

Post a pic of your gf

back to your videogames soyboy

Because before they have a chance to like them, they're forced to buy a "safe" appliance by their parents.

>MUH CHARACTER
Right, and Japanese motorcycles have no soul. A $20k new out the door miata has more character than your twin turob V6 sport-luxury-sedan abomination.

I'm 25 and don't have a license. How fucked am I?

My bike gets me way more pussy than any car could except for some exotic (which would still be slower) and I barely paid 5k for it

I fix my house constantly and grow a pretty sizeable veggie patch and have a chicken coop, that's more than enough for me. 1 man cannot learn everything especially when I can repair my car for cheap when I have friends who already know these things.

>That is what women do. I've had to help several millennial cucks do basic things like jump their car battery, check their oil, and put air in their tires. They are clueless they don't know how to use tools or figure out basic problems that aren't on a college or SAT exam.
I still don't get this, do people not know how to use the internet? Even if you don't know how to change a tire, you should be able to find out easily enough.

ah, so what you're really saying is

>boohoo some ricer chad with a sick spoiler on his car fucks a girl i like, i would treat her much better, she would be m'lady

i can hear your fedora tipping all the way from the USA, bogan.

You wouldn't forsake m'ladies for a night out with the boys.

What are you trying to communicate with this post?

>they forsake gf's for drifting with da bois

Not the fault of the car. Men usually follow hobbies with bros over sluts. That's what Men do, faggots spend their time carrying their woman's shit around the mall. With women being so expensive and toxic as they are today it's a easy choice.

tfw single, qt3.14 gf, 2400 sq ft house, 6 cars, 3 of which are race cars, two car garage stuffed with thousands of dollars of snapon and craftsman tools, knowledge to fix things. Feels good you fags. Get off your gay computers and get a life kek

because they can't afford them with the job market so they mentally avoid liking them

Confidence issues will always stop someone pursuing little things like that. I moved out at 16 and I had to be shown 3 times how to jack a car by the time I was 20 simply because I was scared I would fuck up and ruin something.

Lol

>posts faggot charriot
lel