Does the "Yujiro" form make any sense from a real martial arts point of view?

Does the "Yujiro" form make any sense from a real martial arts point of view?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUbFf0Hyr00
bato.to/comic/_/comics/baki-dou-r11920
spinybackmanga.com/mangalove/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itō_Ittōsai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't read the manga. What's going on?

No. Are you retarded?

Baki is not about making sense in the first place.

The heir of Tokugawa is a battle junkie and loves to see fighting.

After some events, this person resurrected a man conserved in salt from 190 million years ago. This man died consisted on T-rexes and other dinosaurs and nowadays it's known as "Pickle", then the main cast of characters faced off this Pickle and got utterly destroyed, except of the two main characters, Baki and Yujiro.

Some time later as the Tokugawa-dono and everyone else was bored he cloned and resurrected Miyamoto Musashi, who, then again, is destroying the main cast.

Then a cloned resurrected Musashi Miyamoto is fighting against an impossible caveman who is alive after 190 million years.

why not?

even if exaggerated, at least in the first series most techniques made sense.

Also they are fighting because Pickle would only eat strong opponents, and as such he now wants to eat Muashi.

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=vUbFf0Hyr00

any relevant timestamp?

>ripping out your optic nerves from your neck

I love how Itagaki keeps drawing Musashi according to hi famous self portrait.

also that throw back to the 2nd series art style with pickle.

I guess, it's a good stance to bait the opponent to attack while keeping a decent defense.

A fast jab to the jaw would be impossible to deflect/parry with the arms so stretched out, te only good thing I see is that, precisely because of that you can throw a kick while they punch you and break some ribs.

yujiros stance isnt a combat stance so much as it is a physiological one. he does it to 'activate' the muscles in his back, from where we are to believe his unusual power stems.

for him its not about preparedness to counter you, its about becoming the most powerful him and to exert his dominion over you

No, but Yujiro can do whatever the fuck he wants

the fuck

It makes sense in that the only characters that have done it can tank gunshots, so it doesn't matter what stance they are in.

But, like said, it's more of an intimidation thing.

Just Baki man, it's a fun ride.

And no one has the slightest idea what will come next after the Musashi arc... aliens? time travellers? Mechas? Ancient egyptians? Ghosts? Interdimensional yujiros?

Part 2 needs rescans. most of it is hard to make sense of.

Yuujiro's stance is not about technique. It's about intimidation. It's the image of predatory mammals raising their bodies to make themselves look bigger. Surely you read part of the first series?

By-the-by, I should like to preemptively apologize right now for the error made in our upload of Dou 119. The page that isn't redrawn had a number of specific issues involved with its existence in general, and I completely forgot to have it redrawn after the issues were resolved, so I accidentally approved it for uploading. It's not okay for me to have done that, since not everyone reads on Batoto or the 'official' site so, again, my apologies. It will be fixed in a day or so in those places, when a redrawer is available.

>All the scars on Baki are just from the Yasha Ape fight

I was so disappointed by this.

I want to be bullied by Emi

Find us staff to do it, and we'll do it. It's hard enough to manage both Grappler and Dou; and nobody else seems to want to work on Baki so, until we're done with Grappler, we're all kinda stuck with those scans.

bakis manga its la ready finish?

Oh, hi there One, good job on the scanlations, as always. I noticed one page was weird but I don't think the speed readers will notice.

No

Its the only martial arts that make any sense.

If you aren't emulating Yurijo, then you're not a martial artist.

I want to find you staff for Tough part 1 too.

sauce of the new manga please

Danny? jedah?

bato.to/comic/_/comics/baki-dou-r11920

would take you 4 seconds to find it, but whatever

spinybackmanga.com/mangalove/

NANI?!

>baki
>sense

HahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahesHahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahes

that ain't our problem, as I recall
we passed it off to Illuminati, so go harass them
I say "passed it off", but that's not quite right - they said that they would be willing to do it if they had a redrawer. I and a redrawer repeatedly waited in their IRC, emailed them, left forum messages, etc in order to make them pick it up, and they never responded in any form. So it's their responsibility.

Remember when Doppo was almost Baki's level?

it's another musashi kills everybody episode

GREAT now finally has a manga to read

I know man, but I like your quality way better than Illuminati's.

Can i start reading from here even if i've never touched baki before?

Pickle? Are you learning english?

I wouldn't recommend it, even if it's a long series that can appear to be intimidating, it's one hell of a ride and worth every bit of it. The pity is that part 1 isn't fully scanlated even if some nice guys are doing the best they can to release it, the anime series covers the second arc pretty damn well.

Then the second series has some duwang or worse translations as seen here but it's still a fun read.
The third one is fully scanlated with better quality and the 4rth is currently ongoing.

You mean higher than Baki's level?

Regardless, that was the point of the second and third manga: for Baki to surpass them. He was probably a little bit above-par with them all at the end of the second series, and the third series was him bridging the gap between the main cast and Yuujiro.

Part 1 still needs some fixes though

Just start from the second series. You won't miss anything particularly important that won't be flashed-back to at one point or another. You won't know who like only 2 characters are (Gaia and Motobe), and they only show up briefly once or twice in the second and third series.

Nobody really likes Dou [yet], because its only 'full' arc so far has yet to end, at over 150 chapters. Every other arc in the manga is, at most, 70-90 chapters.

i'll watch the anime.
and then continue the manga.

It's more important to *finish* it than it is to fix the nonsense. That's how I justify not fixing that stuff, anyway. Haven't you ever noticed how inconvenient it is to get any random person into the series because of the incomplete first manga, and then the disagreeable anime series, and the random inconsistent censorship in the anime series (renaming characters, some characters surviving for no reason), and so on?

The concept exists in Kendo's jodan kamae. Your only defense is your "killing intent" or "spiritual pressure" keeping the opponent from exploiting your openings.

Coño! Un colega español!

Doppo was not stronger than Baki

Mods = cucks

ok

Strong is beautiful

Hey i like Dou. Also Convicts and Maximun Tournament are both longer than Musashi arc.

Yah well, until you guys are done, that's the "rite of passage" into Baki. Either that, or diving into the raws as we did.

He's just playing along Doppo's

I liked when Yujiro used actual techniques and not just brute force.

>Convicts
Just barely; it's 158 chapters. Musashi isn't ending any time soon, so there's that.
>Tournament
Fair enough, I forgot. That's about 190 chapters.

Yujiro is one of my favorite villains in anime and manga. He is the human version of the saying ''there is always someone, who is better than you''. And the fact that Baki did not beat him in their big fight (which i want to see animated, so bad), makes him even better. How often do you see a manga, where the MC has to train to beat somebody, but he doesnt win?

>Baki
>making sense from a real martial arts point of view

>even if exaggerated, at least in the first series most techniques made sense.
The first series involved Shinogi blinding people by attacking their necks, other-Shinogi with his supervillain medical experiments, Gaia with his magic scream bullshit, Yujiro stopping an earthquake, Hanada going to the gym to do a single lift while bleeding out his nose and then leave, etc.

>How often do you see a manga, where the MC has to train to beat somebody, but he doesnt win?
Ashita no Joe, Ippo, I guess Rookies in a vaguer sense
Those are three that immediately came to mind

>Ashita no Joe
I just watched the first five episodes today.

Yeah, but unlike barehanded, you can strike from that pose if you're holding a sword.

WHY DO THEY ALL NEED TO HAVE THIS ROUND ENDED NOSE
IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ALL HAVE A BIG FAT PIMPLE RIGHT AT THE END OF THEIR NOSES
I COULDN'T READ THIS WITHOUT THINKING OF EVERYONE POKING EVERYONE'S NOSE

Imaginary ramen rage is no joke mate, Yujiro lost that fight, he even said so himself.

Baki also said that he himself lost. That's why they're now "World's Strongest Creature" and "World's Strongest Boy" as opposed to whatever; you can't share the title if it's the concept of 'single most powerful'.

hey I like dou a lot!

I'm too intelligent to read this.

Actually Yujiro said he no longer had the right to call himself the strongest being on the planet.

Nah you are to retarded if you cannot enjoy it's silliness and still grasp the concepts Itagaki explores during the series.

t. genuine retard

Vagabond Musashi is unrealistic because he is too zen and he actually seems like he does not enjoy fighting and all he does is for his inner self
Baki's Musashi LOVES fighting and is almost the complete opposite of the Vagabond as everything he does is to gain recognition and to be known.

I guess the real Musashi would be a mix of the two.

Why are you on this thread again?

I started reading from the beginning maybe 3 weeks ago and for part 1 I just stopped when the translations stopped and moved onto part 2. You can jump into you can do that and you will get enough context on the things that happened towards the end of part 1 that haven't been translated yet. The only hurdle I really had was one or two characters being introduced that I hadn't seen in enough detail.

>Actually Yujiro said he no longer had the right to call himself the strongest being on the planet.
That's not quite what he says; we should probably fix that at some point. The translator at the time liked to add flavor; I doubt that he imagined that the line might become a real point of discussion. This page reads:
>You made me... You made the World's Strongest stand in the kitchen.
>My selfishness can go no further than this.
>Here...
And then the next page goes:
>You take the name[/title]...
>Of the World's Strongest.

So that's what it says.

Out of curiosity, which characters were those? Jack and Retsu? Jack and Shibukawa?

Shame that the best character fell out of relevance

Are any of the characters in that page relevant anymore?

He had/has two full-on spinoffs, I'd hardly say that's irrelevant. Plus, he got to show that his grip strength matched Pickle in SoO.

Hmmm I see, this is interesting, what was Baki's answer?

Because if I recall correctly he refused to acknowledge that.

Hanayama has his sidestories, Speck is dead, Kozue is irrelevant. Baki is still relevant, though, because it's his goddamn manga.

well one is dead, one is a woman, one is too weak to matter and one is fucking around for a few hundred chapters

so naw

so he was relevant in the mid 2000's?

Just as Ichigo was relevant in the last arc of Bleach right?

>Vagabond Musashi is unrealistic because he is too zen
m8... the real musashi was painting and writing books...

When he was like 40+ not in his 20's while killing the entire Yoshioka dojo.

>mid 2000's
Scarface ended in February, 2016. So, no.

That part was translated right. Baki says that Yuujiro smashed him to the point of leaving because he assumed the fight was over, etc, refuses the title. They're the strongest parent and child in the world.

You shouldn't compare the two.

Anime Baki OVA was so handsome.

There's charm in the artists grotesque caricatures of human beings, but sometimes I wish it all looked like that old ova.

>Jack and Retsu
Jack for sure. I believe retsu had a tussle in the locker room before the cutoff.

Last thing I remember were the reserves being found in the break room defeated.

Vagabond's musashi's entire character arc has been from going from that point to the other.

He's gotten pretentious as he's improved and witnessed the greatness of the real masters.
I like how his farmland saga began from him just being stubborn and hypocritical.

>So that's what it says.
But what does it MEEEEEAN

The animation of the OVa and the animation of the Doppo vs Gouki fights are awesome.

why?

But there's never shown the part of his personality where he enjoys fighting, he is just pursuing strength, and if you are going to dedicate your life to something you choose it's because you enjoy it.

Hm, I thought that the first third or so sufficiently showed how much he enjoyed it, though I guess the way he was always on edge might make it seem not so.

Regardless, Vagabond's an adaptation of some novel, which I presume characterizes musashi like that.

>But there's never shown the part of his personality where he enjoys fighting
That was pretty much *all* that the Takezou arc was about.

>Doppo vs Gouki
Kousho vs Kureha was done by the same staff. And some other fight I'm forgetting.

In the first third they show how much he enjoys killing and having his revenge on... well... everything, not fighting and the sword.

Yeah Eiji Yoshikawa Musashi novelization, and it's from that book that the current day of Musashi was conformed as a master swordsman, before that he was renown for his sculptures and paintings as a renaissance man.

Actually there are better documented samurais that had survived more duels than Musashi after him, but somehow they are not so captivating to the public eye, such as Tsukahara Bokuden.

>samurai that had survived more duels than Musashi after him ... such as Tsukahara Bokuden
>Bokuden had died 13 years before Musashi was born
>According to Tokitsu Kenji, saint Tsukahara fought his first duel to the death at the age of 17 and won. Then, he duelled again 19 times and fought in 37 battles.
ok

Yeah I had my facts mixed, I think he is better documented as a Samurai than what Musashi ws.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

I forgot how puffy everyone was on early Baki

From what I can see, he's about as well-documented as Musashi is, if not worse. Almost everything on the man appears to be anecdotal. Dunno where you're finding documentation.

On the subject of less-captivating Japanese swordsmen in general, though, there's always Itou Ittousai. He's my personal favourite.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itō_Ittōsai
He's fictionalized in Vagabond, but his actual life seems pretty badass.

>the latest raw is even more musashit

Why didn't he seal the deal lads?

Memetobe was meant to be our savior but he let Musashi live, is this part of an even bigger ruse on his part? Is he memeing on a plane that we can't even predict anymore?

His point was that it's better to fight people without killing them, I think.