Would you vote for a gay, Christian President?

What are your thoughts in general on LGBT Christians?

"History is written from the perspective of those who preserve their records," proclaimed Mark Bowman, the founder and director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Religious Archives Network (LGBT-RAN). Standing before 300 people who work for LGBT acceptance in their Christian churches, Mark opened the conference, "Rolling the Stone Away," to remember the history of the LGBT movement and to look toward future needs.

At this gathering in St. Louis, 50 founders, movers and shakers of the LGBT Christian movement shared their stories to preserve a valuable piece of history. The wheelchairs parked on one side said a lot about the age of these pioneers.

"I found myself tapping into a place of grief and alienation," Mary Ann said of that meeting. "In my heart's eye, I saw faces of men and women I know whose sexual orientation is gay or lesbian and who live compassionately, justly yearning for a return of compassion and justice on the part of a church they love. I thought of men and women whose passion for wholeness in relationship is lived in deep commitment to life-long same-sex partners. I heard deep in my own being, their struggle to find a home in our church. … Around that meeting table, I was compelled to speak on their behalf, to tell the story of the beauty of their relationships, and to offer an alternative ethic of sexuality."

In her outgoing address as President of LCWR in 2003, Mary Ann Zollman shared that story and went on to describe her feelings, using the image of two trees. "I could feel my roots moving toward theirs and they leaning toward me as together we want nothing more than to shape a home space for those who are 'other.' " She could resonate with their feelings because they were similar to the ache of homelessness she felt as a woman in the church.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
youtube.com/watch?v=01L_cQBu_fg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Gay
>Christian
Pick one

In doing this you will serve to further drive women towards gays and away from the church, as is already happening.

Depends. Is the candidate 'married' or 'unified' with their partner?

depends on his stance on policy, people that do or dont vote for people based on character traits or mental illness rather than accuall policy are retarded

Married with kids.

>if you stick to your principles, you will lose
>if you abandon your principles, you will win, even though there's no point in winning
Thank you for blackpilling us. On a side note, I wouldn't mind a "gay and Christian" man who successfully battles with the temptation to sin, but he would have to be reasonably proven to be as celibate as a monk, and there's very few attracted to the office who could ever fit that profile. Besides, he would be subject to all sorts of identitarian vitriol from the gay community for his beliefs and his policies, if he were truly Christian.

>alternative ethics to sexuality
If they are Christian, the only ethics they should care about are from the Bible, and the Bible makes it very clear the stance on homosexuality. Like how is this a thing? There is a gay council now? Just help out Christains who struggle with these sins, but dont act like they should ignore what is said in the Bible. Difference between acceptance and sympathy.

>Would you vote for a gay, Christian President?

might as well vote for a unicorn

>gay
>christian
Being gay is heresy.

Hard maybe.
I protest the use of the term 'marriage' to describe a homosexual union, but it's a harshly superficial thing to just to cause me to say "No."

It's not heresy, it's simply sexual sin.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (Read More...)

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Mark 10:6-9 - But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (Read More...)

Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 7:2 - Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; (Read More...)

Romans 1:27 - And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32 - Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Do you know what heresy means?

I wasn't correcting you're post.

your*

Just saying but christians don't have to care about the laws of the old testament-that's why we can eat pork and shrimps etc

That is true, but it's a sin to have sex with another man, It's says to flee sexual immorality, which would mean they cannot be a married gay couple and Christian at the same time.

Can you be divorced and Christian? What about those who beat their wives? Anything in the Bible against that?

Once you give yourself up to God, have faith that Jesus Christ died for your sins, the holy spirit would push you to separate and flee what you were doing before.

What are your sins?

Theologians tend to separate the laws described in the old testament into three categories: judicial, ceremonial and moral. Judicial and ceremonial laws are considered specific to either the national or religious contexts, some of them decreed by God but for the purposes of asceticism and cementing the Jewish covenant with God. The moral laws are those which forbid or encourage things because they are considered innately moral or immoral, so they don't lose their relevance for Christians.

Catholics would say divorce is not allowed. Separation is allowed in a situation involving an abusive husband but not remarriage. A marriage can be "anulled" though. This is where the Church decides that the vows were compromised by deception or malintent or misapprehension on one or both parties when beginning the marriage. The idea is that this means they were never really married in the first place. e.g. It turns out your wife was deliberately planning to cheat on you from the beginning, or there was some coercion involved or anything subverting the freedom of choice on behalf of both participants.

You're missing the point. Once you've accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and personal savior the holy spirit will come into you, and help you flee from sin. You cannot just be a happy married homosexual, that would mean the holy spirit isn't helping you flee, probably because you don't want to flee it.

I am unworthy of eternity with God because of my sins, like everyone else. That's why Jesus died for us user.

discord gg/XB5FX3u

add a .

No such thing as a gay Christian. I'd vote for a gay, though... If the vote was to toss them from building head first.

Double no

God didn't lower a blanket full of dildos and glitter you subversive fucking cunt.
The lifting of the pork ban was specifically addressed in the Book of Acts with a divine vision to Saint Peter.
I fucking hate you gay lying cunts and Revelations makes it perfectly clear all faggots are going into a lake of fire.
Fucking die you vile sodomite trash.

closet

>Christian
>Uses texts that have nothing to do with Christ.
I'm homosexual, but I believe in Natural Law (and thereby classical liberalism) as inspired by the teachings of Christ.

I believe the teachings of Christ were inspired by Roman propaganda.

fpbp

Are you brain dead user?
>I'm homosexual
lol n/m
>Uses texts that have nothing to do with Christ.
You realize that Jesus came to fulfill the Prophesies in the OT.
Are you claiming only Jesus Christ' words are the only thing that matters to Christians or are the only thing that makes a Christian, a Christian? If so, you are sorely mistaken.

Vote for a faggot that cant even follow his own desert shitskin religion properly?

Nope.

Yes, the words of Christ is literally the only thing that matters in Christianity.

Believing Jesus Christ died for your sins is all that is require for an eternity with God. You're just trying to minimize how important both the OT and the NT are. They re here for us to utilize and understand the contexts.

Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

What do these words mean to you user? Do you think Jesus wanted you to just throw away the Word?

If we didn't read any of the books in the Bible, we wouldn't be able to verbally defend ourselves against the ones who seek to destroy us. For instance, the OT is great for learning how to argue against 'jews" (not real jews).

Err, i should probably clarify this post, I mean the people who ended up not believing in the same God as Abraham just as Jesus himself pointed out to the Pharisees.

>'jews" (not real jews)

nah

>romans
>supported a religion that was against their pedophilic and other sexual practices

>Faggot
>Schizophrenic
Why would I ever?

>being a sodomite
Hell is for ever!

>australia
>land of the sodomite damned
youtube.com/watch?v=01L_cQBu_fg

discord gg/BWSJJA

add a .

>Gay
>Muslim
Are they going to commit suicide?

Few are saved not many.
If someone wants to be Christian and inherit Heaven, they must combat inherent human desire to commit sins of the flesh, not rejoice and take pride in them.
>work for LGBT acceptance in their Christian churches
Church accepts anyone, as Christ accepts anyone, who sees their wrongdoing, believes in Christian faith and fixes errors of their ways.
To accept those who stay in sin and darkness, would be to sentence them to Hell everlasting, for they would never mend their ways and would walk the broad path straight to damnation.

Well if someone is gay and proclaims himself to be Christian, and believes that he is saved, then he committed heresy.

What do you mean by 'is' gay? That he's attracted to the same sex, or that he lives a homosexual lifestyle? I assume latter sinceyour other post.

Not everyone who makes a false or deceitful comment on a religious matter is a heretic. I mean, he might be, sure, if he's familiar with church doctrine and departs from it willingly and obstinately, but not every misguided peasant or poorly catechised kid is a heretic. Also, you are Catholic, right? I thought it is against Catholic preference to say 'saved' as if someone can know in finality the state of their soul.

Anyway, hope I don't come off as argumentative. I like Poles and Christians generally.

bump

Probably not since that's automatic hypocrisy right there. We might get the Sodom and Gomorrah treatment should that happen.