Quitting Facebook

>inb4 normalfag

Hey /pol, I was wondering if any of you had experiences with quitting Facebook, what happened for you afterwards etc.

I've basically made the choice already, just need to download some pictures etc and tidy up. Then I'll close my account. Anything I should keep in mind?

I deleted mine back in 2010. dont miss it one bit. dont over think it. just hit delete

Go through your history and make sure nothing is showing up, like 'user Liked Funny Image Group' that is now posting lewd and degerate stuff even though they didnt before. Un-Like all that stuff if you can. Let your friends know you are quitting, and just leave a few family images up so people know who you are.

I am sure I missed a bunch. Also change your password before you quit and write that down somewhere. I quit years ago and didnt miss it from day one.

I just quit not too long ago in a gambit to stop being away at night scrolling the jewbook.
Now I stay up all night scrolling 4chins which has a lot more nugger but a lot less pictures of handmade guitars.
I hate everyone.

I don't need to quit it, I was smart enough to not join Twatter or Facecuck

deleted it last year post election salt was giving me high blood pressure

just use the delete facebook mobile url and wait it out

your life won't change in the slightest , except your brain will be filled with less garbage and you'll be more inclined to seek your info elsewhere

I deleted mine years ago but now I got one again, just for keeping in contact with people I haven't asked for their number or literally can't because they left the country or are somewhere I can't reach them in other ways.
same for events I don't know about because you can only see them on FB or to join groups if they give out food or resources for free or to stay uptodate with what's happening in your city. things you wouldn't know otherwise like jobs opening up, somebody you knew has literally died, your friend going to some event and he didn't ask you so now you know and can ask to tag along etc etc.

you don't need it but that's FB is good for. it's good to socialize and keep relationship dynamic and interesting. it's a shit life if you don't do that so it's a bit tricky without FB entirely because you never know when you need to look up somebody just so you can reach out to them because you have a hard time seeing and meeting them in real life for whatever reason. FB should be a tool that's helping you and that's why it's probably better to have one than not nowadays.

you don't even need to go full normie on that shit either.

This is what I did, didn't delete my account but rescinded my activity to next to nothing, I actually went further and deleted all pictures of myself on there. I only use it if I need to view links which require a Faceberg account. It didn't take much willpower to quit honestly since the site is so purely cancerous.

No one I know (and I do have quite a few normie friends) is using it regularly anymore other than for groups or to look at some shitty viral videos. I made my last post in early February 2014 and have since cleaned up everything. I'm not going to close my account, because some groups are actually really decent.

if you try to quit Sup Forums you'll just end up spending all night reading archives of alt.flame.niggers from 1995 and fantasizing about traveling back in time and amazing everybody with your high level futuristic nigger memes

I deleted all my shit over a year ago, no regrets. It's less drama in my life and now I spend more time doing things I actually enjoy.

I haven't had a facebook since freshmen year of highschool so I felt like a cool little rebel faggot for deleting it. I don't use social media because I don't want to filter my thoughts for the sake of others

It's depressing. Everyone I know shares dumb click bait bullshit, and pretends to be happy. I've been on and off it so many times.... it doesn't seem to matter anymore. I feel like it's dying, or maybe to me the normie culture makes me feel dead.

Like we are just here to share other peoples shit

I quite back in 2012, just download all your pictures. You won't miss it, and your relationships with people who are actually important in your life will grow stronger. Let people know though, something like, "I'm deleting my facebook, I can be reached at "WhatsApp, Email, Etc..."

Good for you, glad you could stop being a faggot.

>I was wondering if any of you had experiences with quitting Facebook
deleted my account years ago
>Anything I should keep in mind?
make sure you have the cellphone numbers of your mates?

you make it sound like leaving fb is one of the most difficult things ever

Checked

Just delete your account user and if you need it in the future to contact ppl through messenger make a fake account and don't add any friends. I have a fake account that I use to communicate with a bunch of people on through messenger and follow a few rightwing pages.

> I actually went further and deleted all pictures of myself on there

come on bro they are still there on a server somewhere, you have already been profiled and your social contacts and behavior have been mined

you cant escape it, only people who are safe are the ones that never went there and have strong privacy protections and opsec

t. ghost

ATTACK FROM THE SOUTH AT DAWN

>Anything I should keep in mind?
read messages and see if some cunt told you anything important. you''ll never know.

y are you quitting?

Don't do it, just never go on it. I regret deleting mine because I don't get any fb fap material and I never get Facebook invites to parties (not like I'd get them if I had a Facebook but at least I'd have a shot)

Haha yes it does seem like it is. It's more the uncertainty of overlooking details or things you actually use Facebook for.

Fuck off from Sup Forums.
This is not your personal weblog.
Stay on FB if you cannot avoid narcissistic posting.
Why the fuck did you sat yr t a thread on why YOU are quitting FB?
Because you are a self-absorbed normie that needs to validate your existence with a "look at me" posting
Fuckoff.
Got to Sup Forums or / adv/

happy new year! how's the fireworks in Sydney?

>why?

I'm sick of all the recommended pages, seeing stupid memes everyone likes, being caught in the web of the zucc... Just sick of the idea, basically.

Lol

I deleted it nearly 4 years ago now. All that happened is I lost touch with people from high school I didn't really care about anyway and I had one less thing to go look at when I got bored. I suppose I'm missing out on some things I might actually like to see, but since I don't really know what I'm missing it doesn't bother me. I've thought about making one again just to see what local events are happening but I still haven't done it. I don't miss it.

To be fair though, having a social media presence online can be a good thing when it comes to networking or just making friends. Back when I had fb there were a few times people I had met at parties added me and invited me to other things. A lot of people will expect to be able to find you on fb. You don't have to put a lot of personal stuff on there or post status updates, just have a profile with your name and a picture so people can find you and you're good.

>self validating
>"look at me!"

Why would I post to Sup Forums then? I mean it's an anonymous image board, so the fuck do you mean? The whole reason I'm deleting my account is because I've had it with the narcissistic Facebook-y content, user.

just fucking delete it i mean how fucking gay are you
anyone that actually matters in your life will fucking call you on the phone or something stop being a fucking fagget

This is not political, Sup Forums is not a board for random questions. Thread reported, enjoy your ban.