Why does Kyoani never try something new?

>there are cute girls
>they do cute things
>they all look the same with different wigs
>everyone is in high school
>it's set in modern day Japan
>there are 1 or 2 fictional elements tacked on
>little emphasis on story/themes/action/worldbuilding but at least the girls are cute

Why haven't they gotten bored of this yet?

because kyoani generally adapts other works and it makes money for them

The last time didn't go so well.

Kobayashi was very ugly though

Because Kyoani is only good at SoL. They did some more fantasy action oriented stuff like KnK and Phantom World but they were kinda shitty.

Few Kyoani shows fit most of those criteria, some of them only fit 1 or 2 of those criteria, and their last great work actually fit all of those criteria. In other words, they need to fit those criteria more often.

>little emphasis on story/themes/action/worldbuilding but at least the girls are cute
The opposite is true, KyoAni is one of few studios were all of these things are consistently present throughout all of their works.

Phantom World war amazing, though.

Inou Battle Nichijou was the shitty one but I don't think it was them that made it.

get out of Sup Forums

>Phantom World was amazing
>amazing
>I share a board with these "people"

You have no idea what you're talking about.

they once had boys instead of girls

>why do the best at x just stop doing what they're doing that makes them successful and what they are the best at
wow how will we ever solve this one?

Because they understand that CGDCT is the absolute best genre

Inou Battle was Trigger

Kyoani's last CGDCT was K-On, almost a decade ago. They are not a CGDCT studio.

Execs don't like new things, they like stable money-makers. If it ain't broke, etc.

They did Nichijou and it was a fucking disaster.

This. I'm wondering why people think they are when CGDCT makes up so little of their output.

PW was awful

>I share a board with these "people"

It's because you share the board that you fall for the memes. Phantom World was so good that it sold out on pre-orders.

He is right though. Maidragon had awful bottom of the barrel backgrounds everywhere. They didn't held it to their usual visual standard.

It was Maidragon, but before that I think it was Tamako Market? That's still relatively old.

Why can't studio wars shitposters ever come up with something new?

Maidragon has their best background work in years. For starters most of them are watercolor.

Tamako Market had filthy males for main characters. Same for Maidragon

Wow, this is really bland bait.

>CGDCT is the absolute best genre
Get the fuck out, motherfucker!
It's CBDCT now.

The only people new enough to wage console wars on Sup Forums are all new enough to genuinely consider these shitposts original and fascinating points.

Because they do it well and it's appealing

No. That has to be a lie. Surely it's just the same old boring troll-studiowarriors pretending to be newfags, and not actual retarded newfag studiowarriors.

Maid dragon is a not-harem anime, but different from the usual in that the protagonist is a girl. I also don't think it focuses enough on the girls or the girls as a group. It's more of a family SoL than a CGDCT, in my opinion.

Tamako Market comes really close, but I think it may be too wide in scope. I'm not completely sure about this one, but I think it's just a SoL. The community is also important, and not as much the relationship between the girls.

Nichijou has the different subplots too detached from each other. It also isn't serious enough, I think. A CGDCT should be attached to reality in some way. Look at Joshiraku. All girls, but it has no plot and is just a comedy show, doesn't take itself seriously enough. Nichijou may be the same.

Also, I don't think it's an absolute requirement, but prominent male main characters.

>it's appealing
The sales don't show that.

Yes, they do.

Which one is best?

Kumiko. Tamako is the only other notable one.

Out of these? Mai.

I'll be the contrarian and pick Mirai.

Yui (awakened) >Haruhi = Yui >= Kumiko > Tamako > the rest

watch free then it's cute boys

Just by animating Kumiko, Kyoani has increased the sum total happiness of humanity by a small but significant percentage. They've done what they came here to do.

Easily Kumiko

>Maid dragon is a not-harem anime

Yea it is mostly characters in paired relationships.

>MC has her maid
>Loli dragon has her loli
>Bro co-worker has his fafnir
>Goddess has her shota
>Chubby dragon has her food

only mean people derive happiness from laughing at ugly things

Not even the best girl of her show.

>K-on is almost a decade old

I feel like you're intentionally misinterpreting my point in a way calculated to be hurtful

Mirai is the future.

Kumiko is not my favorite but she's objectively the best anime girl.

Kumicute.

As characters, Kumiko > Tamako > Mirai > Mai > Rikka.

In terms of their shows, Hibike > Chuunibyou > Tamako >>> KnK >>> Phantom World

I can agree with this.

What was the first CGDCT?

Because the way they animate characters screams moe appeal.

Azumanga Daioh or Kokoro Toshokan.

Kokoro Toshokan came out a few months before, but I haven't seen it yet to be able to confirm that it is, in fact, a CGDCT. Azumanga Daioh was no later than the second.

Realistically?

That doesn't really mean anything

They've been focusing way more on sex appeal rather than moeblobs for years now.

Haru shits on all these moeshitters

Haru is a special kind of shit, honestly. He's cardboard.

Which one should Haru date?

Mai. She will always be the best girl in my heart.

because it works you idiot.