Anyone else find it hilarious all those Apostles in Griffith's army trying to act "noble" when they sacrificed innocent...

Anyone else find it hilarious all those Apostles in Griffith's army trying to act "noble" when they sacrificed innocent people? I hope Guts calls all them out on their bullshit, he seemed pretty angry when Gurnbeld was talking about honor

I can already what Guts would tell them

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

omelettes and eggs user

Yes, faggot, it´s a device for Gattsu to call em fakes and so readers like you can moist their holes even more. Or perhaps we still don´t know in which circumstances those people were. So far, the different ones are only Grunbled, this fagg and the giant archer dog.

Just because we can see it coming from miles away, doesn't mean it won't be good.

Have you ever heard of "the ends justify the means"?

I've heard it, murderers and tyrants produce a lot of phrases. Almost like they feel a need to justify their acts to themselves.

The keyword in OP´s comment is ¨innocent people¨. What I like a lot of Berserk is that it explores the darker side of humanity. The only two insights of sacrificies we have seen are the snail and Femto. Let´s tackle the giant snail. He sacrified his wife. Bitch wasn´t innocent. That means it´s not a black and white matter. That´s why Griffith is such a good villain and those stupid did nothing worng memes are kinda debatable. If you remember, even fucking Gattsu isn´t innocent. Motherfucker killed a fucking child. It would be interesting o debate about Caska. I agree, it´s great to have the big awesome and cool pointing out the bullshit, but it´s still simple shit that only kiddies who read and moist themselves with One Piece and Luffy care too much about.

That said, I can´t wait for Grunbeld vs Guts II.

We also saw the fairy girl.

You are right. My bad, sorry. Still, I just checked out her circumstances and guess what? It proves my point. Now go on and read One PIece or something.

And Ganishka

woah there, I'm a different guy but I don't think he was trying to disprove you, he just tried to correct a detail, that's how you have a healthy conversation. you need to chill

>they sacrificed innocent people
no they sacrificed something dear to them
the Count's satanist nympho wife wasnt "innocent"

I didnt even try to be hostile, whats your problem?

statistically, I think most people don't, in fact, deserve to be sacrificed to a bunch of demons. Might be wrong tho

>Wife cheats on him
>"Bitch wasn´t innocent"
yeah goodness she deserved to die for sure

It's likely intentional, Grunbeld for example said his cherished ambition was to die on the battlefield, but that's a lie, he sacrificed someone to escape death on the battlefield, that's extremely cowardly.

Who did the egg appostle sacrifice?

agreed

Most Appostls are clearly cowards. Take Wyald who is implied to have been an old man afraid off death who sacrificed someone so he could live forever as an immortal raptist.

I hope they get fleshed out more. I'm not exactly sure why they are personally following Griffith, and how they became apostles.

They was good apostles, dindu nuffin. They just need sacrifices for dem god hand programs.

ZA WARUDO

Apostles went from being spoopy man eaters with horrible pasts turned into fucking chads with the ability to turn into cool dragons and shit. Fuck Miura.

Even if the people aren't completely innocent, I'm not sure how you can justify sacrificing someone in such brutal ways. That's not even the end of it, seeing as their souls are forever in the abyss,

yes, and mostly morally abhorrent people actually uphold that saying.

That is the Griffith magic. The bad guys of the story seem like Heroes to the people, while Guts looks like a real asshole trying to kill Griffith.

Himself, the brand is on it's tongue

But we haven't seen what was going on when he made the sacrifice. Could've been dying of some illness at the side of the road and decided to have another shot at death in battle.

muh grey morality hahaha that's smart

>he sacrificed someone to escape death on the battlefield
???

Stop trying so hard. Griffith will look good on a pike, and you can't stop it with your internet crusading.

>Griffith looks good on everything
We already knew that, user.

>mortally wounded in a battle
>he sacrifices his comrades
>can fight some more now

that's speculation tho

Is this some kind of twisted fan fiction you're pulling off or you're just retarded and misunderstood how behelits work?

so guys, what's Griffith end game ?

be killed by casca

Kill the Idea of Evil and ascend to be the Idea of Doing Nothing Wrong.

Attain the title of God Emperor and rule over his own universe.

I would bet that these flashy guys are the ones who activated the behelit in the most pathetic way.

I don't know user, maybe these sapient monstrosities are supposed to represent the countless nobles and rulers throughout history who, in their hay day, sacrificed droves of innocent people to achieve their goals. Remember the first two minor villains of this series, snake guy and slug guy? Remember how they were corrupt noblemen? Remember when the entire plot of the Golden Age arc was spurred forward by the corruption of the nobility? Given the established setting, I'm pretty sure that the way in which this guy and the other apostles act makes sense thematically.

It's just a ploy. They all want to kill Griffith. The dumber ones say it outright, and probably get killed off by Griffith's one-horned cocksleeve. The smarter ones pretend they're noble.

>Motherfucker killed a fucking child
A mass murderer child, big fucking deal.

It doesn't apply here when the ends is "make 99% of the whole world infested by demons while only your city is an utopia, that by the way is probably gonna get sacrificed because Griffith is psychopath.

he's talking about pic related, you're probably thinking about lost children arc

>engaged on a demonic orgy for God knows how long
>she's not that bad

Oh yeah

The thing that makes Berserk so much more grim for me is that when you sacrifice a soul to become an apostle, that soul is rotting in hell forever.

Like, the eclipse, for example. The entire Band of the Hawk is damned in 9th circle of hell for eternity. Just being brutally murdered wasn't enough. This alone makes Griffith unforgivable.

Those the apostle eats end up in hell too.

Ironically this means that the means do justify this end.

Demonic murder ritual ends with demonic world.

He have a leg up on account of his brand m8

some user called it saying the kid's going to make it so when griffith does his little "farewell" ceremony the original bank shows up & exposes what he's done

Has Guts actually done anything bad, aside from that?

>did nothing worng memes are kinda debatable
If you're an idiot, sure.
Griffith did plenty of things wrong, logically and morally.

He killed a lot of people. He's not a bad person but has done a lot of bad things.

Tried to rape retarded Casca

Well, I mean, really, who hasn't at this point?

Well, OP also mentions that the Apostles try to act noble. I think that means they feel they're morally better than other people, which means they're hypocrites, blind to their own crimes, and Guts could call them on that.

Most of the time it was in the context of war, making it okay.. When it wasn't, it was for Griffith.

>Sup Forums is actually being moral in this thread

that's surprising

That's because Berserk is not for edgelords. Berserk is a manga for noble men.

Ok, so what about Griffith apologists?

As hilarious as what the Church has always done.

>They all want to kill Griffith.
What? No, they don't.

>it's an atheist butts in and talking about how the church is shit unheeded episode

Trolling idiots or potential psychopaths.

But at least the Church triggers fedoracucks, so it's okay in my book.

From what we know, he's achieved his goal of getting his own kingdom. Unless he's planning something dastardly with Falconia, but that seems to outwardly villainous for Griffith.

He wants to take over other planes of existence next. They talk about in chapter 345.

>waah waah you're 12
>says he who is 14

I wonder who Irvine sacrificed. He seems like a pretty chill guy.

He seems like the only one who doesn't really care. Most of the apostles clearly follow Griffith out of fear more than anything, Zodd is the only one (or one of the 2-3 few) who follows him out of respect, but deerdude just seems like he doesn't give a shit.

Why does he follow Griffith then?

I don't really see the idea that the big kingdom is sacrificed by the king himself working. I wouldn't see the point, and Griffith being a Godhand doesn't need to make any sacrifices to gain more power, the spirit who governs their realm already gave them all the power he can give them. He can probably throw people into the maelstrom on a whim, hell I bet that's what he does with the souls at those funerals where he plays Jesus.

I think the kingdom might go to cosmic shit, but for different reasons/caused by someone else.

Because he wants to dick the oracle girl

>Because he wants to dick the oracle girl
Makes sense

wasnt he being overcome by the beast of darkness at the time though? the same shit that makes him go crazy in the berserker armour?

well that's not a fucking excuse for raping someone my friend

>that soul is rotting in hell forever

It's actually worse than that. They're trapped in an ocean of souls and eventually lose any sense of individuality or self. Spiritual zombie slaves to some unknowable god.

Femto isn't really Griffith, though. Whatever good was in Griffith was destroyed when he sacrificed the Band of the Falcon.

The beast of darkness isn't an actual being, it's just a personification of Guts' dark side.

inner symbols, mental constructs and the like are real entities in the berserk world. they just exist on a different plane of reality, but because we're in fantasia now they can freely influence the physical plane. i'm pretty sure the explanation for the moonchild will involve some of this, too.

Is it me or does Irvine seem pretty weak compared to Zodd, Locus and Grunbeld?
He's the only one of the "executive" apostles that seems to lack truly overwhelming power, if you don't count Rakshas since the latter is an assassin.

He was a good friend.

No, nobody is innocent. Everybody is more or less selfish and capable of evil things. But the question is, if you can keep your demons low and act with the least bit of human decency or not. Guts is not innocent, but you cannot compare the two.

Guts is a driver running over a kid because he has not been paying attention to the road.

Griffith is a dying cripple who sells his family to the mafia so that he can obtain their organs and survive. Because he believes he will invent the cure for cancer if he lives, but whatever.

Also, fucking learn the correct name spellings, it's been decades.

Post Griffith (profile)pics