So it's over now

So it's over now.
Boruto's beginning, but whatever.
I only picked up on a few episodes on adult swim and toonami when I was a teen in the beginning.
Was this a good show in the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/DuAvRydTIDA8J_9wSHjjFg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

short answer - no
long answer - yes

Comfiest show of all time

It's the most epic anime.

easily AOTY - each year

this is now unironic naruto praise thread

It was alright

I feel like Naruto only gets flack for just being so damn popular. Yeah, there are some trashy episodes, and it's not exactly that interesting of a show.
At least it fucking ended.

>doesn't even show the wedding ceremony
They wasted 5 episodes on bullshit nobody cared about while hyping the thing they weren't going to bother to animate.

Unironically yes. Behind the bright colors, the edgy-but-not-edgy-enough stuff, the dumb ninja running poses and the filler, at its core there was always the good storytelling and the undeniably good characters that were as fleshed out as their world and lore. Despite its obvious flaws and the amount of memes mocking them, it rightfully deserves its spot in pop culture for the things it did well.

The manga was better tho. Not many authors write a story for about 15 consecutive years with very few and very little breaks in between and still manage to end the story in their own terms, and as they planned, a weekly shonen manga of all things.

The ending was absolute shit.
Was it so difficult for this bunch of autist to have ONE romantic episode about Naruto and Hinata, and I mean at least a hug, kiss, lying on the bed or something.

But the ending scene with naruto and hinata was super cute

Could have been much better?
They were standing like 5-6 feet away from each other, staring at the heads.
Why are they standing so far away from each other? God, just have naruto put his arm around her or something. ffs.

The ending completely shat on sakura and made her a 100% pathetic cuck. That alone redeemed it in my eyes.

find out for yourself retard.

It's not as good as fans make it out to be.

It's not as bad as haters make it out to be.

Naruto hit it's peak during the Chuunin Exam arc which was really early in the series sadly. It introduced a ton of interesting characters, then immediately dumped them in favor of making Sasuke the center of the story and it never really recovered from the endless cycle of Sharingan powerups.

not worth it. there are some good fights, but the rest is the cringe fest and mc's circlejerking

Part 1 was OK, and fairly consistent for the most part.

Part 2 had so many ups and downs that it's unfair to pass some single judgment on it. There were a lot of great things about Shippuden, like everything involving Pain and Jiraiya, and Team Asuma vs Hidan and Kakuzu. The Uchiha brothers arc was also pretty well done in my opinion.

And then you have the entire shitfest that the war arc, which saw a single day last years. The only redeeming factor of this was that we got the best animated fight of the whole series from it, Kakashi vs Obito.

Overall due to how long the war arc goes on, Shippuden is just not good. It had some great arcs but then became nearly irredeemable after the war started.

she has an unwatchable amoun of Fluff by the time Shippuden started.

I'd recommend reading the entire manga, then look at the anime exclusive content that matters and watch those.

I got to the end of the pain arc in the anime. Approximately how many episodes come after that?

for every 10 episodes there's a decent one except the first 30 or so which are pretty good overall, and you could find one that clicks with you personally among them

over 300

No shit? I can only imagine how ridiculous it gets considering they were blowing shit up on a massive scale already where I left off

The power creep in the last few volumes of Naruto is probably the worst I've ever seen. Madara lifts up an entire country and uses it to make meteors.

Are the sagas that come after pain worth watching? Are they able to top pain?

Just watch the last 6 episodes.

Not, really. I would finish it by reading the manga though, just for the sake of completion.

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/DuAvRydTIDA8J_9wSHjjFg/

Fuck off Narutards

Preshippuden = generic shounen shit, whatevs

Shippuden = gifted abilities, badly defined character motives, badly developed character development, terribly resolved conflicts.

If you want to enjoy naruto don't get baited by it's attempt to solve deep moral dilemmas through naruto's preaching, that's just kishimoto taking on topics too big for him to chew. You watch it for the jutsu's, the bitches, and fights.

jutsus*

Nice

No, it's actually pretty awful. There are some good parts, mainly about Akatsuki stuff but it's not worth enduring all the boring and abysmal episodes for it. If somebody started to re edit all the episodes and cut out everything that's unnecessary then it would be worth a watch but as it is right now it's a huge ass waste of time.

Fucking no.
Everything important happened over the course of a single exam. Before hand naruto and his shitty team that hates each other have done a few shit missions and one that went wrong and are noobs that hate each other. By the end they're all super powered badasses that apparently shared what seems like years of memories off screen.
That alone makes it irredeemable for me.

What counts as unnecessary?

There is a fan made Naruto Kai.

It was... controversial, I guess. Good Naruto arcs are outstanding pieces of anime - like Land of Waves and Chuunin Exam in the original and Hidan-Kakuzu and Pain arcs Shippuden. Fillers were soul-crushing, and closer to the end even pseudo-fillers (character development episodes) became unwatchable. Sasuke is the most annoying piece of shit I've ever encountered in anime, but Naruto's coming of age is interesting.

My main issue with the series is probably its abundance of irrelevant characters. Konoha 11 started as more or less equal, but over the course of time Naruto became a demigod, whereas others didn't quite follow. And while Shikamaru managed to remain important even without actual battle powers, somebody like Rock Lee or Kiba were demoted to shit-tier.

In all seriousness though: Naruto is the
standard bell curve of anime, partly due to its
size. It's mostly mediocre, with some great
stuff, some bad stuff, and once in a while the
amazing and the bedshitting.
"Part 2 ruined it" or "everything Pain and after
ruined it" is a fucking meme. The worst thing
about the animu was the ridiculous amount of
flashbacks and filler (although some filler was pretty damn good). And, hilariously, what ruined
the plot was the pacing: it didn't take it's time.

Befriending Kurama and synergizing chakra for
an OP power-boost? Makes sense. But after
centuries of being vilified by humanity, its
doubtful Nines would be so easy to befriend a
kid over the course of a few DAYS (that's
literally how long it was between "I'm going to
come after your darkness" and *goldenboy*).
>> But user, it's technically how long Kyuubi was inside Nardo, which is years!
Ye? Then give that some more time and
attention because that important moment was
overshadowed by so much irrelevant crap.

There are tons of similar examples of things
that didn't take their time: romance between
Nardo and Hinata, So6P chakra boost, 4th
Ninja "War" being one battle lasting 2 days and
2 nights.

Now ignoring pacing, the best parts of Nardo
were easily the character moments. Most of the
characters are pretty well written (with some
exceptions: Sakura being most notably as she's
in the forefront with the MCs and the occasional
overly-whiny overly-verbose Naruto). Naruto
saying goodbye to Minato's Edo Tensei, Orochimaru being all "I'mma take a backseat,
eat some popcorn, watch Sasuke's drama
unfold", Madara's introduction dropping 2 space
rocks and demoralizing a whole division of
battle-hardened shinobi, Naruto mastering
Rasnegan, Lee standing up to fight while being
fucking unconscious, Neji vs. Hinata, etc etc.

Objectively: it's probably average. As far as I
can tell, many of those that shout that it's a horrifically bad series are just being contrarian.

Just skip the war arc and youll be fine. Find a guide on which eps to skip