FUCKING
YEARS

Here's looking to another 20!

A reminder there will never be a better league arc than the Silver Conference.

Never forget

twenty fucking years

So he's been on his journey twice as long as he's been alive?

The Pokemon anime is unironically shit and fags only like it because muh nostalgia.

>inb4 xyz was good

They just need to ditch him and reboot the anime.

Well at least he doesn't have a pokemon league to fuck up this time. I hope..

That post near the end talking about "the ultimate betrayal of the Pokemon company" is cringe.

user, I...

>/vp/ crossboarders shitpost actually made me wake up early that day to see the chapter
Fuck that furrybait board forever

threadly reminder that memes aside, gary was a shitty trainer

>top 32 in the kanto league, while ash was top 16
>top 16 in the johto league, while ash was top 8
>his super fast arcanine lost in a race against ash's super slow bayleef

>People being this emotionally invested in the fucking Pokemon anime of all things
Pathetic.

In the games after beating the 4th kahuna, professor Kukui decides to create the first ever Alola league
the same might happen in the anime

Memeing aside, why are people still invested in this? It should've been clear on the Johto seasons that this series was going to go nowhere.

Ignoring the obviously superior manga adaption, the anime is nothing but product placement in disguise of a SOL in disguise of a "adventure" anime.

and Ash will be the first one to lose in it

I'm still booty blasted over him not winning the league with his super ASH FROG

>cringe

Honestly the best week on Sup Forums in forever
Holy shit that morning was amazing, watching that live stream, the exact second Greninja falls and the entire board just got destroyed, that one "pre-celebratory" thread.
Honestly just a great time all around, absolutely completely ruined all actual discussion on the show for the next couple of months, but eh, was worth it.

I don't understand this post. Please explain.

They should have gone with a Time Bokan format and introducing a new protag each season but keeping TR since they are the best part of the anime.

the battles are entertaining and people enjoy seeing their favorite pokemon animated

Everything past Johto league is worthless.

Agreed. staying up late to see it streamed live and the whole goddamn board imploding, and the threads bleeding over to Sup Forums. Good times.

why didn't he just fucking dodge

Here's the power ranking of the anime seasons

Sinnoh>Kalos>OG>Hoenn>>>>shit>Johto>>>>>>Unova

Which is funny because it's the opposite of the games asides from Platinum

>Ash actually is the first to beat the Alola League
>has to battle a challenger right afterwards like you do in the games and loses the title instantly

Reminder:

Appearances/Design:
Dawn > May > Mallow > Serena (short-hair) > Lyra > Misty > Serena (long-hair) > Lana > Iris

VAs:
Iris > Dawn > Mallow > Lyra > Misty > Lillie > Lana > Serena > May

Fanbases:
Dawn > Mallow > Lana > May > Lillie > Iris > Misty > Serena

There's a reason why neckbeard autists who fap to lolis and/or watch Dragon Ball refuse to discuss pokemon in Sup Forums: Pokemon is a serious contender for worst anime of all time. I've been to your general in /vp/ and found that most of the people who like it are both ardent porkyman fans and the very definition of sunk cost fallacy.

And also, some of the most autistic people ever, being so dedicated to achildren's cartoon/commercial ad to a level only poneyfags are.

OS > Johto > shit > everything else

and Johto was pretty shit already

What's even the point in having him lose? Wouldn't they sell even more merchandise if they main character won and not some seasonal antagonist? Just doesn't really make sense.

Pretty much

Of course you don't.

Given how in Japan the fanbase is mostly composed of kids, I presume at least one of the reasons is to teach kids that winning isn't everything and that it's okay to lose as long as you do your best.

You can say that about any anime although. Battles really haven't been all too great after Johto.

If you ran a gym leader marathon, you'd see a huge difference in quality once Ash transfers into Hoenn.

Because the producers are retarded. The director of XY talked about how the producers hate change.

Yeah there was some bullshit about the fag who beat Ash commenting on how he was jeleous of Ash's friends or something

yes, hoenn is when gym battles got good

Sinnoh kinda sucked though aside from the league stuff
OS=Kalos>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Johto>Unova

>Ash
>beat
>league
I'm frankly amazed, I thought everyone had understood that Ash won't shit in another 20 years, and that most of us will die before this cartoon ends.

Losing every goddamn time for 20 years? Just how retarded are we talking? I don't even watch this shit by the way, or even play pokemon, it just doesn't add up.

>Kalos that high

XY was absolute dogshit. Its only redeeming quality was being better than BW.

*Ash won't win shit

Pokemon is a children's show.
"Try your best" and "It's okay to lose" are pretty typical lessons to teach children.

They're not writing this as if it has some sprawling mythos and fans who have been watching for 20 years with heavy investment into Ash/Pikachu.

It's a 20 minute toy commercial with a feel good moral at the end. Literally no different than transformers or GI Joe

Very retarded.
After Ash lost the kalos league, the writers, seiyuus, animators, etc twitted about how disappointed they were that Ash had to lose again

they just want Ash to win at least once, even the director of XY tried to make Ash look as competent as possible before making him lose
the producers just don't know what people want nor care about what the anime's staff want either

>Ash won't shit in another 20 years
When's the last time he's gone to the bathroom in an episode again?

Yeah, I get that. Still doesn't explain why the main character loses every single fucking time. "Main character wins big fight" isn't exactly sprawling mythos or at all out of place in a 20 minute toy commercial.

Remember that each generation a new batch of kids watch the show, so presumably most of each generation's fanbase never watched the previous seasons and are unaware of Ash's reputation for losing.

There's a difference between "winning isn't everything, children; it's ok to lose sometimes as long as you keep doing your best" and "this fucker has spent 20 years losing over and over again, not winning ever, and it will be the same until this series ends, or the franchise dies, or the world breaks in half, whatever happens the first".

The way the Alola league is set up in the games means beating the elite 4 isn't enough to be established as the champion, as you have to beat the next challenger first. It's the perfect way for them to say Ash technically got further than Kalos, while still meaning Ash loses the league in practice.

Basically, Ash would get cucked out of being the champion in the same way that Gary is in the games.

One guy tweeted about it. Stop making shit up.

i gave up on pokemon altogether with that episode. I was looking forward to the new version and the new series but after that I decided to stop purchasing pokemon stuff.

Making Ash winning just once wouldn't hurt the anime, and having the next season to not have a league was enough reason to at least give Ash a victory and then take a break but now, they threw salt to injury with losing and never have to face a league ever again

>this fucker has spent 20 years losing over and over again
Stop thinking about it like that.

The Pokemon show isn't a 20 year saga. Ash is still 10 years old despite all the time that's passed, despite celebrating fucking birthdays
Ash has not been a Pokemon trainer for 20 years. Get that out of your head

I miss this

I still makes no sense.

Aloha is a very mixed bag for a game. So you potentially didn't miss much

honestly if they just gave us varied protagonists instead of solely companions, Ash's infamous legacy wouldn't be so bad though we'd probably be memeing about how no kids ever win the leagues that matter instead

instead Ash has somehow done every single one of these leagues in under a year's worth of time and every Game league is lost because Ash can't ever really catch a break. Even the writers and animators are getting sick of it.

wow who cares? pokemon sucks balls now anyway.

Yeah no I get that, you don't need to keep on repeating the whole "pokemon is just to sell merchandise to kids". None of that, none of it all, makes any sense as to why he hasn't won a single fight. Even Goku eventually won the martial arts tournament, even if it did take years and several re-tries.

>he hasn't won a single fight
Except he has?

i am getting mixed feelings, some say is fun some others say is a dissapointment. But Im not touching a pokemon game anymore. Call it ridiculous but that episode scarred me for life. Been watching it since Kanto so in a personal point of view, it broke me

Newfags don't appreciate the classics.

Even OS wasn't particularly good, yet this filler episode had more underlying moral substance than the entirety of XY.

there's also the battle frontier

>Ash using elemental advantage to it's correct form in Johto gym battles along with battles being cinematic as fuck
>Flip to Hoenn where Ash goes full retard and spams an ineffective Pound of Roxanne's Nosepass

I don't understand the goodness in your eyes, but okay.

I meant league.

Wow you're weak

Orange league doesn't count?

Ash is going to lose his next league to Pikachu, then spend 20 years as a gay prosecute trying to pay back all his debts.

It's not like he doesn't progress every time though so.

To be honest, I can't see why people dislike it, it makes way way way more sense than shit like Aikatsu where the MC goes from knowing LITERALLY NOTHING about idols at all to passing an exam to a top idol school in less than a year, and then becomes basically the top idol in Japan in a school year.

Also not only that but Ash is also just a kid. He's fucking ten. Alan is like 16, Tobias looked at least in his teens if not older, Cameron was older, if you ask me Ash does way fucking better than he should.

And to have him win would put the entire series in retard directions by now, where it wouldn't even work. Dragonball had to introduce aliens after Goku won the tournament, if you forgot, and look where it is now. They're fighting for the multiverse of multiverses or some shit. At least Pokemon is way relatively down to earth compared to where it started.

>Pokemon now supports interracial homo erotic relationships
The world really has changed.

Yes, and the leagues in the games are set up in a way you immediately face the elite four after you collect the gym badges. So don't get your hopes high, Ash will lose at another league tournament before fucking off to another region, except this time this tournament will be the inaugural one in Alola. Hell, I can imagine the exchange already:
>"Hey, Satoshi, Alola is going to have the first league ever. Wanna get into it?"
>Yeah, sure! With my friends and my Pikachu at my side, we will win the a Alola League and get closer to my dream of becoming a Master!"
>"Pika!"
>*fast forward a dozen o so episodes*
>"SATOSHI FROM MASARA TOWN HAS LOST"
>cue

>the only non canon league
at least he was offered a title greater than being a champion pokemon but he refused and nobody else will care if he took it

the classics had a very japanese humor and was very anime-ish, now is more generic, not sure if im making myself clear

not weak, just dissapointed, I invested many years into this series i have no reason to support it anymore

PROSTITUTE, FUCK. I'M A FUCKING MORON.

You have autism.
It's a children's TV show, I've watched everything since Kanto and couldn't care less if Ash wins or loses, the only important thing is that keeps going on adventures each week.

20 years mate, I dropped the anime in Diamond & Pearl and even I was mad at Ash losing the final.

The thing is that Goku always lost to legitimate circumstances of more powerful or experienced opponents, and when he finally did get his victories, they were also incidentally involved with saving the world so he had no choice but to go all out.

Ash is just battling for the sake of battling, and is fucked over less by better trainers and more poor writing. He's had a couple league losses that are legitimate battles, the rest are shit like Charizard refusing to fight, to the infamous Tobias legendary beatdown that existed solely to kick Ash's face in and deny him any idea of victory.

Ash-Greninja's loss being entirely contrived due to standing still to get KOed by an attack he's resistant to, after Charizard / Mega Charizard X took so many fucking heavy hits across two fights and just shrugged them off with plot armor, followed by Ash getting kicked out of his protagonist role so that Alain and fucking Eureka could save the day and stop the bad guy, just stands as a raw testament to how blatant it's gotten that Ash is just a viewpoint character and will never be allowed true progression.

so did I but that episode build so much hype i don't think I ever experienced something so exciting, at least DP it was unfair because they were legendary

>you have autism
>i've watched everything since kanto
L 0 L

>I have never won a Gold Symbol in Hoenn
>mfw Ash wins all of them

It's bullshit

johto battles were probably the worst animated gym battles in the anime (well, maybe the BW ones are worse)
it's when ash started using strategies, yes, but later seasons had ash using strategies with better animation

>Flip to Hoenn where Ash goes full retard and spams an ineffective Pound of Roxanne's Nosepass
treecko used pound on geodude because it didn't know a single grass attack
ash actually had pikachu use super effective iron tail on nosepass

by the time that 3rd happened people should have stop caring if ash is gonna win a league

>The thing is that Goku always lost to legitimate circumstances of more powerful or experienced opponents
A
FUCKING
TRUCK

He wasnt there for the fame but the girls.

i think it was bullshit how in Johto he couldn't have at least 50% fully evolved pokemon in his team. When bulbasaur didn't want to evolve it was because he wanted to prove he was strong but the rest couldn't evolve because Ash didn't train them enough

I've never beaten a Pokemon game. How do people actually manage that shit?

>you have autism
>I have watched almost 1000 episodes of a mediocre kids show that I don't even like that much

He better get his job

>tfw favorite line is porygon
>it will never be in anime form

all the seasons had completely garbage animation except XY, and it traded its soul for it. and it was still mostly shit.

johto battles had better writing.

What are you talking about? Pokemon games are some of the easiest RPG that exist.

So what would happen if I post a thread reminding /vp/ about this event?

his johto team was so awful that he had to bring his kanto pokemon to win his final gym battle and his league matches

heracross never got to fight in a single gym battle even though it was the first pokemon ash caught in johto

No, I mean, how do people finish them. They are so ungodly boring that I can't finish them, ever. I always give up or fall asleep.

Okay, admittedly it's been well over a decade since I watched DB so I forgot that part, but Tien was still the more skilled of the two.
Which is why Goku combing back to fight him the next tournament is all the more satisfying.

>the rest are shit like Charizard refusing to fight
That was pretty legitimate though. Charizard did the exact same shit that he did every single time since he evolved, and only fights if he think's it's a challenge. Him saying fuck you to Ash was hardly a one time thing, it would have been a real asspull for him magically change that one moment instead.

Ash should have either trained Charizard better or used a different pokemon, any thing is better than something that won't even fight.

Well what do you expect from TV Tokyo, they ruined XY(Z) and they ruined Arc-V

Pokemon is about as easy and casual as RPGs get, especially the newer ones.

Every season is the same thing, I don't understand how anyone can still enjoy the anime after Johto