Dave Chapelle

>says something against traps and SJWs
>"wow this guy is based he takes a hit at anyone"
>says something against trump
>"fucking netflix propaganda what a KEK"

i wanted to ask this on t_d but i probably would be banned in a second by an assmad mod. Why do trump fans have such a double standard about people making jokes about trump? Dave chapelle is just a comedian, he makes jokes about everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_XKBqtXIuCU
youtube.com/watch?v=IGl1CCprCeU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, he did bojangle pretty hard for his (((masters))) in this latest special.

what do you mean? Didnt he compare big producers with a pimp in the end?

Yeah because he needs the money and he knows he’s going in that dress weather he likes it or not

>you have to agree with everything a comedian says.

you dont have to agree but why are people mad about it?

I wasn't really paying attention when it was on at a friend's house, but a large portion of the Trump portion was nothing but "heh heh heh, Trump is dumb amirite? I mean, stupid dumb, like, really". Like Colbertposting come to life levels of just "Trump so dumb".

Do you create that scenario in your head where people actually over react about it or have you actually seen people butthurt rather than people mocking him for being a tool?

it was more about trump behaving unprofessionally. It was above colbert-level at least for sure. I dont have a problem if someone disagrees with that. I only have a problem if someone says hes a netflix-shill or whatever just because he made that joke.

Why can't I be mad when someone says something I disagree with? Mad doesn't always mean I want em dead. Mad doesn't always mean I want to make laws about it. Why can't I just be mad when my fundamental beliefs take a jab and people just leave it at that?

Dave Chapelle, and every other (((comedian))) out there does the same stupid shit.
1. Provide some small fact/statistic
2. Make the audience laugh at a non sequitur or strawman as a follow up
3. Carry on about something to convince the audience that Donald Trump is somehow blatantly wrong for having an opinion or drawing breath.
4. Rinse, repeat.

This is "The Daily Show". This is "Last Week, Tonight, Today, for the Month". This is every single "talk show" that lulls you to sleep at night because you are so tired by that time in the day that you'll just accept whatever they spew as at least tertiarily true because they had the gall to say it on TV.

Seriously, this is about all it takes. Now that you've read this, go and watch John Oliver again. I dare you. After you realize this is how it works, you start finding just about everything around you just a little less funny.

my main source is the_donald. People mocking him for being a tool would not be a problem for me.

he is pretty funny though how many in your highschool or even after "im rick james bitch"

but unlike The Daily Show he is good at his craft

Then you shouldn't ask Sup Forums, people say gtfo back to t_d for a reason.
If they ban you there for asking then you've got your answer.
I don't think many people here like the new Chapelle regardless of his Trump jokes though. Me included. He's changed too much over the years, he should've retired with dignity but not many comedians do that.

yeah youre right i worded that wrong. I was on about the double standard of thinking hes "based" for BTFOing trannies and the like and then calling him a c.u.ck for joking about trump.

this is very much true but he didnt even do that in his special iirc. He just said trump behaves unprofessionally, which is subjective.

>Why do trump fans have such a double standard about people making jokes about trump?
clearly its no just Trump fans, user but everyone.
Dont be as dumb as the people you're accusing of being dumb
Also, i was impressed by dave chappelles netflix special. The first time i even felt a little bit offended by a comedian, even though it was mostly because i wanted to scream at him for being ignorant. overall, This bitch-nigga thinks a lot like more like trump supporter than a hillary supporter and is just afraid to admit it for losing his black credit. He doesn't deserve a standing thread on Sup Forums, either

>Then you shouldn't ask Sup Forums, people say gtfo back to t_d for a reason.
im not a regular here, i thought almost everyone from t_d also uses Sup Forums? At least thats what you hear everywhere.
>He's changed too much over the years, he should've retired with dignity but not many comedians do that.
i dont think he lost his dignity or something like that but yeah these new specials had very few good jokes.

>clearly its no just Trump fans, user but everyone.
i know that much, the thing that irked me about the trump fans especially is that they themselves often mock others for having double standards.

>i dont think he lost his dignity
Well I meant retired leaving the memory of when he was at his peak, not as in literally embarrasing himself or something.

Reminder the real Dave Chapelle is dead and the one on tv today is a clone look alike
youtu.be/_XKBqtXIuCU
Skip to the 3rd minute to get the important stuff

chapelle like most comedians is a servant of the dnc, most comedy specials especially post-trump netflix ones amount to a commercial saying 'v9te democrat or youre evil!'

Daily reminder: if you consume normie media like OP, you're a faggot and need to go back to plebbit.

oh yeah. He does look kinda fucked up too.
he did say voting for hillary didnt feel good though. In the vein of "choosing the lesser evil"

you can't really judge Trump fans because of the shit you read on Sup Forums
even the "nigger hate" threads are shariablue psyops

youtube.com/watch?v=IGl1CCprCeU
"Comedy" has been like this for years. I come here for my lulz instead.

Some people are just meant to be a certain weight.

Dave Chapelle was meant to be skinny.

he said 'it was like eating out halle berry then she farts in your face' and praised obama
hes bought out and shills dnc

Just saw him live on New Years Eve. He is by no means based no matter what he says about trannies. However, he is still a funny guy. I have enjoyed his work for years now.

Watch his show. He's woke as fuck. And he shits on blacks all the time, but him criticizing a 72 year old white man is super horrendous.

he also basically said he was raped in hollywood and thats why he fled to africa

Same reason why Sup Forums always spouts incredibly vitriolic stuff about blacks and Jews, yet when a black person makes a harmless "lol white people can't dance" joke they screech autistically.

Because they're a bunch of hypocrites who only care when it's white people on the receiving end of racism.

>that offset face
>happy eyed side
>sad eyed side
it's like a spitting image of the hilldog pepe

>if my standup makes you want to go out and beat a trans person you are probably a piece of shit and shouldn't watch me
yeah ok maybe

>and if you don't support colin kaepernick you shouldn't watch me either
what the fuck dave

if you looked around you would see trannies and gays are more upset with Dave than Trump voters

we are used to it

I'll love Dave no matter what. I've stuck it out with Trump even though he's sucking Zionist cock.

All normies are like that, Trunpfags are normies too no matter what they think.

>I've stuck it out with Trump even though he's sucking Zionist cock.
retards a newfags are always so cringey to read.
you know Hitler was also a zionist, right faggot?

>He's woke as fuck.

He really isn’t. At least not in the degree that he should be. If he’s redpilled he shouldn’t be in the fucking democratic party and sure as shit shouldn’t be voting Hillary.

Hitler was a Zionist damn you made me think on that one.

Hitler wanted the Jews gone period. First he tried Madagascar and when that didn't pan out he sent them to Palestine, so that makes him a Zionist, lol

You are the newfag buddy

>He's woke as fuck
no hes not, hes just old and funny.
when you get past a certain age, your mind loses its elasticity or something/.
After age 40, youre ability to adapt, which humans are supposed to be very good at and which is paramount to survival, just seems to get obliterated and you're stuck with whatever view you held before without being able to question it or think critically about it.
thats why its going to be a such a relief when the boomers die off

Daves political views are simply Black centric. He looks out for his people, and that is why he votes democrat. He isn't an autistic Leftist though.

>OH THE HUMANITY, comedians shouldn't be allowed to make fun of sitting presidents who act ridiculous!
>so cringey
only a newfag would say that, you are a redditor.
redditors like you hate dave because he said something bad about their based god emperor, it's that simple. You are the same person that shits on SJWs for wanting safe spaces yet you can't stand "micro-agressions" against Trump, even ones as minuscule as talking about his sweaty lips.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement

>He just said trump behaves unprofessionally, which is subjective.
You are correct that it's subjective, but explain "subjective" to your average person, and their head will explode. People actually think that there's an abstract reality between the masses in some form of group-liked psyche, and they use all the medias to get their dose of normalization.

The left (somewhat successfully) created a new word during the last election; "Presidential". The funny thing is, they did it with a mulatto as president (See? Look! Even a nigger can act presidential!). Then they contrast Trump-isms with Obama, or worse yet, Hillary reading from a script.

That's the problem with society today. It's socially acceptable, even if you actually support Trump and his policies, to say "Well, I just wish he'd stop going on Twitter; he makes an ass out of himself".

These folks seriously have no clue what he's doing, nor do they understand it. Sad, really.

And? Do you even know what Zionism means? A Neocon puts the interests of Jews/Israel over there own country.

This agreement was in the best interest of Germany. A temporary answer to the Jewish Question. Hitler should have killed the Jews instead of trying to find a peaceful solution.

Naw man. I've followed his career and work. He soul'd out. Before he fucked off to Africa for awhile he was talking about how hollywood is always trying to make a black man wear a dress if he wants to be a successful actor and he refused to do it. Then, he comes back to the US, and his first tv appearance is him wearing a really tight fitting shirt that hangs lower than anything he has ever worn as a shirt, that looks suspiciously like a dress, and his attitude is different. Now he's all vain glorious and ego centric, working out just for the attention he gets from it. He admits this himself.
Face it. The Dave Chappelle you knew and love is gone.

>he should've retired with dignity
Did you even watch the "Dave Chappelle Show"? The whole entire reason it was funny was it successfully debased modern-day real blacks (not whites in makeup) into a Mistrel Show satire for white consumption. Where shows like "The Jeffersons" at least attempted to deal with social commentary on black/white relations in the 60s/70s, The Dave Chappelle Show literally erased any/all "progress" for the sake of a few cheap laughs. The worst part of it all; it was true. All of it. Every single joke, skit, race baiting comment. I think once Dave had some serious time of introspection, he realized the severely depressing state of "his people" (just based on the skits they were writing), and probably also got a bit of confirmation of it when he went to Africa and realized there wasn't enough money in the world to fix that desperate continent.

Dave Chappelle talks about this, his reasons for quitting, the loss of his father (and self) and subsequent trip to Africa and purchase of a farm in Ohio as a result of these experiences. But what do we learn from the modern day Chappelle that brings it all full circle?

Like all other Hollywood sacks of shit, no matter how loudly your conscience screams at you, those easy dollars are way more important than principals.

This is more of a general comment, not really about Chappelle. It's not about the person they make fun of, it's how they do it.

>hurr trump's so self-centered he makes videos of himself masturbating and masturbates to that

>lol what was more smashed after the election, hillary or her blackberries

>donald does his hair with a cotton candy machine

These are fine for me because they have a kernel of truth to them that anyone can honestly acknowledge.
Trump is definitely self-centered, whether it's legit or a schtick.
Hillary probably got tanked after the election, like she spent a billion, everyone told her she already won, and she lost it all to fucking Donald Trump. Also it's a matter of established fact that her blackberries were smashed with a hammer. These are all probable and realistic and it doesn't require you to buy into a premise that makes you a bad person for supporting your candidate.

But instead they go for the dumbest humor that requires you to buy into a premise antithetical to your candidate in order to find it funny.

>duh huh Drumpf's a fascist

> dude lock her up LOL

>blumpf's blood pressure is kremlin over racist, impeach 45!

Not only is it dumb, not only does it require you to buy into a nebulous premise, you also have to hate your candidate to find it funny. It's malicious humor, it's being done out of pure disdain for the person being lampooned. They're walking right over the Lampanelli rule; never make fun of someone you actually hate, it will seep through and be obvious no matter what, and it will kill the funny.

Except in this instance it only kills the funny for the people outside the filter bubble. For the ingroup laughing at the joke, it's not even hearty, genuine laughter. It's the practice of a cult mindset, the conscious weaponization of humor as a vehicle for ridicule against a certain person or idea that is considered double plus ungood. It's a practice to reinforce their collective loathing of the person.