Commie

Will they return with their retarded logic for S2?

This was some god tier sub drama

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7ieHykVh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we even know what the title actually means now, it would be beyond stupid if they kept eoten

also
>commie
>still relevant in 2017

>eotena onslaught

It was aleady stupid to begin with and they stuck to their retarded guns.

hey it got even sillier once they had to conjugate "eoten"

>we even know what the title actually means now, it would be beyond stupid if they kept eoten

pastebin.com/7ieHykVh

Between Attack on Titan and Eotena Onslaught, they both missed and hit at the same time. Eotena is much more fitting of a description (fits it like a glove actually) than titans. But they fell way off the mark with "Onslaught", due to story spoilers, "Attack on" is more fitting in that regard.

If they had a chance to rename it, a name like

Advancing Eotena or Eotena Vanguard

would be appropriate for the English title.

Eotena is fucking stupid and you know it.

>Eotena is fucking stupid and you know it.

pastebin.com/7ieHykVh

READ. THE. LINK.

I read it when they first published it.
It was stupid then it is stupid now.

How the fuck did they translate this as "attack on titan"

"The Attack Titan" is the actual translation of shingeki no kyojin with the context we know now right?

That was the name given to Kodansha to use by the editor. The author, Isayama, actually speaks really good English. There used to be a clip of him speaking English on Youtube but I can't find it anymore. He's more or less fluent, and he talked about how weird the English title was, but that it'd just confuse people even more to change it now.

It's dumb because nobody knows what the fuck an eoten is. When japs see 巨人 they don't think "boy what is this obscure word describing? This is destroying my immersion as I have to look it up", they think "oh giants".
Translations are supposed to deliver as close an experience to a native speaker as possible.

>It was stupid then it is stupid now.

Do tell, why do you think it's stupid?

>It's dumb because nobody knows what the fuck an eoten is.

> Character points at Big Red
> "MY GOD THAT'S AN ENORMOUS EOTEN!"

Now everyone know what an Eoten refers to, storytelling 101 user.

Mike "Gets torn by every norm" Zacharias
Mike "Gets Teared then shared" Zacharias
Im still making more.

Except japs didn't have that moment. 巨人 is not an obscure word, the translation shouldn't be one either.

Commie is my first choice for shitty shows. At least they make me laugh and not die of boredom.

>when you have such a pathetic life you argue over a single word in the title of a literal cartoon
I cannot even fathom what that must be like

good times mate

Never watched commie subs, did they use Colossal Eoten and Armored Eoten?

>Except japs didn't have that moment. 巨人 is not an obscure word, the translation shouldn't be one either.

I believe that translation is Giant, the problem with the usage of the word titan is that it doesn't correlate to giants eating human beings, whereas Eoten is directly derived from lore that fits Shingeki's scenario and the influences of its setting. I say it's worth it to give people linguistic exposure than to go the simpler (and not particularly correct) route with titans.

>pastebin.com/7ieHykVh
holy fuck this is advanced autism

They don't have that correlation in the original. It is not the translator's job to mess with the material they've been given based on what believe would be better.
Giant is fine. Titan is fine. Eoten is not.

Behemoth Eoten and Armored Eoten

Titan is fine. Titans were ancient Greek gods, the 9 titans were the god-rulers of the Eldians. Titan(ic) now has the connotation of extremely large, so it fits perfectly.

>They don't have that correlation in the original

But they have Giants, which is more fitting than Titans, that's the issue.

And it's the translator's job to find the best fit words to convey the meaning of the stories. This isn't messing with the material at all.

>holy fuck this is advanced autism

You do realize that you can have a career as a linguist, no?

You're saying Titan is unfitting for these guys? They've even got flowing greece-esque robes on.

why didnt they just build bigger walls?

Local homeowners' association regulations prohibited building structures over a certain height. They explicitly covered this.

>eotenas was 4 years ago

fuck

am i the only one here who watches anime with arabic subs ?

link please?

to what