A new "bad" record for Nico Nico

I feel like this news is notable for the board, not just for Yu-Gi-Oh

The newest series, Arc-V has done what was considered to be impossible and taken the top 10 (and most of the top 20) ranks of the lowest "good" rankings in the history of the entire site, the final episode being the worst

1. ARC-V 148 - 2.8%

>BTOOOM 06
What the fuck happened?

yugioh peaked with card games on motorcycles

Will VRAINS fare well? Place your bet here

I bet "nah"

The episode got delayed so it was just a black screen for 25 minutes

Yes, that means people hated the direction of Arc-V so much, it was considered worse than a black screen

>Will VRAINS fare well?
Considering Japan's reaction to the last series by this writer, probably

Didn't watch it but I must say, that's pretty damn impressive for an anime to be this hated.

I liked the early episodes

So did everybody

The problem wasn't that it was just bad. There's plenty of anime that were bad. It's just that it started out so good it was ridiculous. It was almost too good to be real. That's how much the show slipped

>1. ARC-V 148 - 2.8%
100% deserved. This shitty ending was the perfect way to end this shit show.

What the fuck happened on the finale?
I saw the first 60 episodes or so and it wasn't any bad, it was quite entertaining even.

>That's how much the show slipped
What happened though? It seems like it'd be hard for a YGO series to fall that low. How much worse can it be than a bunch of filler duels?

Also is there an estimation of when it stops being good? I'd watched the first 20 or so eps and was really digging it, but might just quit if it's that bad for a lot more of the series.

>I saw the first 60 episodes or so and it wasn't any bad, it was quite entertaining even.
That's how we all felt

>What the fuck happened on the finale?
They beat the final boss way too early and even though the show had fallen to shit way before that, they still had like 10 more episodes left. The entire plot of said10 episodes hinged on getting a baby to smile.

The fall of the show starts around the end of the first arc 52 episodes in as it introduces this one fucking card which becomes the MCs mantra through the show. But at that point it's not really "bad". That comes at episode 92. The point where Japan just fucking gave up

>South Korea aggregated Nico Nico polls of the show and basically note the show fell apart at Episode 92. (The Four Yuyas and their Dragons in the Subway Tunnel).
>It rebounded a bit with Jack and then keeps ping ponging through the Xyz and Academia arcs, and the viewers of the show keep dropping based on this data.
>To put it very simply: Episode 92 destroyed the "Show an answer / ask a question" format of trust with viewers. 92 made it look like Kamishiro is writing at the seat of his pants, focusing on shock value over actual substance. And when Episode 92 made it obvious he was screwing with the viewers to get reactions out of them (a la LOST and its infinite twists), the viewers decided to tune out and go off elsewhere.
>Because Kamishiro made it clear he never wants to actually answer his show's questions and he can't pre-plan worth shit.

>The entire plot of said10 episodes hinged on getting a baby to smile.
Not that guy, but what do you mean?

Exactly that.

Haha, oh wow. I haven't seen anything like this ever since VVV 22.

That's some real FKMT-tier suspense sounding duels

I see. Well that's not so bad, I think I'll keep watching and then just enjoy the blaze at the end as it burns out.

>hinged on getting a baby to smile.
How did it even got to that point?

yugioh was never good

True, but it was never this bad.

Short answer: Exactly what I said

Long answer: So the main bad guy takes out all the main characters except for this one kid who ends up channeling the soul of the girl who defeated the bad guy in the first place (before this, this kid didn't even remotely seem like he would be important), defeats the main bad guy and seals his soul inside himself by using these 4 special cards. It's then revealed out of nowhere that apparently doing this causes the user to revert into a baby. As said before the main bad guy is sealed inside this kid-now-turned-baby and apparently said bad guy is still evil so he can come back through the baby or something so the last ten episodes are the main character trying to get this baby to EGAO, I mean, smile by dueling his friends and showing the baby a fun duel

The big bad's soul gets absorbed into a character who then is turned into a baby for no real reason, and somehow making that baby smile fixes everything.
That's why Yuya duels some of his companions for 8 episodes while the baby watches.

This sounds like something I would see in a comedy.
It could do for an episode of Milky Holmes.

What keeps this franchise going?

They probably got it from the previous Vanguard season where the big bad was turned into a baby.
Only there they dumped him on the main girl's older brother to never be referenced again aside from the main character stealing his deck

Oh shit. So, that 'Muh EGAO' meme is about smiling for real?
I thought that was a joke.

that is seriously impressive

>I thought that was a joke.
Oh, oh no no no

It is the sole thing that drives the protagonist. It is said no less than 311 times in the whole series. Entire armies of duelists fall to the word of Yuya's EGAO and it's all because of THIS fucking card

EGAO ruined the show. Hard.

Yuya was so fucking shit
>muh egao
>muh entertainment

This is the guy who's going to direct the next season of Symphogear, right? I think this might actually be worse than GX.

>show actually devolved into EGAO
Fucks sake

>This is the guy who's going to direct the next season of Symphogear, right?
He's directed every season of Symphogear

>Build up that this bullshit is not the only way to solve issues
>Completely ignore it every arc

I hate that they had such good writing potencial for every character yet fucked it up because they didn't care, the voice actors cared and the animators cared but not the head writer, card writer and director and as a result we have the worst series in the franchise.

No he didn't. He directed G, where it started slipping, and then GX which was utter shit. Season one (the undisputed best one) wasn't him.

The card game is an extortion racket.

Whoops

Especially now BUY LINKS

It's worse than you think. The final boss is forgiven because he wanted to make the world EGAO by destroying it. The guy who started the interdimensional genocide also got away with no consequences after he accepted Yuya's EGAO.

I thought that was a clone instead of a baby in Vanguard.

>The episode got delayed so it was just a black screen for 25 minutes
and still only 13th worst

So basically the show wraps up with "Leo did nothing wrong" but in the most bland and innofensive way possible?

Holy shit the wasted potential

Almost every YGO does that. Zexal ended its first part by justifying the villain trying to genocide a world because his younger kid was acting more autistic than usual.

I'm glad this ride is over. The sadness of watching a show soar so high only to crash and burn harder than any other was too much for me.

This is how the show ends

Zarc did nothing wrong
Leo deserves to be forgiven
Fuck you Shun

I'd still consider GX and Zexal worse than ARC-V. But yeah, apathy fucking killed this show.

You kind of neglected an important factor named "being possessed by Vector" in there

Hey, that's a nice extra deck you have there, be a shame if something happened to it. Why don't you buy these new cards here for some protection,user? Never know what might happen.

Those are in English already?

I was sure it was the baby of a clone. Ryuzu had a hard life.

I probably won't play much of Link format until a deck comes out that really grabs me. I really hope Vrains doesn't end up like this show did.

What's the appeal of Yu-Gi-Oh?
I've tried the shows when they came out but I always ended up dropping them early on.

It's fun to watch card games. Also sometimes they have decent plots(?)

holy fuck this explains everything

this is why s1 is so different from the clusterfuck-cliffhanger-bait bullshit jump-from-a-dramatic-scene-into-stroganoff-singing that s2 and s3 where.

I mean, symphogear s1 was far from perfect, but at least it sort of cared about its setting and did enough to make hibiki/chris/tsubsa interesting enough unlike the zombies that are the new characters.

Nostalgia, mostly. Grew up watching Duelist Kingdom/Battle City every Saturday morning.

And occasionally it's actually good (First third of Arc-V, first 64 episodes of 5Ds).

Yup, Ono ruins everything he touches. Look at 5D's after the Dark Signer arc and Arc-V after Standard. Yeah, sex cults but that's not really an excuse for how the character's became parodies of themselves.

It peaked towards the end of the manga, really.

Do you have to play the game to enjoy them?

I don't get it, does it means that Yu Gi Oh had the biggest audience but at the same time the biggest disapproval?

He destabilized the series with G, then him and daddy issues Kaneko finished it off with GX. I just can't see 4 and 5 not being shit.

Its the baby clone of char.
I wont say it made sense but since its theme was about time fuckery it stayed in theme

I haven't played the game since early 5Ds era and I still enjoy them. Though as shows, they do have faults honestly.

It means the audience that it had or what was remaining of it consistently voted it poorly most weeks

If you play the game, you'd probably get annoyed at how no one in the show plays optimally.

Ono makes a good first impression perpetually and does have instances of greatness, but it's obvious he lacks the passion or simple work ethic to truly be a good director for anything beyond the first arc of any given production he works on.

He's like a kid with a talent that he never develops, just coasting by with bare minimum effort and fucking himself and his work over whenever shit requires more than that bare minimum effort.

I liked the whole time fuckery thing. Ryuzu wasn't inherently evil, but still needed some punishment.

Looking at 5Ds, Arc-V, Symphogear G and GX, I've figured out that Ono has a serious problem with scope.

5Ds had production issues so some of it is forgivable though it still shares a problem. He is clearly a guy who has the "ideas" in his head but when it comes to actually realizing those ideas, he fucks up hard. Especially for something like Arc-V which promised a war unlike that which we've ever seen and all these potential-filled characters and then realized "welp I can't handle that shit"

Hell, when I think about GX meandering for most of it's middle run really strikes me as the same shit that happens with Arc-V. Also, what the fuck is with this guy and forgiving parental figures

Pretty much, it's like like DM where the game was a means to an end, in GX,5D's,Zexal and Arc-V it's literally the be all end all of the characters, everything they do revolves around this game. in GX, there's a school for card games, in 5D's your place in society is decided by the game, in Zexal an entire city is addicted to card games and in Arc-V entire dimensions revolve around said game. Now, in Vrains, the newest one, crimes are committed through use of the game and the internet. it's madness and it's clear the shows only exist to sell the game and whatever new gimmick the game has, Fusions, Synchros,Xyzs, Pendulums and now Links.

Don't mind me

>and it's clear the shows only exist to sell the game and whatever new gimmick the game has
Nobody has pretended otherwise.

>it's like like DM where the game was a means to an end
Unless you count the filler arcs

>Virtual World where you can only live through playing card games
>Doma arc completely relied on Duel Monsters existing
>KC Grand Prix, do I even need to say it

>Also, what the fuck is with this guy and forgiving parental figures
>Dad causes a massive explosion that kills alot of people and starts a class warfare society
>Comes backs as a ghost to tell his son to stop being a pussy and even slaps his shit several times.

>Dad vanishes for 3 years without a word and when he comes back he just makes everything worse when he could of stopped the entire thing just to preach his bullshit narrative

God, do I fucking hate Yusho, there's no reason why he couldn't have used that card of his again or broken those tanks holding the girls.

I prefer the one time the show existed to promote and sell the manga.

Coincidentally, that was not only the best show Yugioh ever had, it was also the only one with sane pacing.

Where is Valvrave S2 last episode? I thought that was a recond?

Arc-V broke that record.

Here was the Nico Nico ratings 6 months ago

1. Arc-V 122 - 6.1%
2. BTOOOM 6 - 7.6%
3. Arc-V 121 - 8.8%
4. Arc-V 118 - 10.3%
5. Arc-V 19 - 13.6%
6. Arc-V 120 - 13.8%
7. Arc-V 123 - 14.6%
8. Kumamiko last episode - 16.1%
9. Valvrave last episode - 18%
10. Arc-V 119 - 19.2%

What made people butthurt about Valvrave? I don't recall being particularly upset about any episode.

Sweet mother of God.

You have to try really REALLY fucking hard to be this hated.

Well it wasn't exactly very good and that last episode was really poor quality you have to admit

I don't know, I'm a big sucker for that sentimental shit so whatshisface losing his memories gave me feels.
It wasn't super great but it also wasn't super terrible.

THEY TRIED!! THEY TRIED REALLY HARD!! EVERYTHING I LOVED ABOUT IT WENT TO SHIT!

You cannot fanthom, how downhill that went. It was as if it actually went out of its way to fuck up with the fans! They ruined all characters from GX, Zexal and Arc-V's own cast, while wanking 5D's characters dick over and over!
Every fucking season, Yuya, the protagonist, has a personality reset and has to re-learn the same things over and over! Everyone that had an ounce of intelligence loses it, they forget their purpose, the plot, the things explained to them THE EPISODE BEFORE!
AND THIS IS EVEN THE BEGINNING!

>The episode got delayed so it was just a black screen for 25 minutes
If it was Gintama it would be one of the best episodes ever made

Yusho and Leo. Shit fathers who apparently did nothing wrong

I remember when we thought Yusho's thing of "when you feel like crying, laugh" would be considered an actual destructive thing

The last few episodes of Arc-V really made it seem as if they were actively trying to disappoint more and more.

>They ruined all characters from GX, Zexal and Arc-V's own cast,
What they did to Edo and Asuka deserves blacklisting from the industry

BUT HOW ABOUT THAT CROW AMIRITE?

Uh, weren't you guys saying this was the best anime since sliced bread a year or two ago?

The fact that he died was dumb, the fact that his bro, his rapist and his idiot friend still continue to live was even dumber, the fact that he ultimately died for nothing is even more dumb, think about it, 200 fucking years and his friends are still out there fighting and fighting and fighting. That's sad as hell, they're living by craving for death so they can see the object of their shared affections again.

Zarc was so full of asspulls and so bad as a villain, they had to kill the entire extra-deck mechanic by introducing Links for Vrains.

The duels were fucking amazing but it went straight to shit when the synchro arc happened

Arc-V was bad, and at the same time, it wasn't.

It swund back and forth, between good and bad, like a PENDULUM!

Keyword being "was"

Huh? Didn't the show end with a flash forward where everything is okay? Maybe my memory is just shit.

>The only one with sane pacing
>With all of that ridiculous filler

DM anime was a shitty adaptation of a great manga. If you're talking about Season 0, although its not weighed down with tons and tons of shitty filler, it is still a watered down adaptation of a far superior manga, no point watching it other then Megumi Oogata.

Now that ratings are out, Ono finally take the point?

Hello, anyone see Ruri and Yuto?

Someone explain to me how exactly it's so hated?

He probably interpreted it as not enough 5Ds characters in it, since only after synchro did the ratings truly go dowhill

Holy shit...How do you pull that off?

Started out good, but then absolutely everything went wrong.

You know the personalities and goals characters are supposed to have and demonstrate the whole show? They threw that off

>Didn't the show end with a flash forward where everything is okay
It ended with Shoko meeting some aliens 200 years later

It essentially had everything going for it and gathered a large amount of people watching and then it went downhill hates continuously following for a year and a half

So kind of like Naruto and Bleach?