Wait a minute here

Wait a minute here.

Do people really wear watches like this? or is this a Japanese thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

casio.com/products/watches/classic/f91w-1
casio-intl.com/asia/en/wat/water_resistance/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you serious?

yep. its worn face down to prevent you from glancing at it all day. you have to make a conscience choice to look at the face. If you've never worn a watch you won't get it. but they can be HUGE distractions when you're bored and make it seem like time stands still.

its to prevent clumsy retards from scratching the face if you bump into things

That's how women wear it, so that they could make that cute dorsiflexion gesture whenever they need to look at the time. Men wear it on the other side so that when you look at it you have to straighten your wrist and clench your fist in an aggressive masculine gesture.

Take this knowledge with you, and use it wisely in your eventual transition, friend.

yes, to protect it from scratches.
Most military personal and /k/ wear it that way.

>transition

Girls wearing watches is my fetish.

That's an oddly specific fetish, user

My penis likes what it likes. I got a little excited when I saw the thread, only to be disappointed at the lack of content.

This is a very good indicator of how often OP crawls out of his basement.

It's normal for women to wear it like this. My mom does it.

It's a women thing.

People do it all the time you dumbfuck

here

Good taste.

yes, so it doesn't accidentally reflect light and gives away where you are hiding.

Nice.

Why is she wearing it upside down? Is she brain damaged?

I wear it like that since it was easier on my wrist when I got dropped in basic.

Habit just stuck

Nah. She has it the right way if you were to extend her arm out and look down.

I wear watch that way.

Why is Nyamo so much hotter than Yukari?

Who the fuck even wear watches anymore. You've got your phone to tell you time and date.

>Owning a phone

What way does Pat from that SNL skit wear his/her watch? This could be groundbreaking.

My elementary teacher used to wear it like this.

This.

If you're not a shut-in, you should have a phone. If you are one, you obviously don't need a watch.

Leave it to Sup Forums to be as unaware of fashion as possible. Maybe you don't want to be seen in public with your $25 watch, rightfully so too, but people with actual watches wear them as an accessory instead of only as a timepiece.

Is this why men wear watches much more often than women?

A fashion accessory for the wrist is called a 'bracelet', user.

>accessorizing

Good luck showing off your wealth with a bracelet as a man.

You are talking in a board that spend most of their time screaming in threads about how unrealistic and pandering the dressing of female characters are despite that's exactly how women dress up in countries that matters, which exclude shit sandnigger countries.

Fashion is based on pandering for both the wearer and the intended viewer.
Only basement dwelling retards in Sup Forums who haven't been out in society for years don't get it.

>Is this why men wear watches much more often than women?
Yes, a nice watch is a men's accesory.
It's why some people only wear fancy watches to events and parties, it's part of the outfit.
Seriously, how could you not know this?

The intended viewer for anime is not Sup Forums.

>2017
>submitting to the botnet

Me too.

My mom used to wear her watch like this too. This is definitely a women thing

I'm so glad our world progressed to the point we don't need watches anymore. Every time I was wearing one it was a huge annoyance.

I'm not gonna pull out my phone to know the time, that's just dumb

As far as I know, women are supposed to wear their watches on their right hands, while males are always supposed to wear them on their left. And yes, women can wear their watches like that, if the watch is thin.

If you have tiny wrists and/or the strap is too big, the weight will make the watch face that way naturally. You end up either readjusting the watch all day or being lazy and get used to checking it like that.

I have a plain, brown leather silver faced watch.

I feel naked without it

Because I don't care about men's fashion? It's not like I ever speak to any anyway, unless cashiers count.

I don't know if this is true or not but I believe military members would wear watches like this so they can check the time without having to remove their hand off their rifle.

>I don't care about men's fashion but I'll speak as though I'm on authority on the subject only to backpedal later
Classic Sup Forums.

You always wear the watch on your non-dominant hand, so you can check the time while doing something else with your other hand.

I recently bought a nice Seiko watch to use on special occasions and meetings.
It's just a way for men to wear an acceptable accesory.

>Most military personal and /k/ wear it that way.

Pretty sure the rationale for military wearing it this way, is that they can hold their gun and also read the time this way.

I have never seen someone pull out their phone to check the time and not look like a complete fucking tool doing it.

I don't know but it's super cute.

I speak like I'm an authority on every subject. It makes people take you more seriously and, when you're user, has precisely zero consequences.

You should try it.

The satisfaction of knowing you're retarded is more than enough.

Whether you care or not is irrelevant. You should at least be aware so that you don't make yourself look like an idiot.

Sup Forums - Watches and Fashion

>caring about the arbitrary human measurements of time
I do not need to know what time it is to other people, I just do what I feel like when I feel like it.

I'm anonymous. I really don't care if I look like an idiot for precisely one (1) thread.

I like your style, user.

>That's how you end up friendless like what you are right now, user.

I remember this thread circa 2014.

Every repost is a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost

>wearing watches
>using them as accessory
>using any accessory at all
>2000+sqrt(289)

Spoken like a true husk who has nothing in his life.

Look at your wrist.
Now put your hand next to your head.
Think how your wrist just moved.

Just look at this pleb.

He's practicing true hedonism without a time table for future plans. He has the innate ability to live in the present and I admire him for that because I'm always thinking about the past.

>needing things other than your own mind and body
Plebs, all of you.

spoken like a pleb that never leaves the house nor has any reason to know what time it is

I actually feel bad for you.

Who Raketa here?

You live in the present regardless.

>he needs his mind
Who /soul/ here?

>be in high school
>surrounded by people
>wear a cheap digital watch/stopwatch
>set it to line up exactly with the bell so you can count the seconds until you can leave
>if things get bad you can play with the stopwatch, trying to pause the timer at exactly five seconds
>focus on the clock to ignore all the people around you and stay sane

Ten years later I still wear digital watches. Actually I need a new one, but they're getting kinda hard to find.

>he isnt a figment of his own imagination
Casual.

Watchfags, everyone.

Zashiki-warashi masterrace.

u mad outsidefag?

>digital
How retro do you want to go?
casio.com/products/watches/classic/f91w-1

Little more.

>having a soul
>not being merely the quantum links of his mind

>he isn't the entire universe
How silly of you, me.

>he isn't every infinite possible existence in every universe, plane, timeline, dimension, reality, parallel world, alternate world, and disconnected existence that is separated completely and totally from our own existences by everything but himself
I sent someone back to some point in your past to rebuke you, good luck finding it.

FWIW, this is what I wear (pic related, the W-59). Same size and shape as the F-91, but I think the layout is a bit better. Additionally, it is wate resistant down to 50m, while the F-91 is not even rated to be worn in the shower (I understand it is very waterproof, but casio themselves say that watches with the WR rating of the F-91 are not safe to be worn in the shower or even when washing your hands, it's in the manual that comes with their watches and posted online here: casio-intl.com/asia/en/wat/water_resistance/)

are you retarded
that's how women wear watches

Problem is, even when a character canonically wears a watch, fanart seldom includes it. One of the things that drives me nuts about Pokemon fanart in particular

In my case I use one for my job as I'm a physicians and we use it to look at time, take heart rate and breathing rate, as taking out a phone is in some hospital forbidden or is an unprofessional way, other time is practical to look at your wrist and have the time without taking your phone each time and also piece of accessory for some

Women are fucking idiots then.

Yes, when I was a kid, everyone used their casios like that because Hannibal Smith. I use it like that when I ride my road bike.

No. This is a very unusual way to wear a watch no matter where you are in the world. Almost all people who wear watches wear them normally, with the dial facing outward, not inward as in that picture.

Observe the way people wear their watches next time you are out in public.

The character depicted in your image has her watch drawn in that way to specifically indicate that she is a little weird. Wearing a watch like this is not quite as eccentric as carrying a pocket watch, but it is close.

No. This is not a military thing. Ask about it in /k/ and you will be aggressively ridiculed. I see dozens of soldiers in the airport when I travel every week, and 80% of them are wearing a 6900-type Casio G-Shock in the normal way, facing outward. The current military solution to scratch or impact damage to watches is to wear durable watches, like those G-Shocks. The remainder are wearing other watches, in the normal way, facing outward. I spend a lot of time checking out the watches people wear when I am in public and I have never once seen any military personnel wearing a watch facing inwards.

No. I've seen a couple of women in the airport wearing their watches like that, and hundreds wearing them normally. It is certainly more common in women, as I have only once seen a man wearing it that way. But it is by no means common, even among women.

Indeed. You could wear a two-pound bracelet of 24k gold on your wrist and it would only just be in the ballpark of the wealth you can display with a mid-range steel-cased Swiss luxury watch.

No. The standard way to wear a watch is on the non-dominant hand, regardless of gender.

No. This is not part of any military doctrine. Additionally, if you have ever held a rifle, you will understand readily that this position does not help you read the time at all.

Rin wears a Cartier Tank in 18k gold. Notice how she wears it in the normal fashion, dial facing outward, on her left wrist, because she is not culturally and socially maladjusted.

>Indeed. You could wear a two-pound bracelet of 24k gold on your wrist

You'd also look like a faggot.

what if you also had a purple suit and a cane?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Aren't those kinda out of date?
I haven't seen anyone wearing them in ages.

Yes, but only for small watches.

Where does Rin get the money to buy something like that?

the fuck it doesn't. you can read your watch great with it facing in while holding a long gun

Faggots

>Do people really wear watches like this?
Yeah, for women's watches with nice bands it looks better to just treat the band like a bracelet and hide the face.

She's the sole successor of an ancient lineage of wealthy mages who live in a goddamn mansion. What did you expect?

Also,

>I spend a lot of time checking out the watches people wear when I am in public

ITT: Literal fucking autism.

You're overthinking it a tad IMHO.
I've always wore my watches on my left wrist, with that girl.
It's just more convenient that way, since it's the gesture that is the 'easiest" for my brain, and the movement made to watch what time it is is faster than facing upward.
>saving time + energy

Most people wear them with screen turned up because it's the standard way, like you see in watches commercials and movies.

But most of the times when you check time (waking, driving, lying down, watching a movie)
your arms will laying by your sides/
turned in a way that make it faster to read time than if it was facing the other way.

It's just more convenient, saves precious time and energy (and the risk of bumping into something/someone by making that
"movement you make with your arm when you watch the time"

So unless you want to show-off your expensive and classy watch, it's just inconvenient in most situations to wear it "commercial style".

Yeah non-native speaker...

>I've always wore my watches on my left wrist, with that girl.

meant like the the girl in OP's picture

It is not "commercial style". It is just the normal way of wearing a watch. You can wear it upside down if you want to, but it will never be the normal way.

Go and do as I said. Ask in /k/ and you will find that you are aggressively ridiculed for suggesting it.