Why do Canadians think they won the War of 1812

Washington was burned in August of 1814 by thoroughly British infantry fresh from the Peninsular War in Spain. They sailed across the Atlantic, arrived via Bermuda, and landed in Maryland. They were under the command of Major General Robert Ross, who seems not have set foot on North American soil in his life prior to the assault, and who would die in action before ever reaching Canada itself.

They broke the American defenses in Maryland at the Battle of Bladensburg, marched inland, occupied Washington, put it to the torch, and then lit out again. "Canadians" had nothing whatever to do with it except in the most dubious abstract sense -- that is, of the thing having been accomplished by soldiers fighting on the same side as the Canadian colonists. In much the same way, it was the Soviets who landed in Normandy in 1944, and the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TeRDhf41Mk
constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-case-of-the-missing-13th-amendment-to-the-constitution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

I never used to think about Canadians at all because Canada is totally fucking irrelevant but since coming on here I am forced to interact with them.

They seem to have based their entire "identity" on NOT being American. What a fucking (leaf) sad state of affairs.

On the war of 1812, there is basically nothing taught about it here but I found this book to be a good source if you are into navel battles.

*naval, kek.

Canada was not a official country until 1867. If there was a war being fought it was by British subjects residing in what would become Canada.

...Except that's wrong, you snow Mexican. The British troops were STATIONED in Canada, they weren't dirty syrup kikes. You are like the Kangz of the anglos

what's the war of 1812?

An anglo war, Fingolian

SYRUP

A large storm pushed the British out of DC and put out the fires. Also America burned down York (Toronto)

burgers wanted leaf land and started a war with the brits for it

Congress refused to agree to having the forerunner of the (((FED))) the National Bank, since it wold be controlled by the Rothschilds.
So they had their Brit bitches start a war with the USA to get it deep in debt and force it to borrow money.
Which happened and the Rothschilds got their National Bank till President Jackson kicked their sorry asses out.

Yes and the fact that the British were kidnapping US sailors totally had nothing to do with this, we wanted to invade Cuckistan. Just like Hitler

The Leaf believes this. It was due to the fact that the British were Impressing US sailors.

The Royal Navy is pretty impressive, I am not surprised America got jealous and started a war desu

Funny because when I was in Afghanistan your Royal Marines were literally making out with each other. WTF happened to your empire, anglo?

>Confederate flag
>traitors to the United States
>were trying to ally with the British to defeat the United States
>literally never won a single war
>all because they love niggers so much they can't let them go

Dislocated your arm reaching for that one bong

>Assuming Washington DC was the only event of the war

>Canadian Voltigeurs BTFO entire american army led by fat 60 year old statesmen.

Hardly matters anymore, only basic-tier autism dances on the corpses of the few generations of Canadians that actually had any patriotism.

>milk comes in bags
not accurate everywhere in canada:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TeRDhf41Mk

You invaded us and failed, we (british mostly) invaded you and failed, but burnt down the mutt-house

>>Canadian Voltigeurs
>"Some of the Voltigeurs were in action at the Battle of Lacolle Mills (1812)" literally lists no major battles or victories. Source: cucknadian propaganda
>Only basic-tier autism dances on the corpses of the few generations of Canadians that actually had any patriotism
Holy fuck you literally have to look to before Canada actually existed to find any patriotic leafs. Day of the rake when?

>Be bong
>Try to set fire to stone building
>Autistically pile up furnature outside, set ablaze
>Rain puts this out
200 years later, Canadians
WE DID THAT

seems a major victory

Post the actual troops that burned the house, chink. Oh wait, I already did that

>Thread making fun of Canada
>"Canada did do something what are you on about wank."
>B-but Canada didn't exist leaf BTFO'd lol

Pic related.

I love the confederates are traitors meme. Because anyone who screams that is ignorant to history. At the end of the war, confederates were considered US citizens, US soldiers and given due respect as such.

Post the source. If it's Veterans Affairs propaganda I'm going to smack you

This. Also thinking it was ever a good idea to let wild apes roam freely and give them citizenship. Southerners are the most red pilled patriotic Americans you will meet, mostly because they have extensive knowledge of the diddndu problem. Meanwhile faggot leafs define their existence by being not American; basically 90% of our culture minus 1st and 2nd amendments

>can't defend the lacolle whooping
>muh white house burning. muh chink

ebin

News flash, going to war against your own government by trying to expunge federal forts of their soldiers is treason.

We didn't win the war of 1812, we weren't even really a player. Canadians who say we burnt the White House down are stupid or willfully ignorant of our 'history.'

You faggots wish you had the balls to stand up to your government and get rid of the crown. Have another double double

"P-post your source butthurt leaf!"

>Pic provides dates, times, location and battle names

You can look yourself.

Canadians think that they won the war because they beat back all major American invasions of Canada. In reality, they only did not lose. Had the war gone on longer, America would have done better

>is
*was

No no, go back to trying to affirm that the Confederates weren't rebels and traitors. Please, defend source material instead of goalpost changing.

Because they DID win the war of 1812! Don't believe me? Check this shit out:
constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-case-of-the-missing-13th-amendment-to-the-constitution

>Why does Canada think they won the war of 1812?

Because they fought on the same side as the British, dummy.

why put history in bracket? quebec alone was established in the 1600s

We failed in invading you, but the brits failed in invading us. The burning of Washington was a raid

I'd actually be more interested in discussing how your modern day military is meme tier shit and why you LARPed so hard for so long in Kandahar...

You're talking about the war in which America sued for peace pretty much the moment the British defeated Napoleon, freeing up most of her military might.

Let's not forget the American war of independence was only won with the help of the French.

>Spoken about by a Canadian
>The British won
>Spoken about by a British person
>The Canadians won

Because it was a campaign of the napoleonic wars, wars that the us was more or less on frances side and Canada was on the opposite side

Americans like to pretend like we weren’t on frances side and the British sending a fucking invasion across the ocean in 1812 was just a conincidence

We still came or on top taking advantage of frances destruction though

stop taking credit of British achievements you faggot leafs!

Leafs here are an OK bunch.
You just need a fairly high IQ to appreciate their shitposts

Probably the most intelligent post tbqh

Because your wihte house burned.

The American and British populous was sick of war. The Americans beat the British Army at New Orleans, and killed three generals. If the war had gone on, more of this would have happened, as american tactics became more and more deadly.

Papa knows

meanwhile the brit navy had you entirely blockaded and wouldve bankrupted your country as they raided your coasts with impunity

Stop bullying Quebec

I've come to realize you guys aren't even DCOps, you're just authentically this stupid as a result of being Irish-Italian mutts. Sage.

It's what the American National Anthem is about.

The British were putting a hurting on America. But there was people watching the fight and one of them wrote down what he witnessed and it became the Star Spangled Banner.

America had Ships of the line coming off the ramps at the end of the war, and American ships had been destroying their British counterparts in one on one engagements. Not to mention that we had privateers blockading the British isles, and destroying most of the commerce there.

We got their poutine and beavertails, we don't need them.

Okay now we sacrificed our lives in WW2 to save your ass from Germany and this is how we are being treated? Rude. As soon as the Queen croaks we republic nao.

Francis Scott Key I think.
A relative of F Scott Fitzgerald, the author of The Great Gatsby. Cool trivia.

The British who became leafs shortly thereafter btfo America and burned the white house down. Americans are still ass blasted to high hell about it, as you can see from op

lol

Try this

Hull (Gatineau) is a fun place to be a degenerate although

>Because your wihte house burned.
We also gained millions of acres of land

> British infantry fresh from the Peninsular War in Spain. They sailed across the Atlantic, arrived via Bermuda, and landed in Maryland. They were under the command of Major General Robert Ross, who seems not have set foot on North American soil in his life prior to the assault, and who would die in action before ever reaching Canada itself.
WE WUZ KANGZ!!!! Fuck you're stupid

Not to mention more of Wellington's best, including his brother-in-law, Pakenham, were slaughtered at New Orleans

a union flag doesnt mean anglo sadly

No

And you had the help of the Germans.

Point is, what does it matter? You still lost

A wonderful war for all involved. Everyone won. And I get to live in Orlando, the Happiest Place on Earth!

See? Look how triggered this makes the burger. It's almost as bad as when you talk shit about them wearing shoes inside (I'm not sure if that's just a meme, though).

I don't know much about this, and I really ought to.
I'm ex British Army and military history is fascinating to me. I tend to focus on the ancient things - I'm interested in ancient warfare techniques and practical archaeology.
This 1814 series of events doesn't seem like a definite case of warfare as we usually understand it. For sure, there were battles. But the British Empire was very strong at that time. I would argue that a distinction between the Canadian forces and the British Empire would be historically invalid. They were one and the same - at that time. The colonies in the United States were young; less than 100 years after the declaration of independence. That there would be enough friction to light flames of warfare isn't surprising.

I find the history of North America utterly engaging.Was it Canadians or Brits who did it?
My argument is that they were the same at that moment in history. (but I must read more)

>Living in a state surrounded by beaches but not by one
Why the fuck would anybody want to live in Orlando beyond college age

I don't care, I really don't. If Canada wants to win that shit then by all means let them.

Americans think they won in Vietnam, they didn't but that doesn't stop them thinking it so just let them have fun with it. It's irrelevant.

I'm sure people who were loyalists and descendants of loyalists who left the US and moved to Canada due to persecution after the Revolution got some joy out of knowing the White House burned. That said to my memory soldiers from what would became Canada mostly just played defense to keep the US Army out since the US did stupidly think taking Canada would be a piece of cake and that Canadians would even celebrate becoming part of the US.

Majority of Americans can admit we lost in Vietnam. Zero Canadians will admit to the same in Kandahar, and they turn into the most sensative niggers when you bring up the glaringly obvious.

Yeah all 1500 of them from little Kingdom in Germany called Hasse Kessel.

Dumb nigger, you had the help of an entire Empire.

Correct. Most people in Canada at the time we're british, German or French (fuck the French) and still considered themselves as British settlers and thus Canada and Brits were considered more or less one in the same at that time

lol no,king george would of just sent the whole army to crush you...you only fought a sliver of the british army and even after 10 years you didnt beat us out right,we kinda gave up and said fuck you and walked away and focused on other colonies.

>Day of the Grill

Hilarious.
Just the concept of Canada every trying to militarily do anything to the US is hilarious.

It'd be like watching a blindfolded drunk paraplegic 4 year old gook try to fight Jon Bones Jones.

Keep talking shit and we'll cuck your white house down again bitch

>Battle of New Orleans
>Literally historically significant because the K:D was so fucking insane
>The assault on Jackson’s fortifications was a fiasco, costing the British some 2,000 casualties including three generals and seven colonels—all of it in the span of only 30 minutes. Amazingly, Jackson’s ragtag outfit had lost less than 100 men.

>ou didnt beat us out right,we kinda gave up and said fuck you and walked away and focused on other colonies.
...so you lost
Meanwhile the guy running your show is a literal product of cuckary

You're still going
Either you're a troll, or you're a fucking idiot.
Reminder: Enjoy those shitty obsolete F-16s you bought from Australia.

Meanwhile we burned down the white house and you're still crying
>B-but it wasn't Canadians it was British

Pathetic. I wonder how the people felt as they watched it burn. Can you imagine? Standing there as a bunch of maple niggers ride off after burning it down? Must have felt pretty cucky desu senpai

Britain won it, not Canada.

We made you look like idiots when you should have stomped us, though. Ran you around like retards with horribly inferior numbers and equipment for a good long while until Britain came to help, so you "didn't win" much more than we "didn't win." Niggers.

Fucking kek, your military couldn't even beat the NYPD
>The NYPD is the biggest police force in the country, with over 34,000 uniformed officers patrolling New York's streets, and 51,000 employees overall
>Army
Size
49,500 (23,000 regular force, 17, 000 reserve forces, 5000 rangers, 4,500 civilians)

Reminder. We burned down the white house.

Canadians who spout that we burned the WH down are just insecure about their nationality like %90 of this country. It's what happens when every history text book you read in school trys to destroy your national identity.

>War of 1812
>Implying Americans, Canadians, or British lost

The only people who lost were Natives who got massively cucked

Says the country that couldn't stop a few bandits from burning down the white house.

Reminder: ITT that was completely debunked
Reminder: A FUCKING LEAF

Reminder, Canada wasn't a thing and the troops stationed there were on deployment and returned to England after the war. Faggot

1812 is what a war should be, a good jolly bit of fun with no borders changing at the end.

the jews ruined war, it used to be about the bloodshed

Technically this is the correct answer. So many Natives died in the war they were too weak to halt American expansion afterward.

Stop bullying my navy, anglo scum

>Implying Canada was even a thing in 1812

man you should have seen how we fought the chinese a few years after this. Our canons outranged them, so we just went slightly further back and destroyed their entire fleet and land fortresses

i can just imagine a smug anglo pepe on his ship of the line whilst Qing Wojak sits and rages because none of his shots are in range

can anyone post some funny ameri-mutt memes?

>i know its not relevant