Hey guys I got a question, what's the difference between a weeb an a otaku...

Hey guys I got a question, what's the difference between a weeb an a otaku? I friend was talking about em and I've no idea what they are.

Lurk more and find out faggot.

The answer is lurk more.

How did you get the words to be black?

a weeb openly identifies as an "otaku"

otaku openly identifies as "weeb"

Weeaboo want to be Japanese.
Otaku want to be anime characters.

Shouldn't the otkau want to be Japanese as well then?

>what's the difference between a weeb an a otaku?
otaku means that someone is obsessed with japan and anything from japan
weeb in 2007 ment someone is obsessed with japan and anything from japan
weeb right now means someone has an anime avatar

Weeaboos try to be japanese to the point where it hurts to watch
Otakus are either already japanese or make things seem ironic to hide being a weeaboo

Ahhh I see, thanks.

Lurk more.

But you wont do that: A weeaboo is an annoying piece of shit, usually a fat landwhale or a narutard with a headband, who loves anime, 'Japanese culture', and is an annoying cunt. Weeaboos are prone to either believing they're Japanese or else hell bent on moving to Japan, the classic is "I'm going to teach English in Japan!"

I haven't seen or heard of a real weeaboo in years but back before the internet was over-run by normalfags you had places like Gaia where they had circle jerk echochamber forums to discuss how Japan was the best place in the world, or how they were actually Japanese because their Malayan Grandmother got raped during the war. It's basically a thing from the 00's, but maybe I'm just too old to see it these days.

An otaku is pretty much as described in anime and manga, there are some on /jp/. And probably some weebs too but I don't go there.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Otaku is the Japanese word for geek. You can be an anime otaku, a gun otaku, even a sports otaku.

Weeaboo is a corruption of the word Wapanese, or white faggots pretending to be Japanese because they think it's a superior culture. They try to speak Japanese, act Japanese, and vocally promote anything from Japan whenever and where-ever they can.

Now lurk the fuck more you piece of shit.

Weeb is short for weeaboo, which is a nonsense word from a webcomic that was used as a wordfilter for wapanese because that word was so overused at the time on Sup Forums.

Generally speaking a weeb is a derogatory term for someone who is obsessed with Japan to the point of wishing they were Japanese. Generally they don't know nearly as much as they think they do about Japan and tend to look at it through rose tinted glasses either ignoring or ignorant of anything negative about it.

Otaku is a Japanese word for someone with obsessive interests. You can be an otaku about anything, and in this respect it's somewhat similar to "geek" in English. The English speaking anime community tends to take cues from the Japanese anime otaku culture, and early on started using the word otaku to refer to themselves. This has been pretty controversial at times with some people being against the use of an essentially derogatory term in that respect. Effectively when used in English as a loan word otaku means "Japanese pop culture geek" especially focusing on anime and manga.

Most weebs are otaku, not all otaku are necessarily weebs.

Why should I lurk more? What's lurking anyways.

It's when you go into your computer's file system and delete a folder called System32

Almost all weebs are otakus.

Not all otakus are weebs,

Also the word "weeaboo" is a strange one. Having almost NO connection to its origin whatsoever as far as I can see.

What's system 32

Lurking is when you try to find an erogenous section of your anal cavity with your finger
>>>/reddit/

Sounds like alot of fun my fellow otaku

A weeb is someone who posts on Sup Forums.

>5
Baka

Most informative

>Having almost NO connection to its origin whatsoever as far as I can see.

It was a wordfilter for wapanese because the word was being overused so much on Sup Forums as to have no meaning, similar to the nonsense word weeaboo in this Perry Bible Fellowship comic. Eventually weeaboo took the meaning of wapanese and mostly exterminated that word as far as I can tell.

How the fuck was I able to trigger so many weebs in one fucking thread, lurk until you know bait when it's right in front of you redditeirs.

This joke is the stalest ever since Windows hasn't had a system32 folder since the 64-bit transition.

differentiating is largely pointless for you.
Just leave it at "they're both barely human filth"

Old habits die hard. Much like posting in a bait thread.

Kill yourself.