What made Slayers so good?

What made Slayers so good?
Was it all Lina?

Guess again

delete this Lina is perfect

No, it was this cutie.

Good writing

Kanzaka is a great novelist even if he is a shit writer. What impressed me was how quickly the series deteriorated without the lns as framework

You mean the first 2 seasons (maybe 3 as well) only.

I thought the main plotline of Try was decent. What I didn't like was the filler in the second half. Most of it was stupid and broke up the flow of the season.

Has anyone read the manga? Worth reading?
Don't ignore the movies and OVA

>relevant to the series

I've read Aqua Lord, the one with the clock and I think medieval mayhem. They're all worth it if you want more slayers. Aqua kept triggering me because I she never once tries to Ragna Blade though. Clock is pretty average but it's pretty much the only time you get to see the characters from the novels outside of the novels.

I thought the manga for Revolution and Evolution-R were much better than their anime counterparts. I also liked Hourglass of Falces, although I didn't care for the amount of out-of-character fanservice.

Even if Slayers never gets another anime or novel again, I wish there would be another manga with an original storyline like Hourglass.

I'm convinced that Lina is the greatest female protagonist in the medium

Slayers sucked even in the 90s

Terrible opinion.

>coming back from school
>put one channel to enjoy Slayers opening

Fucking miss those ages, you could see good anime in a lot of channels, now there is only political views and shit like that.

>What I didn't like the filler in the second half
This, holy fuck. The filler was so out of place I genuinely thought I skipped some episodes by accident. First two seasons were great though. Definitely one of my favorite series from the 90s.

Next > Slayers > Try
I try to forget that evo and revo exist

The filler in Try was just too goofy and unbelievable, especially when the episodes before and afterwards were so serious. Next's filler felt more grounded, and was also a lot funnier.

Revo/Evo-R had the same problem with overly zany filler.

>fun characters
>solid world building
>good gags
>filler was actually good for most part
>Lina's amazing voice
I think that about covers it.

There will never be closer to LN anime reboot because people end up angry about Amelia and Zel not being major characters.

They could rewrite some parts to include them the way they did with the Slayers Special drama CDs, or just give them cameos or filler episodes.

Luke, Milina and Memphy should be more than enough to carry, I bet anime nerds would love Memphis. Strangely what I'm most disappointed about is the mangling of the LN filler in evo and the removal of minor characters like based Lantz and Rod

Zel and Amelia are my favorite characters, so if a new TV anime came out, I hope they would have some scenes in it. But I wouldn't mind them having reduced focus if that's what's needed to adapt the remaining main series novels.

After Try, Rev, and Evolution-R it's hard not to believe this.

Slayers has one of the most original japanese fantasy worlds AND one of the greatest casts in anime history.

This is important because a good japanese light novel is exceedingly rare.

I mostly agree.

>This is important because a good japanese light novel is exceedingly rare.

Light Novels in general weren't quite as much of a trash heap in the 90s.

Well, nostalgia is one of my weak spots maybe that's why I agree.

Konosuba is a worthy successor to Slayers. Stay tuned for its third season and all the filler they will fillit with.

I strongly disagree. The characters in Konosuba can't hold a candle to the charm of those of Slayers.

Simple. It made fun of many fantasy tropes.

Also when it was funny, it was funny. When something was about to get serious, it got serious.

she actually is
she has a personality instead of "i have bagina"