Do Kids Still Watch Anime?

It occurs to me that there's much less anime on American television than there used to be. I remember watching tons of it as a kid, mostly through Cartoon Network and the Toonami block. Now, though, CN only airs anime past midnight on Saturdays, and that's marketed towards teens/adults anyway.

Is anime dying in the American market? Or are kids just watching it on streaming platforms instead? What's popular with the kids today?

I'm the second cousin of a kiddo who really digs TTGL and the Last Airbender
Netflix has a library of anime that isn't very large and is mostly shit, but there's some entry-level series that aren't all bad
But yeah the only place in America where you can watch anime on regular TV is the Toonami block on [as]

I know there's plenty of Anime on Hulu, but I don't know how prevalent Hulu subscriptions are, and I don't know how often people discover new shows through services like that.

Anime is really more popular than its ever been, most kids watch anime on netflix now some might even have a crunchyroll subscription because they're favorite youtuber shilled out for it or they saw a commercial for it on tv.

I miss it when anime was still niche and we didn't have trend hoping normalfags who pretend to like it to be "in" with the "lol so nerdy xD" crowd.

No one under 40 watches tv. There is a lot of anime on netflix and if people weren't watching it they wouldn't keep adding it.

Not really. Not like we did, at least. If they catch it at all, it's probably either because they stumbled upon it or were recommended it by a friend/family member/algorithm, to watch on Netflix. Because middle class Americans don't watch cable tv anymore. Notice how commercials are more "diverse" now (more gay couples, interracial couples, minority families, etc.)? It's because the demographic of people who watch cable has completely shifted.

Also, there are no more Saturday morning cartoons.

It's not dying anywhere, but kids are not only not watching anime but cartoons and comics as well.

If the generations that enjoy anime were gone, there wouldn't be any anime in the US and would just fade away into obscurity in which Sup Forums would still enjoy though.
In fact, it's getting more popular since some artists put on anime-like shirts and related that makes it a little bit popular between the normalfags that there could be a chance that will become weebs like Sup Forums or just become that normalfag with shit taste.

Hopefully we will have anime for more decades, probably the next generation after the kids we have right now will watch anime because most of us that are enjoying it right now will watch nostalgia shows on TV and the future generation will watch it as well and have a new generation of weebs again.

It's a really repetitive circle, so if for some reason anime "dies", just wait

Anime is more popular today than it ever has been. I have no idea where kids today watch it (probably Netflix or online. They arent stupid and it isnt hard to go to kissanime or whatever) but I work around kids sometimes and they always bring up Naruto and Code Geass and dont even get bullied for it anymore.

But if you go to any park you can see kids do the kamehameha and play like ninjas all the time. I have the feeling you should go out more.

I know it's always been easy to find anime online, but I only ever did that as a kid because I caught a few episodes on TV and wanted to watch more. What's the "entry level" anime for kids today, and how do they find it?

>Also, there are no more Saturday morning cartoons.
You know what? I've noticed that as well. We had Friday nights, kids WB the next morning, and Toonami that night. What do these kids have now? Reruns of old spongebob episodes?

>What's the "entry level" anime for kids today, and how do they find it?
Naruto. Its everywhere

>Naruto. Its everywhere

Really? I thought kids would be starting out with something like SNK or One meme man.

I guess it will be a while before the dub finishes, that's true. But has nothing else come forward in the last 10+ years? I'm surprised that My Hero Academia hasn't made more of a splash in the American market. It seems like it would settle into the Naruto niche comfortably

Whatever they want, anytime after it's aired. You can stream almost any show, between Crunchyroll, Netflix, Hulu, and the various grey market streams.

What I'm interested in is if the teenage weeb scene has completely died off or been replaced or not.

>My Hero Academia hasn't made more of a splash in the American market. It seems like it would settle into the Naruto niche comfortably

Probably because the anime was only one cour most battle shonen adaptations don't keep running and not stopping like they used to. They get one or two seasons now and thats about it.

I don't think it was dubbed.

Scratch that, it was. On Funimation's... Twitch stream? I don't understand the world I woke up in.

>>What I'm interested in is if the teenage weeb scene has completely died off or been replaced or not.

Good question, I doubt there are any legitimate weeaboos left in their teens since they probably watch all their favorite youtubers laugh and cringe at them so they don't want to be weebs but will still like entry level anime.they still like anime but i doubt you will see teenagers wearing naruto headbands eating pocky or reading manga in the classroom anymore.

I havent heard the kids I'm around talk about MHA at all. I think some are into SNK but I'm not really sure. I try not to talk about anime with them and always act like I dont know anything about it. Naruto and Dragonball are probably the most popular because they have years worth of content that they can go through and then brag if they are ahead of their friends.

TV is dying incredibly quickly.
Netflix and Crunchyroll let people choose exactly what they want to watch instead of just watch what comes on.

It's vastly more popular than ever, user-kun.
Something you will realize if you ever went outside.
Weeaboo behaviors are mainstream and sociable behaviors now.
Pretty nice.

>mfw living the anime renaissance in weebo Mexico. see kids reading attack on titan in public, going to watch SAO movies, getting hyped for DB Super and One Punch Man dubs

feels good guys, the torch will die yet :')

Season 2 just started

Kids these days grew up with the internet and probably know how to use it. Tv, not just anime on tv, is dying a slow death