Joe Yabuki vs Ippo. Can Joe win?

Joe Yabuki vs Ippo. Can Joe win?

>Joe Yabuki
Literally who?

Lurk more, newfag.

Hey Joe...

They'd never fight, different weight classes.

That being said, Joe came from a different time in boxing. Things like winning by points and shit was not as common in big name matches, he came from a time when if you were gonna win, you'd win by beating the everliving shit out of the other guy and really no other reason. There's a reason Joe was suffering from punch-drunk before he died, because of how many heavy blows he took in hopes he could heavier ones back.

My point is mainly that unlike Ippo, Joe fights like the match will kill him.

Also one other thing I forgot, fights went on a lot longer in Joe's day. His final fight against Mendoza which killed him was a full 15 rounds before it went to Mendoza by decision. In the late 80s they changed it to 12 rounds because the number of deaths and permenant injuries it that occurred between rounds 13 to 15 were staggeringly high, the body just can't take punishment for that long.

Conversely, has Ippo even gone a full 12 rounds on an opponent that has killed someone in the ring before?

Joe killed a guy

True. Ippo has yet to cross the line into becoming an animal, and until that happens I don't think he can beat Joe. Same reason Takamura destroyed Hawk when in a daze, if you're willing to kill your opponent then you have a distinct advantage. Like that one guy said, Joe's not just a boxer, he's a murderer.

>Ippo fights the Champion of the World and gets destroyed by just simple jabs
>Joe fights the Champion of the World and hits him so hard it turns him into an old man

Good points. Here are some counterpoints.

a) Ippo would not be trying to win by points.
b) Ippo does not need to go 15 rounds if he could win by KO by the 6th round, so he doesn't need that stamina that Joe would have. This is assuming that we're going with the 15 rounds. If we're going to 12 rounds, it would be a moot point, since Joe's not the kind who would need to adjust/adapt his pace for fewer rounds. Nor should we expect Joe to go all Rope-a-Dope on Ippo.

The way I see it, this is a Foreman vs Frazier situation. With Ippo being Foreman and Joe being Joe... Frazier. Granted, Ippo's not actually a Foreman type.

Joe always lost when it mattered.

Joe is dead
Ippo is braindead
Not a very exciting match if I say so myself

Keep in mind though that Joe took on the greatest boxer in the world, a man so skilled he defeated one of Joe's hardest opponents by KO in the first round, and Joe took everything the guy had directly to the face (which killed him) and still delivered so much punishment to the man that it brought about premature aging from stress. And he did it when he was punch-drunk.

Other reasons I think it would go to Joe
I'm gonna have to say Joe for the following reasons.
>He beats his heavyweight training partner nishi up all the time, (though he did drop to middleweight).
>He has literally beat up dozens of people at the same time.
>Joe has more 1 hit ko fights than ippo does, it's just that in hajime no ippo, ippos strength is his main attribute.
5. Joe is a prodigy, he has fight sense that allows him to throw his corner man to the side and own his opponent, while ippo relies on kamogawa too much.
>Joe isn't a counter puncher, he is a brawler who relies in instinct to counter, ippo can only fight fighters who are more one dimensional, cause he heavily focuses on countering their strengths through training, that is why sendo beat him in their post takamura fight spar in the manga.
>most importantly, in the manga ippos hasn't crossed the line to become an animal yet, until he does he can't win since Joe is a monster. As one of his opponents said, "Mur.. durer."

whoops, messed up the formatting on one there.

>Joe is dead
I thought he was sleeping!?!?

The creator said he drew that final panel at the last minute and that it's meant to be ambiguous if he died or not. But the common interpretation is that yes, he died.

I remember Joe

seems a bit unfair, joe is more grounded in reality whereas ippo sometimes goes full souten no ken or some shit

saw a youtube video once that ana lyzed ippo's anime dempsey roll to rock and move several times faster than a full potential could move (due to the balancing issues from swaying that far from side to side and the speed delivering the punches would require the leg strength of a horse) keep in mind he's been shown to do 5 - 9 sways per second in some instances
ippo probably punches with over 1000lbs of force up to 50 times in a roll

Is Joe a good MC?

>Joe
>Dead
He's just sleeping you faggots. That white and black look is symbolic because he burned out to white ashes like he so much wanted. His boxing career ended but he's still alive and well and fucking Yoko every single night. I just know it.

It's ok senpai. You can cry

Boring and cliché . yoko a fucking shit

I remember

How is the Joe anime? Worth a watch?

Very yes.

If you're not a faggot and can watch very old stuff, it's more than worth it. Reading it is also an equally good option

Joe would win most of the first part of the match, and then get all cocky trying to provoke the dempsey roll only to try to counter it and ending in a multiple exchange where both get hit. Match then goes onto a double KO countdown, both fighters get up on 9, and then they start beating the shit out of each other until Ippo's stamina fails him and Joe either wins by figthing normally or provokes another Dempsey Roll which gets Dempsey countered countered, followed by him getting up at almost 10 and provoking another dempsey roll, this one gets a multiple exchange and the match ends in a double KO.

The originator of the CROSS COUNTA

There were funerals made for him, what do you think.

>Reading it is also an equally good option

Dude's a bantamweight. He'd get murdered if he cross counters the Dempsey Roll.

I'm not contesting that Joe would win, especially when you take "feats" into consideration. And of course, there's the whole weight class thing to take into consideration. The two comics are quite different and it sort of depends on whose universe/rules we're following. I mean, on the one hand, we have the somewhat more realistic Ippo-verse and then we have the Joe-verse where people can be prematurely aged through boxing. It's like Baby Steps vs Prince of Tennis. The former has an MC who plays against pro level players who nonetheless, are one trick ponies, and the MC is basically able to simulate a game like a supercomputer because he's pretty much the only player in the world who takes notes. While the latter has tennis that is able to cause the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Just one thing though...
>5. Joe is a prodigy, he has fight sense that allows him to throw his corner man to the side and own his opponent, while ippo relies on kamogawa too much.

Ippo relies on shit from Kamogawa. Kamogawa literally keeps sending Ippo in blind against his opponents. These are opponents whom, if Kamogawa did even a shred of research, would have been able to figure out their one gimmick, which would have saved Ippo from the beating he always gets in the early going of any given match.

All Kamogawa does within a match is to give moral support. He seems to be a decent trainer but an awful cornerman and manager.

He IS sleeping. It's called a dirt nap. Notice that there's no bucket for him to spit out water, it's because he's kicked the bucket. This panel is illustrated as if he's illuminated while six feet under the arena lights.

They already "fought" at some promotional event. Ippo won with a 5th round KO.

Didn't the newer better scans just finish though?

If they exist, I have not seen them. And Hox's scans ended 4 years ago, and they include these.

Didn't the author confirm he died in the final volume?