Perfect Mary Sues

>good work diana!
>you're so perfect diana!
>thank you for deciphering that magical dragon language you were fluent in by the age of 12 and also simultaneously having a solid understanding of ancient dragon finance diana!
Give me one good reason!
Give me one good reason why i shouldn't end this cunt right now!

Oh and here's a gun if anyone else has a mary sue they want to put an end to here in this thread!

You're acting like that stupid kid who was jealous of the smart ones so his only way to get recognition in the class was acting the bully role.
Glad Akko isn't such a lowly person like yourself.

I am not frustrated at Diana's genius but at Luna Nova's incompetence.

Dumb Akko

I want to marry Ursula and get her pregnant.

>get old hag pregnant
Please don't support degeneracy.

I came here to post this.

OP, are you actually Akko, or just RPing?

Here have a gun.

It's not a Mary Sue if she's the antagonist you dumb cunt.

There's talented (OVA Diana), and literally good at fucking everything(TV Diana)

Get off the internet Akko.

>dragon language
>is called dragonese
>dragonese
lost

End yourself, you pitiful underachieving pleb.

Akko is 100 times worse because all Akko does is fuck up all the time and gets away with everything and is always rewarded for her stupidity.

Even worse than a can do everything mary sue is one who can't do fuck all but messing up but the universe bends to make it so that it was a good thing

Cause then you'll miss her fall from grace as she loses to Akko. TO FUCKING AKKO OF ALL PEOPLE!

I thought Mary Sues were self-inserts of the creator of a particular story.

Yo Yoshinari is a dude though, unless he secretly wants to be a perfect little girl.

Or has the definition of the term been officially changed?

Get off of Sup Forums Akko before I kiss you on the lips, you cutie patootie.

Because she's going to get mad jelly when Akko ends up Andrew and becomes a decent witch / next Shario and an overall happy person while Diana is lonely as fuck.

It's used interchangeably for both.

Yeah, except she always fucks up in the end so hard it would destroy the world if Akko and her friends wouldn't be there.

OP isn't even trying to use the term in the right context, so don't worry about it.

What you think it means is wrong too, however.

The meaning of the term has evolved from a term about a fanfiction character who becomes the center of the story into one that encompasses characters that are perfect at everything they try, despite not putting in any visible effort to achieve it. Diana is a perfect example of this, because she has 0 academic flaws (She is top scorer in every single class), 0 social flaws (to the point she has every member of the faculties respect and can even access restricted sections of the school), and 0 visual flaws (constantly talked about in-universe about how beautiful she is).

what's the correct definition then? all my life i've always synonymized "Mary Sue" with "Perfect & Loved Self Insert"

A mary sue does not necessarily need to be a self insert.
An author can write a mary sue, and not see themselves in the character at all.

ah alright, these two anons answered my question thanks

>despite not putting in any visible effort to achieve it
Are we watching the same show?

And while I don't think Mary Sues are objectively bad (there are times when they indeed work), I still don't think Diana is a Mary Sue. For one thing, as the previous user pointed out, her being the story's antagonist almost immediately precludes her from being one.

At least she's not mean like in the ova.
Still waiting for the moment she become a little more dere dere.

Because she already has magic set up to stop the bullet. It was all part of her plan that you attempt to murder her and get thrown in prison for your crimes.

Diana was never mean, she just told it like it is.

I dunno, are we? Closest I've seen so far is "how to solve the world losing magic" problem. And I dunno if I'd qualify that as a flaw, considering the severity and difficulty of that. Honestly, the fact that the faculty entrusted her with the task should speak volumes to just how stupidly perfect her character is portrayed. Other than that, has she struggled to complete a single task?

By the way, I'm talking about the tv show, not the movies. They're separate canons. If we're referring strictly to the movies, then yeah Diana has fucked up more than a few times. TV show though, she's flawless so far. Obviously this is gonna change down the line (possibly even next episode). But up to the latest episode, she's too perfect (which I haven't mentioned before, but isn't necessarily a bad character design for her as most "too perfect" characters would be).

>All the people defending this lazy ass writing
Almost all LWA characters personalities are flat as boards, possible exception could be Ursula.

The more perfect you try to be, the bigger impact the smallest mistakes have.

She is an elite, she was forced from young to train in magic and act with social dignity, the show goes to great lengths to show her level of ability can only be reached by rigorous training and love for the craft. You can't see the effort of the things she does, but it is implied she had her own share of difficulties and understands the hard work and frustration of working in her abilities.

You're not responding to why I asked if we're watching the same show, but that's okay.

>Other than that, has she struggled to complete a single task?
There hasn't yet been many tasks given to her that she shouldn't be able to handle. The conclusion to episode 5 was lazy and dumb, but you're missing the fact that besides that, Diana hasn't had much of a hand in the solutions of most of the show's other dilemmas that have come up in most episodes. Mostly because she's hardly even present in most episodes. And even in the ones where she is, Akko is the one solving the problem (that she most likely got herself into). And aside from that, the story doesn't even try to present her as being particularly likeable, despite the fact that people do end up liking her regardless.
The definition of a Mary Sue isn't just that they're good at everything. You can easily write an outright villain who fills that criteria.

>By the way, I'm talking about the tv show, not the movies.
I am, too.

For the record, this isn't what I'm trying to do either..

But she's rude, proud and mean and the protag doesn't like her. And she messes us a lot of the time and someone else has to fix her mistakes. Doesn't that disqualify her from being a Mary Sue?

Villainous mary sues are a thing

Lotte, Akko and Diana personalities are fleshed out, Ursula is a mistery to me, you can only wonder what she has in store. I dislike Lotte personality as a whole, it clashes with my pov, and I know people like that, feels a little too real.

Other than being surrounded by chicks I don't get why Kirito is a Gary Stu. He clearly has good reason for being strong in MMOs. He actually lost a lot of critical fights. It's constantly stressed how he's a weak little bitch in real life.

I've seen some real Gary Stus and Kirito doesn't feel like one of them.

>Villainous mary sues are a thing
No, they're really not.

The results aside, real mary sues (that is, not parody ones) are almost never written with the intention for the audience to dislike them.
So if they're "villainous", they're villains that you're meant to root for. Not ones meant to be at odds with the actual protagonist.

I think all the magical teachers being less knowledgeable than Diana and is the real problem. Also didn't she almost kill all those magic butterflies?

It only comes off that way because trigger thought spending 12 episodes rubbing in how a useless dunce Akko is would make for good viewing.

Both of these things are correct.

It's really an unfortunately shittily written show.

You don't take it seriously, right? Because it's for comedy purposes.

Holy fuck are you LWA kids cancer

If it wasn't that way people would complain she got good at magic too fast. You are supposed to feel that way about Diana, it's more or less how Akko feels about her.

>If it wasn't that way people would complain she got good at magic too fast.
While I don't think that the only flaw in Akko's characterization is that she's bad at magic, I think a number of us have gone through at least a few 1 cour anime where the main character has made more progress in the same amount of episodes than Akko has.

>I think all the magical teachers being less knowledgeable than Diana and is the real problem.
It really is stupid.