Twelve Kingdoms

I've been visiting Sup Forums for years, but I have never seen a dedicated thread for Twelve Kingdoms.

Is it just me that's strange for liking it? Or has the anti-iseikai stance of Sup Forums just been present for way longer than I thought?

What is the significance of the number "12"?

The first arc (19 episodes, irrc) is pretty great.

The rest, not so much. I don't know how the books go, but it's a shame they pushed the redhead from the mc seat when they did.

Yeah the main arc is definately the best. But I still think they did an ok job of tying the different arcs together.
That moment when Youko revealed herself to the soldiers was GOAT.

Threads pop up every now and then. They never reach bump limit though.

What happened to the new book Fuyumi Ono was writing?

I don't know why they bothered animating the Tai storyline when it was still incomplete.

Shushou is best Queen.
Glad now?

Yrs you will never watch the end of that arc. I thought it was cool as duck and storyline was great too bad the author is a lady shot that can't close out a long story.

>author is a lady shot that can't close out a long story
But she closed that story.

What do you mean she closed it, Taiki and Risai are on the brink of a mad goose chase with Gyousou fuck knows where.

I haven't seen one in a few years but we have had them. And I don't think Sup Forums current and particularly virulent dislike of iseikai extends to actually good anime. Some of the best character development ever in anime, if you ask me.

I loved it and I'm still hoping for a remake someday

It's well regarded even if it doesn't get many threads. It's about 15 years old so I guess it's pretty hazy in most people's memories too.

I love isekai as a concept.

It's just very rarely used well these days.

There isn't really anything to discuss.
It's fantastic though, one of my Four Heavenly Kings of Fantasy Anime.

Which are the other three?

Seirei no Moribito, Druaga and Grimgar.

the localized books were so great. the covers were amazing

consider killing yourself

so what happened recently to make you lose your taste? Did you just started settling?

meant to quote

I dropped it after the first episode.

I've been saying for years that I need to read the books.

So do it.

Rakushun best boy.

I have like 5 other non Sup Forums related books sitting by waiting to be read and a whole load of manga that I'm in the middle of. But you're right, I need to.

Heard talks of a rerelease some time ago. I've kept around all the adapted volumes and enjoyed the first most of all. I truly felt Yoko's suffering. It's one of the best reads I've ever known.

It started off edgy and then turned preachy.....No thank yoi

It was great. The arc where Youko goes into hiding and joins rebellion is best one.

Also, now that Youko has control of her kingdom, there needs to be scientist shipped off to fantasy land, so he can kickstart industrial revolution.

>localized books were so great
Wrong.
Read Eugene's translations.

I downloaded a few years ago, but never got around to it. Nice to see there's more now. I need to get myself a kindle or some shit.

>Anti isekai
Thats just a meme. You have no idea how many people love modern isekai here.

Chinamini that one is really boring plus aimed at women. Real men who are not fuckboys or beta cucks read ARIFURETA, Slave harem, Death March, Tsuki ga bichibiku, Legend, Hachinan and other modern masterpieces you faggot. Now you understand why nobody cares for some ancient shoujo self-insert fantasy.

>I truly felt Yoko's suffering.
And her character development was amazing too.
When she said she didn't need a sheath over her heart gave me chills.