Holy fuck the ending ruined this show...

Holy fuck the ending ruined this show. The "twist" with everyone dying in the bus crash was fucking great and I was bawling my eyes out when everyone was saying their farewells. Masato and Kengo sacrificing themselves to save Riki and Rin, Kyousuke dragging himself back to the bus to stop the gas leak, etc. All of it was great. Then, surprise, no one actually died! We'll just pull them out of the bus and everything is fine. Riki will just follow Kyousuke again and the character development doesn't matter anymore. I guess it gave him the strength to not fall asleep so he could get them out of the bus.

Clannad is similar, but at least it set up its ending throughout the entire show and it felt justified in some way. Little Busters just throws it out at the last minute. Maybe it's a difficulty of adaptation. I haven't played the Little Busters VN, but I have played Clannad and I understand the problems of adapting that one. But goddamn I just felt nothing at the end of Little Busters.

>tfw you were part of a Little Busters-like group of friends but two of them abandoned the group for no clear reason and things have never been the same

Little Busters ending also erased earlier stuff in the show like Kurugaya's arc. Once I realized what the twist was it made her arc so much sadder, but given the ending it's basically meaningless.

>Riki will just follow Kyousuke again and the character development doesn't matter anymore.

Didn't understand the ending I see but I guess that makes sense since you watched the show instead of reading the source material.
Way to go user.

I intend to read the VN once it gets released on Steam.

But that is what happens in the show, though. In the last episode there's the scene where no one can figure out something fun to do and need Kyousuke to show up to give them something. Kengo even says "[Kyousuke] really is the only one who can think of new things to do." There's no indication Riki actually takes over as leader.

Kurugaya end is the true end ;_;

Riki is never meant to take over as leader.
Kyousuke's entire reasoning for creating the dream world is so that Riki and Rin can become strong enough to save themselves after the bus crash when they regain consciousness. Riki not only does that but exceeds Kyousuke's expectations and manages to save his entire class as well. You're looking at the situation from your point of view as opposed to what the Little Busters wanted to accomplish through their actions. I mean seriously, become the leader? Who cares.

It's not so much the fact of who the leader is (though Kyousuke is going to graduate and leave at some point) but that at the end Riki apparently isn't able to fill that role even with Kyousuke absent. He's able to do it earlier though, back when Kyousuke is trying to make him stronger.

>Riki not only does that but exceeds Kyousuke's expectations and manages to save his entire class as well.

Yes, that's the problem. Not a single person dies. The thing they were trying to prepare Riki and Rin for doesn't actually happen. To compare to Clannad again, at least there the tragedies actually occur and you see the suffering people go through and how they overcome it. In Little Busters none of it happens. Riki needs to be with Rin but he runs off to go into a bus that might explode, risking everything that all of his friends did for him. But conveniently it doesn't explode until after they've had time to slowly drag everyone out, build stretchers, and get them up the hill to safety. Kyousuke is blocking the gas leak but he's been doing it since the night before. I just didn't buy it. I normally enjoy happy endings, but the sad, or rather bittersweet, ending that was set up was so good that it just felt empty to see it thrown out.

Why didn't you just choose this is enough?

I assume this is a choice in the VN? I haven't played it yet and am talking about the anime.

I did every possibility of course. The question is did you choose this is enough the first time or later on?

Kanata a cute

Why did Haruka dress up like a huge slut anyways?

She was dressed like that to go see her parents too.

Her parents are losers so she was dressed appropriately.

Well, I don't see OP criticizing the VN.

>anime
>anything but trash

Why are Saya, Sasami, and Kanata better than all of the original girls?

Does the VN have more romantic content? The show had almost none outside of Saya and the brief part with Rin. I know there's an adult version of the game but that shit may just be tacked on for all I know.

Because you have shit taste.

They will make up for it next episode.

Nigga, you got to see Kud. What else could you fucking want?
Oh, I know, I bet you're a fan of Sasalame Sasishimi aka worst girl. Now it all makes sense.

>Nigga, you got to see Kud. What else could you fucking want?

For her to die in the bus crash.

She is best girl, idiot.

Kud is worst girl with easily the worst route. Then again except for Refrain all girls routes are shit but hers is on a completely different level.

That button seems to be under a lot of strain.

I watched the show two days ago and was dissatisfied with the last episode aswell.

"This is enough" is a branching choice when Riki and Rin only save themselves and everyone else dies.

Yes. In the VN you romance all the heroines separately in their routes, compared to the anime "friendship" omnibus shit.

Reminder that the anime butchers the VN in several different ways, mainly heroine routes made to be continuous and friendship only, Rin2 completely butchered and half of it cut ruining the buildup to Refrain, and parts of Refrain poorly done especially with the music.
The music in generally was poorly done as JC used some in house garbage over the 10/10 Key OST.
Play the VN to get the full story as it was meant to be read, the Steam version soon to be released has everything.