So what the fuck happened to her?

So what the fuck happened to her?

Apocalypse, and realization that your ex-boss& his whiny son were behind it.

D deficiency

Terrible writing and Anno not giving a shit.

one of her husbandos was kill and the other got absorbed by his mom and shot into space.

rape

The original EoE was preferable

We don't know because when Anno wrote Q he didn't bother giving any characters but Shinji any attention. Because when there's a huge timeskip who wants to know what their favorite characters were up to during that time? That would cut into valuable piano playing screentime.

She realized that third impact was literally her fault for pushing Shinji as hard as she did when he was already busted mentally.

>Don't get cool backstory on Misato
>Instead movie is Shinji playing piano with a faggot and giving a book to a retard

The show went full on crazy sci-fi instead of being sorta grounded in reality it's just over the top and ridiculous. She's the captain. What else do you want?

>could have had Misato/Asuka interactions
>could have spent time giving Mari some depth
>could have spent time showing what the hell happened in those 14 years
>NOPE FUCK THAT TIME FOR HOMOSEXUAL PIANO DUETS

She's a bitter cunt because Shinji killed Kaji and went IMPACTO. However, she's a giant hypocrite for acting like this, because her cheering and bullshit is what led to Shinji starting the Third Impact. The very fact that she manipulated him into killing Angels as part of her revenge plan also means she's practically on Gendo's level of being an asshole.

Just because she has tits doesn't mean her actions and behavior are excusable.

The world ended. How do you think you would do?

I'll never get over those chins.

Whoever did that redesign needs to be shot.

The movie was very shitty

The next one will be so much better!

and it's still the best of the rebuilds

I wish anno would just get this over with

The piano scene is like 2 minutes long you faggots make it seem like it was a full concert

People insecure about their sexuality tend to over exaggerate things like that.

It will okay, user.

It was the worst 2 minutes of Eva. Except the TV series intro of him.

Haha
You gotta hand it to Anno, causing such a colossal assravaging that lasts 4 years later in only 2 minutes

Well you have to give it to him to make a show all about shitty people and people are still bitchcing about the best girl 22 years later

The thing is that it's cringy and useless fanservice for brainless fujoshi with no taste, compared to what he could've done.

>waaah
>why didn't he give more screentime to muh waifu
>fucking fujos

Aged and has no cats to care for.

>>why didn't he give more screentime to muh waifu
I have no Eva waifu, I'm talking about the whole quality of writing and storytelling. Instead of giving us a little inside of what the characters feel and how they developed over the time, he just shows us useless scenes with pianos and gays for fujoshi amusement. Kaworu here is essentially a bad character, since Anno doesn't even try to show us what he actually thinks and wants. He's there to just look lustfully at blushing Shinji. While it had some kind of meaning and context in the original, here it's just plain fanservice.

Again a 2 minutes long scene does not ruin anything
People just overreact to the only happy scene Shinji has in the whole movie

You're just mad because it doesn't pander to you.
If it had been with a girl instead you wouldn't have minded it.

>Again a 2 minutes long scene
Sure, if you have a shitty taste and actually like something like that. I mean it could be portrayed differently and more impactful, but it just left me laughing for several minutes. I mean, heart tree and unicorns or whatever else was there, seriously?
>You're just mad because it doesn't pander to you.
I already mentioned that I have no waifu in Eva or something. The only "pandering" I wouldn't mind is good writing. 2/10 bait. Also that pic sums it up pretty well.

Anno doesn't care about your feelings, sorry.

>heart tree and unicorns or whatever else was there
What?

Nice argument, really made me think. 1/10.

I have nothing to argue, I'm just amused at your butthurt over Chinese cartoons.

Misato was one of the victims of Anno's self-indulgence. 3.33 was written to attack Rei Ayanami, and it requires that everyone bar none blames or mistreats Shinji for having saved Rei Ayanami, even if it makes no sense.

Misato is on Anno's good side, so despite her poorly written character he still made her mankind's leader for four years going now.

Misato was always a better character than Rei

In your opinion, maybe. But definitely that can't be said about Misato in the Rebuilds, Misato is simply a better positioned and positively presented character.

Misato always has been one of the best characters

Yeah Asuka is but he tried too hard to make her cool and made her shitty as a result. Misato probably did end up best off from Rebuilds, maybe Kaworu edges her out a bit

How was Misato not a better character than Rei in the Rebuilds? The latter was just waifubait.

Rei was always waifubait
This time around she was much better than in the original

Ironically you're being disgusting waifufag right now while calling a character waifubait.I know your game, waifushitter.

Had you honestly thought that and been serious, you'd offer some compelling argumentation or evidence comparing and juxtaposing both characters.

Say what you will about either, but right now there is more development and backstory to Rei than Misato.

She had even less character than she did in the show.
Misato at least had snippets of her backstory shown and character development in the two movies.

Bait.

No backstory was shown for Rei in the Rebuilds, there was for Misato.

Rei II was quite intresting as a autistic doll

Rei in Rebuilds is your textbook Kuudere

There's the scene in 3.33, along with the initial backdrops in 1.11 for Rei.

Anno created her as the ultimate submissive waifu
He forgot to add in a personality and now she has one
Nah, Rebuild Rei was a lot more caring, even stuff like being a vegetarian added character and the fact that she wanted to fix Gendo and Shinji's relationship was really cute and touching
Then Rei Q had more character development in one movie than Rei did in the original because she was actually evolving and refused to fight for Gendo
I'd rather have something generic than a failed experiment

Neither of those are backstory dumbass.
Meanwhile we got actual scenes of Misato when she was a child in 2.0.

Stop baiting.

Not quite true. There's the bit in 1.11 Ritsuko says, as well as various implicating scenes in 2.22 (gendo dinner scene), as well as the explanation of "Rei" in 3.33.

>Anno created her as the ultimate submissive waifu

This is fanwank, and not canon to the original.

They're backstory whether you like it or not user. All told through a third party as well. "Backstory" are revelations of the characters past and origin, which is what this is in both cases.

You obviously didn't get either Misato or Rei.

Not sufficient. Someone else making brief comments about Rei versus us actually seeing scenes from Misato's past are two different things.
Misato comes out as a much more developed and complex character in those two movies.
Not surprising since it was the same in nGE.

>these people talking like they know what Anno is doing
motherfuckers, at this point it's clear even Anno has no idea whats going on

Which is told by Kaji, not by Misato and is shown using an illustration rather than actual scenes. Misato in the Rebuild was sacrificed as a character in order to add room for an anti-Rei story which placates envious non-Rei fans.

In the same process Rei has become one of the most focused on characters despite that the focus is wholly negative and doesn't add to Rei's character.

He's winning.

Third Impact (Near Third Impact???) lowered everyones IQ by 25 points

She too the edge pill

It's the same thing. In 3.33 we see flashbacks and in 1.11 we see flashbacks, in 2.22 an overlay of Yui on Rei.

It's Kaji that comments on Misato in 2.22, and the scenes are non-real imagery.

Backstory and so on are communicated through various means, either by showing it directly, third parties or a first party recollection. With Misato and Rei, we get the third party version. Learn how storytelling works, please.

Oh fuck off, I keep seeing you say this retarded bullshit in every thread.

Anno knows what he's doing. It's just that what he's doing (rewriting all of EVA to shit on Rei and pander his Asuka and Kaworu waifus) is just so disgusting some would rather pretend he's demented and has no idea what he's doing.

case in point: Anno has gone so low that some fans can't even acknowledge it and must respond with upset disbelief.

I just want Evangelion vs Godzilla at this point

Is this ACK?

I don't care what Anno does, I just want to be there to see the asspain at it all.

I hope it's even more enjoyable than last time

you do realize that you can boil literally any story down to something like this, right?

The generals were such shit by the end, but for a while they were gloriously fun.

Not really. 3.33's story has no substance and merely goes along as it needs to, paying to respect to either believability or character.

Characters having no agency and just doing things they are told that make little to no sense?

They were great until the tripfags started ruining everything

And a couple of ass-blasted retards who starting endlessly shitposting threads accusing anyone who posted one of the main characters from the movie as being a tumblr fujoshit.

As if you aren't a retarded tumblr fujoshit angry that you got called out.

I can be whatever you want me to, user-kun. Because I love you like that.

>having stuff like this on your computer
>I'm not a fujoshit I swear

Are you retarded?

The threads were actually pretty friendly to Kaworufags the first few months, everyone was generally pretty chill.
I do remember an Asukafag who lost it and started spamming scat doujins every thread, though.

>TV has EVA-Yui going berserk to protect Shinji
>Rebuild has Shinji going berserk to protect Rei-Yui

Niggas, stop doubting the Master's pottery.

>whatever I want

If your point is that Anno is the George Lucas of anime, then welcome to the club.

Yeah, I remember that. And the one faggot who tripfagged with the name Asuka but was a colossal, deluded Marifag who hadn't even watched Eva, just read the manga and insisted everything he said was right.

So when will he sell Khara to Disney?

Yeah, that dude. He kept calling Asuka "red" and sucked ARK's dick whenever he could.

That's one of the stupidest images I've seen on this site.
I fucking love it.

Not even into this pairing, but Kaworu is really the only person who genuinely cares about Shinji and can fix him. Asuka is an insane bitch and Rei is kinda okay but she barely qualifies as a human being, being with her would be like taking care of a hamster
Plus Kaworu being an angle and having synergy with Shinji means they're unstoppable together Eva-wise. Actually hoped they would steamroll Wille because Misato is a colossal bitch in 3.0.

>Rei is kinda okay but she barely qualifies as a human being,

But Kaworu does?

I miss not browsing Sup Forums during the Rebuild releases.
Tell me old fags of Sup Forums how bad was it?

>Not even into this pairing, but Kaworu is really the only person who genuinely cares about Shinji and can fix him

Stop pretending you're not a Kaworufag. Only a deluded retard Kaworufag would believe that for even a second.

It's a fucking kaworufag, what did you even expect? They all hate Rei with that sort of prejudice and blind bias.

The Frankenrip project was pretty neat, to bad the movie turned out to be shit

He acts like a human, at least. With the technology they have, I bet they could make a fuck doll simulating human behavior better than Rei.

Got hit with the printmoney stick

>Stop pretending you're not a Kaworufag.
I'm not, I'm a Marifag

Despite the fact that Rei is Lilith, the prototype of all humans, and how Rei is made the same way Kaworu is, somehow Rei is less human.

Congratulations on demonstrating on how hateful Kaworufags are.

Daily reminder that this bitch is what'll cause the true Third Impact.

I agree.
Seeing Shinji happy was a breath of fresh air.

Rei acts too robotic, honestly. An in the movie they made her all scary so I can't see her as human.
Just my opinion.

Also a clone of a clone who can't even muster a reaction when seen and pushed to the ground by a peer. There's no way Shinji would heal by interacting with her, because she offers absolutely nothing from her side.

3.0 wasn't as bad as the first two. The first two were spammed all over the board since the Catalog was still a separate extension so everyone only looked at the front page and made so many multiple threads that it choked the board. It's funny to look back on it, for big events like TTGL or Endless Eight or Lelouch's death or Gainax Grinching us with PSG.
But at the time, it was obnoxious as hell to keep a conversation going about a topic that wasn't the explosion of posts du jour.
By 3.0, the Catalog was a regular thing and everyone was funneled into the generals. As much as Sup Forums usually loathes generals, I'd say they served their purpose of (mostly) containing the shit.
The generals themselves kept seeing the same faces(as it were) over and over and so it was fun to just accept the silliness of what was going on with very little "no fun allowed" sperging. Like debating what the First Ancestral Race that created Lilith and Adam looked like and coming up with turtles.

You're retarded, Shinji is broken as fuck in both NGE and Rebuild and it's literally Kaworu's fault.

The FAR Turtles were for naught, as one of the Eva games has Kaworu turn into a FAR, which just looks like an angel.