The usage of psychedelic substances

What does Sup Forums think of psychedelic substances?

I personally think their a load of shit.

Having taking LSD, the result was me just wanting to go back to normal objective reality to focus on my life and goals.

>huh duh they open your mind
To what? Do you really need the usage of drugs to open your mind, are you really that committed that you need help from drugs?
>huh duh we can go into different dimensions
Okay, then what? And What good is it going into different dimensions if all’s you want to sort is this one? Do you really just want to floating to one dimension to another? Are you really that much of a larper you just wanna float through the abyss of forever?

God, druggies piss me off, but does Sup Forums think of the usage of psychedelic substances?

Are you Ian Duncan Smith?

I'd consider myself quite knowledgeable on mushrooms. Treating them like a drug/normie party drug, is stupid. Don't do it. Treat them like they have something to teach you. Each trip is a learning experience about yourself and the world around you. Be respectful of them.
>pro tip
You don't get the trip you want, you get the trip you deserve.

Kek, be called worse though.
>hitler

>You don't get the trip you want, you get the trip you deserve.
Can you give an example of how a trip helped you develop as a person?
I had a pretty peaceful trip I must say but it was all just a meh experience.

I asked Sup Forums dick ed.

For. It kills the ego and lets you see yourself unprotected. Unless you're using it to party, which most people do.

:^)

I had a trip about a year ago. 8grams. Alone in my bedroom, complete silence and darkness. (the proper way to trip).
It was 3 hours of a creepy early 1900s circus that was absolute chaos. Round and round I went and it was the creepiest fucking circus ever.
I ended it was was like fuckkkk. that was not enjoyable at all.
Then about 3 months later it fucking hit me while I was kayaking by myself. The trip was my life. My life for the past 5 years has been chaotic as fuck. No stability. My trip was a weird look at my life. It was chaos and i didn't enjoy it. My life was chaos and I didn't enjoy it. I needed to make a change and end the total chaos.
Nowadays I am doing everything I can to end the chaos of my life and im doing much better in life for doing so.
Thats just a single personal example.

Hmm, I get the ego death part but I already had a frame of mind of unprotected-ness so to speak. You see it in people in their posture.

This. kek.

Couldn’t you just realise that without the usage of drugs?
You know deep down, everyone does that you have something wrong with you that you know you should sort out, you either know that consciously or subconsciously, if that where the usage of drugs helped you? A call to order I suppose.

I like to use them, not so much as a spiritual/learning experience, I very much respect that but see little appeal to me, but as an amazing and relatively benign way of bonding with friends and connecting on a level where boundaries and prefjudice easily dissipate (this sounds very left wing dude weed lmao liberal but it’s true)

Then you are peter hitchens

>implying you need drugs to realise how smart you are
Alls I’ve ever gathered from people who have taken trippy drugs is that their highly confused of what they want from life while calling other people stupid
>projection of the shadow

Op, I think you had a hard time with LSD
Psychelelics like LSD and Acid make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to lie to yourself, that's why so many people hate them, because of repressed emotions.
The will someone will put into repressing himself just to deny something like being a homosexual is probably beyond your understanding, this is how most people get their mask's ripped off and see their "real" selves.

I understand, but don’t you believe the usage of drugs is because of a lack of bonding? Because we know bonding enhances close friendships and relationships from an early age.

The mushrooms show you it in a spiritual manner. Yes I knew my life was chaotic but I had no real urge to stop it. Just like lots of things in life people do every day. With alcoholism, smoking cigs, being a degenerate, etc, anything. Everyone can do something to improve themselves to become to best possible person they can yet they rarely ever do. Shrooms slap you in the face with it and make it so you never forget what found out. I can still remember that trip and it brings tears of joy to my eyes just thinking about it and it was the worse trip ive ever had.
Lots of people compare shrooms to "meeting god/a spiritual experience". Yah know, im not some fool that thinks the gods are speaking to me or im in another dimension, but I do know that these trips can simulate such an experience and truly can help people live better lives.

>implying I had a bad trip
I had a wonderful trip, but I didn’t necessarily learn anything from it, only all I wanted to do was to get back to my life goals, which is do sober all the time and act it out.

its not about "realising how smart you are"...
I have a theory that when someone takes psychs, the drug tricks the body into thinking its dying. This creates a sort of dissolution of ego that allows that person to observe themselves objectively, as if looking in from the outside. It allows a better analysis of their capabilities as a person.