Kind of a wet fart ending if I can say so myself

kind of a wet fart ending if I can say so myself
This is a problem that I ran into so often in this media

Other urls found in this thread:

mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It went to shit the moment they grew into adults.
Then got worse with the cultist shit nobody cared about.
And finally the ending was the very definition of meh
But yeah manga is great premise shit execution: the medium

I couldn't agree more, punpun aiko was the meat of the manga and punpun's family relation was also very good since it showed that he was just a product of the enviroment
everytime it cut for seki and his gay friend with the cultist shit it was such a "well here we go again I guess", such boring nonsense.
Then their aiko + punpun just endend with her killing herself, just like that, it was like things were happening and suddenly they stop happening, didn't feel fullfiling
I guess most people consider it a masterpiece but I really don't

It was considered masterpiece tier while it was running, since it ended though it no longer gets much recognition.
Even the people that defend it realize in hindsight that is not that great.

People always overhype things when they are ongoing.

Yeah Ive noticed that too, makes sense that you want to say positive things about something you are invested in, otherwise your time investment would seem silly to you.

the japanese and asian cultures in general value "the journey" more than the end of it, so stories tend to have shitty endings that just kind of fizzle out, as opposed to western stories that often lag in the middle and pick up a lot towards the end

its never gonna stop, get used to it

Too bad the journey is usually shit as well.

the journey wasn't that great either

Inio does this shit, its like he needs a melodramatic twist that doesn't really serve the story, i thought the same in solanin.
>its a story about a young adult couple living together after college trying to navigate their way into adulthood between responsibilities and dreams
>lets get the guy get hit by a japanese truck lol

i love his stuff but it can get corny

You did not spell "comfy" correctly there.

i don't disagree, and i do like his stuff just nitpicking i guess.
Still need to read Nijigahara Holograph tho

read that interview with Asano about what the cult represented and what actually happened and shit. It's a bunch of symbolism and little things everyone missed that are worth noting.

mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

That’s when I decided to use this character I’d put in earlier — Pegasus — to do a parallel story. Just as the Punpun and Aiko story is a homage to romantic comedies, the Pegasus Orchestra is actually a homage to shonen manga. I’m pretty sure no one understood this at all from reading the manga, but Pegasus was assembling a team that really was doing battle with evil."

"Totally unbeknownst to Punpun, superhumans were battling to the death with forces of evil. That daruma doll that comes out of nowhere in the last volume? That’s, uh, kinda what that is. (laugh)"

"If it weren’t for Pegasus and company, a meteor or something would’ve crashed into Earth and driven mankind to extinction, just like Punpun and Aiko wanted. The Pegasus crew saved the Earth at the cost of their lives, but nobody knows it. That was the concept."

What

motherfucker did you really just made one reply in 5 diferent posts?

This is next level reddit spacing.

Girl on the Shore had some of the same contrived shit when it's revealed that the main guy's brother killed himself.
Not quite as out-of-nowhere as Solanin's twist, but still not really necessary.

at least he can portray it realistically without getting too mellowdramatic
beside, the guy crashed into an electric pole because of mental breakdown, he didn't get hit by a truck
he did it on purpose because he loves making cliches and turning it into a disaster

Huh. I guess I'm thick because I really thought the Pegasus thing was nonsensical. It might have had to do with my complete lack of interest but I seriously couldn't get any meaning out of the sub-plot.

actually I dislike it even more now with these retarded things

Sorry the interview is really long and I posted what it separately like an idiot, you're right.

It was intentionally left vague so you're not thick. I didn't get it either until reading the interview.

really? i got that shit at the moment the manga literally turned into a shounen jump magazine for like a chapter
it wasn't subtle at all, just shit

Nah, it was just a shitty snorefest.