ITT: Acceptable Powerups

Is that Touma?

>acceptable power ups
>posts generic superpowered evil side power up.

>generic superpowered evil side
This is like the complete opposite.

Man, I miss Psyren. Shame it had to rush its ending.

OW THE EDGE

Meliodas returning to his prime is pretty entertaining to watch.

this was from psyren?
weren't they fighiting in some future earth there or something and there was some nemesis chick

Fuck, time for a re-read. Still criminally underrated.

Fucking psyren was the shit.

Psyren born in the wrong magazine, waste of potencial.

wish I of read this when it was updating I thought it was funny that it was op but he couldn't use it that well really until the end of the series. I liked that one fight were he had to convince that one guy that melcheses door was danger to both of them.

Oboro is still my favorite character from Psyren

>Be a healer
>Instead of just being a healbot for the rest of heroes go fight a chimera and heal all of its parts until it becomes a meaty abomination

Psyren turned to shit went it switched focus to generic shounen powerlevels.

Which never happened.

don't be in denial, it did.

It was impressive it managed to run as long as it did, really.

When? There were literally no powerlevels in Psyren.

There were. It's been years since I read it, but at one point everything I loved about the beginning faded away and it turned into powerlevels, and trudging through that shit turned into a slog.

>There were
No, there weren't. You seem to mix it up with something else, which is why you can't proof it.

There definitely was. I'm not going to bother going through the entire thing chapter by chapter to pick it out because I don't give enough of a shit about this ultimately mediocre series. Believe what you want. Psyren turned to shit once it turned into powerlevel bullshit.

Why do you make up shit? There was no way to tell who would win a fight purely on some retarded numbers or something similiar.

Actually make an argument and post some parts or discuss parts that support your claim.

I've never read Psyren but based on this thread it seems like I should. Give me a week or so and I'll come back and confirm if it devolves into powerlevels or not.

Hold on. Not him but are you interpreting power levels as a literal representation of numbers like early DBZ?

That and/or retarded powers all over the place that got out of hand, neither happens in Psyren.

You're retarded to mistake a simple concept of characters being stronger or weaker than one another as power levels, it's just how things are

> t-there definitely was, I'm too lazy to be proven wrong

>people being THIS defensive about this mediocre series

That's pretty much what people mean by power levels dude. Where characters just get straight power boosts to defeat the new opponent rather than utilise the skills they already knew in a different way.

>trying this hard to save face

Good thing that Psyren does the latter. See MC's Power's different forms that he actually trains to obtain and shit.

these retards have no idea what powerlevels mean. Psyren's focus eventually turns into who's stronger than who and "m-muh training" and these retards think that's better than DBZ powerlevels. Protip: it's not.

It's extremely obvious the retards in this thread are newshitters to the medium. They don't want their favorite special snowflake manga to have the stigma of powerlevels like Naruto or DBZ, and deny it as much as they can using the most far-fetched excuses.

I guess he's talking about "Nova" (was that what it was called?don't really remember after all this time).

>chapter is called "Cruel Hope"
>it refers to a villain thinking he has a chance of defeating the hero

But Nova didn't actually do much, it was just the battery the MC needed to summon all of his techniques at once. It's not like it was some new ability that let him do stuff he wouldn't be able to with his normal powers like suddenly summoning fire or some shit. Also it was hinted since his father appeared back in the beginning that he has a secret.

I've yet to read Psyren yet to be honest but it's pretty clear you're the only retard here seeing as you can't back up your claims.
Just one little thing that shows that the characters grow stronger in a DBZ way as opposed to something like FMA that has Ed apply his knowledge of alchemy in different ways.

>Psyren's focus eventually turns into who's stronger
>watch a series where people fight to survive since chapter 1
>why are the good guys trying to get stronger
I think you don't know what powerlevels means.

>dumb shounenfags
oh man this reminds me why I don't go into shounenshit threads

>said the retard of the thread

Fuck yeah Psyren, I still can't get over the fact that it tanked. Japs literally have no taste.

Sure it was generic shonen shit, but if you consider how many similar series that are a lot worse so popular, you realize there is no justice in this world.

Holy shit QUALITY. How can people read that shit?

The context explains the panels at the bottom. They get surrounded by the energy of the MC's counterattack which is kind of like light in that aspect.

So where's that evidence?

good one user!

If this is a stealth Psyren Thread, I'd just like to say that this chapter was pure hype. I thought that the kids were meant to die in every future to show that there is some stuff you can't change and those sacrifices are necessary, but them actually growing up and becoming this badass was awesome.

So what happen to this manga? Did they cancel it or did it end where it was going to?

I feel like the ending was what the author planned, but an arc or two were missing inbetween and it got axed. Like they told him, wrap it up in the next two volumes or something. It feels like one jump to the present and back to the future was missing at the least.

I like how after Frieza SSJ wasn't the top dog in power and they actually had to learn how to refine and control the form.
SSJ2 kind of fucked that though

the beginning of the end....in all honesty ss2 is less unacceptable than ss1 just because of gohan but still stupid as shit.

there's no such thing as an acceptable powerup, whenever "MUH POWERLVL" goes into the story it becomes fun for like 5 chapters, then it's just the mc getting shit on until it beats the villian while all the sidecharacters you love become less and less relevant.

Rushed ending.It was obviously given some time to wrap things up and not outright canceled but still was obvious it wasn't a natural end (plotlines rushed,characters that were introduced recently weren't fleshed out,etc),

But MC defeated neither of the evil guys in the present nor past with this. Number 06 still fought the Alien right afterwards and then destroyed the meteor with Number 01.

I hope the author is able to get another manga published somewhere else
Kagamigami was quite good as well, but suffered the same fate as Psyren
his stuff just doesnt seem to do well with the Jump audience

Grana vs Amagi was the hypest shit tho

Hopefully he won't be forced to pander with stereotypical shonen tripe in his next manga. Thats one of things that was killing Kagamigami. That, and the rushed storytelling.

>main girl got a little fucked up in a head so she has a split cute/sexy yandere personalities

>the coward gets an OP ability for the final arc
>only kills some random faggot and then does more or less nothing
Sad desu, at the least Oboro got a bit of Action.

since this is pretty much a Psyren thread, is worth reading? from what i read here the ending feels rushed but i guess that is not that bad, or is it that the ending is absolute dogshit?

As for power ups, i liked lee vs gaara but that one was more like taking off a limiter

The ending was rushed, not bad, so yeah. Go ahead and read.

>ending feels rushed
It was rushed, jump axed it iirc.There are power ups but its not retarded strong where MC sweeps everything up plus the other characters are all relevant cause they power up too

thanks, finishing re-reading spirit circle and picking this up

ya'll are slackin

You definitely didnt read the manga, and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
Im actually ok with the ending, gives me peace of mind

>he actually feels like shit after doing this

Yeah.

I didn't even think about manipulating solar rays with telekinesis before that.

I bet he could even freeze and burn stuff by manipulating atoms

Touma uses dragons.

Tsugumomo had a decent power up, I mean it is more than understandable that even a tsugumomo can possess a human, thus having Ascension. Plus it is shown that the MC trains himself a lot.

Also Yumekui Merry has the MC training himself and, generally speaking, the power-up he gets is justifiable.

for once the downside to the powerup is a real downside

>Jinka got away with fucking everything while based Takekichi lost his souls for the people.

I will be mad forever.

My favourite power ups include

>Gear Second and Third Luffy
>First SSJ and Gohan SSJ2
>Piccolo fusing with Nail/Kami
>Berserker Armor
>Möbius Strip Jolyne
>All of Tusk

>Möbius Strip Jolyne
not a power-up, just a cool way of using her stand

This. Shonen Jump destroyed Psyren the way it destroys every good series

SSJ3 is what fucked it up, SSJ2 wasn't a new form it was just Gohan going all out

Ah yes, the harem fusion.

Speaking of harems and power-ups,Negi's pactio during the Rakan fight was nice (and that whole fight was awesome,one of my favorites desu).

>berserker armor
gross

As much as I love this manga, I fucking HATE the author for doing 2 volumes of rape.

Is this Rape Guy?

No. It's a character from Akumetsu by the same author/artist duo responsible for Wolf Guy.

Hate to be the requesting faggot,but does anyone know the name of that one manga that actually switches MCs after a timeskip? It was originally about some yokai fox demon-dude and his female companion along with a naive samurai with a wind sword? I think. The demon dude gets sealed away and the samurai guy becomes a drunk. I REALLY need to read it again but i cant for the life of me remember the name.

I totally expected his powers to do that spirally shit when he lost control of it and clash with the guy who could grow the super powered tree branches all over the place

>Psyren
>MX0
Thank you Japan

Psyren was baller.

It was shit

>Edgy asshole begs for Mob to explode
>Begs it like a slut craving for cock
>Keeps on begging, threatens to kill him, throws knives around, strangles him
>Mob explodes
>WOAH DUDE NOT COOL TOO MUCH POWER WAAAAHH

Thank you for reminding me of Wolf Guy
and thank you for point out that it was done by the same author.
Now I've lost it.

And I've even lost my grammar.
Time to sleep.

It's posted in this thread

Sauce?