twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's Angel's Egg, you fucking pleb.

You're both niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM

>not that one he made in Poland

Innocence was better niggers

You're all niggers:
youtube.com/watch?v=fDDDGXYzQHs

ITT: People unable to appreciate true kino.

God NO!

UY movie2 > Patty movie2 > GitS > rest > Angel Bullshit

True art.
youtube.com/watch?v=gzIxn-F1t48

>tfw

Anons today have no idea.

None of you fagots bught this so don't you dare claim that you are a Oshii fan.
I bet you plebs think that the 1995 GITS is his best GITS.

a.pomf.cat/cfssph.webm

That's a lot going on all at once.

I didn't watch GiTS until years after seeing Oshii's other films and I realized it's basically the exact same thing as Parlabor 1 and 2 in terms of themes

But done better.

Lum it's just there eating and being adorable in that uniform

Angel's Egg is a masterpiece, UY2 is good the rest is just pretty shit with terrible writing.

GitS isn't even his 5th best.

Patlabor 2 = Beautiful Dreamer > Patlabor 1 > Angel's Egg > Sky Crawlers > Only You

How? One is about politics, the other about human identity. The similarity is that they are both as subtle as farting into a microphone.

Angel's Egg > Ghost in the Shell > Patlabor 2 > Gosenzosama Banbanzai > Beautiful Dreamer > Patlabor 1 > Only You

Beautiful Dreamer isn't even the best UY film

Did the same thing, and found all of his Oshii-isms to be nothing knew when you've seen them several times before. That shot of the Major with the city in the background was something he did better in Twilight Q. The wandering through town and looking at pretty scenery was done just as well, if more desolate, in Patlabor 1.

That chart about basset hounds and flocks of seagulls is entirely accurate.

>Just saying.
Fuck off.

That's a really nice scene.

Underrated to be sure.

Any scene with Lum is nice.

That wasn't too good desu

Incorrect.

Then what is?

Do I have to watch the main series in order to enjoy this?

no but it helps

Are Oshii's live action movies any good?

I've only watched Avalon.

It was exactly like his anime movies. So it's up to your interpretation if they're good or bad.

I fucking love this movie, and even though I love UY it may be my favorite thing in the whole series. Which is hilarious because Rumiko Takahashi aparrently hated it

Creators can't handle it when their baby is handled differently by someone with actual creative vision in order to improve it. Same shit happened with Anno.

I'm sure that at the time it must've been very shocking. Oshii's style clashed a lot with UY, which is just meant to be silly fun. I can easily imagine myself feeling betrayed it as well, if I was a die-hard fan of the manga back then. Hopefully, with time opinions changed, including Takahashi's.

> what is Angel's Egg

9/10

Because others mess it up.

Did Oshii do the Patlabor OVAs? The first set? Those were fucking awesome

I think so?

Yes.

Source?