Do they make anime like this still?

Do they make anime like this still?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YyRVh2pVGW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Haha
no

Yes, they still make garbage. A lot of it.

New kino no tabi season so technichally yes

They never did

Despera soon.

Overrated shit?
Plenty.

Check out Made in Abyss airing this season. It has that comfy, mysterious world in it.

No

Which haibane would you fuck?

Haibanes are for hugs not for fugs.

Man, someone is salty for some reason

Like what exactly? Haibane is seems pretty unique to me.

Remember, if you are a virgin, you cannot sleep with a Haibane. Used goods only.

Still waiting for your arguments, throwing random buzzwords around don't count.

Go ahead, I'll be pleased to debunk whatever totally undeserved negative criticism you have against easily one of the best anime in the medium.

I'd be a purple-assed baboon if they made anything that haunting ever again.

Why do you have to make us suffer like this?

OP asked for anime as good as Haibane, not a shitty knock-off.

And to answer OP, no. As far as low-key philosophical/intimate fantasy anime go, Haibane is the best. You can try Mushishi or Kino no Tabi if you want, but don't expect something as good.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

>Ranka getting her wings
Still fucks me up dudes

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right if you have brain damage.

It's true, though. Both anime are very similar but SnW has cuter girls so that makes it objectively better.

no, ABe doesn't seem to do much in the way of character designs anymore

The climatic scene in Reki's room still fucking haunts me. This is one of those few shows where I feel a gaping hole of loneliness every time I finish it.

This: I can't really look at them in a sexual way, I just want to hug Reki and tell her that everything will be ok.

So what was the deal with the watchmaker? Are we supposed to believe that he knew Kana's predecessor, the Haibane who wrote the notes about the Old Home clock? He doesn't seem to have any family at the time of the show...?

I think my favorite part about it is how disjointed it looks from the rest of the anime. It really takes things to a different level stylistically and shows just how fucked up Reki's head is, and shows just how ugly keeping this stuff inside her has made her.

Definitely. That animation cut of her twirling around was a really poignant way of showing someone wallowing in self-hatred, I love that the show doesn't really treat her like a victim but rather shows how much of her mindset is a self-willed vicious circle.

That's how good this show is, a 13-ep anime that has a climax taking place in a small room and manages to be that impactful is pretty much unheard of.

That show is overpoweringly beautiful on a philosophical, psychological, symbolic and personal level. It's one of the very few acclaimed anime that made me go: "wow, i'm actually watching something great".

>Are we supposed to believe that he knew Kana's predecessor, the Haibane who wrote the notes about the Old Home clock?

I never got that sense at all, but it's a neat idea.

I always thought his and Kana's relationship was more a representation of another way to approach life. Reki thought of her existence there as a prison, whereas Kana found her work meaningful even if it was tedious and perhaps pointless (e.g. the old guy constantly giving her shit for messing up). Kana's little speech to Rakka about why she shouldn't feed the crows is emblematic of that - you have to work for a living, and the meaningfulness of life follows.

Do their wings twitch when they orgasm?

It bothers me that they're just told that nobody from their old lives remember them. I don't think I would just accept it, and want to go look.

>You get to make bread
>You get to fix clocks
>You get to be a nanny
>You get to be a librarian
>You have to scrub our toilets for the rest of your life
Kana really got the short end of the stick for job placement.

Fugg, meant Rakka.

It occurred to me while re-watching episode 4 that his worry about Kana leaving might be based on experience. And he really does like Kana, in a very paternal-seeming kind of way, and she likes him too - I loved the scene in episode 11 where she hangs the bell-nut on his belt. But yes, I think you have the right idea about the philosophical idea Kana's episode tries to express.

Crows are supposed to be sitting in trees looking ominous, not talking on the internet as Anonymous.

I'M GOING TO FUCK UP YOUR GARBAGE!

It's kind of weird that there are actual children Haibane, and then there are those that are full adult ones that can come out of their eggs.

Yeah, like if Reki killed herself in her past life, did that mean she did it as a child? Or do some of them just revert to being children and then mature naturally?

I think the children hatch from eggs as well. It's a bizarre kind of afterlife, but it does make sense to give the older haibane, with no memories but the habits-of-thought of heavily depressed people, something to take care of. And hey, you have these souls of dead children too young to be called complete being just lying around the place anyhow, may as well. It's the kind of thing you might try if you were a god with good intentions but not-quite-limitless power.

No, this type of anime was only a thing for a short while in the late 90s and early 00s, when the industry was flooded with Evangelion money.

When I was watching and got to the part when Kuu departed, this page from Sandman came to mind. It's not super relevant, but I wonder how much of it comes down to, suicides vs regular death, particularly for the children.
> And hey, you have these souls of dead children too young to be called complete being just lying around the place anyhow, may as well.
What? Why would you say that a child's soul is incomplete?

I want to smoke with Reki, and I don't even smoke.

youtube.com/watch?v=YyRVh2pVGW8

>What? Why would you say that a child's soul is incomplete?
I understand it's a buddhist thing. And also a catholic thing, but they're a bit pickier re: baptism and stuff.

I remember my dad saying that he was baptized super young. He was pretty sick and they weren't sure if he was going to live, so they did it just in case.

Yes, but I'm sure they feel very guilty about it all after the fact.