The great debate

The great debate.

Not a debate.
One Piece is shit, Hunter x Hunter is worse.

nardo > hiatus

A new challenger approaches!

Gash > One Piece > HXH

hunter x hunter sucks

JoJo = HxH > One Piece > the rest

>ongoing best selling manga of all time with entertaining protagonist
>VS a manga put on an indefinite hiatus with a shitty protagonist

>jojo
>good

Why not both?

>retarded human condom
>entertaining protagonist

Well, I guess

One Piece = Pokemon
+ADVENTURE
+accessible
+all about the fun
+consistent quality
+popular
-doesn't really do anything new
-they aren't really going to get anywhere aren't they

Hunter x Hunter = Digimon
+does something new every arc
+has plots that make you think about real world scenarios
+much darker than their counterparts
-quality is not all that consistent
-be quite a time before we'll get a new one
-really, there was only two good arc/series

Fun fact: HxH first 10 volumes sold better than OP first 10 volumes. Yes, it was more popular than the most popular manga ever at some point. Togashi, if only you worked a little more, you lazy bum.

>there was only two good arc/series
in case of digimon, it's Tamers and?

Adventure obviously

Gon sucks
He's a plain humble boy but doesn't have much going for him other than being ridiculously gifted.
He just does what he wants and everyone in his universe hops on his dick

I don't even care for his downfall in Chimera Ants arc.

>HxH first 10 volumes sold better than OP first 10 volumes.

Wow, the first ten volumes of a long running manga. Also Togashi was on a high in popularity because he wrote it after Yu Yu Hakusho.
One Piece is Oda's first long running manga

Frontier

>+ADVENTURE
>+accessible
>+popular
HxH has these too.

>-quality is not all that consistent
>-really, there was only two good arc/series
HxH has no bad arcs it's consistently good to great, One Piece on the other hand.

they're both trash

>HxH has no bad arcs

>Greed Island
>consists about a fourth of the manga

Nice bait

>Chimera Ant
>accessible

*queue millions of casuals complaining about the narration / methodical pacing*

Fuck off

Are people fans of the phantom troop characters? They all seem bad to me

>Leorio
>super strong
>Kuwabara
>super strong

As much as I love Kuwabara he was wasted potential on the fault on the author making Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama candidates to success the three kings of the demon realm so they got most of the power ups

Leorio got left behind, and even if he's back and under training of dog lady, we will never see his progress because of the hiatus

>HxH
>accessible

not really, it's difficult as fuck getting someone into this series
I myself didn't get on board into the Yorkshin arc and even the people that loves a series like HxH will fucking hate the first arc.

with One Piece if you like it you'll get hooked from chapter 1

and obviously though HxH has a cult following it's not One Piece's "highest running manga" or Pokemon's "world-conquering franchise" level

Kekking at 'Recycled character designs'

I dunno. Does OP have anything that's more asspull-y than Alluka and my rubber nen?

>it's difficult as fuck getting someone into this series

Just tell them to watch the madhouse adaption. People hate reading, but the recent anime made Hunter x Hunter more accessible to people. I have a handful of normie friends who got seriously into Hunter x hunter because it was advertised heavily and recommended on Netflix

hxh is mediocare and literally none with taste cares about it
it has no developed characters
Gon being a spoiled little shit isnt character development

though random sports match in YYH was an anime original filler

>it has no developed characters

Killua, Kurapika, Meruem had tremendous character development through their interactions with other characters.

What are you even on about

maybe the Gears

A developed character isn't the only kind of good character. Gon being static doesn't make him bad. If you had your precious 'taste' you'd know that.

I like both

I don't want to be that guy who goes inside a thread just to shit on a series....but what's the appeal of HxH ?

It's literally the most bland shounen I've ever seen in my entire life.

The characters don't act like normal human beings, their behavior is overly predictable and speeches are filled with retarded philosophic nonsense.

The fight with Gon and Hanzo was so cringe-worth and awful. I literally couldn't take anymore. It's completely astonishing to me that people rate this series so highly.

>Can't understand subtlety to save his life.

>Actually enjoys the double IQ living condom and his aggravatingly stupid antics.

Just admit you like shows that don't require you to think a little

>luffy gets beat by Aokiji
>had a whole arc to reflect on the loss and came up with gears

>Pokemon analogy
Hunter x Hunter fanbase everyone

>I'm not very smart

Okay

>Gon being static doesn't make him bad

Doesn't make him good either.
Maybe if he had a more cooler personality then I'd like him more.

Honestly, I think Ging would make a better protagonist than Gon. Not only is he the same type of gifted, he has a selfish attitude but backed with a heart of gold sort of thing, and he's somewhat of a punk that shows a better emotional range than Gon's always go happy attitude.
>inb4 chimera ants Gon
What happened in CA doesn't change Gon's boring personality

Even better.
>came up with gears
>it still wasn't enough to completely beat Rob Lucci

>literally 2deep4u
LMAO

>2deep4u arguements
Sad.

>says there's only two good arcs
>HxH fan

>it still wasn't enough to completely beat Rob Lucci

but he did?

see

Togashi is the most genius storyteller in the whole fucking industry, you're either underage or pleb shitter if you aren't anticipating the Dark Continent arc.

They like it so that they can feel smart because someone told them it was a "deconstruction of shonen tropes." Yorkshin is the only really standout arc, everything else is pretty bland.

I'm not sure why they even think HxH is even that different from other battle shonen anymore. The Chimera Ant arc is supposed to be this landmark achievement because of how it portrays the humans becoming monsters and the monsters becoming humans, but humanizing villains was always done better in Naruto from the get-go with Zabuza and didn't take 300 chapters to get there like HxH.

More like you're a retard if you think the dark continent arc is ever being completed.

Consider the following.

"Zatch Bell" is referring to the original manga here, not the localized anime, but there was just no logo of Gash Bell in english

>One Piece on the other hand.

>Arlong Park
>Drum Island
>Alabasta
>Enies Lobby
>Impel Down
>Marineford

The first arc isn't battle shonen at all. It's a fun adventure.

>debate
lol, there is no debate, OnePiss is shit.

Get bent, children. I'm not here to convince anyone on watching the show, the fanbase can do just fine with more whiny ADHD spergs crying over shit that was practically spoon-fed to the audience.

>jojo
>good
I want this meme series popularity to die
it's so badly written

>Killua and Kurapika
>developed

All Killua did was cut back on killing and ditch Gon once Alluka hit the scene, while pikapretty much claimed he didn't give about the troupe, while distancing himself from his friends. They're still the same fucking people they were since their creation.

>I'm not here to make an argument
We can tell

>this post
I couldn't agree more. Zabuza's arc is better than Chimera ants in less than 5x the length.

I hate Naruto with a passion but i do enjoy Zabuza's arc greatly.

What debate? HxH is superior to all currents shonen. Only shonen from the previous generations can match it like FMA, RurouKen or Shaman King and only of the previous previous generation can top it... like Yuyu Hakusho, Slayers or the original Dragon ball.

Anime quality decreases as a function of time OP.

>The first arc isn't battle shonen at all.
It is though. Trick Tower and the final phase are very battle-shonen.

It's not a debate. One Piece is garbage. It's so bad I would still be amazed if it was 1/100th as popular as it is.

>Meruem
>Developed as a character
He was pretty inconsistent by not killing that girl (komugi or something?) when she refused to be defeated by him like he did with strangers and even allies.
Further than that he wasn't developed so not really much to work with.

Kurapika is just your regular muh revenge type of guy, at least his powerlevel is too low or he could have become another Sasuke Uchiha going berserk with his faggotry.

Killua is okay, but still is a violent fag with no actual reason to put up with Gon besides wanting his dick.

Did you present one to start? One that I can't dismantle with a single page?

Chimera Ant>Yorknew City>Heaven's Arena>Chairman Election>Hunter Exam>Greed Island>Zoldyck Family

Water 7>Summit War>Alabasta>East Blue>Dressrossa>Thriller Bark>Skypeia>Fishman Island

EZ

>this thread

Huntards BTFO.

Do you think OP started in 2005 or something?

Killua went from little murdering assasin with no friends to a character that slowly got out of his shell when he was separated from Gon in CA. He made friends with the octopus guy and fucking Palm who he was jealous of initially. Killua became a better person and more kinder after the end of CA.

Kurapika became more wiser and is now head of a mafia. He's always had the same goal of avenging his clan and his development is less noticeable. But he's become a lot more distant after shutting himself away from his friends in pursuit of his goal and we can see how more serious he is.

how is this a debate? HxH doesn't even come out most of the time.

>Yuyu Hakusho
I feel like anyone who actually praises Yu Yu Hakusho never bothered watching past the Dark Tournament.

YYH is just as if not more offensive than HxH in how bad it gets after the first half.

>kill younger toguro in the spirit detective saga but not really
>kill elder toguro in the dark tournament but not really
>kill kuwabara in the dark tournament but not really
>kill genkai in the dark tournament but not really
>kill yusuke in the chapter black saga but not really because an asspull brings him back to life

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than rubber nen, alluka, or netero-bomb, or the dark continent being asspulled from nowhere, but neither series are good.

Togashi is a hack.

this.
togashit always was a hack
the guy cannot come up with something original
all the cliche shit and edgy action scenes doesn't make shit story telling good or deep

>Meruem
>Inconsistent
>Large part of the arc was him at clear odds with his developing humanity due to Komugi's influence.

Case and point.

Hunter x Hunter was never about an adventure, more about people trying to live through these crazy stuff and how these things would go down "for real"

HxH is not accessible, it is very complicated and slow for a normal reader

It is not as popular as One Piece

>everything up to Yorkshin, Greed Island, Chairman Arc

Yorkshin and Chimera Ants are the only great arcs, and even then, the first two thirds of Chimera Ants are fucking horrible

>Dark Continent being asspulled from nowhere

That isn't what 'asspulled' means.

>dark continent
>not an asspull

Greed Island was great and you have shit tastes if you don't like it

All these kids like tossing that word around like it's going out of style.

Watch them cry if I said Haki came the fuck out of nowhere.

You think HxH is written better than One Piece? Seriously? With all those asspull and write errors? (For example, the dark continent that suddenly appears without having ever been mentioned before) A manga that still follows the classic narrative of shonen? (Where do the characters also comes trouble) Must be joking, HxH is not even close to the quality of writing of One Piece. Magi I still have to finish reading, but for now it is nothing so impressive. It has a very simple writing with zero ambition. I hope it will improve in the next volumes.

>kill genkai in the dark tournament but not really
>kill yusuke in the chapter black saga but not really because an asspull brings him back to life

I will never not be mad about these, they were was entirely unnecessary. Not to mention Genkai became completely useless after her resurrection and Demon Yusuke only appeared twice before Togashi gave us the fuck you without any proper conclusion to the story.

Fucking hack man, I swear.

So could Killua have wished for Meruem to be killed?

If you want thousands of people to die

That's like saying yorkshin city was an asspull
Or that east gorteau was an asspull.
Introducing the setting overtime isn't asspulling, you buzzwordy cuck.

>introducing a new aspect of the world to be explored is an asspull

In that case every new island they go to in One Piece is an asspull too
Fuck off, neither are asspulls

This except:

Gash > HxH > Wan Piss

My main problem with HxH is the fact things could be solved in a more simple manner but the plot makes it so everything is "muh deep" or "muh intellectual fight"

For instance, when Killua fought those fish. They were underwater. He literally had a power that shot electricity. It is not hard to sum it up

>I love a longass training arc where half of it consisted of traveling back and forrth to the Magical City of Masadora

It was a boring card collecting JRPG, except I couldn't even play it. It was like watching someone play it for me

Wrong. The world of HxH map was shown early on as a flipped version of the real world, so Yorkshin (based on New York city) and East Gorteau (based on North Korea) fit in the setting. Dark Continent was asspulled out of nowhere because Togashit ran out of ideas. Fuck off Huntard

One Piece universe was introduced as endless and filled with diverse islands early on. Fuck off Huntard

Electricity doesn't just kill everything when it hits water, especially when it's fresh, you imbecile.

DC hasn't been mentioned because it is unexplored content of the world. Also Alluka was foreshadowed to be from DC, there for her existence was the thing that set in motion the existence of DC in the HxH world

I guess One Piece's Earth being as big as it is was an asspull too. I mean I didn't know it was immense prior

There's no debate though.

Here's the definitive ranking: Berserk > Naruto before the war saga > Bleach until the espada saga > HXH > JOJO > OP > Naruto's war saga > The rest of Bleach > Fairy Fail

Shaman King >>>>>>

That still isn't what asspull means.
Keep crying about it though.

OP is better but I'm still surprised by how much of a piece of trash the anime is.

Yeah it is huntard

This is great except again Full Metal and Hunter x Hunter are far superior to One Piece and JoJo

You're still wrong, my dude, and going 'weee weee huntard!' doesn't change that.

I like the art and love Yoh as a main character. But that's almost all it has going for it really.
I wish Yoh replayed Gon in HxH, would make for a better adventure

it is though