Alice to Zouroku

Imagine a Code Geass reboot, except...
>main character is an old man with 70 years of wisdom and life experience
>he doesn't form a contract with the mysterious girl, when offered
>he doesn't want anything to do with her
>when she makes a commotion in town, he takes her and the "enemy" magical girls to the police
>he doesn't support her grandiose plans for revenge, says to leave that sort of thing to adults
>tells her to stop using her power and just learn to be a normal little girl

I'm sure they will fuck it up somehow by episode 9, but what a wonderful premise this anime has

I like the 90's look and feel of this

>90's look
I don't see it at all. Except maybe the abhorrent CG.

There was some pretty terrible QUALITY in there.

But nice show overall. Last 15 minutes were great.

I see it honestly, it feels like a older show for some reason

Try mid 00's. 90's look is Slayers and Magic Knight Rayearth type of shows, and this has nothing of that.

So nothing like Geass at all, then.

>you will never be so happy that you go to sleep with a dumb smile on your face

What a great start to the season, I'm really excited to see how it goes.

Honestly I hate the whole magical girl genre, there are a couple of gems but I like them entirely because they go against the grain.

That said I have really high hopes for this one. Zouroku is my spirit animal. I'm in love with his attitude.

It's not that Code Geass is its own genre. I just mean that archetypical sort of story.

>magical girl appears
>she has some immense and mysterious power, but can't use it on her own
>an "ordinary high school boy" finds her collapsed somewhere
>she asks him it he wants to form a contract
>he says "yes" and gains a mysterious new power
>has to live a double life fighting monsters or secret organizations while still commuting to high school during the day

I can name a dozen or so notable anime with the exact same premise. It's nice to see a new show not falling for all of the usual pitfalls.

Blue haired younger sister is a best.

I like chuuni battle shit, cute SoL, and lolis so this is right up my alley.

Early-mid 00's, yes.

I second this.

What is that long drill ponytail style called? It is sex.

Can somebody with knowledge of the source material tell me if it will go south like Gokukoku no Brynhildr did?

Probably the same team in JC that made pic related

>>an "ordinary high school boy" finds her collapsed somewhere
This is where it becomes obvious you're stretching. Lelouch was never normal or ordinary and he wasn't made out to be.

Gotta love best girl there in the back.

It's weird to hear the people complaining about the CG after Kemono Friends was AOTS last season.

How many anime have you watched?

Kemono's CG was dated but consistently dated. This one has blatant errors one episode in.

I didn't even watch Kemono Friends for that pure fact, though.

So some Madoka familiars like crap is going to spill into real world if she has a bad dream?

It's really nice to see a ojiisan mc in this story. Not seeing him go "ehhhhh" or flipping his shit about everything and keeping his cool is nice.

Ok I get they like to stare at the policewoman's legs but do you have to do it for a minute?

This was worse.

Nobody thought KF CG was good. Everything else about it, from the writing to the directing to the voice acting, was so good that the shitty CG was more or less disregarded

Old man is absolutely based. I love how the people were clapping for him.

Was it that good? Should I watch it?

So there are people who think the CG in this anime are good? And they are what is ruining your enjoyment of it? I don't follow your "logic" at all.

Depends. Are you able to appreciate good anime?

Around 150. Not a huge number.

Why?

Thats cus japs have shit taste in anime.

>Kemono Friends
>le kawaii animal onnanoko xDDDD
no it's shit and only popular with NEET manchildren

Exactly.

THE ALICES GONNA GET ADOPTED
THEY ALL GONNA GET ADOPTED

First episode got better the further along it went.

I'm down for an old MC.

The point was that in KF, everything else was good so the bad CG was put to the side (save for the first couple episodes when first watching it)
Here, we don't know about the "everything else", and plus there's still the 2D animation, so the bad CG stands out and people get put off by it.

Since you've clearly not watched it and is only shitposting based on assumptions taken out of your ass, your opinion is as good as nada.

just because they ran out of time making a 45 minute episode

That's about what I thought.

>Why?
Maybe you missed when I said why in my post. >It's not that Code Geass is its own genre. I just mean that archetypical sort of story.
>I can name a dozen or so notable anime with the exact same premise. It's nice to see a new show not falling for all of the usual pitfalls.

Keep watching more anime. You'll get it eventually.

Stop typing like an idiot.

You're not making much sense.

stop watching generic CGDCT copy pastas

Just where do you think we are?

Try watching an anime before criticizing it.

>Kemono Friends
>Generic CGDCT copy pasta
Sure whatever bud.

Its not like the 2D animation quality was that good either, and I guarantee you if any of the CG scenes had been 2D they would have looked much worse.

The best part was him being a florist, It was just a nice change from the usual shit we get.

Don't know why people crying about CG, Wasn't even bad or off putting, I mean once you've watched Sidonia you're immune to everything.

Those who don't work don't get to eat.

The ED is amazing.

What are you talking about? Sexual thoughts about a pure, innocent Sana is horrible.

Where is the live watch thread anons?

In the archive.

Wait, the Yakuza's girlfriend is the shop clerk who is a foreigner?

No, moron.

Why are the burger sisters so incompetent?

In normal anime this old guy would die in ep1.
He would not be an protagonist.

> Series is called Alice & Zouroku
> Main girl isn't named Alice

>in boring anime
FTFY

It will be about old man educating all the alices in how to be an upstanding citizen.

Please be true.

So this is Rozen Maiden with Jun manning up?

No, I won't, because you're finding a few similar elements and deliberately zooming out to eliminate all detail and then pretending you've found a meaningful pattern.

In reality, the exact thing you said also describes Star Wars and Harry Potter and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, except you replace "cute girl" with old man, magic tree, blah blah.

It's called the call to adventure and pretty much every story is going to have a variant of it.

Stop pretending you're smart.

This show is terrible.

Alice is not kawaii at all.

Watch more anime before writing retarded rants on Sup Forums.

Clearly didn't even watch the show.

After he's acquired a full set of Alices, Red Queen will grant him his youth and vigor that he may impregnate the lot.

Not before you kill yourself, you sophomoric underage faggot.

> Main girl isn't named Alice
Wow DROPPED
And I just downloaded it too. You saved me a good 22 minutes user thanks.

>I hate anime so much that you are going to have to kys before I watch any more
I want reddit to go.

>MC is an old man
>Runs a flower shop and just wants to live an honest life
>Even has grandkids
>Everyone STILL self inserts as him cause they wanna fuck the loli
Not sure why I expected anything else.

I like this guy.

What is it about this anime that attracts so many low quality trolls?

>Alice is not kawaii at all.

>stop watching generic CGDCT copy pastas

>I've only watched about 150 animes, which is enough to comment on archetypical storylines

>"I downloaded it"
>22 minutes

>old man owns a flower shop driving a mini cooper around japan fucking lolis

literally who is the target audience for this shiw?

Alice is her "dead" mother? All these girls are using her mother's power and because Sana is the daughter her power is the greatest?

Grumpy Jiisan? Too bad he's dead now.

Lelouch was actually perfectly normal until his mother died when he was 8.

how would you know this

He's pretty fucking chill actually. What with all the shit that just went down.

It's just that there's nothing better for those faggots to do when this is the only noteworthy thing that came out today.

>literally a prince of Britannia
>genius intelligence
>perfectly normal

Really though, what the fuck is happening?

Made up shit.
Something to explain the different design.

>Not self inserting as a badass florist old dude who has a loli and JK granddaughter he can fuck

If it appears to you that there are so many trolls in one thread, the truth may be that you are the retard. Just saying.

He wasn't angry, emotionally damaged, or competent in any area outside book smarts, though, so he was certainly much closer to normal.

>Not self-inserting as the loli with the awesome badass adopted grandpa
This is where you fucked up.

Who was that research facility guy and why was he so retarded.

You're nitpicking and it's annoying. Choose literally ANY other anime with that kind of premise. For example, Guilty Crown or even something from last season, like Hand Shakers. Death Note was the same kind of story, substituting a cute magical girl with an ugly male shinigami.

another series abusing children

Never change Nevada chan

pretty cute so far, i like it

He's gonna be the villain that gets punched in the face when based jiisan inadvertently saves all the kids.

Where is the icon pack for this season

It's a little disconcerting to have a main character who has some common sense about the world. I have a feeling this is why so many of the redditors trolling this thread are so angry. They can't relate.

Did I miss episode 0?

What is even happening?

What is it that you don't understand?

What powers?
What research facility?
What's even happening?

This is shaping up to be another Flip Flappers tier disaster.