Why are SAOfags so wrong about their own show?

Why are SAOfags so wrong about their own show?
Everywhere it's discussed I see the >muh first arc is good but the second S1 arc is bad meme

Now, both seasons are entirely awful - don't get me wrong. But S1Arc2 was, quite literally, the only time the show had
>Any animation at all (ie: no 1/2 episode still frames with barely animated mouths and "fight scenes" that were shaking pictures"
>Even a semblance of character development (for Suguha - at least, until the end when she relapses)
>An actual enemy to hate (Kaiba literally did nothing until the end, end then said something along the lines of "I don't even know why I did this anymore")
>etc.

Is it literally just because people couldn't handle the incest? Is that it? I know the show is terrible, but having watched it just to make fun of people online, I can't help but think the fans are stupider than ever, considering they don't even know when their own show barely approaches mediocre (as opposed to when it's always awful)

who is this? need a good fap mai gai

>What are context clues
>What's reverse image search

Show is garbage, thread is garbage, OP is garbage. Sniper girl is hot. Thread over.

nice tits, sauce?

>2017 replying if you where not gonna give sauce? :hyperthink: ????

Of course the show is garbage.

My issue is that the concern over where the show is most, or least, trash is entirely wrong by even the retards who like it.

it's the tits, mang.

the tits are serious shit

I want to touch Sugu's Sugus

I hate it because it reduced Asuna to a damsel in distress character when she was formally one of the highest ranking players in SAO. It feels regressive and like out of place rape fetish fan service.

To be fair though I hate all of SAO anyhow. But I think the first arc is less viscerally upsetting.

>it's the Kayaba had no reason for doing what he did meme
He knew exactly why he did it. He dreamed of a world where virtual online games become reality. He wanted to make the game as real as possible by preventing logouts and making people die when they die in the game. He also wanted to live in this world hence Heathcliff. He just didn't tell Kirito about this because this reason sounds really fucking stupid after 4000 deaths. He killed himself afterwards to prevent facing retribution.

She still did more to rescue herself than Kirito did, though. At least until the end.
>Trying to get through that stupid library area with the rape monsters
>Trying to escape the cage

That's also why Rosario was the only even slightly passable part of S2 (again,
despite being awful) - Asuna at least did something the whole time, and we didn't have to suffer with the self insert faggot.

Because SAO Arc is wish fulfillment at its finest. People self inserted as Kirito even if they don't want to admit it so of course they have to love it.

ALO is just not the same anymore. The magic is gone. The stakes aren't high anymore and being a different game means people don't have an attachment to it.

I like the first arc best but I think you're not wrong. I know it's shit but I like it anyway.

SAO was good
ALO was...... weird
GGO was shit
Mama rosario was great
Ordinal Scale was the best

So it breaks down into the pokemon nostalgiafag problem? I know the show is literally Self Insertion: The Show, but to be so blinded is almost crazy

I just can't understand how "fans" of the show enjoy the objectively worse parts of it. Anyone who enjoys the Gun Gale arc is legitimately retarded.

Some friends and I marathoned both seasons over about a week, playing a drinking game as we went. It still wasn't enough to make Gun Gale not make me want to kill myself.

None of it was good.
The only reason ALO is even passable is because it managed to be only mediocre, as opposed to exceptionally bad.

...Sounds about right.

GGO was great. Cool setting change, cool heroine, cool villain.

>Cool setting
They sat in a fucking desert cave for 3 goddamn episodes in a row. I'm still mad. The rest was generic forest and military areas.

>cool heroine
She had a nice design, but
>muh tragic past
She was a generic tsundere otherwise.

>cool villain.
Quite literally one of the most generic villains I'd ever seen.

And the "Kirito looks like a girl" thing was both ridiculous and pointless..

>go to your sister's room
>see this
>wat do

the games are super pandering and more honest about it

It's rape time.

SAOfag here. What's not to like?

T H I C C

Imo, ALO is bad bc they talk all the time when they cast some spell, and the MC was too op, he have some special skill that no one have from the beginning, that's make it boring. At least in SAO every player have some kind of special skill, not exclusively to some special characters, I like that set up, if MC can have some special skill, so as other characters. In 2nd season there's nothing special.

While you may have a point, at least the fight scenes in ALO are animated. That trumps the rest.

Nearly every fight scene in SAO (and every other arc besides Rosario) was literally
>Single image
>Shaking/some kind of animation effect (wind/colors that are "slashes")
>Kirito running
>Repeat

>Why are SAOfags so wrong
They are SAOfags.

>sniper girl is typically emotionally damaged lewd-but-insecure side chick crushing on MC

But that's my conceit - even being the lowest of the low, they still somehow manage to fuck it up by not even recognizing the only slightly okay part of the show.

I wish the anime was based on the SAO Progressive manga adapation by Himura

Why is this image so erotic?

Because Suguha is eroticism embodied
>Sugu's Sugus
>Short shorts
>Incest
>Desperate

Bullshit. Ordinal Scale had some of the best animated fight scenes ever. SAO is popular for many reasons and its not just infamy.

>cousin

It's basically vanilla. Stop calling it incest.

They were raised as siblings. Mostly counts.

>Ordinal Scale had some of the best animated fight scenes ever.
Now how I know you're retarded?

>SAO is popular for many reasons and its not just infamy.
Because teenagers are into wish fulfillment and self insertion?

But let me shit on SAO for a minute.
Remember the end of GGO where Sinon's bully brought a freaking handgun to school? Remember how she tried to fucking kill Sinon because "lunch money"? So other than how it's nearly impossible to get an illegal handgun as a Japanese high school student uhh

>Sinon takes the gun and fires at a can
>normally guns make deafening noise that echos to at least a kilometer
>pew pew
>Sinon hands the gun back to the bully that tried to kill her a minute ago

just

It's a fucking airsoft gun. Basically harmless unless you hit eye or something.

What about this infuriating part
>Psycho friendzone kid has deadly syringe
>Manages to stab Kirito in the single spot where he had the smallest bit of tiny, thing plastic protection
>He is totally fine

Or
>Starts off in GGO with that stupid cowboy minigame
>Explicitly mention the price of the game
>Explicitly mention that Kirito has exactly twice that - ie: two tries
>Any sane, even mediocre narrative would have him fail once and pass the second time when the stakes are higher
>He manages to beat it in one try without breaking a sweat or wasting money.

You just value different things. Some fights had more animation, but the tension was mostly lower with Kirito's high stats and no death mechanism. The enemy was hateable, but in a really skeevy way. And character development was in no way exclusive to ALO.

>Some fights had more animation
More like animation v. none at all.

>but the tension was mostly lower with Kirito's high stats and no death mechanism
There was literally never a shred of tension. I watched every bit of this shit show, and not once was there any tension that
>Kirito would lose
>That even if he did manage to lose, it wouldn't matter anyway

>The enemy was hateable, but in a really skeevy way.
As any enemy should be

>And character development was in no way exclusive to ALO.
Kirito never once learns or grows in a meaningful way. None of the side characters do, minus Suguha (who reverts by the end of the arc anyway). Maybe you can make a case for Asuna at the end of Rosario, but that's about it

See I don't get why SAO gets so much heat when far far worse shows exist in the industry. For example, compare SAO to the heaping piles of crap that comes out of kyoani.

>there is no tension!
vs
>there is no plot

Holy fuck, I thought I was the only person who thought this way.

The SAO arc jumps around way too much. You can't get attached to the characters or the plot when it just shows little vignettes at a time. ALO was at least a consistent narrative. The other arcs are the same but they're so mediocre that they have other crippling problems.

The movie is unironically good, though. Kawahara has improved a lot since he first wrote SAO.

This is the same people who love Naruto and are willing to watch 20 episodes of pure garbage just for 1 episode where there is a pretty decent 10 minute fight.

>Muh Kyoani boogieman
There are certainly Kyoani shows with plot - and even the ones without it at the very least have animation.

Which is more than I can say for almost the entirety of SAO. The amount of times the show broke out into something like
>Still picture with mouths covered to not have to animate mouths
>Still frame fight scenes
>Standing and talking without any action

But we're not discussing KyoAni here, we're discussing the abortion known as SAO.

>Holy fuck, I thought I was the only person who thought this way.
>The SAO arc jumps around way too much. You can't get attached to the characters or the plot when it just shows little vignettes at a time. ALO was at least a consistent narrative. The other arcs are the same but they're so mediocre that they have other crippling problems.

It's stunning that no one seems to understand this. ALO manages to be the only consistent narrative in a two season show, besides maybe the Rosario arc. It was all still shit, but at least ALO had an actual arc.

Besides MC, did anyone else actually have a super unique power?
That didn't turn out to actually be the big bad?

Sinon aways claimed to be the best sniper.

Even if the retard spent more time up close and in close quarters to her enemies to actually be an efficient sniper.

Everything about GGO is infuriating.

Also, the AIDS girl from the last animated arc had spent so long in the game that she was developed something special, if I remember right.

Normally what happens is
>show comes out
>has flaws
>some people enjoy it and others drop it
>criticism exists but mellow

but for SAO
>some people enjoy it
>some others drop it
>some others hate it and watch it to ruin it for everyone else by criticizing everything about it

It's a huge stretch to say SAO is the worst anime ever. SAO is a scapegoat and there's nothing more meta you can do in the anime community than hate on SAO. Watch some youtube reviewers on SAO. Read the comments and watch how they flock.

Of course infamy=money so this isn't bad for the franchise.

How wrong can you be?
>some people enjoy it
It was extremely popular, and simply because it managed to up the wish fulfillment to max.

>some others hate it and watch it to ruin it for everyone else by criticizing everything about it
The hate was only in proportion to its popularity. You're not going to argue that Naruto is "hated too much" when, of course, it was also one of the most popular shows ever.

>Watching youtube reviewers
>Ever
>Caring about youtube comments
>Ever
>Using them in a discussion on Sup Forums
>Ever

I was literally in a GameStop earlier today and two of the employees behind the counter were talking nonstop about the SAO LNs. Both were very overweight and neckbeards. Is this common with SAOfags or just normalfags in general into this shitty anime?

That's worse than I thought. I was assuming I was just forgetting someone. Damn.
Thanks for answering.

It's mainly due to how they had to adapt the material given how the initial novel was first written.

The first season of the anime is pretty much a mash of the first volume and a collection of side stories that composed the second volume. The first volume itself jumped immediately to the "end game" of the story, where you see Kirito solo the floor boss and unveil his Dual Swords skill. By making the whole adventure of SAO close its doors in one novel, it makes it pretty hard to carry on the story afterward by losing the main selling point. Not only that but from then on forces the main character Kirito to be a Gary Stu character because we did not get to see his growth at all during the time he was playing SAO despite having his "beta tester" label. This shifts the selling point of the series from being in the death game of SAO to primarily following our overpowered protagonist Kirito.

Kawahara ironically didn't begin serializing the SAO series until after he gained traction off serializing Accel World. That said, as the novels were an adaptation of one of his earlier works, his inexperience when he was writing the initial SAO novels shows.

I haven't read the Alicization novels to speak for his growth as an author in how he adapted that arc from the web novel, but I can say that Ordinal Scale as well as some of the spoilers I've read about Alicization's ending shows how much he has grown. Rather than wrapping up the story on SAO then and there, he found a way to continue the plot while expanding on the overall world building.

I ended up marathoning both seasons over the past winter break from classes.

I hated it, but for some reason it stuck with me.

It was entertaining seeing people adapt to mmo life and kirito being such a sperg that he makes his guild commit sudoku.

Arc 2 is just a polished turd

>and kirito being such a sperg that he makes his guild commit sudoku.
I have never, in my entire life, seen drama as forced as the team kill

>Barely introduced in 5 minutes
>Dead 5 minutes later
>Long, melodramatic, drawn out song of some bitch humming Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
>The 5 minutes we saw of the group is supposed to equate to episodes worth of "trauma" Kirito suffers

your pic displays the only good thing about SAO.

AIDS girl was best girl.

I thought the only good thing about SAO was Trapito?

It's shit but the third season is coming anyway, and it's going to be fun

Ordinal Scale dvd when?
S3 when?

Best girl for Asuna.

>Muh "SAO is bad meme" again

It's an entertaining show with interesting ideas to throw around and some minor flaws, but nothing that was ever a deal breaker, except for the most extreme of autists.

>S3 when?
Soon, probably.

>Oh no, they might think bad of me
>should just let them die, that's fine
>Oh no they died
Itbqas stupid, but at least entertaining

Like I say, different values. You don't discern tension variations since you don't get engaged like a fan does. You like skeevy. And you don't count character development the same way.

Maybe I prefer the SoL part in SAO, the fighting part isn't really matter, that kind of fighting scenes can be found in all kind of anime/film.

>It's an entertaining show with interesting ideas to throw around and some minor flaws.
None of this is even slightly true.

I thought it'd at least be a "so bad it's good" deal, but it wasn't even that. When it wasn't being boring, it was being infuriatingly stupid.

>Muh subjectivity and relativity

>You like skeevy.
And to use such a word you're obviously a crossboarder. An enemy like the one in ALO is far better than an enemy like the one in SAO - at the very least, you can discern that he's evil, that he has no morals, that he has control, etc.

>And you don't count character development the same way.
Please, please try to point me in the direction of any lasting character development. Every female in the show "develops" as in
>Gets rescued by Kirito
>Now fauns over him and stalks him (if they're not dating him, like Asuna). Kirito never had development.

It's an MMO themed show where fighting monsters to clear floors was the initial goal. It certainly matters.

Who would win?
Kirito vs Asuna one handed sword. Considering Asuna has mother's rosario and Kirito got his ass handed by AIDS girl twice I think Asuna is stronger.

Shut the fuck down, garbage.

Also, it's because in the first half, awful as it was, the concept of threat at least existed, with people dying and all. The second half is just a much bigger cringefest with characters bering all dramatic because of a fucking MMO.

>there's something wrong with browsing multiple boards
Are you the same guy blaming people who watch youtube reviewers? God damn how autistic can you be? Do you want the world to agree with you that SAO is trash?

The fact that you can defend youtube reviewers and "personalities" as worthwhile, important, or anything but cancer shows why crossboarders on Sup Forums are bad.

Worst still, you're defending trash like SAO as well.

I feel like SAO was done the minute the whole trapped in the virtual world arc was over. THAT was the entire show. There's no stake higher than that.

>None of this is even slightly true
Numbers objectively prove your opinion irrelevant.

I feel that this point is probably what hurts you the most.

>Numbers objectively prove your opinion irrelevant.
>implying popularity = quality
Numbers mean nothing

The 2nd arc was like watching someone play Mario with pixie wings. It also could've help arc 1's pacing issues if it was 2 cour and the 2nd arc was omitted. So arc 2 not only killed off Asuna's characterization, but also hurt arc 1's chance of fixing one of its biggest flaws by simply existing.

>objective facts mean nothing
Ok.

>Numbers = facts
All they show are that there are a large amount of people who enjoy the show.

This does not speak to the show's legitimate quality. Tons of people buy music from shitty top 40 artists, but this doesn't make the music good.

>people unironically defending sao
What the fuck happened?

reddit browses Sup Forums sometimes, it seems.

That, or the weekend invites school children to post

It speaks to the show's entertainment quality, which you reject existing.

Just because you want to be a contrarian hipster doesn't mean everyone but you has shit taste. If you find yourself asking "Why does everyone have shit taste?" Maybe you should rephrase the question as "Why do I have shit taste?"

Her chest look like a guitar pick in the thumb nail.

I liked Damsel Asuna.

>It speaks to the show's entertainment quality, which you reject existing.
Entertainment quality means nothing. Millions of people are entertained by the WWE, but it's a trash medium. The average person's level for acceptable entertainment is ridiculously low.

>Just because you want to be a contrarian hipster
>It's contrarian to hate something for legitimate reasons
Let's see
>The pacing is bad
>Lack of character development and non-archetype/non-cliche characters
>Lack of actual fucking animation in an animated show
>OP characters with few, if any, flaws (leading to a lack of tension, a lack of caring for the characters, a lack of actual characterization among other terrible problems)
>Helped usher in a boring, cliche-filled genre
>Ridiculous "plot" moments (princess turning into fucking Thor for no reason, every single thing about GGO, AIDS (which only stood out as odd and out of place), Fem!Kirito, etc.)

Perhaps the only good thing the show has is its character designs.

Sao is best anime fuck off

Or you know we can say whatever the fuck we want and people have different tastes.

whats with those fat rolls?

Post cutes

Subjectivity is no excuse for shit taste. SAO is an objectively bad show.

>worst girl was actually the first and maybe only character in the entire series to kill MC
Lets talk about this

It's weird how no one seems to have caught onto how Yuuki's story was basically the real life story of Ryan White.

How was the movie?

As shitty as "your princess is in another castle" is from the overall writing perspective, for what it's worth, Asuna demonstrated an admirable amount of internal fortitude and strength throughout that stupid arc. As a powerless NPC held hostage by the GM, she really tried her best within her limited means, between trying to escape and stealing the ID card, etc.

Shame about the tentaclerape, though.

Do people even know the story behind Ryan White?

I think the show is fairly good. Honestly dont understand all the hate it gets. There are shows with much worse animations that receive lots of praise, like kemono friends, and shows with a much worse narrative like konosuba are also loved.
Hate/buttmad threads in general make no sense to me.

>As shitty as "your princess is in another castle" is from the overall writing perspective, for what it's worth, Asuna demonstrated an admirable amount of internal fortitude and strength throughout that stupid arc. As a powerless NPC held hostage by the GM, she really tried her best within her limited means, between trying to escape and stealing the ID card, etc.
Honestly agreed.

It's almost ironic that she did more as a chained up, caged damsel in distress than she did in the entirety as a free character in the SAO arc.

If they've studied the AIDS epidemic in any detail they should have.

>Post lewds
fix'd

I used to hate this show for the same reasons as listed in some of the rants in this thread back when I was younger. It's my most rewatched show now and I honestly understand to an extent the hate it gets. The show is just so genuinely fun to watch, though. Might order the BDs soon because it never gets old.

>GGO was shit

Hey man. GGO had one of the best themes. Mother's Rosario was unbeatable though. Ordinal Scale had full of promise.

>It's an MMO themed show where fighting monsters to clear floors was the initial goal. It certainly matters.
Sorry, I should say that, those fighting scenes didn't have more value to me than the other scenes. If you look at it as a fighting anime then it garbage, the MC should've die multiple times. They can add all kinds of effects to it, make those fighting scenes but that didn't add any value to the story, just like those super hero films, they destroy a whole city (very awesome scene) and it's still a movie for children. If those scenes too awkward, I can ignore part of it, to me it's just like other scenes.

I have never seen anything as irritatingly boring as the GGO arc.

I honestly can't understand how you can possibly have suffered through it more than once.

Same. I mean yeah Kirito was fucking Gary Stu but other than that, it wasn't flat out terrible. In fact, the thing is very interesting on the possibility of the technology happening and having some very practical uses. Mother's Rosario was the pinnacle of this show.

Considering his story is in plain view on wikipedia I'm guessing many know his story but few people put two and two together.

Yuuki
>got HIV from a tainted blood injection
>turned into full blown AIDS
>couldn't go to high school due to illness
>doctors gave her 6 months to live (I think) but she survived much longer
>one of her final wishes was to go back to high school
>death before graduation

White
>hemophiliac injected with tainted blood
>turned to full AIDS
>was kicked out of his high school due to complaints by teachers and parents because of his illness
>wanted to go back to school
>doctors gave him 6 months to live but he lived 5 more years
>courts declared he must be allowed back to school
>died 1 month before graduation

The similarities are there. I won't go full politics on the importance of White's story during the time but he was a iconic figure that changed the stigma on AIDS.

I just wanted to point this out because I've seen people claim that Yuuki's story was forced unrealistic bullshit as if people don't die from illnesses lmfao.