English dubs that were better than the Japanese

English dubs that were better than the Japanese

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68lhAtW1TEI
web.archive.org/web/20100614081927/http://www.mania.com/anime-expo-new-york-cowboy-bebop-movie-dub-premier_article_86108.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That show was dogshit

Eat shit

You first, OP.

The announcement of Kino getting a season 2 gives me hope that one day Baccano will.

Baccano's dub is easily better than the Japanese imhotbqhs.

There are, of course, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop and I suppose Welcome to the NHK.

Most funimation dubs are better than the original if you take your weeb earplugs out.

>imhotbqhs
Dubfags, everyone.

Baccanos dub was god tier you edgy contrarian

Though I am not exclusive to dubs. I'd not even dream of watching DanMachi's English dub any more than the minute it took me to write it off as utter shit. That crap wasn't a match by any extent. I was disgusted. 0/10 don't ever fucking listen to it.

SPACE DANDY

But it wasn't.

>English dubs that were better than the Japanese

Almost all dubs are dogshit.

I will always defend the exceptions, however. You weebs can get fucked.

>watching dubs
Why would you do this for any foreign media?

All dubs are dogshit because they aren't the original. This doesn't go just for anime, it goes for any foreign shit you're watching. Only brainlets watch dubs.

Fuck off.

Miria, Isaac and Ladd are destroyed in the dub.

>Not watching the Drunken Master dub
Missing out

I like the Baccano! dub as much as then next guy but its fans are always claiming that it's better than the Japanese when it's doubtful that they've even heard the Japanese. It's also a wonderful way to watch the show.

Obligatory

Unlike Kino, it's now or never for Baccano, the LN ends this year.

Toradora.

Unironically this.
No.

I think dubs are fine but I rarely watch them nowadays.

Dandy himself is fine but the other characters suck ass.

>Ladd
>destroyed
Lol wut?

I don't care. That's the long and short of it.

Cromartie

"That...that can't be normal."

T H I S.
Anyone who says that dubs are always shit, I point them to Cromartie's every time

I agree completely. Wakamoto was fucking glorious in the Japanese audio but everyone else was trash compared to the dub.

i liked panty and stocking's dub better than its sub.

mah nigga

this isnt even a joke, its just perverse

Here I am trying to defend the few dubs that are actually good, and you have to throw a shit one in and make my job harder.

Amanda Winn Lee > Megumi Hayashibara
Sorry, but it's true.

youtube.com/watch?v=68lhAtW1TEI

Every thread until you recognize it is the best english dub

If there's one thing Americans know how to do, it's be loud and obnoxious.

Death Note wasn't bad at all.

I disagree, but i heard the dub was okay.

I chuckled. It was good not great. I also might have liked the dub better since I'm not a huge Miyano or Aya Hirano fan.

>prefering subs
>contrarian
You're on the wrong website

Them's fightin' words.

I still hold the (unpopular) opinion that Brad Swaile is a better Light than Miyano

Yu Yu Hakusho

Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's a shame that its god-tier opening and ending are also dubbed, though.
WALKING IN A CROWD IN A FACELESS TOWN
I NEED TO FEEL THE TOUCH OF A FRIEND

>Isaac and Miria
>closest to "main characters" in anime at least
>trash English voices
Not even close. I'm also surprised anyone could tolerate Firo's terrible attempt at an accent.

I don't think it's better but I've been putting on the Lucky Star dub before going on naps the past few days because of how pleasant and comfy it is and it didn't need me to keep my eyes open like the subs. I think everyone has a great and fitting voice and my favorite character, Misao, has an amazing voice.

I always forget that I watched NHK dubbed. I guess it was pretty good because I usually can't get through ten seconds of dubbed anime.

FMA:B. I literally can't watch it subbed, Ed's voice sounds so retarded in Japanese

I'd rather have overdone accents than 1920s gangsters speaking fluent Japanese

You need help

Panty and Stocking
/thread

Do you also get triggered when aliens, dragons, and other creatures speak Japanese as well?

Only because the Goku clan thing. It's even worse in super. Thank god funimation stepped up. Beerus and Whis sound perfect. Can't wait until they get to Black arc.

Best couple.

you gotta watch the PSG dub. I couldn't go back to the sub version afterwards

it's just a meme. both Baccano and Cowboy Bebop simply were much better in Japanese than English.

Bebop
Baccano
DBZ (pre kai. New Bulma and new kid/teen Gohan sucks ass)
Trigun
Casshern Sins
YYH
Golden Boy (should be on everyones list)
NHK
Kenichi
Space Dandy
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

These are objectively better than their sub versions.

said no one ever. Even Watanabe said himself he prefers the english dub. As for Baccano, it makes more sense in the english language. It just sounds better. Stop being a weeaboo and accept it.

Don't forget Ghost in the Shell and Bobobo

>Baccano
>Space Dandy
These are pretty equal.
>Casshern Sins
Absolutely not.
>even Watanabe
[Citation needed]
>anyone who likes Baccano more in Japanese is just a weeaboo
Bitch, I love those dubs too but shut the fuck up.

Go fuck yourself

>casshern.
the guy who voiced casshern in the dub has an amazing voice

Aside from Pokemon and things like that the only dubs I've seen our FLCL and FMA(2003) and I thought those were good.

>YOU WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE A GODDAMN VAMPIRE IF ONE JUMPED UP AND BIT YOU ON THE END OF YOUR FUCKING DICK

The Japanese actor's howls are chilling. I like Casshern's dub voice but everyone else just sounds the same as in other Funi dubs.
Pokemon (in the early days, though the newer days are decent) had a godly dub and so did Yugioh and Bobobo. One Piece's dub also had one of my favorite anime openings.

>Pokémon
Please rewatch old Pokémon. There's so much bad voice acting in the dub. It's your nostalgia

Sorry but in my opinion. There is none.

Jormungand had a decent dub. It was more carried by the fact that them speaking Nippon as a bunch of foreign mercenaries is retarded, so English fit the setting better. Liked the Japanese voices better tho.

I rewatched it recently.

there's no such thing as opinions in objectivity. It's okay that you live in your delusional world, but sometimes you got to snap out of it.

Agreed

what the fuck is the point in watching dubs. this board has gone to such fucking shit

>not liking Kung-Pow

>what the fuck is the point in watching dubs.
Unless English is not your first language, I suggest you stop posting before you say more stupid shit.

YES, although I am perfectly fine with both.
Also, Kenshin (TV), Tenchi muyo (maybe it's my nostalgia talking), and pic related (movie, haruhi-chan, yuki-chan, melancholy, everything.

>Kenshin
as in Himura Kenshin? The voice was better than the Japanese version since the Jap version was played by a woman which I feel does not fit. I wouldn't say the acting was better though. The dub was a little awkward.
>Tenchi muyo
absolute not. Trust me. I tried watching the old Tenchi Muyo dub and the acting is horrible.Older dubs in general are just not good. Same goes with Outlaw Star.
>haruhi-chan, yuki-chan, melancholy, everything.
Both are good. I don't remember the voices or acting really catching my attention in either versions. The characters in that series/movie are really all that interesting in my opinion.

Yeah, the studio that translates 2ch to Reddit in their dub is great

End yourself my nigger

Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass are objectively better with the english dubs.

>Any dub better than the original

I unironically prefer the Black Lagoon dub to the original, sorry. Not ALL of it, there are a few odd cases, but I prefer it.

>Even Watanabe said himself he prefers the english dub
Common dubfag lie.

web.archive.org/web/20100614081927/http://www.mania.com/anime-expo-new-york-cowboy-bebop-movie-dub-premier_article_86108.html
>Audience: What do you think of the American dub as opposed to the Japanese version?
>Watanabe: The American version if very well made this time. My English isn' that good, but I though it sounded very good.
>The director of the English dub was in the audience,
Japanese sense of politeness. Not one word about it being superior or preferred though.

Also according to some random ANN user:
>Just as a point of reference and/or interest, I was at a discussion/autograph evening with Shinichiro Watanabe a couple of months ago here in Edinburgh, and 2 episodes of Bebop were shown, in Japanese as that was how Watanabe had requested they be shown.

Yeah, pretty much. Same for that other one in the similar vein. I think it was Durarara.

None. English dubs are shit and only dub that i will ever like is finnish dub of moomins

We understand that you couldn't follow it, user.

Asuka's english VA being a crazy asuka otaku was icing on the cake.

the first 6-7 episodes are.

They all are.

The first three are slow. You will also hate the series if you can't understand it and you can't blame people for that.

I understood it. It's just the only memorable characters are those thieving couple.Also I hate the mafia being portrayed in a positive light.