Does Sakura Matou really deserve all the hate? I mean, really?

Does Sakura Matou really deserve all the hate? I mean, really?

yes, the fact that she would take any time away from best girl and get her ufo adaptation before best girl is worthy of hate

She deserves even more hate.
She betrayed her Senpai, she's a worthless piece of shit.

Not all of it because a lot of it is petty and superficial. But some of it is understandable. First off, I think what screwed her a bit was not being endeared to the audience the same way Rin and Saber were.

Next is the fact the protagonist sacrifices the precious ideal for her, this thing the audience had been hit over the head for hours about how dear and wonderful it is and worthy of following even if it leads to a terrible end. This is sacrificed to save a much less than ideal girl. You know all the big deals with Sakura, it doesn't need to be repeated.

But lastly, what I believe really gets people is that the heroine, the love interest, the girl the protagonist sacrificed his cherished ideal to rescue, becomes an antagonist. There are antagonists who are arguably villainous in the story (who Sakura makes short work of), but antipathy toward them is natural. To the audience, Sakura antagonizing her allies comes off as a spit in the face. And her mentality comes off as one of making the world pay for the wrongs done to her and the help she never received. Add to this the other controversies and voila: a tragic heroine is viewed as a despicable one.

I personally don't think she ought to be hated, but she's definitely not easy to swallow. You just can't be too easy or too hard on her, it's not sensible. She's a character you can either accept or not accept.

Oh, what also gets some is the notion that Sakura is not fully responsible for her actions. This really pisses people off by giving them the impression Sakura is this character with no agency, does no good for herself but harm to everyone, a darling angel who dindu nuffin and who's sooo strong in the face of adversary despite things to the contrary, etc. Moderate opinions of Sakura are hard to come by.

>You just can't be too easy or too hard on her, it's not sensible.

I agree with most of what you've said. The hate towards her probably isn't even towards her at this point. What few Sakurafags there are tend to sweep everything you've noted under the rug and portray her as anything but the poor or at least selfish human being that she is. Compound that with their growing bitterness over the years of their girl being disliked and their response being to try and meme up Saber and Rin with blacked and ohohoh posting and I think they've found out that antagonizing the two biggest parts of the Fate fanbase wasn't a good idea. Sakura receives more hate then ever and it will get really bad when the movie releases. I can see countless threads of all the things she does in HF on the horizon some of which you noted.

Honest, informed and unbiased opinions on Sakura that don't simply spout old memes and shit on her? That will never do! This is Sup Forums people.

saberfags need to die

Nothing wrong with Saber user. Even Sakura likes her.

It doesn't really matter since the Heavens Feel ending is the true ending which means Shirou and Sakura are the canon pair of the game

I hate her because she eats fish and reposting the same shit, like "I'll post this everyday until you like it."
Fucking die, bitch.

Yeah Saber and Rin are too good for the likes of Shirou.

Shirou makes it a very cosy threesome, but they can have fun without him as well.

yes. she is the inferior kouhai, a protagonist from a fucking mobile game god stomps. mashu za BESTO

Sakura and Shirou are OTP

They never really end up together. She either kills him or he ends up puppet with poor control of his body. Just another one of Sakura's victims.

If he ends up as a puppet, Sakura can baby him for the rest of his life. It's a win for her. Far less for him though.

That's the point. HF consists of her trying to win for herself at the expense of the very people trying to save her putting aside countless innocents. Of course it's far less for him.

I think a lot of it is the betrayal of the ideal as you mentioned, coupled with the fact that for the prior two full routes Sakura was mostly non-existent. She was outside the masquerade, normal and someone you were supposed to forget as the story went along. All of sudden, you're throwing two routes of character motivation and growth away for someone who is pretty much a non-entity.

Why is it that Saber looks so cute with both Shirou and Rin?

Sakura Matou is the worst girl.

Anyone disputing this fact is a retard.

Because she fits them aesthetically.

Pretty much what this user said

I think what bother the people the most "me included " is the fact the protagonist have to throw the ideals he hod so dear and hold on , after playing for hours and finishing the previous two routes where they keep smack shirou's ideals on your head and how it's his father legacy and all , shirou's character is built around it and his whole desire to help the others and become hero of justice this is the core of Emiya shirous character

in HF it really feel like you're betraying your own self and way of life for some girl , better yet you have to kill other characters you came to like and relate from the previous routes for the sake of this girl you barely saw before

I'd add that, at least for me, the whole suffering of Sakura was overdone. There is a certain point at which the scale of the shit that happens passes the irredeemable and circles around into black comedy, and Sakura definitely passes it.

It's so over the top that you don't feel sorry for her, you laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Sakura's lack of presence if not utter absence from the preceding two routes definitely does not help her.

Yeah they tried so hard to make you feel bad for her but it back fired , her whole deals with her family and brother was just disgusting and how she turned later on make it even harder to feel bad for her + the whole deal with throw your ideal to save your girl , bruh ......

Probably not, but she doesnt deserve any love either.

As a character, she is a trainwreck.

Honestly, most of us Sakura fans don't shove things under the rug at all, we just see the whole picture.

Nasu even outlined that if she had known about the Bloodfort, she would have stopped Shinji cold in the other routes, simple as that. Which turns around the idea that she is just a hateful person, and we have to see HF as a time where she had her body and soul stretched as far as it could go. People have limits, let alone with All the World's Evil inside them, heroic spirits crushing their soul, and the only family they have left rejecting them and trying to convince the last person who treated you like family to put you down like a dog.

Sure, she is a bitter human bring as well, there is no denying that, but what about the times she tried to eras the estangememt she and Rin had in HF. Most forget that too easily, and forget that Rin exacerbated a lot of times Sakura honestly tried to reach out and help. It was a route where we saw the whole deal, the ugliness and the greatness.

Who's this?

JEANNE

My problem with Sakura primarily is that she's an exceptionally strong person who pretends to be weak. We're meant to see her as a victim, but she comes off more as a creeper with stockholm syndrome who enjoys manipulating people. She was still allowing Shinji to have his way with her long after acquiring the power to destroy him. Zouken didn't have the absolute control her her that he thought he did, yet she kept him thinking that he could kill her anytime he wanted. In love with Shirou, but won't confess because she's enjoying the status quo so much. Rin cut right to the heart of this when she called out Sakura's bullshit at the end of HF. She didn't need to suffer. She mastered Matou magecraft and could have ended it anytime she wanted.

test

isnt the main reason sakura acts as zoukens doormat because she overestimates him after what happened to karya?

I didn't mind her, until I played the game and tried her route
my fucking god

I also hated her voice. Every time I heard "senpai" my blood would boil. It got better in UFO's UBW

Saber is a bitch

i don't know ! i only watched zero and UBW and she looked like a nice sexy girl !

This angel.

I love her, and her story.