So I have dropped Fairy Tail for like 3 years and lately decided to come back for it. Is my boi Gray relevant now?

So I have dropped Fairy Tail for like 3 years and lately decided to come back for it. Is my boi Gray relevant now?

On which chapter/episode you dropped it?

When Gray got shat on by Rufus in the grand games or what ever, I couldn't stand that BS and decided to drop.

>he thinks that's bullshit

oh boy just read some more and see if you can handle it

Sort of? he did make Zeref almost piss himself, but it was the same Iced Shell thing that got Natsu to punch him as last time, and guess what happened?

I mean, the writing was already bad to begin with, but Natsu didn't rage his way into beating all the final bosses in the later arc right? Gray and Gajeel at least got some time to shine and not just stayed as fodders to make Natsu look good r-right?

Later Gray becomes a bit more important. He gets episode about his dad that died from Deliora in next Arc. He becomes Ice Devil Slayer and sets his goal to fight again strongest Zeref Demon. E.N.D.
So yea while he is not more important than Dragon Slayers or Lucy he is more relevant now

After GMG it was Grey that dealt most dmg to main boss. Because it was demon.

I don't remember much of what happened in the Tartarus arc but I think the bullshit mostly came from Erza

>he did make Zeref almost piss himsel
What, so not even Zeref can escape Iced Shell, that's pretty cool. But as long as he still needs to kill himself to activate it I don't think he would ever pull it off without other fags interrupting.

I see, thanks for the input.

>Devil Slayer

More slayer meme tittles I see

Other than Erza vs Kyoka fight. Tartaros had great fights without nakama bullshit.

It was Iced Shell with another spell(lost element I think it was called) layered on top, so Grey wouldn't only die, but also be completely forgotten by everyone.

I can never understand the "Slayer" thing in this shit.

So Dragon Slayers are supposed to be specialized in killing dragons but they are raised by the dragons themselves.And Devil slaying magic makes you a devil, so does that mean it makes you kill yourself?

yeah I was hoping the GMG arc had just been a bad arc and it would pick up from Tartarus onwards but no, it got even worst than the GMG arc

was there even a single fight so far that has not been complete bullshit?

That's pretty dark for Fairy Tail.

Yeah Erza also had her fair share of BS when I was reading, I liked Gray mostly because I think his fights were more sensible, and didn't talk about nakama thingy much.

Not rly. Simply Dragons have less resistance vs Dragon type magic. And humans that have learned it are called dragon slayers. And even if slayer becomes Dragon, Demon or God. Why would he die. It is after all the same type of magic as original beings used. Only humans that use it are called slayers.

Alvarez arc is full of jobbing from empire side. But from my memory, fights in Tartaros have not been bad. Other than that one with Erza

Dragon slayer magic was apparently invented because one nation had both humans and dragons living together, and another group of asshole dragons decided to invade, and the humans were useless until the invention of dragon slayer magic(which is really just dragon magic as used by non dragons). Which apparently had some major bugs to work out because there were some real issues with the first dragon slayers. God slayers weren't properly explained but it was apparently something Zeref did, and Devil slayers were apparently something that happened to counteract Zeref's demons.
It might be dark but it's not like he got a chance to use it, because of course he didn't.

yeah, what I meant was Tartarus had given me hope for the final arc but it ended up being even worst than GMG

I liked Tartarus

Where and when it was said that God Slayers have any connection with Zeref? While theory is good with all hateboner that Zeref have for Ankhseram it was never even alluded to being done by him

>discussing fairy tial

I hope you all realize that Mashima writes the plot for a chapter in 5 minutes in the morning

Imo fights in Alvarez arc are not even THAT bad. It's just with how Spriggan have been hyped up, it became disappointment because of all that jobbing

don't worry we're not delusional, that phase has passed a long time ago

they're good for like 1 chapter then comes the power ups, asspulls and the same overused speeches

Well at the least there was implication that Zancrow got it from Hades who was implied to have gotten all of the magics that Grimoire Heart useed from a book of Zeref. Though that may just mean that Zeref just wrote about the magic.

>lately decided to come back for it
No. Leave while you still can.

>Demon slayer magic makes Gray not make ice weapons now and instead just throws ice around to attack like the other elemental users.

oh well, that's disappoiting

Tbh I dont remember that being implied. He got HIS eye magic from book of zeref but all the others are simply lost magic that he found probably after leaving FT. For example Sherria got God Slayer book from chairman of the magic council.

Nope, he can still make weapons.
Ice Devil's Zeroth Long Sword
Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Bow

Can anyone tell me why Gray just sits there watching Natsu fight Zeref and not ganging up on him??

Because plot relevant fights are apparently supposed to be 1v1, or else the plot can't progress.

Oh, nice. But does that mean this is also a type of molding magic? I thought only molding magic can make objects?

It is a molding magic, it's more like he applies devil slayer effects to his ice molding magic.

It's not molding magic. It has roar like Dragon and God slayers, he can eat ice and is more about throwing ice around. But because Gray has access to both Ice make and Ice Devil Slaying magic. He is simply using both at the same time to make ice objects with Ice Devil slaying ice.

gajeel/gray team up when

I heard Erza destroyed a meteor with broken limbs and one arm. Why does she keep pulling this kind of shit?

Because she's Erza, duh.

Fucking kek

KYS Mashima

Never mind, gray actually dealt the killing blow.

>he can eat ice
Everybody can eat ice, faggot.