Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Since Tatami is brilliant and Ping Pong is utter trash it's really not that hard to answer this.

This.

They are both good but I prefer Tatami Galaxy. Ping Pong was a less polished (though it's tough to tell a lot of the time) production, and the Flash sequences looked bad.

Kaiba

If it was entirely episodic maybe.

I felt that Kaiba was kinda weak, at least compared to those two.

I liked them both, but Tatami's ending is just so dope so I prefer it.

Really nice for show within a medium that generally puts out stuff that's somewhat strong in the middle or in premise but wraps things up with a wet fart.

Kaiba was a huge trainwreck, even bigger than Geass R2.

Ping Pong hands down, but Tatami Galaxy is runnner-up for best Yuasa work

Ping Pong have a more interesting plot to me, but the visuals and animation looked like utter trash, so I'll pick Tatami.

>Ping Pong have a more interesting plot to me
It's literally a shounen sports manga with more abstract art. Also, learn to write.

It's still interesting, and in my opinion pretty well written for anime.

ur mom was well written last night

Kemonozume

What's so special about Ping Pong honestly?
Not bait or anything. It's a very straightforward adaptation of the manga. Same art style.

>It's literally a shounen sports manga
Ping Pong is nothing like your average shounen manga.

Tatami way more than Ping Pong but I still really like Ping Pong

left

It is, down to the usual "hurr talent or hard work?" debate.

Went to shit for no reason once Obaa was revealed as the villain.
All the plotlines and characters arcs were thrown away for more wacky shenanigans.

This user gets it

but both of them were talented? if anything, it was more like, talent won't always pull you through unless you practise...

Tatami Galaxy.

I was actually really bored of Tatami and could barely stay awake through the first episode. I'm sure the payoff's great but is it the same atmosphere and pacing throughout the whole series? Not sure if it'd be worth it. I can't stand slow shows no matter how good they are.

You thought Tatami Galaxy was slow? That's funny, most people find that it moves too fast. The pacing is the same throughout, but I would say sucked it up and watch it anyways, it's good and only 11 episodes.

Ping Pong because I actually cared about ALL of the characters, and their growth. Also, Smile stole my heart.

>Kaiba
>a huge trainwreck
I'm sorry what? Did we watch the same show? Sure, the second half was weaker than the first, but it tied up the entire story nicely, and ended quite amazingly.

>could barely stay awake through the first episode.
I don't understand this. The only times I've ever fallen asleep watching an anime was when I was already exhausted. It had nothing to do with the quality of the anime.

Kaiba's ending really reminded me of NGE, to be honest. Not that's that's a bad thing at all.

it's a tough choice but I'll have to go with Tatami Galaxy.

>Tatami is brilliant
This meme needs to die. It's a good anime, but overrated as fuck.

Is that seriously all you took away from Ping Pong?

It's a matter of perspective, what's something you would call brilliant?

From an objective perspective: FLCL and probably Cowboy Bebop. Personally: SSY.

I'd say FLCL for sure is on another level, but for the others it feels like you're just being petty when you say like, these are brilliant, but not THAT one, no way. It's fine to not like it as much but it has the same undeniably good qualities you see in any great production, you know?

The side characters have some interesting points about them, but as far as Peco and Smile are concerned, it's just shounenshit.

Ping Pong

Not being petty. Tatami just didn't do anything for me. The best episodes, in my opinion, are 1, 10 and 11 and I think those are really great episodes. I didn't really care for the others, though.

But surely can see that it has qualities that other people would find brilliant, even if you, yourself, don't?

If Tatami's pacing wasn't so bad at the end I'd be more inclined to watch it again. Ping Pong is great and you can show it to pretty much anyone and they'd enjoy it whereas Tatami is Busta Rhymes talking to you about sexual frustration and wasting your potential in college.

If it was shonen then the slant that practiced half his life to be the best would have won and there would be more "friendship" throughout.

Even in Naruto talent trumps hard work.
>and there would be more "friendship"
Friendship is like the most important element of Ping Pong.

Not only does Ping Pong go beyond that particular question it also explores thing to the left and right of it. You would struggle to name a handful of anime with as much thematic depth as Ping Pong and none of them fall into the shounen sport category.

>Friendship is like the most important element of Ping Pong.
Except you are factually wrong.

Tatami Galaxy was the original hipster anime for that generation of anime fans.

Now it's snowballed into this monster show that's still obscure enough to make you sound intelligent for having watched it.

And Kemonozume is one of the best anime ever made. Fuck you all.

>Kemonozume
Went to shit for no reason once Obaa was revealed as the villain.
All the plotlines and characters arcs were thrown away for more wacky shenanigans.

Chinese guy was the only reason why Ping Pong was a solid 5/10. Tatami is vomit.

both are trash

>And Kemonozume is one of the best anime ever made.
This.

The one that isn't pretentious.

>FLCL
autistic shouter
>Cowboy Bebop
gintoki lives on space

>facebook filename

tatami