theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELUP-oZQKM4
youtube.com/watch?v=_xwZqXGdzHw
youtube.com/watch?v=k36sIRRdFSU
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jokes on you it doesnt affect my intel 486

Feels good man. Glad I don't own any intel.

Doesn't affect gaming much so It's ok, but I'll think twice about getting Intel again.

The Virgin Intel
vs
The Chad AMD

>Buy Intel they said
>muh gaymes, muh FPS they said
>Trust the jews they said
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

bahahahhaha i was just putting together my first pc in 10 years nah fuck that 7700k ill take amd now instead

Shocking development

Intel was one of the starters of dumping SJW culture into the corporate world, they even installed an "all-gender restroom" in one of their facilities.

Redpill me on the CPU Jew

is AMD Sup Forums approved?

INTL is my biggest gainer.
It took a small hit today, but it was well worth buying.
The Flaw has been known for years by those who follow such things. It was crippled on purpose to allow the NSA a back door. Not only does it make your computer more hackable, but it makes your encrypted files much weaker to attack.

obviously the jews

>using windows

AMD unaffected because it already operates at a 30% performance loss

Well yeah, it won't affect most consumers but it will destroy Intel's biggest market segment, the data centers and server side of their business. Considering that they were already getting hammered by AMD's epyc , Intel's in for a rough year.

not trusting an asian woman CEO (AMD)

this board of white roastie defenders will post 30% slower now.

I'm still running windows 7. I noticed every computer with 10 runs slow. Fuck that shit. 10 is a marketing UI mess with botnet features already let alone the decrease in performance.

>but it will destroy Intel's biggest market segment, the data centers and server side of their business

No it won't. Epyc is not making any significant inroads btw.

better a chink woman than kikes

Intel worked with the NSA to make encryption weak. Everyone knows it now so there are software work arounds. Thus, there's no point in hiding it anymore. That's why it's public - and public makes it useless.
But everyone knew this, except Sup Forums, apparently.

post broofs
for someone currently undecidet on the issue it would help to spot spewing garbage and post actuall points
or are u a fukken shill maybe?

That's fine, but I believe the full extent of the damage to intels business and value is not reflected in the market yet. I am going all in on AMD

youtube.com/watch?v=ELUP-oZQKM4

kek make me laugh in the middle of the night.

Muh asian waifu honorary aryan

was sarcasm.

>I'm still running windows 7. I noticed every computer with 10 runs slow. Fuck that shit.
You're a fucking moron. Don't breed.

You sound like such a typical American consumerist and I hate it

the best wife in the world EA (east asian)

Lightbringer's Choice.

NEED MORE CORES!!!

and you dont know shit about IT
i work with server and client systems boio 10 is a pile of fucking junk
>mfw i still have 20 win7 ultimate keys

I'm not a techy guy, what does this mean. I have an Intel i5 4590, does this affect me?

My beast mode i7 is not affected. Suck it bitch

AMD is spearheaded by a Chinese milf, their GPU powerhouse was spearheaded by a poo, but credit where it's due they have made the single biggest comeback since Apple almost went bankrupt in the 90s.
Threadripper is the best priced production product on the market (meme streamers still buy Skylake-X because they know nothing), Ryzen 5/7 the best of all worlds, and soon with Ryzen+ the clockspeeds may allow them to beat the 8700k in gaming as well.

Honestly there is no reason to buy Intel anymore. Not even granny pc's.

What does Terry think of this?

Windows 10 is only good for dx12 to be honest.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>OWN INTEL
>OWN WIN 10

can i has a win 7 key ?
would trade an win nt key for one...

Looks like I'm buying Ryzen+

It literally is Jews. Modern intel chips are based on the core architecture that was designed by Intel's Israeli R&D. The pentium 4 was a dead end, so they switched to the jew derived core architecture.

>tfw finally a public reason to upgrade from my 4670k

lucky you !
got my new rig just 3 weeks ago... if only they dropped that bomb 3 weeks earlier i would have a ryzen+ too.

God doesn't approve of Windows 10 anyways. Just punishments for niggers that use it.

>using win10
lmao
i got an intel cpu from 2008 and running win7 + 2gb of ram and never had a problem with it, ofc i disalbed updates and all

Well I was being hyperbolic, I do think Intel will lose some market share.
Also btw, how do you know how well is epyc doing? I can't find any data on units sold

The diversity meme continues to kill it's hosts
First Firefox, then Star Wars and now Intel

Glad I just built a new rig with a ryzen 5

Does this affect Windows 7? Is it possible to not install this update?
I am not a tech pro so I have no idea, pls help a brainlet out.

see Download the risk assessment tool dude, stop panicing.

>windows

You asked for this.

I take it that this is another Win10 fuck up? If so, then who gives a shit.

AMD MASTERRACE!

>Threadripper is the best priced production product on the market (meme streamers still buy Skylake-X because they know nothing), Ryzen 5/7 the best of all worlds, and soon with Ryzen+ the clockspeeds may allow them to beat the 8700k in gaming as well.
The Zen chip was designed by Jim Keller, same guy who designed the famous K8 Athlons.
>He was the lead architect of the AMD K8 microarchitecture and was involved in designing the Athlon (K7) and Apple A4/A5 processors.

Stop being mean

sweet, I have a 4790k as well. that makes me feel better

MFW my shitty AMD a10-7850k can keep up with an i5 now.

kek

It also affects Linux iirc

It's a hardware problem. It affects every OS.

And you know what?
Fucking bless him for it.
All we need now is for AMD to be kikeless.
>tfw that would happen

A socket change a year keep's the goyim in fear

Yes, Australian consumerists at least say cunt every other word.

Thanks Jews.

Wait for the class action, friend

>jokes on you it doesnt affect my intel 486

party van en route to confiscate your secure bitcoin wallet

I don't understand you retards, it has nothing to do with the operating system.

It is a hardware bug from Intel.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xwZqXGdzHw

What CPUs are affected?

and upgrading to ubuntu 17.10 fucks up your UEFI/BIOS... do i have to install temple to escape the OS jew?

Current assumption is everything since 1st gen Core.

Also, OHNONONONOOOOOO

TRUMP CURSE???
!!

It's not related to Windows 10, nor is it a cockup.
This was entirely deliberate and has been known for some time.
Took the masses long enough to find out. Way too long.

Fuck, that's annoying.

So Intel caused this bug (i.e. canning the security specs) in order to make their CPU's 30% faster?

Is Microsoft redpilled? Is this their opening shot in the war against the Jews?

youtube.com/watch?v=k36sIRRdFSU

I have an I7 3770 in my old ailing pc. Was just about to look for a new one, then this happened. huh. I never update anything so theres that. Screwed if you do or if you dont...

Are you trying to tank intels stock or what?
Short short short.

>It appears, from what AMD software engineer Tom Lendacky was suggesting above, that Intel's CPUs speculatively execute code potentially without performing security checks. It seems it may be possible to craft software in such a way that the processor starts executing an instruction that would normally be blocked – such as reading kernel memory from user mode – and completes that instruction before the privilege level check occurs.

What a fuck up.

>buying intel when ryzen is out.
You are dumb bro.

As long as you're not a datacenter owner, you shouldn't be too fucked.

However, Bezos has probably sent a kill team after Intel's CEO already.

damn
a few weeks ago I updated from win7 to win10 and my old i5 3500 was like 30% faster, everything was way smoother than on win7

I hope AMD has a way of proving that their EPYC and Ryzen processors don't have this designed flaw.
They've been eager to have some of that datacentre cake. This is their opportunity.

just checked my two rigs.
i7-6800k and my i5-3570K are not effected \o/

They already have. They actually designed special encryption built into their "professional" chips to further combat this type of exploit.

AMD is sitting pretty on this one.

Kek I'll just upgrade my CPU to an unaffected model. Sorry for your loss slowniggers

Yeah, I mostly just use my computer for homework(though I just graduated with my bachelor's so that's over for now) and games. Still annoying and I've been considering switching to AMD at some point when I need to upgrade.

No, the bug is very task specific and does not have a linear effect on CPU performance in general. It is a hardware bug that would typically impact heavy privilege escalation tasks like hypervisors/VM applications.

Yeah, but the benchmarks show less of an impact, and you get to make your own exposure/risk assessment and patch at your own discretion.

Only AMDs or Intels made over a decade ago (i.e. none of the i series) are unaffected.

Not the bug they're talking about kemosabe.

same chip. maybe we can wait 6-8 mo and inet will be forced to save face my making something special. like a major bump in performance along with the fix.

Not the same issue at all, this bug is still embargoed and Intel have not acknowledged it.

They'll come out with new fixed models though and I'll get one.

how is that even politics? the majority of Sup Forums has a $200 PC that's just powerful enough for shitposting and downloading loli hentai.

>theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/

I understand some of the words in this article.

PSA: Both Intel and AMD are controlled by the CIA through In-Q-Tel (formerly Peleus). Intel has Management Engine and AMD (Freescale Semiconductor; MH370+patent) has debug backdoors in all their CPU's at least since 2010. This is how the CIA/NSA are able to access any device that connects to the net regardless of the operating system.

iirc the problem is for system calls, and you would have the biggest performance hit for an application that made a lot of intermittent system calls because the kernel now has to flush the cache every time

so assuming I'm remembering this right, there are a lot of applications that will see 0% performance dip. some will see very significant dips (more than 30% seems realistic).

I dont know but Im fucking worried about him! No sign of him since December 15 :(

Yippee, a zero-day side channel exploit has been out there for years. Not sure if I’ll get AMD next time - definitely considering it. I just suspect that they might be sitting on their own flaws...

>SHHHHH!!!!
Came here to say the same - they're even holding back the CVE details ...